Temptalia's STANs

Jenmarie

Re: Temptalia's STANs

Post by Jenmarie »

Trying to figure out how using the end of a make up brush is "sanitary"?

lbee
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lbee »

barcodegirl wrote:
lbee wrote:OMG, yes, that Blue Raccoon is on my list. She is a major buttinski who jumps in anytime someone criticizes Christine or questions her grading scale.

I think 18thCenturyFox's comments were part of the "what makeup application techniques don't you like" post. A lot of people started commenting on how they hated the look of blonde hair with tan skin, and then others of them started going off on how they didn't like blonde hair period and thought dark hair with pale skin was way sexier. I was kind of irritated at the anti-blondeness, just because I've gotten blonde jokes my whole life, was called "albino" as a kid because my hair was so light, and I've seen plenty of articles in women's magazine relaying the "good news" to dark-haired ladies that most men find dark-haired women more attractive and see blondes as bimbos. I mean, cool, of course you can think that dark hair with pale skin or dark hair with dark skin or any hair-skin-eye combo is sexy, but I don't think finding one configuration attractive means you have to think another is ugly or undesirable. And 18thCenturySTAN seemed to imply that people who favor blonde hair seem to really be itching to criticize non-blondes for being non-blonde, which I found particularly stupid. Usually I wouldn't have minded so much except that on the heels of that discussion came the "Culture of Negativity" ridiculousness. Could all those STANS be more blatantly hypocritical?

I seem to have gone on a bit of a tangent, but my point is that not only is 18thCentury crazy, she's kind of a bitch. She really angrily criticized some women's aesthetic choices and then jumped on the whole "we're all okay no one should ever say anything critical of anyone" bandwagon.
omg, are you me? I hated having blonde hair as a kid and teenager. Especially because I really can be air-headed a lot of the time, so people really laid the blonde jokes on thick.

And Fox's comment really comes of as a string on nonsense and anger. She (or he, I guess I don't know) says that people shouldn't say anything bad about black hair, but then goes on to say that ALL tans are basically ugly. What a huge freaking hypocrite. Oh, and by their logic, I'm one too, because I enjoy how I look with both blonde and black hair.

Whoa, sorry for pulling a Wendastan/low self-esteem Christine up there, but this really got to me too, because these people say they don't support "the culture of negativity" when in fact they're contributing to it.
I know, right? I don't mind having blonde hair - I just wish people would let me be! I think dark hair and pale skin looks lovely, as does dark hair and dark skin - so just don't hate on my particular color. Again, I don't really take it that personally or invest too much into people disliking blondes, but these STANS are such giant hypocrites. If they're going to cry over someone calling girls out on their poorly-applied makeup, they should "bite their tongues," in 18thCentury parlance, about somebody's ill-advised tan or poorly-bleached hair. [/rant]

Eew, WendaSTANS methods sound way more unsanitary than just sticking your fingers in. I think the only time I used potted lip balms are when I'm home, so it's easy enough to just wash my hands before I use them. I think that's a lot better than sticking my freakin' tweezers or old crusty makeup brushes into my lip balm.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

I really don't see how applying a balm or tube balm directly to your lips repeatedly during the day is any more sanitary than using your fingers. At least you wash your hands during the day.

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

Am I the only one who finds this description for that Bobbi Brown Blush kind of odd?
A shimmery coral that's more sheen than shimmer, not too frosty, but not perfectly matte either. It wears well, blends easily, and has great pigmentation!
The blush is called Coral Shimmer! What is your point?

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

Oops, I didn't realize that I didn't post that in the Temptalia thread. My apologies to all of the STANS.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

Dear WendaSTAN,

TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS.

Stop it.

Thanks, jenmarie

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

I'm digging these open letters.

Dear Christine,

If a blush is called Coral Shimmer, there is a high chance that it might be a corally-shimmer. Thx.

Love, Trashboat.

KayeBaye

Post by KayeBaye »

Dear Temptalia,

I see no difference between the MAC Office Hours blushes and the Estee Lauder Coral Shimmer Blush. They look exactly alike in your cheeks.

You also looked a tad better when you were wearing the sheerer, softer MAC Office Hours Blushes.

The circus called, they arent hiring right now. So try and look like a human being, will ya?

Kthxbai.

KB

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

Where are all my STANS at????????? I posted as A.F Ganistan to her EL blush review. She approved and replied. It amused me. :lol:

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

Jenmarie wrote:Where are all my STANS at????????? I posted as A.F Ganistan to her EL blush review. She approved and replied. It amused me. :lol:
I think Rachel might be somebody from the site, but IDK. All I really know is that your latest STAN creation has me in stitches.

What's next? Ka Zakh Stan? Uzbek Istan?

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

What's next? Ka Zakh Stan? Uzbek Istan?
OMG YES! Someone please do it! Maybe ConSTAN Tinople, lol. I didn't think she would approve my comment because I had tried before using that name to leave a comment for 18thCenturyNutjob in reply to her insane comment about the decline of MAC. Just saying she was overthinking it a bit. It never showed up. I think now it just didn't go through because of how I was posting, not Christine.

I was thinking the same thing about Rachel, because of he NARS comment which is something often mentioned here. What's funny is that Christine used Rachel's name in her replies to her, but she wouldn't use A.F. when she replied to me. :lol:

feynman
Talker
Talker

Post by feynman »

I was coming here to post that wendaSTAN has a lot of photos of her goats on the Temptalia Pets Flickr group but then I saw this:

lol aw my gosh, poor Mellan, the look on his face. Before anybody thinks I'm hating on anything, I just thought it was funny.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Poor Mellan, hahaha. He's like 'Why's my stupid Mom gotta dress me up in these dumb costumes again? I try to be a good boy and this is the thanks I get?!'

He's such a cute dog <3

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

He's such a cutie! I am a crazy cat lady at heart, but I dig the goggies too.

Post by ....83 »

mellan looks like hes ready to tear her whole rancid bathroom stash apart. and i cant blame him. hes the only one I like in that household.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Hahahahahahahaha imagine if Mellan destroyed her makeup collection? He would be my hero.

'This is what you get for taking pictures of me with toys on my head, Mom!'

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

He looks like he's seriously considering it in that picture.

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

I'm going to try to look for some good comments from KafkaSTAN or BelongsInAn18thCenturyMentalHospital. There hasn't been any gold for a few days. :(

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

BelongsInAn18thCenturyMentalHospital
LOL

feynman
Talker
Talker

Post by feynman »

For some reason the STANs have calmed down lately and that makes me so sad. If I'm bored enough, I go to a random post and see if there are any lulz-worthy comments from them. Usually it's long bouts of rambling but then, then there are gems like this that make it all worth it. :')

From the NARS Afghan Red Lipstick review:

Kafka, it's adding words like "ravishing" and saying that you'd "love to see a photo of her in it" that makes us ship Christine/Kafka and then curl up into a ball crying for doing so.

Return to “Temptalia”