TheNotSoOrdinaryWife

slytherin
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheNotSoOrdinaryWife

Post by slytherin »

She also cut a ton off the celery! I was like you threw away HALK of the celery stalk, what a waste.

slytherin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by slytherin »

MUCH better!

ciara1991
Learner
Learner

Post by ciara1991 »

slytherin wrote:Image

MUCH better!
Long time lurker on this board, first time poster. It makes me laugh how so many YouTubers are all 'haters gonna hate' and yet they do stuff like this. How long was it between someone posting here about that picture and it being changed?

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

Look, HorganizedJen! Jamie took your advice!!! :D

That only took about 7 hours. :?

I do admit that the dress Jamie wore looks good on her. She needs to stop dressing like a tomboy because with her haircut now, she CANNOT pull it off. She looks SO much better in skirts, dresses, and cute tops. I just hope this fall/winter, she doesn't resort back to those pre-2000s fugly hoodies from Aero. :? \

& Jamie, I know you read here. Here a couple dresses that I think you'd look lovely in. They're from F21 so they're obviously affordable.
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Produc ... &VariantID
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Produc ... VariantID= (I own this one! Love it with a pair of wedges for a casual lunch date!)

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Produc ... VariantID= (WEAR a strapless bra with this one. Nobody wants to see your beige bra straps!)

You have so much potential but you waste it by wearing frumpy clothes that make you look like an emo boy or a 12 year old. :? <3 <3

Crumb Manager
Debater
Debater

Post by Crumb Manager »

She would look cute in those dresses! :tu:

BusyLittleBee
Learner
Learner

Post by BusyLittleBee »

It looks like she took GG advice again. Check out her latest outfit on Instagram.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^Its sad that she makes it so obvious she still reads here. She looks good though in the dress. Kind if an odd choice for grocery shopping in my opinion though. The haircut still isn't flattering.

Theother99%
Informer
Informer

Post by Theother99% »

She's like a puppet.

I would have so much respect for her if she just was herself instead of trying to please everyone. It's annoying that she has no backbone. Sure, they're are some really good suggestions here but I'd be damned if I was to take every suggestion on a gossip board to heart. She must be a very sad person on the inside because of this. Maybe she needs to step away from youtube and figure out who she is. She puts all those quotes on IG that she's unique and about being herself but her actions are the exact opposite.

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

Oh my god, Jamie. YES. Thank you for learning to dress for the way you are versus like a 12 year old emo boy. :?

But I've always believed that Jamie is the epitome of ordinary. She is so boring! No wonder she has no friends... This is a woman who has zero work experience, no desire to make friends, no people skills, can't keep a conversation going to save her life and adapts to whatever she's told.

I would hate to be friends with her, she's one of those girls that would copy your outfit/mannerism/etc. just because she hangs out with you. Then change it up when she's hanging out with someone else.

Jamie, you need to take a step back off of Youtube and focus on yourself. Stop posting dumb instagram quotes trying to prove to your "haters" that you're content and happy. It's obvious under the horrible haircut and vomit-inducing outfits, you are extremely insecure.

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

**Sorry for the double post! <3

I ran across this when I googled Colby's full name and it seems like he's pretty into World News/Politics/Current events. I mean, he wrote a formal letter about internet spying to the government.

Like I said before, what DO the both of them talk about over dinner? Colby seems like a pretty smart guy; he keeps up to date with the news and what's happening in the world. Jamie, on the other hand, seems to only care about butchering craft projects, shopping (aka hoarding), and half-assing everything. Jamie never mentions ANYTHING about current events and it doesn't seem like she cares for it, either. Even Jen Ross addressed the Boston Bombing & Newtown Elementary Shooting.

I personally find it distasteful that her channel is all ME ME ME ME.
This is ME cooking for my husband.
This is MY apartment.
This is what I got for ME at the mall.
Look at what IIIIIII got at the Dollar Tree.

This is a "college" educated woman who doesn't care to turn on the news every once in awhile.. :?

LazyEyedSusan
Informer
Informer

Post by LazyEyedSusan »

HoardganizedJen wrote:She actually looks pretty cute in that blue dress. I'm surprised! Also, I'm certain that she chose that image for her thumbnail because one of the posters here said she looked gorgeous in it.
Ha, that was me. The angle, lighting, and eye makeup make her look incredible. I think she has the potential to look a lot better than she does. She has a nice body - small and thin, but still curvy with large breasts - and should be showing it off, rather than swimming in over-sized hoodies and lumberjack button-ups.

At the same time, some girls just aren't into makeup and dresses and "girly girl" things and there's nothing wrong with that. If she wants to be a tomboy, she should be a tomboy. Don't change who you are just because a handful of people here told you to.

I think it's one thing to take the criticism into consideration and use it to make improvements, but to turn around and change every single thing that is mentioned here is... crazy. I can't imagine letting random internet strangers mold me and my life. What really gets me is that every single time she does it, everyone here laughs and makes fun of her, yet she turns around and does it again.

Crumb Manager
Debater
Debater

Post by Crumb Manager »

This is where I feel really sad for her. She's made fun of for x,y, & z. She's offered suggestions for improvement. THEN she is bashed for making said improvements. Poor confused thing can't win. I feel bad that she obviously still reads here & I feel even sadder for her that she feels the need to listen to the suggestions here. Just DO YOU & OWN IT.

She rocked that dress & I would love to see her wear cute dresses like that more often. :tu:

I know Jen is a f*cking nutjob, but at least she "does her". I wish Jamie would just "do her" and be herself!! It seems like she doesn't really know what that is yet & she's testing out different hats to try & figure that out.

muttcake
Informer
Informer

Post by muttcake »

Jamie is trying to single white female GG. o_O

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

balletslippers wrote: Homegirl is going to chop off one of her stubby sausage links with her unsteady cutting board. LAY a dish towel under the cutting board to prevent slipping. For someone who's a "homemaker", she really ignores the basics of cooking. :?
She bought new cutting boards lol

[youtube][/youtube]

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

There Jamie goes again with "only shopping at Walmart because it's convenient " :?

Those mats are shitty. Jamie, go to WilliamsSonoma.com or Sur La Table and get yourself REAL cutting boards. I really HATE how she skimps/cuts corner on EVERYTHING. I understand being thrifty and not spending a lot, but there are some things that are worth INVESTING in.

I just moved in with my fiance and we recently went kitchen-supplies shopping. One thing we did NOT mind paying extra $$$ for were cutting boards! We got a nice set that we've used everyday since we got it... I had an old Williams Sonoma cutting board that I've had for 5+ years and I spent $50 on it. Way better than Jamie buying those $1 plastic mats and having to re-buy every year. :?

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products ... 21175413-2

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

A few things I've noticed...

-Her monthly grocery shopping budget is $500 for only 2 people??? She went overbudget by shopping at Aldi's and Walmart??? :? I have a 2 person household also and we don't go over $300 which brings me to my second point:

-I noticed they use up A LOT of what they buy weekly like the sour cream, the orange juice, etc. Who consumes that much of one thing in one week? Unless you're eating it everyday (which I don't think it's healthy at all regarding the sour cream) or if you just used it the one day (which is even worse) how do they go through what they buy so quickly?

-My final observation is that she must not be planning her meals very well if she's buying the same things over and over again and still going overbudget.

Jamie, I know you read here so my advice to you is to try and work your meals around whatever is in season in your area so it's cheaper instead of just grabbing whatever you want.

This might help:

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters. ... -in-season

Also, use coupons!!!

http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx

housewife

Post by housewife »

she always says her budget includes cat food and shampoo and that sort of stuff. Why? I think most people who keep a budget or actually know or care what they spend on groceries do not include those things. I would be curious how much she actually spends on food. Considering she cut half the strawberry off and half of the celery I'm guessing she could work with a $300 budget if she actually used her food properly.

LazyHousewife

Post by LazyHousewife »

I can't imagine eating that much sour cream or orange juice. It usually takes us a few weeks to finish a carton of orange juice. Also my husband bought some sour cream a few weeks ago I think we had a total of 2 tablespoons. As for pet food I never include it in our food budget. On average I spend about $50-$100 on pet food alone in a month. We feed our pets natural or holistic food. My cats and dog actually got chunky on grocery store food. I don't think Jamie is actually good at budgeting like she claims to be.

LazyHousewife

Post by LazyHousewife »

xyz wrote:see that is the thing with both her and katrina they spend way too much on groceries a month. (katrina SAYS she spends $300-$350 but goes over EVERY week) Their probs are DEF a combo of shitty eating and shitty meal planning/prepping. they should NOT be going over $300 a month if they were doing things properly & that would include 3 meals a day. IA idk how she has to rebuy a lot of the stuff she does every week. haha about juice..i for one dont buy it bc its not "healthy" and i KNOW that if i did i could easily suck it down in a couple days myself! I also dont buy a lot of "condiment" type things like the sour cream bc there is a lot of junk in there..but i imagine i couldnt go thru a whole tub in one week..if i did i would have to be eating it on everything.
Yup, I hear you. I just started buying orange this summer. If I wanted to I could finish it all in one week. Normally I only drink water, unsweetened black, herbal or green iced tea. Jamie kind of reminds me of my ex friend who was a gamer. She eventually quit her good paying job to be able to stay home and play games all day long. She would play on her desktop, tablet, phone and on her game console. She mentioned gaming in her vlog. I bet she's a gamer. My friends boyfriend now husband was also a huge gamer. I don't know my friend also dressed like Jamie.
Last edited by LazyHousewife on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

The only reason their budgets should be a bit high would be due to a meat shopping trip at Sam's and if they ate meat a couple times a week, which they both don't. My budget isn't even that high for two people and I do a meat shopping trip at Sam's every month as well. Also, with Jamie consistently buying the same stuff every week, she should consider buying in bulk at Sam's as it would end up saving Colby money.

Jamie doesn't strike me as a gamer. She may be one of those play a game here and there but definitely not. Colby probably is and she tried to jump on the bandwagon.

Return to “Jamie's Simple Life”