Post by smiley »

Wow, Part 4 already? lol!

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Xiaxue Part 4

Post by foxoxoxo »

Well the last thread filled up pretty quickly with that whose race is more likely to get those certain facial features :P
Makoto Tachibana gives me a reason to get up in the morning Image

Polarbear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Polarbear »

i think in this abhorred blogger section, XX's thread is the most famous and in the trash guru's section, michelle phan's is the most famous. LOL!

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

^ True. LOL! Even though both ladies have different careers, they have something in common. Can we say hypocrites? And the level of fame and success they've achieved still boggles my mind. Image
foxoxoxo wrote:Well the last thread filled up pretty quickly with that whose race is more likely to get those certain facial features :P
Yes, that was quite entertaining. :D

HMM888
Learner
Learner

Post by HMM888 »

^ it wasn't even an argument, I said myself that it doesn't make sense. Geez, calm down. And no, I don't only mean Americans, it applies to Europeans as well. Germans are very unhealthy, too. Statistic claim that about 50% of adult Germans are overweight.

HMM888 wrote:Yes flat foreheads and nose humps do happen to every race, but certain facial features happen more often in some races than it does in others. What is your point? Again genetics and its correlations with race do influence your facial features and bone structure, however no one can realistically say that such statements will cover every single person of that race every single time-- that is impossible obviously-- but that doesn't mean such statements can't reasonably apply to a majority or minority.

Yeah, I agree with that actually. Certain features happen more in certain races. Just like small appearing eyes happen more often to Asians than to others. I guess it's because of a lot of skin around the eye and, compared to any other race, a low nose. Or just like dark skin happens more to Black people than others.
That's why those most common features are associated with the races. and obviously there are going to be exceptions but these most common features are going to be the typical racial traits.
You say angular faces and whatnot occur more in Caucasians but at the same time you say

HMM888 wrote:The features that Asian's have plastic surgery to get are NOT Caucasian because they do not occur in Caucasians any more often than they do in any other other race

Umm, eye creases definitely occur more in the Caucasian or Black race or any other race more often than in the Asian race. Higher noses, too.

I think you're missing the point of my two previous posts, which was someone mentioning that Asians are getting surgery to look Caucasian, which is an ethnocentric and incorrect way of thinking.

Smaller eyes do occur more often in Asians and creases do occur more often in non Asians but larger eyes and creases occur about half (if not more, not sure about the statistics on these) in Asians as well.

So we've established that Asian can have both small and large eyes, crease and no crease right and different combos of both right? And that these traits are not exclusive to Non asians aka Caucasians?

So why would getting eyelid surgery to make their eyes larger and to get a crease put in make an Asian person somehow less Asian and more Caucasian if they're just recreating traits found naturally in half the population?

I naturally have large eyes and a crease.. does that make me less Asian and more Caucasian because I don't fit your narrow view of what an Asian is supposed to look like? Why would someone who achieved these same features through plastic surgery be considered "trying to white" or caucasian, maybe they're just trying to look like other asians who have large eyes?

What about my gorgeous friend with the large eyes and high nose? If she was all natural would you be able to say she was less Asian? Oh but if she had gotten plastic surgery then you could say that she was trying to be Caucasian?

The same argument could be said for noses..
I'm going to repeat this again, all of Asia does not have one particular eye size, or even eye shape (certain traits like a mongolian fold yes but not one distinctive overall shape), or nose shape (I am not including India in this mix, I am talking about Eastern asia- China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, ETC ETC. Dont' forget Asia is a region that holds 60% of the world population) The features that Asian's have plastic surgery to get are NOT Caucasian because they do not occur in Caucasians any more often than they do in any other other race, they are just "ideal" features dictated by years of evolution and are features that are found in "beautiful" people of every race.

As for this, I can definitely see why this passage is unclear - but please let me clarify.

When I used the term "features" I meant generalized features aka ideal features in terms of size shape and proportion (the golden ratio), I was not referring to features attached to any particular racial trait (eye shape, nose shape, crease or no crease etc).

Take a look at this chart, made from averaging the faces of women of each country together, they all retain their distinctive racial characteristics like eye and nose shape however they are all conventionally beautiful. Why? because they appeal to the biological ideals shared by all human beings in terms of proportion and placement. In the same instance I would say that women who get surgery, of any country, are doing it to emulate the image of the "averaged" or ideal face for their particular country.

http://www.goldennumber.net/beauty/

It's offensive to say that Asians are getting plastic surgery in order to look Caucasian because it implies that the beauty ideals ("features" however you want to word it) that they try to achieve are exclusive to Caucasians when they're obviously not.

(because we all have small eyes and flat noses right? And no Asian can naturally be beautiful in the conventional sense so anyone doesn't look like the stereotype, regardless of how their looks come about, must be trying to Caucasian right?) (/sarcasm)

By that same logic, if Caucasian traits are so much superior that even all of Asia (I'm talking 60% of the earth's population here) is upholding it as the standard for beauty or ideal wouldn't studies show a disproportionately high number of Asian countries with high percentages for surgery and a low number of Caucasian countries (If its so ideal there's nothing to fix right?)

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/niptuck-na ... d=16205231

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morn ... l?page=all

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 48404.html

Gee what a shock. It looks like the top countries for plastic surgery are distributed evenly between Caucasians and Asians...It's almost like no one country fits the ideals for beauty perfectly (/sarcasm)

My point is that every race has certain features that occur predominately which do not fit into that universal ideal, this is reflected by the huge range of differences in popular plastic surgery procedures for individual regions, but it's conceited and narrow minded to think that one race embodies superior beauty ideals that everyone else aspires to.

HMM888
Learner
Learner

Post by HMM888 »

Hi, apologies to everyone else, I know I derailed the thread- it's just an issue that was really bothering me and I really wanted to make myself heard.

BACK TO MAKING FUN OF XX.

I used to love her, but she has completely lost that element of realness that made her human, relatable and fun. Now she's this glossy mannequin who thinks she's perfect and untouchable, basically completely unrelatable and superficial.

Post by Guest »

let's not compare michin to xx, nothing would make her happier than to be compared to her.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

I'm surprised Wendy is even friends with Michelle. She says she hates people who lie about having surgery (Dawn Yang can attest to that lol), yet she whiteknights Michelle?

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Sarai wrote:I'm surprised Wendy is even friends with Michelle. She says she hates people who lie about having surgery (Dawn Yang can attest to that lol), yet she whiteknights Michelle?
It's because Michelle gave her a huge US following, which probably died now since she doesn't upload anything aside from dash
So she can't afford to lose Michelle and those "precious" followers

bottle111
Learner
Learner

Post by bottle111 »

@HMM888 I think we have to agree to disagree because I still believe that a Caucasian nose is more desired in Asia, you can see in that picture that you posted that on average the Asian ladies have wider alars. I don't think Asians want to be white by changing one feature, I just think that in the Asian media there's a white bias because they only show white supermodels or exceptionally good looking white people and make that a desired image. (I don't think many Asians know how not-so-good-looking white people can be) I know that many Asians only like certain things about Caucasians but prefer their own features when it comes to being petite for instance, which happens more to Asian girls than white girls. I think that's why Eurasians are so popular, they (well some) have the advantages of white and Asian people.
So yeah, every race has certain unique beautiful features but also less nice features. White people are not superior, absolutely not and I don't want anyone to think I feel this way, I just said it comes off from looking at the Asian media and how many white models they hire (and even pay for them to come to Asia) when there are more than enough good looking Asian girls there. It annoys me, too. I have a feel in Singapore it's really bad.

Back to Xiaxue. Yes she says she hates liars and whatnot but uses Michelle Phan to get blog hits/fans. I noticed that Xiaxue even follows Dakota Rose and that girls is much worse than Dawn Yang and literally everything about her is fake. But she's a "kawaii" white girl so Xiaxue probably worships her and hopes to get her attention some day. (Why does XX even follow her, she can't read Japanese??)

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Omg can someone explain the whole Dakota Rose thing? Like I used to follow her on tumblr and then unfollowed her because all of anon hate she got was annoying me and so was she, but there was this whole thing of her saying she didn't photoshop herself and she was naturally like that wasn't true and someone posted this gif of her from a makeup tutorial she did and her selcas and she has a pretty wide fully face and isn't as cute as she made herself out to be.

I'm surprised XX follows her too, I thought she wasn't into the Japanese fashion culture?

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

Yeah, if you go to Pretty Ugly Little Liar forum, they have a whole section for Dakota. She edits like everything and lies about it. I remember Cheesie posted that she saw her and she looks nothing like her pictures lol

Guess Wendy is just a big ol' hypocrite. Why didn't Dawn go through with suing her??

Polarbear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Polarbear »

but dakota gets scouted by the japanese agency right? she is a model in japan right now and tsubasa took her as the model for one of her cosmetics. she even has a youtube channel speaking non stop in japanese. lol maybe she has finally get a bit work done to her face to eventually look like how she photoshop her pics? hehe!

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Once again, Xiaxue puts up a video on her IG of Dash at the Baby Spa. She keeps explaining why the neck ring is safe. Personally, I've never witnessed babies (where I'm from) use neck float rings for swimming. However, I have seen other flotation devices used such as baby float seats, vests, armbands, etc. I'm curious. Do parents use these baby neck rings in your neck of the woods?
Baby spa day!!! Despite his stoic face, Dash actually enjoys swimming a lot! (The float is safe for babies and doesn't strangle them, there is a latch at the back that you can slip their neck in via. Sigh I keep having to repeat this.)

bottle111
Learner
Learner

Post by bottle111 »

Polarbear wrote:but dakota gets scouted by the japanese agency right? she is a model in japan right now and tsubasa took her as the model for one of her cosmetics. she even has a youtube channel speaking non stop in japanese. lol maybe she has finally get a bit work done to her face to eventually look like how she photoshop her pics? hehe!
they scouted her without actually seeing her in person. big mistake. as far as I know she got a nose job done but it's impossible to achieve that look she photoshops herself into. Look at her eyes

(left one is obviously edited and the picture on the right is from a shoot for the famous fashion brand 'Milk')

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Again XX has to be on the defense for everything that doesn't receive hate, she just automatically makes up the stories of her haters in her head and just comes up with reasons to "prove them wrong"

Wow she looks so ordinary compared to her ps pics, just like a little known blogger we know kekekekeke

Polarbear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Polarbear »

honestly, the whole "kawaii" japanese style looks good on dakota. i saw a lot of models like her in vivi magazine. i mean most of vivi models look caucasian or half anyway. lena, reina (my fave from vivi as she is too cute) and the rest.

however, i prefer models from ray magazine. dakota looks way better in the pic on the right i think.

this whole trying to be kawaii gyaru style doesn't suit XX. not to say she is too "old" for it or whatever.. just doesn't suit her i think. I mean, i believe a style doesn't look good on everyone.. i, for one, can't pull off gyaru style even if i am just a teenager right now.. which i am not. so, yeah.. and i wonder what type of style will look better on XX.

liak
Learner
Learner

Post by liak »

Sarai wrote:I'm surprised Wendy is even friends with Michelle. She says she hates people who lie about having surgery (Dawn Yang can attest to that lol), yet she whiteknights Michelle?
and Cheesie...

In her video about plastic surgery part 2 she said:
I personally do not approve of lying about your surgery because i feel that if you lie about something then you perpetually have to keep, you know, feeling guilty and lying to people and people know you are sort of lying when its so fucking obvious. They really think a lot less of you and suddenly everything you say become less credible so I dont feel that is a worthy consequence
But at the same time she refuses to acknowledge, when "its so fucking obvious" that her friends had surgery.

I personally think that she doesn't say anything about MP, because she has a much bigger following than her , so she chooses to continue the fake friendship... xx is kinda of a coward, i think. Only attacks people with her "oh so sincere style of blogging" when its someone weaker than her.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

^ Oh, without a doubt, Xiaxue's a coward. It always amazes me that there aren't more people who see through her bs. She's not keeping it real. If she's real, then she's as real as Michelle's chin. Essentially, Xiaxue's an ass kisser. She's using Michelle as the means for her own gain. Besides, I can only imagine the potential backlash if she said something against MP.

Return to “Xiaxue”