Bethany's Extremely Short Dresses/Skirts

HollyistheHater
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bethany's Extremely Short Dresses/Skirts

Post by HollyistheHater »

I think its time we discuss whether the "fashion" that Bethany is promoting is actually APPROPRIATE for the age group of her viewers.
I don't get how she can clearly be very knowledgable about her audience hence the "cutesy" personality in her intros and bloopers to attract viewers, yet she finds it OK to tell these 9-14 year old girls to wear crop tops and SHORT SHORT SHORT skirts and dresses!

There are times where Bethany is literally hunching over in her poses during a video because she is worried about the dress showing any inappropriate parts. I AM JUST WAITING for the day that Bethany accidentally doesn't edit out a clip where her underwear or worse is showing on camera /: I mean if she has to hunch over in videos because the length is too short, then how in the hell does she go about her day/evening in these outfits without flashing the whole world with every step!?!?

I used to think maybe its her body proportions that are throwing my eye off, but after years of watching Beth I have a good idea of how long her legs are and trust me, I don't think anyone should be wearing anything that short.. Esp when you're only 18 years old and making videos on the internet for pervs to enjoy.

This video is a perfect example. During the braided headband hairstyle about 5:45 I honest to god do not think that piece she was wearing is even a DRESS. It looks like a tunic meant to be worn with leggings, but Beth decided to get it one or two sizes too big and suddenly its a dress.... In her newer video, the Holiday Checklist the second outfit is also a really good example

[youtube]SxxyILeaiy4[/youtube]

Anyway my whole point is, young girls SHOUlD NOT be dressing in crop tops and super short skirts and think its okay just because you throw a loose cardigan over it. If Bethany is so intelligent about the business perspective and her target audience, then that leads me to believe she only dresses this way in her videos because she wants to show so much skin and show off how great her body looks.

HollyistheHater
Learner
Learner

Re: Bethany's Extremely Short Dresses/Skirts

sorry can't figure out how to embed yt videos. heres the link

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I don't think it's a big deal, really. Bethany is 18, right? I think at that age you should be able to start really wearing what you like and begin to branch out. I'm about a year older than her (A year and a couple months lol) and I've seen girls wear MUCH worse to school. These girls used to wear crop tops with short shorts, shorts that were so short they looked like underwear and just the skimpiest things. A lot of these girls were younger than Beth, too.

I try to not wear short things too much because I'm pretty tall (About 5'8) and I don't like walking around worrying if my underwear is showing or not. Especially sucks if a breeze blows by.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

who cares

SparklyMuffinUnicorn
Talker
Talker

Post by SparklyMuffinUnicorn »

Uh I noticed that as well :D I don't think they're too short but she's definately showing a lot of skin. In one video quite a while ago you could see that she was wearing some kind of tight shorts underneath, maybe that's why she's pretty comfortable wearing short skirts?
Well anyway, better legs than boobs right? :D

Yvienne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Yvienne »

Unfortunately, crop tops and short pants/skirts are in right now. I wouldn't dare wear them myself, but if you feel comfortable wearing it, then do it. It's not my problem. I don't think it's your decision on how people dress. Bethany is 18 and she can dress how she wants.

Bethany, or any fashion guru for that matter, doesn't tell her audience how to dress. She shows different outfits ideas, and it's up to her audience on how they perceive it. Her outfit ideas are meant to inspire others to create their own outfit from it. That means that if you're not comfortable wearing a short skirt that she happens to wear, you can easily find a longer one that you feel more comfortable wearing.

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

I wouldn't be allowed to wear them to school or anywhere really. So her lookbooks are useless to me but hey, it's her body and her life. She's 18 and in warm climate, so who cares.

HollyistheHater
Learner
Learner

Well I guess everybody's okay with kids looking up to someone who flashes the world everyday in the name of fashion...
I never said I should decide how Bethany dresses and I never said her looks are skimpy either. You guys missed the point, but whatves. See ya never.

nicki m
Talker
Talker

Post by nicki m »

HollyistheHater wrote:Well I guess everybody's okay with kids looking up to someone who flashes the world everyday in the name of fashion...
I never said I should decide how Bethany dresses and I never said her looks are skimpy either. You guys missed the point, but whatves. See ya never.
Lol really? stop overreacting just because people aren't agreeing with you it's not that serious nobody wants little girls wearing short stuff but like someone else said Bethany doesn't tell them what to wear. Why should she buy long skirts/dresses just so people like you don't get mad? she's an 18 year old and there are people who wear much worse.

bianca212
Talker
Talker

Post by bianca212 »

bringing this up will do nothing but stir up a little debate lol... it sure as hell won't change bethanys opinion. its her decision to wear whatever the hell she pleases and if she feels its okay for her younger viewers to look at well then thats cool too.on top of everything else, if these younger viewers were really poorly affected by bethanys outfit choices, I'm sure their mothers would take the matter into their own hands and not allow them to watch beths videos. she's not a baby she shouldnt be told how to dress

HollyistheHater
Learner
Learner

In other parts of this forum people DO agree that Bethany's skirts and dresses are way too short. Just thought I put my opinion out there and start a thread for it. Nobody is telling Bethany "how to dress." And I'd like to point out, all of you trolls say that you don't care about it, but you don't deny that her skirts are actually too short.
When you have a 12 year old daughter one day maybe you will "care" a little more about what is appropriate for young girls to be wearing

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious »

I just got done watching her NYE video. I couldn't help but notice how crazy short her skirts/dresses were. I guess maybe it is a Cali thing, because I have never seen anyone wear clothes like her. I would never dream of leaving the house in outfits that skimpy for both modesty and comfort reasons. I don't feel the need to share my butt cheeks with the world like her.

Also, wow, who would have thought she would pair crop tops and circle skirts. That's a fresh idea for her. :?

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

HollyistheHater wrote:In other parts of this forum people DO agree that Bethany's skirts and dresses are way too short. Just thought I put my opinion out there and start a thread for it. Nobody is telling Bethany "how to dress." And I'd like to point out, all of you trolls say that you don't care about it, but you don't deny that her skirts are actually too short.
When you have a 12 year old daughter one day maybe you will "care" a little more about what is appropriate for young girls to be wearing
When I have a twelve year old daughter, um actually, IF I have a twelve year old daughter, I won't buy her things that I think look inappropriate on her. I hate posts like this. It is not Bethany's job to deem what's okay for today's youth, that is the job of the PARENTS. Until my kid is 18, I have full say over what they can and can't wear, and then when they're eighteen, everything is fair game. That's the way growing up tends to work. It is not up to Bethany to regulate what kids wear, that's up to the moms and dads. It's not your business what a twelve year old is wearing unless it's your twelve year old. Let her wear whatever she wants because it isn't your job to parent Bethany just like it's not her job to parent her four and a half million subscribers.

And as a side note, girls will grow into their own senses of style, and honestly, if my kid likes her body enough to show it off then that is absolutely awesome for her. I would be thrilled to raise a girl who loves her figure and has no shame in showing it off. I am around Bethany's age, and I can't speak for her, but I can speak for me - if I want to wear crop tops and short shorts then I sure as fuck will. If you have a problem with it then don't look at me. I dress the way I want to based on the way that I want to dress, it's none of your business. It is absolutely none of anyone's business what anyone else is wearing, freedom of expression is a really awesome thing.

bianca212
Talker
Talker

Post by bianca212 »

oxprincessxo wrote:
HollyistheHater wrote:In other parts of this forum people DO agree that Bethany's skirts and dresses are way too short. Just thought I put my opinion out there and start a thread for it. Nobody is telling Bethany "how to dress." And I'd like to point out, all of you trolls say that you don't care about it, but you don't deny that her skirts are actually too short.
When I have a twelve year old daughter, um actually, IF I have a twelve year old daughter, I won't buy her things that I think look inappropriate on her. I hate posts like this. It is not Bethany's job to deem what's okay for today's youth, that is the job of the PARENTS. Until my kid is 18, I have full say over what they can and can't wear, and then when they're eighteen, everything is fair game. That's the way growing up tends to work. It is not up to Bethany to regulate what kids wear, that's up to the moms and dads. It's not your business what a twelve year old is wearing unless it's your twelve year old. Let her wear whatever she wants because it isn't your job to parent Bethany just like it's not her job to parent her four and a half million subscribers.

And as a side note, girls will grow into their own senses of style, and honestly, if my kid likes her body enough to show it off then that is absolutely awesome for her. I would be thrilled to raise a girl who loves her figure and has no shame in showing it off. I am around Bethany's age, and I can't speak for her, but I can speak for me - if I want to wear crop tops and short shorts then I sure as fuck will. If you have a problem with it then don't look at me. I dress the way I want to based on the way that I want to dress, it's none of your business. It is absolutely none of anyone's business what anyone else is wearing, freedom of expression is a really awesome thing.
I really couldn't agree more with everything you've said.HollyistheHater, I understand you just wanted to voice an opinion, but bringing anyone else's parenting skills into this really was NOT necessary.When I have my own children,if youtube is still popular thing and a person super similar to bethany was what they were into, hell, thats fantastic.I think she's a fine young woman and just because she's confident with her body and feels like dressing in shorter length dresses and skirts, doesn't make her a bad influence on anyone.If my child were to ask to wear clothes similar to her at that young of an age, a simple no and thats all.Not allowing your kid to enjoy someones content over a harmless outfit choice is completely ridiculous and uncalled for.A parent cares about whats inappropriate for their child, but Beth is definitely not inappropriate at all.

GiftWrapWonderland
Talker
Talker

Post by GiftWrapWonderland »

Tbh, yeah her stuff is short, but I like her outfits. Are they anything new? No, but I think they are cute anyway. I'm a teenager and if I had money to buy a bunch of clothes I would probably get a skirt or two like hers. She's eighteen... If that's how she wants to dress then it's cool with me. She has a great figure, so why not show it off? As long as she covers her butt. She's never said "you guys can't alter these outfits to your body". She obviously is confident in her own skin (which I admire). I get where the OP is coming from, but I personally don't agree. My mom is in charge of telling me how short is too short. As long as it's ok with her, why shouldn't I dress similarly to Beth if I feel like it? Don't flame me, jmo. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

Post by Guest »

Everyone's always so worried about how these girls are dressing, but they don't bat an eyelash at the grown ass dudes who are posting shirtless selfies to their thousands of tween followers. I think that's much more bothersome, if you ask me.

addieee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by addieee »

Flaunt what mother nature gave you, until father time takes it away!

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

This is such a soccer mum thread. Who cares, she is 18. If 9-14 year olds parents let them wear that then that is their problem. Not Beths. Plus, she has a great body and she suits a lot of clothes, I say werk it.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

I've noticed that they are short but it doesn't really bother me. It's more of an observation. I think she's at an acceptable age to where she can wear things that short. I also don't think she wears them with the intention of "showing off" or being sexy.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

Yes, her dresses and skirts are short. No, I don't give a shit. And I think it's funny that people ask if it's appropriate to promote it to her younger viewers, I'd be more worried about everything getting oversexualized in today's society, be it a pair of legs or even girls who have barely hit puberty and partly still look like children.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”