Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed

Post by it'sariana »

an0n wrote:
it'sariana wrote:
an0n wrote:Do we think his middle name is Trey or are they just using it as a nickname. I know my dad is a 3rd and he goes by his middle name and was always meant to and he's always seen it as a constant mild annoyance, can't imagine what always going by a totally unrelated (on quick glance) nickname will be like.

At least it is a real name though.
It's definitely a nickname. The babys official name is Phillip * DeFrancini III. I'm assuming the Trey is coming from tres, which means three in Spanish.

*Not sure if little phil has a middle name.
Trey (well actually tre but you get the idea) is 3 in Italian to bring it once again to his roots. But I still think he's going to be explaining that his whole life but I get why they did it.
Oh, I totally didn't even think about the Italian side of things -- thanks for correcting me. And I wouldn't say you're off base gr4pefruits. I knew a douchebag named Trey, which is why the name is kinda ruined for me.

sfg

Post by sfg »

he's SO cute! he doesn't even have that weird alien-esque look that a lot of newborns have. that kid is just straight up adorable. good for Phil and Lindz, evidently they make awesome babies!

on the topic of Ross, though, he's always seemed a little condescending, hasn't he? i genuinely like the guy as a host, but he always seemed like he was talking down to the audience. but obviously none of these people leaving SF are going to straight up say 'i got fired, i left on bad terms, it's terrible, Phil's an asshole, etc'. i do think that Ross's departure from SF was because of being taken off of hosting. that's literally the only thing that makes sense, because instead of saying 'oh, i'm moving on to exciting things!' like Elliott or Meg, he's reviving the same old stuff he was doing on his personal channel before becoming an on-screen personality on SF.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

What a cutie! He look like a big guy for a newborn.
I'm so happy for them, I know how excited they are

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

*dies of cute overload*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xJuniperx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by xJuniperx »

Awwww, I can really see Linz in him in this picture. In the first picture he really resembled Phil but in this I totally see Linz.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

Aw he's so cute.

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

I'm so happy for them! Their baby is adorable.

On another note, apparently Lee is Native American but doesn't look like it AT ALL.

A) No, she's probably not, and B) through Z) Nobody gives a shit.

(shout out to all my fellow Archer fans)

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by featherly »

aw what a little cutie! What's up with Youtubers' newborns looking cute compared to other newborns?

ScarletBloodDoll
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarletBloodDoll »

I thought it was very telling that Ross was not included in the "Baby Defranco is finally here!" video, even though he was in the background.

As someone who dislikes babies and children in general, Trey is freakin' adorable. A friend of mine delivered her baby a few hours of Trey was delivered and that baby cannot even begin to be compared.

troncat
Informer
Informer

Post by troncat »

So happy for them. That kid is going to have dat Defranco nose fo sho.

And I have no problem with the nickname Trey, but I'm going to call him PD3 because it sounds like a fucking badass robot body builder or something.
ImageImage

nicesights
Debater
Debater

Post by nicesights »

I personally find it a little obnoxious to call someone "III" (how do you say that, "the third"?) but I love the nickname Trey and he's such a cutie <3

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

I'm gonna quote Hank Green on this name thing: "Name your child what you're gonna CALL your child. I am Hank, my whole life I have always been Hank, but my parents NAMED me William"
Starting at 0.54
[youtube][/youtube]

it'sariana
Informer
Informer

Post by it'sariana »

gr4pefruits wrote:I'm so happy for them! Their baby is adorable.

On another note, apparently Lee is Native American but doesn't look like it AT ALL.

A) No, she's probably not, and B) through Z) Nobody gives a shit.

(shout out to all my fellow Archer fans)
Hahaha! No joke, that exact quote popped into my mind when she said that! Great minds think alike, I suppose. And little phil aka pd3 is absolutely precious. His lips remind me of Lindsey's

More pictures of the wee baby trey[mus]!

- Fresh out the womb and he already has a full head of hair!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

WiiKristina wrote:I'm gonna quote Hank Green on this name thing: "Name your child what you're gonna CALL your child. I am Hank, my whole life I have always been Hank, but my parents NAMED me William"
Starting at 0.54
[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah my entire childhood I was called Gigi, and I thought that was my name. When I found out my name was actually Gabriele, I had a bit of an identity crisis.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

featherly wrote:aw what a little cutie! What's up with Youtubers' newborns looking cute compared to other newborns?
haha, almost every one of my friends' babies is ridiculously adorable, so i dunno what you're talking about! babies are cayoot!

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

OMG that nose!!

MadeinCanada
Talker
Talker

Post by MadeinCanada »

Oh man, they love their baby so much. I wish there were photos of Linz holding him but Phil tweeted she had a rough day (obviously giving birth :P ) I always loves photos of babies with their mama's.

I too thought of Hank's video... I think it is one thing if you name your kid William and call him Will that's pretty obvious. However, I remember a few times throughout school, a teacher would call a kid by their real name and it was always weird because that wasn't their identity, their nickname was. In general I'm not a fan of people predetermining what nickname their kid will have.. you already named them and now they have no say in what they get called. This happened with almost all of my siblings and then there were hurt feelings because my parents thought they were oh so clever with our nicknames. :|

dreamafever
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dreamafever »

Long time lurker but new poster here. I'm wondering do you guys think Trey's last name is actually Defranco, or did they used Phil's actual last name (Franchini)? Unless both Phil and Papa Defranco had their last names legally changed to Defranco, then Trey really technically wouldn't be the "3rd". I assume Trey's legal name is Franchini, but they're probably just going to say Defranco.

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

dreamafever wrote:Long time lurker but new poster here. I'm wondering do you guys think Trey's last name is actually Defranco, or did they used Phil's actual last name (Franchini)? Unless both Phil and Papa Defranco had their last names legally changed to Defranco, then Trey really technically wouldn't be the "3rd". I assume Trey's legal name is Franchini, but they're probably just going to say Defranco.
Phil's legal name is Franchini, so the baby's last name will also be Franchini. DeFranco is just his online name.

MadeinCanada
Talker
Talker

Post by MadeinCanada »

Anyone think he's going to buy Linz a push present? What it would be?

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”