A little rant!

princesse11
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A little rant!

Post by princesse11 »

Hi, I'm new to the board. Not sure if I should start a new topic.

We all know that Blair lies, but when she uploads a video you guys complain because its sponsored. I am not saying its okay for her to do sponsor after sponsor, but when she doesn't upload you guys complain, and when she does do a tutorial or non-sponsored video you all complain. You say it was cheesy, too short, it was horrible, she stole a recipe, she did this wrong and maybe she realizes nothing satisfies you all with what she does. So she refuses to really upload unless she gets "paid". I understand constructive criticism, but some of you guys do more than that to her. It is like you people just constantly bully her (not saying all, but some do). You are all aware that a lot of negativity and bullying to someone can cause people to be depressed and lose interest in something that they once loved, right?

Onto the her and the boyfriend. Has it dawned on you guys that maybe she cut the heads out, because he doesn't want to be seen and bothered by her fans? Maybe he told her not to show his face? You all know what happened last time with Sawyer, maybe this guy is just not in with being seen on the internet and getting "internet famous". Everything she does, you all find a reason or assumption to accuse her. Like when the problem happened with Remi, that you all believed a fan who didn't know either Blair or Remi and ran with Blair slept with Remi's boyfriend. Remi didn't have a boyfriend at the time. When Remi said "i hate when friendships end because of a man" and her tweeting Sawyer. The reason could have been that Blair was uncomfortable with Remi dating/being friends with Sawyer. I mean it is understandable for Blair to feel that way and Remi should respect that it was Blairs ex and she might have had feelings for Sawyer or just didn't feel comfortable around him. Only if that was the real reason which I think it was. Kind of obvious!

Though no matter what it was most of you picked on Blair and defended Remi, based on what a fan said. Now you all are making judgements over this new guy she's dating calling it attention. I understand the whole curiosity, but some of you are very nit-picky and judgmental. That isn't right! I know Blair comes off as a money hungry and a snotty/fake person on YT and maybe in real life, but stop judging her and her personal life. Stop creating assumptions just to have something to talk about. If she told you all who he was you would all go on an FBI hunt to find his background out and pictures. Maybe she's not ready for that or maybe he's not ready for that.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: A little rant!

Post by Evolve »

If you read threads you'll see that many of us have different opinions on things. We don't all collectively agree on much - except probably that commenting directly on YouTube videos sucks. I don't agree with everyone here but we're all throwing out different ideas. In fact, if you read the Remi thread, a few of us hypothesized the same thing as you did.

And regarding Blair's privacy with her boyfriend, she knows what's she's doing. You don't have to post pics on Instagram if you want privacy, she's doing it for attention and she's getting the attention. It will backfire as soon as someone sees something recognizable in her coy "secretive" public messages and outs her.

Post by Guest »

No disrespect, but what was the point in you starting this topic? If you take the time to read through Blair's forum (which would probably be boring and tedious) you will see tons of us saying positive things about her along side the negatives. That's just how things work around here. We watch videos and then we talk about them. Do some people nit-pick? You betcha. Is some of it kind of ridiculous? Yes. Blair isn't stupid. She's a young woman running her own business. She knows the tricks of the trade. Also, this forum is not bullying. No one is going directly to her and telling her to come here to read any of this. Bullying would be someone commenting directly on her social media outlets (twitter, facebook, instagram, YT) and calling her names. Like any celebrity, she puts herself out there for the world to see. Not everyone is going to love her. I personally have nothing against her, but once in a while she will annoy me.

princesse11
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by princesse11 »

I'm sorry like I said I didn't know whether to start a new topic or post it in another thread. My apologies, but there is just so many pages its kind of difficult to go through all of them. I understand the whole thing, but sometimes people just complain about something that really isn't a big deal. I am well aware she's an attention seeker, but sometimes with assumptions it creates rumors and then people take what is said here and attack her on social network. I am by no means trying to create drama, again I am new and just trying to figure out why people complain about everything she does. Some is just not really serious to me to complain about.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

Onto the her and the boyfriend. Has it dawned on you guys that maybe she cut the heads out, because he doesn't want to be seen and bothered by her fans? Maybe he told her not to show his face?
No offense but has it dawned on you, that if she was really concerned about privacy she would have kept it private? I don't care who she dates. I think it's nice if she's happy but, Blair didn't have to post the picture for 200k followers to see.
Though no matter what it was most of you picked on Blair and defended Remi, based on what a fan said. Now you all are making judgements over this new guy she's dating calling it attention.
I don't know what thread you've been reading but most have overwhelmingly assumed Remi was in the wrong.

Also stop using the word bullying. There are people really being bullied. She put herself out there on a public forum (youtube) and opened her self up to to criticism. The criticism in here in nothing compared to some other guru's sections, where it has went too far. I no longer watch her videos (except on a rare occasion), but much of the criticism with regard to her content she brought on herself. By having a history of misleading viewers or abandoning video schedules she started herself.

I will say, it is strange to me that many people in this section who claim to dislike her the most: seem to watch every one of her videos.

Post by Guest »

princesse11 wrote:I'm sorry like I said I didn't know whether to start a new topic or post it in another thread. My apologies, but there is just so many pages its kind of difficult to go through all of them. I understand the whole thing, but sometimes people just complain about something that really isn't a big deal. I am well aware she's an attention seeker, but sometimes with assumptions it creates rumors and then people take what is said here and attack her on social network. I am by no means trying to create drama, again I am new and just trying to figure out why people complain about everything she does. Some is just not really serious to me to complain about.
I do get where you are coming from. A lot of what you said can pretty much be applied to most big-named gurus on youtube. They're driven by the almighty dollar. It's pretty easy for assumptions to fly around when we're so used to them sharing so much of their lives with us.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

princesse11 wrote:bullying
Stopped reading here.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

maybe its just me but i have a feeling primcesse11 is some close to blair or is blair...
seems awfully defensive over someone who they just watch on youtube..

Dibs
Informer
Informer

Post by Dibs »

Criticizing someone for their bullshit content is not bullying. Whenever she actually puts out something decent, people always acknowledge it. It just happens increasingly rarely and the sponsorships (hello tissues and duct tape) are getting increasingly lame. I think people are just so disappointed because she actually has capacity to be very good, yet is treating her channel way less professionally than she was at 16. Now and then there's a glimpse of promise and then she just lets her subscribes down yet again.

princesse11
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by princesse11 »

@Sunset123 I'm not Blair nor do I know Blair. I am also not being defensive. If you are allowed to have an opinion, why can't my opinion be defensive? I never once said Blair doesn't do anything wrong or that she's not an attention whore. I simply just implied people complain about everything she does. Which I get constructive criticism and her being in the "public" eye, but some things shouldn't even worry some people. Also tell me how am I defensive, but you can be "angry" with sponsored videos and her personal life?

@Dibs- You are right, criticizing someone isn't bullying depending on how you criticize them. Bullying really comes in all forms whether directly or indirectly. Sometimes its not what you say, but how you say it. Just saying! I know she's in a position where constructive criticism is needed. I am never once said people shouldn't give her constructive criticism, but I don't agree with her doing sponsor videos all the time. I think she is just losing interest in doing youtube, based on the comments people leave. For example: The picture Elle posted of her making a face, people attacked Blair and was kind of "bullying" her on IG. Which I don't get why it was worthy enough to complain about lol. I also do agree her channel was better when she was 16.

@SillyPeanut- I agree with you! I think that is what happens. I think everyone feels a bit obligated to know more about them on that personal note, because they put their lives on display. Blair just does more for attention than Elle does. Sometimes I just think Blair is depressed or bi-polar.

Again, not trying to create or start anything.

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

You are saying that people on here shouldn't be "worrying" about some things, yet here you are giving your play-by-play. You are just as involved in it as anybody else writing in this forum. There is nothing wrong with it. It is just discussion. It isn't consuming anyone's life.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

normally i hate when people do this, but this thread is seriously useless :lol:

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

princesse11 wrote:Hi, I'm new to the board. Not sure if I should start a new topic.

We all know that Blair lies, but when she uploads a video you guys complain because its sponsored. I am not saying its okay for her to do sponsor after sponsor, but when she doesn't upload you guys complain, and when she does do a tutorial or non-sponsored video you all complain. You say it was cheesy, too short, it was horrible, she stole a recipe, she did this wrong and maybe she realizes nothing satisfies you all with what she does. So she refuses to really upload unless she gets "paid". I understand constructive criticism, but some of you guys do more than that to her. It is like you people just constantly bully her (not saying all, but some do). You are all aware that a lot of negativity and bullying to someone can cause people to be depressed and lose interest in something that they once loved, right?

Onto the her and the boyfriend. Has it dawned on you guys that maybe she cut the heads out, because he doesn't want to be seen and bothered by her fans? Maybe he told her not to show his face? You all know what happened last time with Sawyer, maybe this guy is just not in with being seen on the internet and getting "internet famous". Everything she does, you all find a reason or assumption to accuse her. Like when the problem happened with Remi, that you all believed a fan who didn't know either Blair or Remi and ran with Blair slept with Remi's boyfriend. Remi didn't have a boyfriend at the time. When Remi said "i hate when friendships end because of a man" and her tweeting Sawyer. The reason could have been that Blair was uncomfortable with Remi dating/being friends with Sawyer. I mean it is understandable for Blair to feel that way and Remi should respect that it was Blairs ex and she might have had feelings for Sawyer or just didn't feel comfortable around him. Only if that was the real reason which I think it was. Kind of obvious!

Though no matter what it was most of you picked on Blair and defended Remi, based on what a fan said. Now you all are making judgements over this new guy she's dating calling it attention. I understand the whole curiosity, but some of you are very nit-picky and judgmental. That isn't right! I know Blair comes off as a money hungry and a snotty/fake person on YT and maybe in real life, but stop judging her and her personal life. Stop creating assumptions just to have something to talk about. If she told you all who he was you would all go on an FBI hunt to find his background out and pictures. Maybe she's not ready for that or maybe he's not ready for that.
I actully agree with this. Although, we can't see GG as one person. I also have a tendency to view GG as one giant bitch with a lot of additional info. But we can't really do that. Sure, there are a few who complain about everything, but for the most part, it's just a bunch of different people with different opinions, and there will always be at least ONE person who will criticize each thing, so it seems like everyone is criticizing everything a guru does, so she eventually feels like she can't win. But really, that's the nature of life. You can't make everyone happy, but in this YT world, it's documented.

Kadara
Talker
Talker

Post by Kadara »

I completely agree with you, OP. People here just love to complain about nothing.

As for the people who are saying that this site is filled with individuals with different opinions, I totally agree because you're right! However, it's the same as saying something that I see all the time, which is "It's almost as if (insert website name) is made up of different people with different thoughts." Yes, there are people with different opinions, but there is such a thing as a hivemind of a website. The hivemind of Blair's threads, for example, are filled with nasty opinions and jumping to conclusions. Sure, there are a handful of people who don't bash her for something she chooses to do, but the majority are obviously gossiping just for the sake of it. You guys seriously can't expect a stranger to come and read one of her threads and think, "Wow, these comments are really insightful and include constructive criticism!" It's disgusting. You guys are trying to portray this website as a positive place, but really, anyone who's not fucking stupid can realize that this is straight up bullying.

Kadara
Talker
Talker

Post by Kadara »

sillypeanut wrote:No one is going directly to her and telling her to come here to read any of this. Bullying would be someone commenting directly on her social media outlets (twitter, facebook, instagram, YT) and calling her names. Like any celebrity, she puts herself out there for the world to see. Not everyone is going to love her.
I'm sorry, but that's one of the most stupid things I've ever read on here. This mindset of "These girls CHOOSE to read this site, it's their fault!!" is astonishing. Yes, they could close their laptop. Yes, they could exit out this page. Yes, they could have quit making videos. I hate the fact that you think it's okay to make fun of a girl's chin, or laugh at a girl's boyfriend's age is really pathetic. I also have to add that you CHOOSE to watch her videos. You could close your laptop. You could exit out of their Youtube page. You can quit watching their videos. How can you make fun of someone for choosing to read this site when you look stupid for choosing to keep watching their videos?

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

If they wanna keep their lives private, maybe they should have chosen another lucrative career which will allow them to stay anonymous. They got themselves into this.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Kadara wrote:I completely agree with you, OP. People here just love to complain about nothing.

As for the people who are saying that this site is filled with individuals with different opinions, I totally agree because you're right! However, it's the same as saying something that I see all the time, which is "It's almost as if (insert website name) is made up of different people with different thoughts." Yes, there are people with different opinions, but there is such a thing as a hivemind of a website. The hivemind of Blair's threads, for example, are filled with nasty opinions and jumping to conclusions. Sure, there are a handful of people who don't bash her for something she chooses to do, but the majority are obviously gossiping just for the sake of it. You guys seriously can't expect a stranger to come and read one of her threads and think, "Wow, these comments are really insightful and include constructive criticism!" It's disgusting. You guys are trying to portray this website as a positive place, but really, anyone who's not fucking stupid can realize that this is straight up bullying.
Okay well the problem with all you people that come here to just post rants against posters here is that this does nothing. Directing some argument against everyone who posts here is meaningless. You're wasting everyone's time. If you see a post or posts that are objectionable, comment on them. Give a real argument. Creating a new thread where you just lump every poster in together like we all complain about the same things serves no purpose at all because we don't do that. I disagree with other posters all the time and I've definitely had my fair share of hate turned back on me but at least I have balls enough to address the argument directly and actually make people think about my argument. Has anyone at all changed their minds about their posts here because of this thread?

Return to “juicystar07”