krandr0205
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beautybaby44 Part 4

Post by krandr0205 »

guestingguesting wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:wait do you only get your associates at fidm? is it a 2 year school? i'm confused. you can't get anywhere without a bachelors.
that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. my mother has a 2 year degree and makes over 100k a year. my dad took a few college courses and makes over 80k. wake the fuck up
Woah :o what do your parents do?! Lol, I'm interested

TheAlyxoxo
Debater
Debater

Post by TheAlyxoxo »

krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:wait do you only get your associates at fidm? is it a 2 year school? i'm confused. you can't get anywhere without a bachelors.
that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. my mother has a 2 year degree and makes over 100k a year. my dad took a few college courses and makes over 80k. wake the fuck up
did your family get jobs through other people? lol

Post by Guest »

lol @ julien and how she thinks she (and her voice) are hot shit. her tone is nice but her technique leaves much to be desired. i can't see her hitting higher notes without sounding shrill.

also, does she SERIOUSLY not recognize/know what the yin yang/Taijitu symbol is? Most elementary school kids can recognize that symbol and know its name, and have a general idea of what it means. This girl probably doesn't know what Taoism is, much less Taijiquan/Taiji. This is the second time in her college vlogs she has not recognized it. Just goes to show that she, like all of her clique, wear symbols without knowing the meanings (they don't even know the names!) Like all the sideway crosses and hamsa hands that Brandy Melville sells.

onceuponadecember
Informer
Informer

Post by onceuponadecember »

I feel really bad for her that she has to basically be a cab and drive her roommates everywhere, that is going to get so old so quick to her and really make her resent them unless if they're forking over a little bit of cash for her already expensive to fill up mercedes, though I doubt they are

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

guestingguesting wrote:
There's really no need to be rude. Calm down. What the fuck?

Post by Guest »

I think by julien trying to be sarcastic by saying thank you darling was basically saying (if they are indeed reading this forum) that everyone is looking too far into her actions & it isn't what everyone's really making it out to be.

Her and Lindsey seemed to be getting along fine when it was just them two doing their homework, she seemed fine the whole entire time. Not rude or anything.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
Working your way up and not having a degree is not the same as it was 20 years ago, without connections, good luck getting a job without a degree, it's possible but way harder.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Why do they read GG and then act like we have no right to talk about them? They should'nt have chosen this job if they are gonna act all sad and cry about it. Obviously everyone gets talked about some day or another so I don't see how they expect people to like everything they do. My point is Emily is being too sensitive. Yeah we may not know her in real life but geez the way you act in vlogs makes me think you are actually a crazy white girl in real life.

Jeannie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jeannie »

Looooooooool at the comment that you can't get anywhere without a college degree. A) Your definition of 'anywhere' may not be some else's. B) There are jobs that don't require a bachelors, so...

but I do concede that it is a bit harder to get a job without a college education nowadays, but it's not like that with all jobs.

bloopbloop
Learner
Learner

Post by bloopbloop »

I know this is lindsey's forum but I can't find emily's but since they're roommates I figured she's fair game on here.

So emily says none of them really know how to cook, which is why i suspect they go out to eat almost every day. I just finished my first year at a university and seriously used my meal plan everyday (who knows if FIDM offers a meal plan) and I was living off of whatever money my parents sent me weekly. Anyways, before I get off topic is why not just buy a cook book or watch videos on how to cook? It would make a lot more sense then eating out every day. Plus, I think I'd get sick of eating out and I'd want some regular home cooked meals sometimes.

OhhNoo!
Talker
Talker

Post by OhhNoo! »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lindsey is going to move out after the first quarter. In her Q & A video it seems like she had doubts about living in student housing because of the cost, so why spend so much money decorating when it probably won't last all year and she'll probably end up having to spend money furnishing her own apartment?

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
Yeah my father doesn't have a degree and my mother only has an associate's degree and they both make a pretty good amount of money.

cyndaquil♡
Debater
Debater

Post by cyndaquil♡ »

not going to lie. if there was a website talking about me I'd read it too, but damn they're making it too obvious.
I wish Lindsey would have gotten her own apartment. idk how much rent is in la but I'm sure she could afford it. all she has to do is stop spending so much money on ugly clothes, lol.
the homework...what. looks like something a kindergarten class would be doing. when she said they had to do a project I thought it'd be drawing or something. guess not.
btw, does Lindsey have a boyfriend? I know she went to prom with some guy but I think she said he was a friend.

lindsaylove
Learner
Learner

Post by lindsaylove »

hardlythere wrote:
krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. my mother has a 2 year degree and makes over 100k a year. my dad took a few college courses and makes over 80k. wake the fuck up
Yeah my father doesn't have a degree and my mother only has an associate's degree and they both make a pretty good amount of money.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's a lot more difficult. I think that getting your AA in marketing, even if it's Beauty Marketing, is stupid and very pinholing to your career. If Lindsey ever wants to do something else with her life she's going to have a lot less options than she would if she had gotten a BS in marketing, or even a BS in Beauty Marketing.

As far as your parents doing well without degrees, all I have to say is that times are much more difficult and different now than they were when your parents were getting out of high school. You cannot get as far with an AA as your parents could.

missgabystar11
Talker
Talker

Post by missgabystar11 »

cyndaquil♡ wrote:not going to lie. if there was a website talking about me I'd read it too, but damn they're making it too obvious.
I wish Lindsey would have gotten her own apartment. idk how much rent is in la but I'm sure she could afford it. all she has to do is stop spending so much money on ugly clothes, lol.
the homework...what. looks like something a kindergarten class would be doing. when she said they had to do a project I thought it'd be drawing or something. guess not.
btw, does Lindsey have a boyfriend? I know she went to prom with some guy but I think she said he was a friend.
Rent in LA for a decent apartment is around $1,500+. If Kayla can afford the rent it's obvious she could afford it. I can't wait for the all the gurus to live in LA! :| :x

sarahjbeara
Talker
Talker

Post by sarahjbeara »

jean101 wrote:The fuck at their homework..

Why have they been set that? That makes their course and college look like a joke, sure she's doing fashion marketing but they should be learning business stuff, not painting crappy little color wheels. It's so embarrassing that people go to college to do this stuff, I'm not trying to be snooty but come on, people taking that course should not be wasting the money and time on higher education.

One of my best friends had to do it this year at a top university (freshman year) but they had to do it to a way bigger extent. The difference was that my friend is an actual arts major, not a business/fashion major so idk why the fuck their doing it.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lorelei »

Sillygurus wrote:
livelovejuicy wrote:Can someone set me straight? Does Lindsey really drive a Mercedes?
Yup. In her vlogs driving you can see the Mercedes symbol on the wheel.
I wasn't sure if she was just renting it in LA but wow. Out of all the cars in the world of course she had to pick a fab one :)
I dont know if i was in her financial life I would have saved a lot of that money.

But thanks to the people that answered :D
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

guestingguesting
Talker
Talker

Post by guestingguesting »

krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
my mom's a computer programmer and my dad owns his own business. this isn't directed at you but for other people who replied to my comment: no, they didn't get their jobs through knowing people and i don't care if the times have changed- don't say you "can't get anywhere" with a bachelors because i just gave you two examples. in today's job market it's hard to get jobs even with bachelors and it's all about networking and making connections (no matter what degree you have). with her youtube platform she has met a lot of people through her agency etc., which will probably work out to her advantage at some point. i don't mean to be rude but i just find it insulting to say you "can't go anywhere" without a BA

guestingguesting
Talker
Talker

Post by guestingguesting »

byebyebye1 wrote:
If Lindsey plans on getting her BA immediately after graduating from FIDM I think that getting an AA first was not a good way to go. Now I have met people who have had extenuating circumstances (sick family they help take care of, only being able to go to school part time due to finances, having a child/children to take care of, etc) that caused extra 'burdens' resulting in them needing to get an AA first and then go back for a BA/BS later on/at a different time and no judgement on them, but for Lindsey (a childless, rich, and decently intelligent girl) to take 6 years just to get a Bachelor's degree - 2 years for the AA degree and 4 for the BA - is just ridiculous. You can get a Master's degree in 6 years...
i don't necessarily think it's a good route to go either but i was just pointing it out :) but if she got her BA from FIDM then i'm sure her credits would transfer and it wouldn't really take 4 more years- it'd be more like the 2+2 program that FIT does

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

livelovejuicy wrote:
Sillygurus wrote:
livelovejuicy wrote:Can someone set me straight? Does Lindsey really drive a Mercedes?
Yup. In her vlogs driving you can see the Mercedes symbol on the wheel.
I wasn't sure if she was just renting it in LA but wow. Out of all the cars in the world of course she had to pick a fab one :)
I dont know if i was in her financial life I would have saved a lot of that money.

But thanks to the people that answered :D
I think it was bought used? I'm not sure I'm remembering that correctly, but it's not like she dropped 70 thousand on it.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”