Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles

Montana
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles

Post by Montana »

fruitloaf wrote:Helen's recent vlog has made me see her in a different light. I found it really unfair when she kept filming other Youtuber's particularly Lily Melrose who clearly looked very uncomfortable and did not want to be filmed. Then she proceeded to film her in very unflattering angles and zooming in on her face.

I just think that as friendly and cool she comes across, she seems to be one of those people who have a dark side to their personality and would be petty, bitchy, self-righteous, calculated and nit-picky to make you look bad. I got the vibe that she probably does not like Leanne Lim-Walker (who I find to be really nice and relatable) for some reason. In Leanne's vlog she was just filming her surroundings and briefly showed the Red Hare team. When Leanne pointed the camera at Helen saying 'hello' she had the dirtiest look of disgust on her face and she turned round to Zoe London rolling her eyes as if to say why is Leanne here. I found that incredibly rude. I can only think it's probably out of jealousy towards Leanne or they don't get along very well. However, she pretty much showed herself up in that Vlog and her actions were in poor taste. She was acting like those cocky loud lads in social gatherings, who attention seek and disrespect people just to score brownie points.
Where did this happen in Leanne's blog? I watched her Beautycon Vlog but couldn't see Helen

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Post by Satellites »

Helen's recent rant about how people who work should not have pets just really proves how ignorant she is, and how unaware she is that she is in a very luxurious position to be able to work from home. It's so clear that these people live in bubbles, very separated from the real world.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

Montana wrote:
fruitloaf wrote:Helen's recent vlog has made me see her in a different light. I found it really unfair when she kept filming other Youtuber's particularly Lily Melrose who clearly looked very uncomfortable and did not want to be filmed. Then she proceeded to film her in very unflattering angles and zooming in on her face.

I just think that as friendly and cool she comes across, she seems to be one of those people who have a dark side to their personality and would be petty, bitchy, self-righteous, calculated and nit-picky to make you look bad. I got the vibe that she probably does not like Leanne Lim-Walker (who I find to be really nice and relatable) for some reason. In Leanne's vlog she was just filming her surroundings and briefly showed the Red Hare team. When Leanne pointed the camera at Helen saying 'hello' she had the dirtiest look of disgust on her face and she turned round to Zoe London rolling her eyes as if to say why is Leanne here. I found that incredibly rude. I can only think it's probably out of jealousy towards Leanne or they don't get along very well. However, she pretty much showed herself up in that Vlog and her actions were in poor taste. She was acting like those cocky loud lads in social gatherings, who attention seek and disrespect people just to score brownie points.
Where did this happen in Leanne's blog? I watched her Beautycon Vlog but couldn't see Helen
It's Leanne's Vlogmas 2 at 7:46 onwards.

uncle bulgaria
Talker
Talker

Post by uncle bulgaria »

I'm wondering how quick muscle boy will be out of the door if Helen can't make a living anymore with Youtube?

postcards from
Learner
Learner

Post by postcards from »

Satellites wrote:Helen's recent rant about how people who work should not have pets just really proves how ignorant she is, and how unaware she is that she is in a very luxurious position to be able to work from home. It's so clear that these people live in bubbles, very separated from the real world.
I didn't even get how they could go on that rant, like Matthew was the one spewing it and up until very recently he had a job where he had to be out of the house working all day? How could he have already forgotten??? They have such lazyass brains, they can't even muster up critical thinking skills for anything outside of their own immediate experiences.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I agree that her comment on that topic was ignorant and that she has no concept of reality. These YouTuber's bubbles will soon burst, only for them to be given a rude awakening on what living life without the 'freebies' actually entails. Helen acts so entitled and bratty over silly comments on her videos and general things that does not even warrant a dramatic response. She's just becoming tedious, calculated, arrogant and irritating.

I honestly don't think that she's as genuine as she likes her viewers to think she is. She does seem to have quite a jealous streak and loves to seek attention by being overly loud and annoying. I used to root for her and enjoyed watching her videos but I don't really watch them anymore.

There are smaller channels who work hard and put in a lot of effort, while maintaining a full-time job yet they don't complain as much as these self-absorbed, vapid and obnoxious bigger Youtuber's do on a daily basis.

uncle bulgaria
Talker
Talker

Post by uncle bulgaria »

The thing with Helen is that she never had a good concept on what to post once she became a full-time Youtuber. Other people (if you like them, or not) like Michelle Phan or Graveyard Girl or Zooey are trying to expand and start businesses or write books. Helen does neither of that. Not that people would care but she can't really think that this will go on forever. If I was her, I would try to work in the field I went to college for and use my Youtube vids as some kind of résumé. Her hauls are boring af. The stuff she endorses, like Shampoos or Conditioners are never heard of again. So, who's to believe that she really uses them.
i stopped watching her vids because they're just too boring.

uncle bulgaria
Talker
Talker

Post by uncle bulgaria »

The thing with Helen is that she never had a good concept on what to post once she became a full-time Youtuber. Other people (if you like them, or not) like Michelle Phan or Graveyard Girl or Zooey are trying to expand and start businesses or write books. Helen does neither of that. Not that people would care but she can't really think that this will go on forever. If I was her, I would try to work in the field I went to college for and use my Youtube vids as some kind of résumé. Her hauls are boring af. The stuff she endorses, like Shampoos or Conditioners are never heard of again. So, who's to believe that she really uses them.
i stopped watching her vids because they're just too boring.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I agree, I think that Helen is one of those people who are like 'A jack of all trades but a master of none'. She doesn't really focus or commit to anything niche that really sets her apart from other content creator's. She's in a band and everything, but it seems sporadic and it looks more of a passionate hobbie than a fruitful career. She probably just got comfortable churning out the same content plus daily Vlogging.

The videos that she posts on her main channel are not particularly unique. Almost every other Youtuber does ASOS and Topshop hauls so there's no variety and it's all a rehash and repeat of the same content. Once you've seen one, you have seen them all. People will eventually grow tired from these type of videos and will move on.

I think she studied film/moving images? I can see her putting her degree skills to good use. I also think that she has become very complacent and doing anything else other than hauls would probably be too much effort for her, even though she said that she does those type of videos because, they tend to get higher views.

postcards from
Learner
Learner

Post by postcards from »

Was there comment drama in the vlog with the dog toy app or something? It's deleted now...

takenkraken
Learner
Learner

Post by takenkraken »

I think she's kind of stuck, idk, she seems like she doesn't really know where to go with her main channel. I hope she figures it out soon.

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Post by Satellites »

postcards from wrote:Was there comment drama in the vlog with the dog toy app or something? It's deleted now...
Oops meant to quote and thanked instead lol. I wouldn't have called it drama, unless she'd been deleting comments as well. There was just comments calling her out on their comments about people who work owning pets/what the app is actually for (lol they seem to think people used it to play with their dog when they're with the dog)/their stupidity.
Also there were lots of comments about how she should have put a seizure warning in for the part with the tree, at least in the description bar. Helen even replied to one, saying "sorry I'll do it next time" or something.... but didn't actually edit the description bar. Which would have been a simple thing to do to show she did care about her adoring subscribers saying they have trouble with seizures and sped up flashing christmas lights can be an issue.

isabella02
Learner
Learner

Post by isabella02 »

All the wallpaper in her house gives me a headache...

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

She makes me feel sick especially in her recent Vlog. Food all over you're mouth... Yeah, so funny hilarious. NOT.

Why doesn't she edit those gross parts out? She just looks so unkempt, messy and very unhygienic all the time. She picks her nose often and just seems to lack awareness and self-care *Shudder*.

The wallpaper. She's visually creative and has a lot of original unique decor ideas, but I agree that it's too distracting. It's her house and she has free will to do whatever she wants, but the wallpaper's completely clash together.

spaceoddity
Stalker
Stalker

Post by spaceoddity »

isabella02 wrote:All the wallpaper in her house gives me a headache...
They're almost as loud and obnoxious as she is. Almost.

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

Ahhhhrrr! They're just horrible. I don't want to see your nasty little arguments. Dump the loser and move on. :(

platinumrose
Debater
Debater

Post by platinumrose »

WitchPlease wrote:

Ahhhhrrr! They're just horrible. I don't want to see your nasty little arguments. Dump the loser and move on. :(
Lol at people commenting on how 'real' she is just because she farted on camera

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

^

Very lady-like.

:roll:

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

And the next day's vlog too. Every effing vlog they're arguing.

Maff says she has the mind of a 4yr old. Says she's obsessed with food, and would swap her dog for food. Laughs at her. Argues about the movie (she probably paid for his ticket - what an ungrateful dickhead). :x

I don't really mind Helen, I like her personality to an extent, I think she works hard - she does produce a lot of videos regularly. I wish she believed in herself more (although I wonder if insecurity causes her to work harder). But OMG I hate Maff. She deserves someone better, someone who will support her emotionally instead of tearing her down all the time.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I think that she's very in denial, about her relationship and knows that she get's put down and bullied by him very often. It's embarrassing and cringeworthy, that she documents this and never edits those parts out even after a couple of years being with him. Before I was under the impression that the reason why she left those footages in, was probably to expose him as a bully. So that in future if anything happens and they happen to separate, some people in the comments section who thought he was a horrible bully were proven right. If that makes sense and she had a good reason for her actions because the evidence was documented on camera. However, in hindsight she comes across as dim with no backbone.

I watch some other couples Vlogs occasionally and it's never that intense to the point of bullying. There is the slight name-calling sometimes and teasing, but nothing malicious and hurtful. If their relationship was worse and they fought often, they simply would not put it on camera for the world to witness because, of the critique they would receive.

The people commenting on Helen's Vlogs saying 'relationship goals' are incredibly naive and brainwashed because, being emotionally manipulated, bullied and patronised daily on camera is NOT goals and is also NOT funny. She seems very co-dependant and insecure, to me she lacks self-respect and confidence. I do think that she could better herself and be happier, but her fiancé tries to stagnate her aspirations in many aspects. For example, she has free-will to eat as she pleases and whenever she wants to and it's clear that him berating her for eating too much is causing her insecurities to worsen. I honestly can't fathom how some women put up with this behaviour, to actually live and buy a house with somebody who doesn't allow you to grow as a person and be content in life. It's very baffling to me, but maybe it's because I just don't take any BS from anybody. Helen always picks the wrong negative men who do not treat her respectfully. In Vlogs it seems as though she contributes towards everything and is giving, yet she's the one who suffers being brought down for her kindness.

On a higher note, her friend Josie seems really nice and down-to-earth.

Return to “Helen Anderson”