JudgementalJudy
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cheesie

Post by JudgementalJudy »

Seijun wrote:
ratatat wrote:wow - you can pretty much see 'the danna's face here! he looks pretty old to me.. Image
Well yeah on this very topic (I don't know on what page) some people revealed that her husband was Hamaguchi Daisuke (head of Number76)

The guy founded his other salon in 2001, when he was 26 (so he was born in 1974 or 1975); Cheesie was born in 1984 (don't care to check) so... They either have a 10 years gap (like Polarbear said) or almost.
If I didn't stumble upon this forum months ago I wouldn't have known her husband is the founder of number 76, she always post on instagram promoting it as if she is just a satisfied customer(or maybe sponsored) and really liked number 76.

And she is always posting on how amazing this skincare that skincare is, or this water filter that water filter, or this mifi that mifi as if they are not sponsored..... How many skincare can she actually use/really really like. And how often does she change the water filter in her house, she used to rave about sui and then 3m, in like less than a year.

june203
Learner
Learner

Post by june203 »

Honestly, I feel really bad. I have so little picture of Sakura compared to what I have of Junya. The wall of our KL home was full of printed pictures of Junya as a baby. Partly because she is having ultra sensitive skin and she almost never has smooth baby skin for a perfect baby selfie. Mostly because I shit also no time.
From her latest monthly update of Junya and Sakura. Didn't bother commenting on her blog, since she now moderates comments & not-all-positive-and-praising-her comments were often deleted. :roll: Some "mean" comments were published, so that her followers could probably jump out and defend her. (From what I observed)

Seriously? Not taking pictures of your baby cause she doesn't have "smooth baby skin for a perfect baby selfie"?? I mean, yes it might be understandable to not want to take pictures of your baby with her face full of rashes, but the way she phrased it just made her sound like some narcissistic bi***. And what's with her "perfect baby selfie" man? She slaps on tons of filter onto her selfies with her kids anyway.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

this is horrible.
I hope her daughter won't grow up with lots of insecurities she may plot into her poor head

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

she has permanently moved to Singapore, goodbye her Japanese dream lmao

Hyshpqpq
Learner
Learner

Post by Hyshpqpq »

Evil_robot wrote:she has permanently moved to Singapore, goodbye her Japanese dream lmao
I think she's contended as long as she has a Japanese husband whom she gets to fly back to Japan with hahaha

june203
Learner
Learner

Post by june203 »

Evil_robot wrote:she has permanently moved to Singapore, goodbye her Japanese dream lmao
She has? Where did she mention that? I doubt if she has ever given up on her Japanese dream lol. She calls Japan "home" :roll:

Post by Guest »

june203 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 am
She has? Where did she mention that? I doubt if she has ever given up on her Japanese dream lol. She calls Japan "home" :roll:
These threads on Asian bloggers are hitting me in the feels tonight lmao

I first found Cheesie in 2008/2009 and to see what she has evolved into all these years later is a damn shame. Over the years, she has quickly descended into an absolute obsession with Japan and everything Japanese. She’s become more than a fanatic with Japan and every part of her life has to be something Japanese related - such as how she cleans her home.

Admiring/respecting/loving another culture is totally fine and there’s nothing wrong with that...it’s just there’s nothing more to Cheesie’s identity anymore than being a Japanese culture fanatic and there hasn’t been for a long time.

I was a reader when she was with Takahiro, and even then, her obsession with Japan wasn’t nearly as bad as it is now. Seeing her stay holed up in her Singapore HDB and anxiously await her next trip to Japan, while she deeply ingrains in her kids Japanese culture, it’s scary to see. I understand her children are part Japanese but it’s like she tries to kill out their other ethnicities of what makes them up - she emphasizes them learning Japanese, picking up Japanese table manners, eating Japanese food, they have Japanese names and watch Japanese television, etc.

There’s no consideration that they are also part Chinese. There’s no consideration for them to go with the cultural norms of Singapore and/or Malaysia.

Her posts used to range but nowadays it’s all about Japanese products or her travels to Japan. Her frumpy style she currently sports is hideous but that’s a fashion style in Japan so it MUST be worn! 😐

Post by Guest »

june203 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 am

I first found Cheesie in 2008/2009 and to see what she has evolved into all these years later is a damn shame. Over the years, she has quickly descended into an absolute obsession with Japan and everything Japanese. She’s become more than a fanatic with Japan and every part of her life has to be something Japanese related - such as how she cleans her home.

Admiring/respecting/loving another culture is totally fine and there’s nothing wrong with that...it’s just there’s nothing more to Cheesie’s identity anymore than being a Japanese culture fanatic and there hasn’t been for a long time.

I was a reader when she was with Takahiro, and even then, her obsession with Japan wasn’t nearly as bad as it is now. Seeing her stay holed up in her Singapore HDB and anxiously await her next trip to Japan, while she deeply ingrains in her kids Japanese culture, it’s scary to see. I understand her children are part Japanese but it’s like she tries to kill out their other ethnicities of what makes them up - she emphasizes them learning Japanese, picking up Japanese table manners, eating Japanese food, they have Japanese names and watch Japanese television, etc.

There’s no consideration that they are also part Chinese. There’s no consideration for them to go with the cultural norms of Singapore and/or Malaysia.

Her posts used to range but nowadays it’s all about Japanese products or her travels to Japan. Her frumpy style she currently sports is hideous but that’s a fashion style in Japan so it MUST be worn! 😐

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

she said in her blog post a while ago being permanent in Sigapore now. I completely forgot about this thread.
idk why her husband can't get her Japanese residency as his wife.

Post by Guest »

Oh what the hell?? Why did it double post? Sorry I did not catch it. Could a mod kindly delete the replicated post please? 😊

@Evil_robot yea, it’s weird because she spends such a large chunk of time in Japan, why not move there and become a citizen?

kimoicheesie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kimoicheesie »

RichDesires wrote:
june203 wrote:

It’s so gross sometimes. And how she keeps saying she’s underage when she looks old. Also, I think her instagram followers are fake. Her recent posts has an increase of likes and views from bots/accounts that doesn’t even follow her. Maybe it’s to get more sponsorships so that she can go to Japan more?

kimoicheesie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kimoicheesie »

I think she started buying likes and views for her instagram posts. Probably because she wants more sponsorships to fund for her Japan and everything Japanese obsession. It’s gross to see her saying she’s underage somehow when she obviously look like she’s in her mid/late 30s.

Lindtlover
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lindtlover »

This thread is a bit dead but I wanted to know if anyone knew what's up with Cheesie's family? First she stopped mentioning her husband at all and recently she hasn't posted anything regarding her kids. I've read her blog on and off for close to 10 years and thought this forum may be the best way to get any info? Japan is cool and all but there are probably hundreds of other bloggers/vloggers that cover it exclusively. It was nice having a young family's perspective since I have a young family too!

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Lindtlover wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:28 pm
This thread is a bit dead but I wanted to know if anyone knew what's up with Cheesie's family? First she stopped mentioning her husband at all and recently she hasn't posted anything regarding her kids. I've read her blog on and off for close to 10 years and thought this forum may be the best way to get any info? Japan is cool and all but there are probably hundreds of other bloggers/vloggers that cover it exclusively. It was nice having a young family's perspective since I have a young family too!
Did you find out? I randomly decided to check out her IG after awhile .. dunno why Cheeserland popped in my head randomly during the day. Like you said all the posts are her alone. Wonder what happened.

lolllllll76
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lolllllll76 »

She chose Japan over her kids. I don’t think she even celebrated their birthdays with them because she was busy traveling around Japan. She chose to go to Japan in the beginning of the pandemic with her kids but I don’t think they are cared by her seeing how she is always out and about without them. I remember seeing her IGS 2 years ago on Junya’s birthday where she chose to miss his birthday to go to Japan and she said it’s worth it. I remember that vividly because as a mom, I was a little put off by it. Kids would definitely prefer the presence of their parents over presents. They are only small once and I can’t imagine not being able to watch my kids grow or be there for them when they need me. Maybe they are back in Malaysia under the care of their main caregiver, their grandma. It’s Japan over her kids and it’s clearly evident because she doesn’t need the money and I don’t think she gets paid transport wise and etc for doing all of the posts. She also said she got some backlash over traveling out and about during the state of emergency but I have to say, even if she tested herself before heading anywhere, she could get infected while on the go and pass it on to the people she meet. She doesn’t even wear her masks properly 😢. It’s no use promoting the places now because they could turn into a cluster from a visitor but she won’t get that. If she wants to help, she could just send money or buy their products.

Lindtlover
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lindtlover »

koalah wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:26 am
Lindtlover wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Did you find out? I randomly decided to check out her IG after awhile .. dunno why Cheeserland popped in my head randomly during the day. Like you said all the posts are her alone. Wonder what happened.
I just did a deep dive on her Instagram after she posted a video of her petting animals and I noticed she wasn’t wearing her wedding ring! It looks like she stopped wearing it around May/June of 2020. She didn’t stop posting pictures of her kids until like the beginning of this year, and had a IG deletion/hiatus for some weeks during July. I remember her posting a lot of stuff regarding her diet and how vegan food is processed garbage so she just eats meat and animal products. She seemed angry and ranted about corporations making vegan food… so maybe something happened around that time?

In any case I hope she’s all right mentally. The lockdowns sucked, she seemed like she divorced her husband, and now is living her dreams of traveling around Japan seemingly without a care. Honestly it kinda pisses me off because many many people around the world are still under lockdown, or limiting activities/travel because of Covid, yet she’s gallivanting around without masks, and literally traveling all over Japan. Wtf? Do we live in a alternate universe or something? With small kids not eligible for vaccinations, and Delta surging, this is the most frightening part of the pandemic. Yet she’s constantly traveling and meeting new people… Who tf is she advertising to? Nobody that values their lives or the lives of their families are traveling right now!!! 😑

Are her kids OK? Are they abandoned like her dog was? I feel so annoyed that I care, but it’s been a long time since I started reading her blog and I guess I’m a bit emotionally invested. Dumb me. 🥲

Lindtlover
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lindtlover »

lolllllll76 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:11 pm
She chose Japan over her kids. I don’t think she even celebrated their birthdays with them because she was busy traveling around Japan. She chose to go to Japan in the beginning of the pandemic with her kids but I don’t think they are cared by her seeing how she is always out and about without them. I remember seeing her IGS 2 years ago on Junya’s birthday where she chose to miss his birthday to go to Japan and she said it’s worth it. I remember that vividly because as a mom, I was a little put off by it. Kids would definitely prefer the presence of their parents over presents. They are only small once and I can’t imagine not being able to watch my kids grow or be there for them when they need me. Maybe they are back in Malaysia under the care of their main caregiver, their grandma. It’s Japan over her kids and it’s clearly evident because she doesn’t need the money and I don’t think she gets paid transport wise and etc for doing all of the posts. She also said she got some backlash over traveling out and about during the state of emergency but I have to say, even if she tested herself before heading anywhere, she could get infected while on the go and pass it on to the people she meet. She doesn’t even wear her masks properly 😢. It’s no use promoting the places now because they could turn into a cluster from a visitor but she won’t get that. If she wants to help, she could just send money or buy their products.
That is so sad… Poor Junya! Kids definitely would prefer their parents over any monetary gift or item. 😢 I wonder if she was burnt out? From what I’ve heard about Japanese culture, the woman usually bears the brunt of all the child-rearing and domestic work. With two kids, no helper (remember the thief saga? 🙄), and her working it’s got to have been rough.. but really it doesn’t excuse being an absentee parent.

I think she might have gotten divorced (see my post above) and maybe is working so that she can stay in Japan on a working visa? That really is the only reason I can think of for her working so hard and not taking care of her kids. Divorcing in JP is rough, shared custody isn’t a thing there and the foreign spouse gets kicked out of JP if they don’t change their visa to something else. It’s all speculation until she writes a post about what’s happening. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Here’s to hoping!

chcknwng
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by chcknwng »

Lindtlover wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:43 pm
koalah wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:26 am

I just did a deep dive on her Instagram after she posted a video of her petting animals and I noticed she wasn’t wearing her wedding ring! It looks like she stopped wearing it around May/June of 2020. She didn’t stop posting pictures of her kids until like the beginning of this year, and had a IG deletion/hiatus for some weeks during July. I remember her posting a lot of stuff regarding her diet and how vegan food is processed garbage so she just eats meat and animal products. She seemed angry and ranted about corporations making vegan food… so maybe something happened around that time?

In any case I hope she’s all right mentally. The lockdowns sucked, she seemed like she divorced her husband, and now is living her dreams of traveling around Japan seemingly without a care. Honestly it kinda pisses me off because many many people around the world are still under lockdown, or limiting activities/travel because of Covid, yet she’s gallivanting around without masks, and literally traveling all over Japan. Wtf? Do we live in a alternate universe or something? With small kids not eligible for vaccinations, and Delta surging, this is the most frightening part of the pandemic. Yet she’s constantly traveling and meeting new people… Who tf is she advertising to? Nobody that values their lives or the lives of their families are traveling right now!!! 😑

Are her kids OK? Are they abandoned like her dog was? I feel so annoyed that I care, but it’s been a long time since I started reading her blog and I guess I’m a bit emotionally invested. Dumb me. 🥲
I low key suspect she has become an anti vaxxer. She replied to an anti vaxxer ranting about the covid vaccine under her rainbow kimono post and complained about censorship wtf. Not to mention her recent obsession about chemicals and processed food. I'm thinking her ex husband may have custody of the kids (which would be much safer for them with her irresponsible travelling).

Honestly, with her enormous love of Japan I thought she would be more responsible than to travel across the country when they are in a state of emergency right now??? Japan's hospitals can't keep up with all the cases and she's out there potentially becoming a super spreader.

Lindtlover
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lindtlover »

chcknwng wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:15 pm

I low key suspect she has become an anti vaxxer. She replied to an anti vaxxer ranting about the covid vaccine under her rainbow kimono post and complained about censorship wtf. Not to mention her recent obsession about chemicals and processed food. I'm thinking her ex husband may have custody of the kids (which would be much safer for them with her irresponsible travelling).

Honestly, with her enormous love of Japan I thought she would be more responsible than to travel across the country when they are in a state of emergency right now??? Japan's hospitals can't keep up with all the cases and she's out there potentially becoming a super spreader.
For real. With “wa” being a thing in Japan, I’m surprised she isn’t pro vaccine. Japan has been having a breakneck pace for covid vaccinations! It’s incredible, yet you don’t see that on her posts of JP worship 🤔 I really hope she isn’t a super spreader, that would be devastating!! She’s hanging out with like super old rural farmers and stuff, they really aren’t going to have a good time if they catch it 😢

Did you see her most recent stories with the unpopular opinion slides?? 👀 She kinda sounds like an antivaxxer. Having opinions is totally fine, but when you think you know better than science though? And your “opinions” lead to potentially hurting others??Big yikes 😬 don’t eat raw beef!! 🤢 Humans literally evolved to eat cooked food because it makes it easier for us to digest!!

She seems comfy in her echo chamber. Which makes sense because if you believed in science then you would probably be more open to people challenging your beliefs, as they would likely be based on evidence rather than ~feelings~ and internet misinformation campaigns. Did you see her making fun of guided meditation? Meditation =/= therapy. We could all use some therapy after two years of this crazy pandemic.

I’m just disappointed and sad at this point. Hope her kids are alright, they don’t deserve to suffer for the selfish choices of the adults responsible for bringing them into this world 😞

chcknwng
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by chcknwng »

Honestly she just sounds kinda deranged especially when she's ranting about censorship and stuff. Idk who she thinks is out to "get her" and her small (compared to other influencers) instagram account.

I feel like the "unpopular opinion" stories was just to get a sense of how many of her followers are anti vaxxers/ conspiracy theorists too so she can judge how far she can go when sharing her insane theories. Completely irresponsible when you see how many homophobic and dangerous "opinions" got shared

The sad thing is that she could be doing so much to actually help japan right now. Volunteering at hospitals/ NGOs, helping the elderly register for vaccines, or just STAYING AT HOME would do so much.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”