ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

Lol... the fatter she gets, the fatter her eyebrows get as well.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MakeupByDeanna »

She looks unbelievably pretty in the first picture, wow. I think longer and darker hair suited her much better. Her hair color now is just awful, in my opinion. I mean some people can pull it off, but not many.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider »

She looks amazing in the cotton ball vid. She should keep it this way.

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).

diance
Learner
Learner

Post by diance »

I honestly think that her hair color is fantastic and looks good on her. And while I do agree that she looks amazing in that first picture, her hair doesn't. It's the same ratty mess that you all bitch on and on about. Just a different color.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

My thoughts on the cottonball challenge video:
- Wow, you're really running out of ideas, aren't you?
- She looks like my grandmother's couch wrapped up in my grandmother's drapes. That outfit is hideous.

Magnolia
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnolia »

chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
"First luxury makeup item"... Rachel doesn't even know her own collection.
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
And yeah, YSL is definitely a luxury brand!

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

I can't even tell you how annoyed I was when she said "yA fuck you lisa eldridge for making me buy this quad"
typical rachel blaming people for her own actions

whiteoleander
Learner
Learner

Post by whiteoleander »

Magnolia wrote:
chance86 wrote:How can someone who claims to be a beauty guru not even realize that YSL is definitely a luxury brand (and for the record, leaps and bounds ahead of the newbie Marc Jacobs).
Besides YSL, she has a Chanel lipstick & eyelash curler. She also has a Givenchy quad, which I remember because she "blamed" Lisa Eldridge for making her buy it.
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MakeupByDeanna »

whiteoleander wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
I forgot about the givenchy quad! does she even use it? it hasn't been in any other video except that one and she never mentions it ever. what a waste of money.
Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?[/quote]

she talks about it around 8:40 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcm9ou0MKcI

MakeupByDeanna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MakeupByDeanna »

beautifulwordsxo wrote:Does anyone know which video it was where she mentioned the quad?
she talks about it around 8:40 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcm9ou0MKcI[/quote]

Thank you! :)

twatchel
Learner
Learner

Post by twatchel »

O.
M.
F.
G.

I never watched that Makeup Collection video. OMFG. at 9:20 -- when she shows her mascaras and how she uses them until they 'dry up' and apparently it's OK because it's a "myth" that using a liquid product on your EYES that collects germs and bacterias could give you pink eye, and it's OK because Rachel over here has never gotten pinkeye.
Okay. Barf.

I throw away my mascara every 3 months. Save money? She says she "saves money" -- saving money on that, on cleanliness and hygiene?!?!? UHHH and what does she do with all the products she owns? She owns an insane amount of makeup. I doubt she uses all of it. How is that saving money by risking your health?

Magnolia
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnolia »

I think it's fine to keep mascara for about 6 months, especially if you don't let anyone use it. My mascara shows the little container symbol with 6M on it, so I follow that over the 3 months "rule". But the fact that she had so many that she's "collected over the years" is really gross & unsafe.
Her collection is larger than mine, but she doesn't have a ridiculous amount much compared to Dulce & a bunch of other gurus.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

Magnolia wrote:I think it's fine to keep mascara for about 6 months, especially if you don't let anyone use it. My mascara shows the little container symbol with 6M on it, so I follow that over the 3 months "rule". But the fact that she had so many that she's "collected over the years" is really gross & unsafe.
Her collection is larger than mine, but she doesn't have a ridiculous amount much compared to Dulce & a bunch of other gurus.
Yeah and if you use mascara in a proper way (like not sticking it in and out really fast when you want more mascara on your wand) you can use it 6 months.

nightonthesun
Informer
Informer

Post by nightonthesun »

I got a sty (is that how you spell it?) once from using 7 months old mascara because I couldn't afford to buy another one. Basically, it hurt like hell and I learned my lesson. I think that is what is going to happen to Rachel, she'll keep using her gross mascaras until her eyes get infected. Then, she's going to blame her fans for not warning her about it because that's what she does!
P.S. I don't think I ever posted on this topic before so, Hi! :D
Heyy guyths! :toss:

poppythinks
Informer
Informer

Post by poppythinks »

Mascara lasts between 3 - 6 months as far I know. Since you're putting it near your eyes you need to be careful and throw it out early if it starts to smell. You can get stys and conjunctivitis from old mascara, neither are attractive or fun

whiteoleander
Learner
Learner

Post by whiteoleander »

lol rachel pretending she's liked one direction this whole time. and of course her "favorite" is harry. it's so completely obvious when she hops on a new bandwagon.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

whiteoleander wrote:lol rachel pretending she's liked one direction this whole time. and of course her "favorite" is harry. it's so completely obvious when she hops on a new bandwagon.
Remember when her and Chris made that "Chrachel Reacts" video to one of the One Direction music videos? And she was making fun of them the entire time?

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”