So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

Post by an0n »

I can believe 18k, especially for it being the focus of the video not just like mentioned. Also if you really think about it it makes sense for smaller companies cause they create hype and awareness in their demographic, and don't have to make, produce, and then buy airtime for regular commercials or even print ads which would be super expensive.

also ^ 5 figures? you probably mean 6 and she absolutely makes over 200k a year probably even over 300.

prettylittegossiper
Talker
Talker

Post by prettylittegossiper »

just pretend the l is there.

Post by Guest »

So hypothetically speaking... Do you guys think when Ingrid went more in depth talking about the Travalo (Sweater Weather tag) that they paid 18K? She didn't devote an entire video to Travalo but did talk about the product a lot. Didn't she even make up her own tag question so she could purposely mention the Travalo?

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

sillypeanut wrote:So hypothetically speaking... Do you guys think when Ingrid went more in depth talking about the Travalo (Sweater Weather tag) that they paid 18K? She didn't devote an entire video to Travalo but did talk about the product a lot. Didn't she even make up her own tag question so she could purposely mention the Travalo?
I obviously don't know for sure but she did a demo and went into details about the product so that definitely makes me think it could be close to it, and the companies might even prefer it being in another video cause of the backlash that happens when they do a full on sponsored vid.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

What the hell did you told her that she'd "publish" that kind of information?

prettylittegossiper
Talker
Talker

Post by prettylittegossiper »

^i'd like to know that too :D i'm assuming you pretended to be a sponsor interested in working with her?
just pretend the l is there.

SparklyMuffinUnicorn
Talker
Talker

Post by SparklyMuffinUnicorn »

I think the agent was trolling. She probably realized it wasn't a real "customer" and just made something up or whatever

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

A mod can easily see the IP address of the two users.

So give us more details. Did you create an email that includes your "products" name or use your personal email? What exactly did you say that her manager told you the rate?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to get rates. Any small company that wanted their products featured in a video would probably reach out to an agent requesting additional information, including how much they would charge. It's really no different than when I e-mailed a sports agent asking how much his athletes would charge for a public appearance at our charity event.

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

an0n wrote:
sillypeanut wrote:So hypothetically speaking... Do you guys think when Ingrid went more in depth talking about the Travalo (Sweater Weather tag) that they paid 18K? She didn't devote an entire video to Travalo but did talk about the product a lot. Didn't she even make up her own tag question so she could purposely mention the Travalo?
I obviously don't know for sure but she did a demo and went into details about the product so that definitely makes me think it could be close to it, and the companies might even prefer it being in another video cause of the backlash that happens when they do a full on sponsored vid.
The problem with that is several other youtubers also talked about it as much as she did, and even if they paid $10k to do that and maybe 5k for the youtubers with less followers they would've paid a minimum of $30k and they certainly would not have got $30k worth of sales from it.

milodreams
Lurker
Lurker

Post by milodreams »

As part of my job, I do research on brand - blogger collaborations. I collect information about rates by emailing either the media personalities themselves or their agencies. I emailed Lisa from a PR email address asking for a rate sheet for several popular BigFrame personalities. Their bigger "stars" make 18k per video, but rates start at $500/per video for smaller personalities.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

Are rates based off subscriber amount or average view per video? There is usually a huge difference between the two.

ITitGirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ITitGirl »

sillypeanut wrote:So, I gotta ask, did you also start this thread under Fleur's forum? http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 81#p598681

You both created new accounts at around the same time today and the topics are quite similar ;)
I admit this thought crossed my mind as well.

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

an0n wrote:I can believe 18k, especially for it being the focus of the video not just like mentioned. Also if you really think about it it makes sense for smaller companies cause they create hype and awareness in their demographic, and don't have to make, produce, and then buy airtime for regular commercials or even print ads which would be super expensive.

also ^ 5 figures? you probably mean 6 and she absolutely makes over 200k a year probably even over 300.
the article said 5 figures per month. I was blown away when i saw that. Also, I REALLY underestimated how much she made. I was thinking at least 350k from youtube... maybe another 50k from sponsorships, but this BLOWS MY MIND.

why did i go to college? haha

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I think every guru who's promoted the travalo has done it in a favorites video or a tag video, so I think they're only required to talk about for 5 minutes. They all pretty much say the same thing about it word for word and do a demonstration.

PrincessBorghese
Talker
Talker

Post by PrincessBorghese »

So, not only do have the poster in this thread saying they know how much Ingrid gets for sponsored videos and a poster on Fleur's thread saying they know how much she made last month...there is also a poster in the EleventhGorgeous thread saying they KNOW that Tracy and Stef will be on TV next year in some type of reality show.

THREE posters in one day suddenly saying they have all this insider information? Something STINKS.

Post by Guest »

astyle wrote:1 sponsored/promoted vid= $18,000 more or less. damn. why am i still going to college?! lol..

well, didn't that one article someone linked recently say she made about 5 figures...? and that's not including her side project/s- MMO and idk what else?
Because an education is going to take you places and she is eventually going to stall and have to find something else to do.

At least that's what I keep telling myself and I have a damn masters degree (and the debt to match, grr).

milodreams
Lurker
Lurker

Post by milodreams »

PrincessBorghese wrote:So, not only do have the poster in this thread saying they know how much Ingrid gets for sponsored videos and a poster on Fleur's thread saying they know how much she made last month...there is also a poster in the EleventhGorgeous thread saying they KNOW that Tracy and Stef will be on TV next year in some type of reality show.

THREE posters in one day suddenly saying they have all this insider information? Something STINKS.

Can we get a mod to confirm that we all from different locations/IPs? Well, I guess I only speak for myself - no idea about the other 2 posters. Not really sure what anyone would have to gain by making this stuff up. I provided screenshots from my gmail account as proof, not sure what else I can do.

Also, I have NO idea what her total income is or her Adsense revenue or anything like that, just how much her agency charges for a sponsored vid.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

is she even allowed to disclose what ingrid charges? isn't there some sort of confidentiality thing so maybe I'm just wrong...

milodreams
Lurker
Lurker

Post by milodreams »

byebyebye1 wrote:is she even allowed to disclose what ingrid charges? isn't there some sort of confidentiality thing so maybe I'm just wrong...
Yes, of course she is allowed to disclose. Sponsors are billed by BigFrame who then disburse the money to Ingrid. At least, that's how I guess it would work. I told her agent that I was potentially interested in working with them and asked what rate they would charge. How would they ever get clients if they couldn't disclose how much they charge? lol

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”