makeupTIA/thatisall

mookieloo
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

makeupTIA/thatisall

Post by mookieloo »

This girl is what, under 25? Why does she look/dress like she's in her late 30s?

iamspringtime
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: makeupTIA/thatisall

Post by iamspringtime »

Ashley is 26 if I'm not mistaken. I personally find her extremely refreshing. I think she's mature (in a good way) and intelligent. I wish a lot more women her age (i.e. Nikki Phillipi) would act like grown adults. For a 26 year old woman who has a real career (outside YouTube) and is going places in life, I think she's looks and dresses perfect for her age.

She's one of the few "gurus" who doesn't drive me absolutely bonkers. ;)

That said, I can definitely see how she may come across as being older than she is compared to other YouTubers who act like they're teenagers in order to appeal to a younger audience.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

iamspringtime wrote:Ashley is 26 if I'm not mistaken. I personally find her extremely refreshing. I think she's mature (in a good way) and intelligent. I wish a lot more women her age (i.e. Nikki Phillipi) would act like grown adults. For a 26 year old woman who has a real career (outside YouTube) and is going places in life, I think she's looks and dresses perfect for her age.

She's one of the few "gurus" who doesn't drive me absolutely bonkers. ;)

That said, I can definitely see how she may come across as being older than she is compared to other YouTubers who act like they're teenagers in order to appeal to a younger audience.
Oh, hi Ashley!

iamspringtime
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by iamspringtime »

LOL, definitely not Ashley. I just genuinely enjoy her maturity. While a lot of her style isn't of my taste (she wears a lot of things that are a little too "quirky" for my preference--like a lot of the Bando accessories she wears), I just honestly don't think she looks or dresses like 'someone in her late 30s.' If someone in her late 30s dressed like Ashley I'd probably think they would need to get a reality check and dress their age. Half of what Ashley wears is from Francesca's Collection and BP (the junior department of Nordstrom). Do you seriously think those stores epitomize the style of a 30 something?

I'm really curious to know how old you are if you think looks/dresses 35+ when she's only 26. ;)

I think she dresses like a professional 26 year-old woman should dress. Just my opinion.

Would you rather her dress like a slob like Nikki Phillipi or like a preteen like Ingrid?

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

I don't like her at all. There is something about her videos that feel more like an informercial than an actual YT video. They are cold and lack personality. I agree with the original poster. She does act and dress rather old for her age. I thought she was well into her 30's or maybe nearing 40 and was surprised to find out she is something like 23 or 25. I don't want her acting childish either, but she needs to loosen up. I think she is boring and so are her reviews. Just no personality whatsoever.

KathyWhite10
Learner
Learner

Post by KathyWhite10 »

I actually enjoy watching her! Something about they way she photographs products makes me feel calm and happy, as weird as that may sound lol!

scriptedlines
Lurker
Lurker

Post by scriptedlines »

I like her videos because they are informative and through but there is a certain quality to her on camera manner that doesn't translate well. I would have guessed she was older than her actual age as well. I feel as though she would do a lot better in a blog format rather than video.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

Okay, she's definitely growing on me. I wish she would loosen up, though. She seems so stiff. I'd also live to see her with sideswept bangs instead of blunt like she's styling them now.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

Even though she's been on YT for years, she STILl hasn't loosened up. In fact, I went back to watch some of her earlier videos the other day, and she was wayyyy more endearing and approachable in those than she is now. What's with that? Plus, now she's with an agency (Pushpin), and I wonder how much they dictate concerning her videos.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

I wonder if she's reading here. In her latest haul video, it seems like she's loosened up a little. HOWEVER, she's using dodgy language, like saying she "received" items, but not outright saying that the companies sent them to her for free or even paid her to review them. Also, when lots of gurus talk about Sephora hauls at the same time, I can only conclude that they all received free gift cards from someone with instructions to buy something to review. Yeccchhh. Don't be shady.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I've been subscribed to this girl for a while now, I liked her videos before but always found them just a little dull. Lately though I feel like she's really upped her game- her editing has improved a lot, and she incorporates viewer requests and fresh content to her channel. She is slowly becoming my favorite YouTube at the moment!

Return to “makeupTIA/thatisall”