Favourite TV Series?

SuperBeachKid
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Favourite TV Series?

Post by SuperBeachKid »

Just curious as to what everyone's favourite TV series are :) I am constantly looking for a new series to get into because once I finish one or get caught up with one, I always feel this empty void that I need to fill in with a new series in the mean time.

I'll start by saying that my all time favourite series is Lost. I got into it pretty late, waaay after it had ended but I was absolutely addicted and I genuinely wanted to cry myself to sleep when it had ended lol :oops: it was after watching that series that I would constantly look for other ones to get into just to fill that hole in my life! Other favourites are Breaking Bad (so excited and sad for them to finish season 5 this summer), Downton Abbey (completely up my alley, everything about it is perfection and my mom and I constantly obsess over the awesome home decor and whatnot lol) and I just started watching Game of Thrones! I'm only on the 6th episode of season 1 but it is hands down addicting and another show that is very up my alley. I don't know why it's taken me so long to start watching it. Definitely gives me the urge to play some Skyrim again :P

I also used to adore Dexter but there was a point, I think in the latest season, that it just started going a little downhill for me and made me lose interest. I wish I didn't feel that way because it was a great series!

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Favourite TV Series?

Post by wanderlust »

Dexter and Breaking Bad are my favorites. Nothing compares to those. Other than that...

-Weeds (over now, but some seasons were great..others terrible)
-United States of Tara (canceled but great show..it's on Netflix)
-House of Cards (one season so far, it's on Netflix)
-Hemlock Grove (one season so far, it's on Netfflix)
-Awkward
-Pretty Little Liars
-Bunheads
-Cougar Town (terrible name for a show, but it's pretty funny)

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

The Wire!!! Probably the most well-written TV show of all time. I'm not even into cop kind of shows at all and I still loved every minute of watching it. It's really heartwrenchingly sad though (especially because it's based heavily on reality) so it's not for everyone.

Mad Men is really good too.

SuperBeachKid
Talker
Talker

Post by SuperBeachKid »

thismustbetheplace wrote:The Wire!!! Probably the most well-written TV show of all time. I'm not even into cop kind of shows at all and I still loved every minute of watching it. It's really heartwrenchingly sad though (especially because it's based heavily on reality) so it's not for everyone.

Mad Men is really good too.
I forgot about Mad Men! It was one of those shows I didn't expect to really get into but heck I love it now.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

I watch a lot. I had to drop a few but they're still a lot.
My favorite by far is Teen Wolf. I really really really loved Fringe but :( Other favorites are TBBT, Beauty and the Beast and Castle.
The others I watch:
OUAT, New Girl, NCIS LA, Cougar Town, Hart of Dixie, White Collar, Modern Family, TVD, Awkward, Body of Proof and AHS.

Mia23
Talker
Talker

Post by Mia23 »

Doctor who
Pretty little liars (even tho its been awhile since I seen an episode)
Real housewives of miami
Dexter
True blood
Undateables

Come dine with me canada

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

One Tree Hill
Desperate Housewives
The Real Housewives of NJ
Switched At Birth

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

I HAAAAAAAAVE ARRIVED.

This is my kind of thread. I am a magician, and television is my magic.

Cable Television: (in no particular order; P.S. I think this 'list' is complete)
- HOMELAND
- Downton Abbey
- Game of Thrones
- Mad Men
- Girls
- Shameless
- The Newsroom
- Veep
- United States of Tara
- The Walking Dead
- Boardwalk Empire
- The Borgias
- Episodes
- Suits
- American Horror Story
- Bates Motel
- The Americans
- Sherlock
- Skins
- Misfits

* Intend to start watching: Breaking Bad, The Wire, Arrested Development

Network Television: (only my favorites; otherwise we'll be here all day)
- The Good Wife
- Parks & Recreation
- The Office
- Revenge
- The Mentalist
- Law & Order SVU
- Criminal Minds
- Nashville
- The Mindy Project
- The New Normal
- Modern Family
- New Girl
- Smash
- Glee
- Grey's Anatomy
- The Vampire Diaries

Reality Television: (my guilty pleasures)
- Every series of The Real Housewives (excluding D.C., including Vancouver)
- Every spin-off of The Real Housewives (e.g. Don't Be Tardy, Vanderpump Rules, etc.)
- Shahs of Sunset
- RuPaul's Drag Race
- Bad Girls Club
- Survivor
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Big Brother UK
- The Rachel Zoe Project
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Bachelor Pad
- and a ton of others that I watch irregularly (i.e. TLC nonsense), or all at once.

R.I.P. Network Television: (shows which I LOVED, but are off the air)
- Friends
- Will & Grace
- 30 Rock
- Lost
- House
- Fringe
- Desperate Housewives
- Brothers & Sisters
- a lot more, but it doesn't make sense to list off all of the cancelled/completed shows

OK! I am an addict, and I admit it!

But a lot of the cable shows, I started watching in the last year or two, and caught up mostly all at once (i.e. Girls, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, etc.). But honestly, no need to make excuses, I am a TV addict. I find time. And it also probably explains why I don't go to sleep until 4AM. I've sold my soul, and have traded sleep for television.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

My favorite shows:
  • Doctor Who
  • Anything Star Trek
  • Anything Stargate
  • Battlestar Gallactica
  • House
  • Bones
  • Castle
  • Glee
  • Downton Abbey
  • Madmen
  • Game of Thrones

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

GodWarrior wrote:I HAAAAAAAAVE ARRIVED. (...)
MAD RESPECT. Holy crap!!! You are my hero!! How do you find time for all of that?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I have bad taste in tv but i don't care

friends
spongebob (i know i'm 22, but the writing and storyboarding of that show are brilliant)
hey arnold
the vampire diaries
nikita
pretty little liars
supernatural
law and order svu
that 70s show

i watch other ones too but those are my favorites
imma ball til the day i fall

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

kathpt wrote:
GodWarrior wrote:I HAAAAAAAAVE ARRIVED. (...)
MAD RESPECT. Holy crap!!! You are my hero!! How do you find time for all of that?
Nights, mornings, procrastination, and insomnia.

That's my formula. (1) I stay up late, and watch TV from like 1AM-3AM. In two hours, you can watch 3 one-hour shows without commercials. (2) I watch TV before I go to class, which this semester, tends to start after 11.30AM. (3) When I am supposed to be doing something productive, like writing a paper, I will "reward" myself with TV (i.e. I will procrastinate instead of doing work). (4) Finally, on days where I have the most shows (Sunday nights are a killer), I will live off of 5-6 hours of sleep, in the name of the cause.

Other than that, I am actually fairly well-adjusted, haha. I go to class, I see friends, I go out on the weekend, BUT if I'm in my apartment on my own, I am almost certainly watching a TV show I've downloaded, possibly while doing something else, like Facebook or researching a paper.

It's a tough life being a militant TV watcher. But someone's got to do it (is what I tell myself. In reality, no one has to watch this many shows: I just want to/am addicted).

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

My god. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, I mean it. I used to watch around 30 tv shows in high season and I had to stop because I couldn't get anything done! I legit dropped about 20 TV shows. It broke my heart but it had to be done. Now even with just a little over 10 I STILL can't catch up as fast as I'd like! And I'm not even in college/uni!!
Do you watch them the day they come out or only when you can?

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

kathpt wrote:My god. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, I mean it. I used to watch around 30 tv shows in high season and I had to stop because I couldn't get anything done! I legit dropped about 20 TV shows. It broke my heart but it had to be done. Now even with just a little over 10 I STILL can't catch up as fast as I'd like! And I'm not even in college/uni!!
Do you watch them the day they come out or only when you can?
When I can. Usually I don't watch shows until 24 hours after they air, because it takes time to download them. However, if there's a show that is PRESSING, I will watch that at like 2AM.

Honestly, like three years ago, when I was in high school, it was a different story: because I hadn't discovered downloading/torrents/etc., and was able to watch shows when they were actually on TV. The best birthday present I ever got in my life was in Grade 8, when my parents got me a PVR/DVR to record TV shows. All of a sudden, I didn't have to watch the shows LIVE, I could tape them. I went from three or four shows per week to like twenty in a matter of weeks.

When I went off to university, I was forced to learn how to download AND GURRRL IT DOES NOT END WELL. Although, this depends on your perspective: for some, it ends beautifully: a drug-induced haze of television; my life is like being permanently hooked up to a TV morphine-drip. WHO AM I? WHERE AM I? I DON'T CARE 'CAUSE I GOT MA HOUSEWIVES.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

True Blood
Girls
Skins (UK Version)
Sex and the City
Desperate Housewives
South Park (Old episodes)

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

GodWarrior wrote:When I can. Usually I don't watch shows until 24 hours after they air, because it takes time to download them. However, if there's a show that is PRESSING, I will watch that at like 2AM.

Honestly, like three years ago, when I was in high school, it was a different story: because I hadn't discovered downloading/torrents/etc., and was able to watch shows when they were actually on TV. The best birthday present I ever got in my life was in Grade 8, when my parents got me a PVR/DVR to record TV shows. All of a sudden, I didn't have to watch the shows LIVE, I could tape them. I went from three or four shows per week to like twenty in a matter of weeks.

When I went off to university, I was forced to learn how to download AND GURRRL IT DOES NOT END WELL. Although, this depends on your perspective: for some, it ends beautifully: a drug-induced haze of television; my life is like being permanently hooked up to a TV morphine-drip. WHO AM I? WHERE AM I? I DON'T CARE 'CAUSE I GOT MA HOUSEWIVES.
You wait for torrents? ahahah that is so 2007! :p

I usually gotta watch mine either live or as soon as they end otherwise I'll go mental ahah I've already left so many behind that now I only watch basically my favorites. Some weeks I don't feel like watching any though, which is a really strange feeling.

Forgot one on my list: the carrie diaries. i also used to watch lost and dhw (completed the two).

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

One of the few reasons I still watch television .
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Former favorites: Friends, Will & Grace, ER, NYPD Blue, Law & Order SVU (may as well have been cancelled, I haven't watched since Stabler ducked out) and Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Current favorites: Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Vampire Diaries, Suits and Pretty Little Liars (although PLL and VD are slowly dropping off the list)

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

The mindy project
The new normal
Glee
House hunters/ international
The Simpsons