The Vent Thread Part 4

bznz
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Vent Thread Part 4

Post by bznz »

So yesterday I did a test that was the most important test of my life since it will determine if I will be able to go to university. This year Sweden broke a "record", 80 000 people did the test instead of the usual 50-60 000. Fun fun fun.

Here's the thing. I managed to finally get the results I wanted (1.6 out of 2.0) all thanks to me working my ass off going through two math courses in just 3 months all on my own. I was so happy that I cried until I realized that because of the high participant number, the result may vary. My results will vary from 1.55 to 1.65 depending on how other people did on the test. With my usual luck (non-existing) I will get a 1.55 and that means no university for me. And now I have to wait four week to get the final results and I think I'm dying, I want to go to school so bad please just let me motherfuckinggod. Shit shit shit.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

The movie Noah pissed me off. How hard is it to stick to the story?? Everyone knows the story of Noah, how can you mess it up?

Screwing up movies based on books in general pisses me off. Like the Hunger Games or Beautiful Creatures where they write off characters that are important in later books :x

Skogs
Informer
Informer

Post by Skogs »

bznz wrote:So yesterday I did a test that was the most important test of my life since it will determine if I will be able to go to university. This year Sweden broke a "record", 80 000 people did the test instead of the usual 50-60 000. Fun fun fun.

Here's the thing. I managed to finally get the results I wanted (1.6 out of 2.0) all thanks to me working my ass off going through two math courses in just 3 months all on my own. I was so happy that I cried until I realized that because of the high participant number, the result may vary. My results will vary from 1.55 to 1.65 depending on how other people did on the test. With my usual luck (non-existing) I will get a 1.55 and that means no university for me. And now I have to wait four week to get the final results and I think I'm dying, I want to go to school so bad please just let me motherfuckinggod. Shit shit shit.
Jävlar. I wish I could score that high on Högskoleprovet! Crossing my fingers you'll get the higher score. That shit with "We can only allow so and so many people to get higher scores" are BS.

I haven't even finished Math on a highschool level. I speak 4 languages, but I can't fucking do algebra. I'm forever afraid of Högskoleprovet >_>

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Mallory wrote:The movie Noah pissed me off. How hard is it to stick to the story?? Everyone knows the story of Noah, how can you mess it up?

Screwing up movies based on books in general pisses me off. Like the Hunger Games or Beautiful Creatures where they write off characters that are important in later books :x
My mom went to go see it last night and said the very same thing. she gave it a 2.0/5 just because of russell's acting. She hates that they didn't follow the scripture. At least in the old days bible stories were told as is. Nowadays Hollywood needs to make everything their own which is disrespectful to history.

FoodandFashion
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodandFashion »

If you slam the door ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, I am going to kick your ass.

You're almost fucking 50 years old, you neanderthal. Just because I still live in the apartment doesn't mean your lazy ass can throw a mini bitch fit once you find out I'm in my room.

I cannot wait to get a freaking job and get the fuck out of here. You're the fucking reason I don't get along with everyone; twisting shit and trying to make me look like the bad guy.

But you know what keeps me going? The fact that I do shit for other people. I'm not manipulative, nor am I selfish. You NEVER do anything for anyone unless you get something out of it.

Oh, btw, hurt or speak down to my mother again and I swear to everyone, I will feed you to a wolf. You dumbass.

She
Learner
Learner

Post by She »

Ugh, whenever I drink coke for dinner I can't fall asleep until 2:00 in the morning. So annoying!

AND CAN I HAVE A BOYFRIEND ALREADY OR IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?¿? Bye.

KatherinePierce
Debater
Debater

Post by KatherinePierce »

Prom is coming up. Can we not?!

I'm getting pressure by my family to go dress shopping and going to prom. I. Don't. Want. To. Call me bitter, but I don't want to see couples everywhere, tag along with my other group of friends who dgaf about me or what I'm doing, see two people who I have feelings for with their ~perfect~ girlfriends, and countless other things.

I don't know what to do. I've tried telling them I don't want to go but they do that whole "you'll regret it" spiel. :fit:
I used to be bitemytonguex.

alltimelow
Learner
Learner

Post by alltimelow »

bitemytonguex wrote:Prom is coming up. Can we not?!

I'm getting pressure by my family to go dress shopping and going to prom. I. Don't. Want. To. Call me bitter, but I don't want to see couples everywhere, tag along with my other group of friends who dgaf about me or what I'm doing, see two people who I have feelings for with their ~perfect~ girlfriends, and countless other things.

I don't know what to do. I've tried telling them I don't want to go but they do that whole "you'll regret it" spiel. :fit:
I'm mainly going to prom because it's an excuse to dress up.... If I'm honest here. I don't think it's that important of an experience like everyone says it is.

I seriously don't want to see the person I have feelings for with his girlfriend either. Ugh. It doesn't help that she's my neighbor. I don't feel like listening to shitty music for however long the dance is.

KatherinePierce
Debater
Debater

alltimelow wrote:

I'm mainly going to prom because it's an excuse to dress up.... If I'm honest here. I don't think it's that important of an experience like everyone says it is.

I seriously don't want to see the person I have feelings for with his girlfriend either. Ugh. It doesn't help that she's my neighbor. I don't feel like listening to shitty music for however long the dance is.
I honestly don't mind dressing up, myself, so I guess that is something to look forward to. Have you gotten your dress yet? I have no idea what type of dress or color, I want. I'm thinking purple or light blue.

Ick! Whenever I've gone to homecoming, everyone around me is like "omg I love this song!!!" and I'm like.....wtf is this song? I'm not "mainstream" music hater by any means, but.....

All Time Low!!! I love them too!! Sorry. just had to say it, lmao. :tu:

Also, oh god. That really sucks! One of the guys girlfriends gives me dirty looks ALL THE TIME, so it will make it that much more....fun...

Boys. :?

alltimelow
Learner
Learner

Post by alltimelow »

bitemytonguex wrote:
alltimelow wrote:

I honestly don't mind dressing up, myself, so I guess that is something to look forward to. Have you gotten your dress yet? I have no idea what type of dress or color, I want. I'm thinking purple or light blue.

Ick! Whenever I've gone to homecoming, everyone around me is like "omg I love this song!!!" and I'm like.....wtf is this song? I'm not "mainstream" music hater by any means, but.....

All Time Low!!! I love them too!! Sorry. just had to say it, lmao. :tu:

Also, oh god. That really sucks! One of the guys girlfriends gives me dirty looks ALL THE TIME, so it will make it that much more....fun...

Boys. :?
I have gotten my dress! It's royal blue and one shoulder. It has some jewel detailing on the strap and bust. It wasn't what I was originally looking for but it looked good on me.

That's actually me. Haha. The only mainstream stuff I know is what comes on the radio, but I won't know the names. All Time Low is my absolute favorite band (if you can't tell by my username.

High school relationships seem overrated and maybe I'm just saying that because I'm slightly bitter. Oh well.

KatherinePierce
Debater
Debater

That sounds really pretty! I like one shoulder dresses. I do like strapless but they can be such a pain. For my sister's wedding, two years ago, I had to keep pulling it up the whole damn day. It got old fast. So, I hope to not go down that route, unless of course I find one worth the annoyance. :P

I only know a few. Most of which, is just from people I'm subscribed to on YouTube. Other than that, I know nothing! Oh well.

They're my top my favorite too! Along with The Killers. :) They should play some of them at prom, maybe it will make it worth going to? Haha.

They seriously are. People breathe too much into them. Everyone is so immature and it ends up severely hurting the relationship. This girl on my Fb, who's in my grade, and her boyfriend are so on again-off again, that it really makes me sick. I know relationships can be worth fighting for, but this guy obviously doesn't care enough about it anymore to keep doing the same bs over and over.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

tamithomas wrote:
Mallory wrote:The movie Noah pissed me off. How hard is it to stick to the story?? Everyone knows the story of Noah, how can you mess it up?

My mom went to go see it last night and said the very same thing. she gave it a 2.0/5 just because of russell's acting. She hates that they didn't follow the scripture. At least in the old days bible stories were told as is. Nowadays Hollywood needs to make everything their own which is disrespectful to history.
Okay, the story of Noah is not "history" though, it is a myth like any other. It's not unreasonable for them to have taken some creative liberties, they have to make a two hour film out of a relatively short story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bznz
Debater
Debater

Post by bznz »

Skogs wrote:
bznz wrote:So yesterday I did a test that was the most important test of my life since it will determine if I will be able to go to university. This year Sweden broke a "record", 80 000 people did the test instead of the usual 50-60 000. Fun fun fun.

Jävlar. I wish I could score that high on Högskoleprovet! Crossing my fingers you'll get the higher score. That shit with "We can only allow so and so many people to get higher scores" are BS.

I haven't even finished Math on a highschool level. I speak 4 languages, but I can't fucking do algebra. I'm forever afraid of Högskoleprovet >_>
Svensk? :) Tack så mycket. För mig var 1.6 bara en fantasisiffra förut, första gången jag skrev fick jag 1.1 så jag har höjt mig rejält den här gången(mitt fjärde högskoleprov). Jag förstår inte heller riktigt varför de måste ändra normeringstabellerna hela tiden, att man ska förlora på att det var många duktiga som skrev och vinna på att det var många dåliga. Så dumt.

Jag förstår dig, matte är ett jävla helvete. Språk är fyrahundra gånger roligare och betydligt mer givande och användbart.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

People seriously need to calm down on this site. Everyone comes here to get away from all the stupid minions on Youtube that will attack you for your opinion, but once you state an opinion different from everyone else's on here, you get attacked as well. Everyone should grow up and learn that you don't always have to get defensive when someone has a different opinion other than yours.

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

I got a bad, illogical cold. We had some pretty cold days here during the winter. Not the majority, but it was freezing for about a week and everybody got sick for like two weeks. I was perfectly fine. Now the weather outside is warm and I feel like sh*t. And I haven't even done anything to catch a cold. The most charming elements are that my head hurts and I've been sniffing and blowing my nose so much for the last couple of days that it starts bleeding. I had a presentation today. Thank the fairies I didn't cough in everyone's faces or bleed all over the place.

Skogs
Informer
Informer

Post by Skogs »

Electronics! Why doesn't anything ever work? Is it just me, or does everything we invent progressively get less and less durable and just break from nothing at all? Phones smash from falling of the nighttable, as opposed to the old NOKIA phones you could practically throw under a tractor without harming them. TVs die after a couple of years, but when I was a kid in the 90's, I remember my old childhood tv I inherited from my grandmother's dad. It worked until I was a teenager and my dad used it too when he was a kid! And this goddamned computer...I swear, HP laptops are the shittiest piece of electronics I'ver ever laid hands on. Frail motherboards, bad airflow and they are just the slowest. I have my old monitor from 2000 here somewhere, and I swear, if I bust it out, it'll work flawlessly.

Everything just breaks all the damn time. And I HATE when things don't work.
bznz wrote:
Skogs wrote:

Svensk? :) Tack så mycket. För mig var 1.6 bara en fantasisiffra förut, första gången jag skrev fick jag 1.1 så jag har höjt mig rejält den här gången(mitt fjärde högskoleprov). Jag förstår inte heller riktigt varför de måste ändra normeringstabellerna hela tiden, att man ska förlora på att det var många duktiga som skrev och vinna på att det var många dåliga. Så dumt.

Jag förstår dig, matte är ett jävla helvete. Språk är fyrahundra gånger roligare och betydligt mer givande och användbart.
Yup. Men jag är danskfödd och har bara bott här sedan 2006, så jag skulle bli glad även om jag fick 1.1 ^^ Men gratulerar, hur som helst kan du vara jävligt stolt.

Min sambo fick VG i gymnasiet, när han ägentligen skulle ha fått MVG. Hur fick han veta? Jo, läraren satte sig ner efteråt med honom och förklarade "Jo, såhär är det, vi kunde bara ge ut si och så många MVG i år, så vi valde att ge dig VG." Dafuq? Vilket skitsystem. Ja ja, men han är andra styrman nu, så man kan visst lugnt säga att det gick honom bra iaf :D

Återigen, lycka till.

Post by Guest »

Alex Salmond is behaving like a teenager who wants to move out of their parents' house, but doesn't want all of the responsibility which comes with it. How can anyone be so passionately for independence when there are few things clearly set about it. I feel like everything is a matter of "this may happen; that may not happen", which is embarrassing considering how close the vote is. Tbh, I am biased because of my hatred for salmond's smugness and his stupid face, but I still think this is a complete joke atm. Maybe they should wait a little longer, sort everything out, and then come back. Maybe then I might respect this idea. You can't just skim over the little details. It seems to me that a lot of the people who are so pro-independence are only so because of some immature "rivalry" with England. They seem to be using this as a way to stab at England.

Maybe more devolution would be alright, but how the fuck does Salmond and co. think Scotland will be able to stay such a free country (money-wise, e.g. no uni fees) on its own?

I'm not very patriotic. I don't primarily identify as "British". However, I do quite like being "with" England.

(I know this is such a random vent, but I've been avoiding saying this for so long to anyone in RL because I cba with a debate.)

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

RIP to the streak on WWE. :(

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I used to like my math professor, but now I just resent her for how she handles grading. Our homework is 20% of the grade, and it's on a shitty website that has bugs. We get an average of 80 questions per week and unless you cheat ( which everyone is ) it takes 2-3 hours to finish 40 questions on top of dealing with bugs. And when you do come to her and ask her about the bugs, she basically tells you to fuck off like it's your fault.

No one is doing well. Even the smarter kids are getting shitty grades and everyone resorted to cheating to keep their homework grade up. It's just impossible.

Also the quizzes are cumulative, and she dredges up problems that she taught 100 years ago. With me, I'm focused on learning what's new. And the icing on the cake is that she doesn't keep track of our average grades. She gives you this complicated formula to figure out a "rough estimate" of what your grade is. She's not a bad teacher, but her system is horrible. She really loves mathematics but I think she forgets that she's teaching it to people who generally hate it.

I'm praying to god i pass because this credit is standing in the way of being able to leave my junior college early. I won't mind re-taking it, but I wish i could at least properly monitor how the fuck I'm doing.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

lila19 wrote:
tamithomas wrote:

Okay, the story of Noah is not "history" though, it is a myth like any other. It's not unreasonable for them to have taken some creative liberties, they have to make a two hour film out of a relatively short story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a myth. It IS history.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”