NAKED Palettes - Are they worth the hype?

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NAKED Palettes - Are they worth the hype?

Post by Nickelliebear »

I personally have N1, N2, N3 and NB1. It really depends on your colouring on which one you should get (if you're only getting one) and your personal preference. These are easily the best selling palettes that my Sephora has.

N1 - my personal favorite. It's mostly Warmer tones, like your bronzes and gold. You can easily go through and make a look with a quad or mix and match.

N2 - my least favorite of the line but for a more night time look, this is what I grab. It's cooler and has more deep colors, taupes, and mattes. It's been really popular with blondes.

N3 - rose golds and shimmery but it's a nice change on the neutral look without being too over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

I definitely like the Naked 2 the best, since Naked 1 have to many boring shades for me. I have barely touched some shadows (toasted, hustle, creep, gunmetal), and I've had it for years. I like that N1 has a lot more matte crease/all over the lid colours, so I'd think N1 is ideal for beginners who are just starting out with makeup.
For me, I can do a lot more with N2, and I already have a lot of basic mattes from other brands, so I don't mind that N2 don't have those. I don't think that N2 really has one dud shade, I tend to use all of them. I love that N2 has a matte black, it's perfect on top of liquid black liner. The packaging is also so much better than N1. I'd also like to add that you don't need both N1 and N2.

I'd say that to know what's best for you, go and swatch and look at all three palettes, because I don't think there's a difference in quality. Just pick the one with shades you think you'll find most useful and flattering.

English is not my first language

lipsticklover143
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lipsticklover143 »

Totally worth it. My favorite is the first one, then Naked 2, and lastly Naked 3.

OutWithIt
Informer
Informer

Post by OutWithIt »

Most definitely worth it. :tu: I own all 3 and couldn't be any happier with them. I do seem to use #2 and #3 the most though. I also own the first Basics palette (the smaller one) and that gets a lot of use too. I still want to buy the second Basics too. It is supposed to be cooler, yes?

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner

Post by YorkshireTea »

I decided to go for the N2 palette seeing as that was the one I'd seen get the most 'screen time' in makeup tutorials/review videos. Seeing as it was the first high-end palette to come into my possession, I wasn't completely sure what to expect in terms of pigmentation or quality other than that it'd hopefully be better than my other palettes. Although there are a few colours in the palette that I simply can't use regularly (blackout has been reserved for costume makeup), the ones that I do use on a daily basis are very flattering and natural. N3 seems far too pink for my liking but I'm sure the colours are just as flattering. My personal favourites are 'Chopper', 'Foxy' and 'Tease' - 'Tease' in particular has such a wonderful texture and consistency.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

I have the Naked 1,2, and 3 palette as well as the first basics. I think I get the most use out of the 1 and 2. I like the 3, but I mildly regret buying it, as I don't really use it all that much, and I like looking at it more than I do using it, as weird as that may sound.

LOL_Uh_What
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LOL_Uh_What »

I own the Naked 1 and Naked 2. Personally Naked 1 is my favorite. Both are amazing quality, but the first one has colors that I use more often. :)

290ppm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 290ppm »

I wasn't a huge fan of eyeshadows until I got the Naked 1. I find that the colour combos are enough for everyday use with just enough sparkle when you need a bit of va-va-voom. It's the only one I got and I honestly feel like it's the only one I'll need for a while.

Post by Guest »

I did have the first naked palette but there are *so many* dupes you can get that genuinely are just as good. You're paying for the brand more than anything. I would recommend at least trying out a Revolution palette before you get an Urban Decay one. And even then maybe get it on e-bay or try out a friend's or something? It's just... it's a hell of a lot to pay for a brand name.

lacraycray
Learner
Learner

Post by lacraycray »

I own the Naked 2, it's pretty good - pigmentation is nice, colours are pretty
Buuut, the staying power that Urban Decay is associated with (at least to me) seems to be down to using their primer - without it, the shadow creases like a mofo after a few hours, and depending on the shadow, some of it ends up under my eyes.
There's also only like 2 matte shadows, which isn't really enough in my opinion.
The Chocolate bar is apparently pretty good, and another set of palettes which I believe are actually slightly cheaper than the Naked range is the LORAC Pro(s) which have an equal number mattes to shimmers (would personally have got one of these instead if I'd known about them.)
:HK:

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I have Naked 1 and 2, and the first Basics palette. I think each of the three Naked palettes have their strengths and you can easily find a color family that works for you. Back when I loooooved warm shades Naked 1 worked for me, now I love rose golds but I can't bring myself to spend the $50(or however much they are) for Naked 3 :( Also wish I never bought Naked 2 but I use it sometimes.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

I have the Naked 1, 2, 3, and Smokey. I love them honestly. Depending on the day and my look depends on which one I will grab but it was certainly worth the money for me. I looked at the MUR in store and the quality just was not on par at all with it. It's fine for a cheaper priced shadow but the UD is a lot better. It's not just about paying for the brand but this was a case of paying for quality to me.

bluehawaii19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluehawaii19 »

I own Naked and Naked 2. I purchased Naked 3 and immediately returned it. While the shades were pretty, I just felt letdown by this one. The pigmentation wasn't up to par and the shades muddled on me. I didn't feel like it was worth the $54 price tag.

Naked 2 I like but I don't think I would repurchase it. I barely use it and have owned it for a long time now.

Naked I love and it's my go-to product. I have hit pan on a few of the shades so soon need to purchase a new one. I bought it back when it was $48 so am not looking forward to paying $54+ for a new one. Plus, it now comes with samples of the PP instead of one deluxe size.

captaintwiddelston
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by captaintwiddelston »

Does anyone here has the new Smokey palette? I'm seriously considering it, but I heard some mixed reviews from bloggers. I'm looking for more darker colors but I'm not sure.
Please excuse any mistakes as English is my second language.

AlisinChanes
Informer
Informer

Post by AlisinChanes »

I have Naked 2 Basics and Naked 3. I'm planning to get another soon, but can't decide which. I bought N2B first, just to see if they were worth it because I knew I'd use ALL the colors on that little palette. I love them. I don't get fallout from them like some other palettes. I'm sure if you load the crap out of your brush that fallout is more likely, but I always tap off the access and I haven't had any issues. I love the colors in both palettes. I'm light to medium tone if that helps any. The UD palettes are more blend able than others I've tried. And the looks are nearly endless, so I can only imagine what it's like for those who have every palette.

yteri
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by yteri »

Are the Naked Basics palettes worth it? I never use eyeshadow and wanted to buy a Naked palette of some sort but since I doubt at the moment I'll be making any extravagant eye looks but they do look a bit boring and buying the regular Naked palettes would be a bit more economical (for the Naked 1 palette each eyeshadow costs £3.16 and in Naked Basics they cost £3.83 each). Any advice? I'm trying to decide between Naked 1 or 2 or Naked Basics 2

ALOUD
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ALOUD »

I use probably only half of my Naked 2 palette :/

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

For Christmas I got 1,2,3 and I'm having trouble getting them to work with me. I really wanted them so naturally I'm disappointed. I can't get much colour pay off and whatever I do, everything blends into one. It ends up looking muddy. I actually preferred my Makeup Revolution palettes and I'm pissed I already gave them to my sister.
I've tried with Primer. It works a bit better if I don't set the primer with powder. I've also come to the conclusion the brush included is too stiff to use and useless at picking up and transferring colour to my lids but soft brushes like real techniques don't really work any better.
Is it me? Am I missing something? Help me.

They aren't fakes. My aunt works for Loreal/debenhams so I got them cheap thankfully.

---
Talker
Talker

Post by --- »

justafleshwound wrote:For Christmas I got 1,2,3 and I'm having trouble getting them to work with me. I really wanted them so naturally I'm disappointed. I can't get much colour pay off and whatever I do, everything blends into one. It ends up looking muddy. I actually preferred my Makeup Revolution palettes and I'm pissed I already gave them to my sister.
I've tried with Primer. It works a bit better if I don't set the primer with powder. I've also come to the conclusion the brush included is too stiff to use and useless at picking up and transferring colour to my lids but soft brushes like real techniques don't really work any better.

They aren't fakes. My aunt works for Loreal/debenhams so I got them cheap thankfully.
How do you apply them? I find for shades that I want to stand out, I wet the brush after picking up the shadow and patting the eyeshadow is the most important :tu:

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

--- wrote:
justafleshwound wrote:For Christmas I got 1,2,3 and I'm having trouble getting them to work with me. I really wanted them so naturally I'm disappointed. I can't get much colour pay off and whatever I do, everything blends into one. It ends up looking muddy. I actually preferred my Makeup Revolution palettes and I'm pissed I already gave them to my sister.

How do you apply them? I find for shades that I want to stand out, I wet the brush after picking up the shadow and patting the eyeshadow is the most important :tu:
Thanks. I always forget to pat. I was wondering about using a damp brush. I just would hate for the shadows to get that hard layer over them.
I admit to using a cheap primer (I want to use it up before I open the UD PP) but at the same time that cheap primer makes cheap eyeshadow look great.
I think I gotta experiment with my different brushes and find the best ones to make it work. I find the matte shades work really well. It is just the shimmers and glitters that are causing me trouble.

Return to “Urban Decay”