Leggings as pants?

charlavail
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Leggings as pants?

Post by charlavail »

How do you guys feel about wearing leggings as actual pants? Shannon/shaaanxo does it a lot. While I hate a slight love/hate relationship with her, I kind of like her style sometimes, and it doesn't look bad. I dunno, maybe I'm just super tacky. Leggings are super comfortable. If they are opaque, and you don't have a panty line, then why not?

I mean, I try my hardest to find tops that cover my bum, but if they don't, I kind of don't care. Plus, I feel like some of them are actually slimming? Since they don't really add extra bulk.

Re: Leggings as pants?

Post by Guest »

I will wear them as pants as long as my bum is covered. There are many ways to tastefully wear leggings.

My rules:
Not sheer
No camel toe

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

I wear them whenever and however I want. They look nice and are comfortable. It doesn't really matter to me if you can see someones underwear or not. If it bothers someone then why are you even looking? No one is holding your face to a persons ass (that wasn't directed at OP, just people who have a problem with them as pants in general).

itsnikki
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by itsnikki »

I do, and I'm a big lady. ;) I do cover my stuff though. LOL!! I think it's cute in the winter to wear them with a longer sweater... Or in the summer with a lightweight tunic. :)

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

I wear leggings as pants. But I wear a huge cardigan on top to cover my butt and wear a shirt that covers my crotch. Whenever I go shopping in NYC I always stop by Uniqlo. They sell the most comfortable leggings ever!! They put fake buttons to make it look like pants.

Edit to remove clickable link. tar
Last edited by tar on Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove clickable link

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner

Post by ChloeBelle »

This topic has been beaten to death. Yeah I wear them and I don't care what people think of it. There are much worse things that someone can wear.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

If they're slightly thin then I put on a longer shirt with it but those VS Pink yoga leggings are fucking genius and I wear those as pants with normal tops all the time. If someone has an issue with it then fuck them I don't give a shit. They don't have to look at me. (and my butt looks amazing in those anyway)
imma ball til the day i fall

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by VogueForBreakfast »

I think they are ok as long as you're wearing a top or jacket that covers your butt. I personally think they look better with boots as opposed to open toe shoes like sandals.

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

Honestly, I always wear leggings as pants, just cause of how comfortable they are. I don't mind it showing my butt, but always make sure it doesn't show my camel toe. Now that's more inappropriate than showing your ass in my opinion! So therefore I wear long shirts but higher them at the back just to make my ass look good cause it looks bad when a shirt is over it.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

^same! for some reason i feel like wearing long shirts that cover my butt feels too matronly

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

I wear leggings as pants all the time! Look at KimK, she's the queen of doing so - but, there is one rule to it and that is to wear a longer top so your bum is covered and please, no camel toe, that's just disgusting! As long as they're really opaque with an awesome top that covers all the lady bits ;P I say go for it. They can be dressed up or down, can you see I'm a big fan? :D
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Elenasnow
Learner
Learner

Post by Elenasnow »

I wear lululemon leggings, you don't get cameltoe wearing them :)

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

Elenasnow wrote:I wear lululemon leggings, you don't get cameltoe wearing them :)
Good for you

Elenasnow
Learner
Learner

Post by Elenasnow »

stylishpie_177 wrote:
Elenasnow wrote:I wear lululemon leggings, you don't get cameltoe wearing them :)
Good for you
Your comment was really unnecessary.

Post by Guest »

I love lululemon leggings, too. The diamond gusset really helps prevent camel toe. I like cheaper brands, too, but lulu is definitely my first love <3

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

^ are lululemon ones really expensive and if they are, would you guys say they're worth the price? I'm always on the hunt for amazing leggings seeing as I wear them practically 24/7 xD
imma ball til the day i fall

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

Angie V wrote:^ are lululemon ones really expensive and if they are, would you guys say they're worth the price? I'm always on the hunt for amazing leggings seeing as I wear them practically 24/7 xD
Try Uniqlo leggings. They are amazing! No cameltoe, stretchy, super comfy, ect.

Post by Guest »

Angie V wrote:^ are lululemon ones really expensive and if they are, would you guys say they're worth the price? I'm always on the hunt for amazing leggings seeing as I wear them practically 24/7 xD
In short, yes, I think they're worth it. They're thick and don't give me CT lol. I have a couple pairs that I wear solely for yoga, but there are a few that I wear casually. The Wunder Under Crops are the ones I wear casually. The price isn't pretty, but compared to other competitive brands (Victorias Secret, Athleta, Lorna Jane) the prices are on point. I only own 2 pairs of wunder under crops and they get a lot of use. My other favorite leggings from lulu is the Will Pants but I don't think they have any out right now. Also, spandex makes butts look amazing. Lol

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

I don't mind, as long as no underwear, underwear lines or cameltoe are showing. I wear them with oversized hoodies, large t-shirts and so on. Basically if my top covers my butt, then I feel comfortable wearing leggins as pants.

TheSkinny
Learner
Learner

Post by TheSkinny »

I'm not a huge fan of them but i can tolerate them if the crotch and bum are covered. I'm sorry but no one wants to see anyone's ass or CT regardless of how good it looks, I'm going to get hate for saying this but showing off your bum in a pair of leggings that highlight everything, looks kind of cheap IMO but to each their own, if your into them them great just make sure your lady bits are covered.

Return to “Fashion Discussion”