ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Hype233
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by Hype233 »

ohliveuh wrote:I hate to add to an off topic debate, but I just want to make this one point. If you're under the impression that getting a pure-bred dog from a breeder makes it healthier than a mutt from a shelter, you are...sorely mistaken. As long as the shelter dog is up to date on shots and what not, or has not been pre-disposed to a disease/been abused, they are likely to live longer and propose less complications later in their lives in most situations. And most abused dogs just need some TLC and an owner that is willing to devote time and love to them and take them for check-ups when needed. Pure-breds are incredibly inbred and have many issues that are unavoidable in a lot of breeds. There's thousands of dogs and cats that are in need of homes and are at risk of being euthanized, and usually mutts are more healthy and at lower risk of having complications later on in life. And although I don't agree with buying animals, if you really feel the need to do it, an independent breeder is your best option so I hope those of you who have bought your animals have gone that route. Pet stores are just working for all the puppy mills. And that's all I have to say on that topic.
I never said adopting dogs was bad or that all dogs and cats from shelters are unhealthy, just that purchasing a dog from a breeder is nothing to be ashamed of and isn't some shady transaction that Rachel needs to feel weird about. In the future I'll probably adopt a dog but I wanted a specific breed, there were no shelters that had border terrier puppies so I went with a breeder.
I mean why does she even feel weird about it if her dog at home is pure-bred?

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

shadowlurker wrote: Oh, I will judge people who buy dogs and other pets. The reasons you listed, other than the big exception on service animals (fyi: there's plenty of service animals, especially those "working" in retirement homes/elderly homes, were shelter animals) are not good enough for me. Shelters are not just full, shelters are overflowing. Comparing organic apples to a living and breathing being leaves me without words. I'm sorry this is your opinion, I can only hope one day you will realize how horrific breeding animals is. Until then, have fun dumping your money into the laps of breeders who will use and abuse those poor dogs until they're drained and ready to be dumped at kill shelters. One thing that pisses ME off to high hell is when someone tries to defend breeders. I'm sorry but it's a FACT that a very, very, very high percentage of those perfect, bred dogs ends up at kill shelters. Try a Google search on this one, please. I dare you.

Anyway, I'm outta here. This is like knocking my head against a brick wall.
I'm with you all the way. Breeders are out there churning out puppies for purely selfish reasons, they just want a profit. 4-6 million dogs are put down every year because shelters are just too full to keep them. There is absolutely no reason other than selfishness that someone should buy from a breeder. Shelters have hypoallergenic animals, they have old calm dogs who just want to spend the last few years of their lives with someone who will love them, they have excitable young dogs to play with kids, they have virtually every kind of dog you could want, and they are there for various reasons. Dogs are not in shelters because they've "misbehaved" or they're "bad dogs." Shelters have gotten so much bad stigma from that idea and it's fucking bullshit. Dogs are in there because they were stray dogs, or their owner just left them, or because someone couldn't take care of them, etc. Why would you buy from a breeder when there are MILLIONS of animals killed every year just because they couldn't find a home. Fuck that shit. Nothing gets me angrier. When someone puts their own self-importance before the lives of helpless animals, you know they've lost some of their humanity.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

whatevs4 wrote:
shadowlurker wrote: Oh, I will judge people who buy dogs and other pets. The reasons you listed, other than the big exception on service animals (fyi: there's plenty of service animals, especially those "working" in retirement homes/elderly homes, were shelter animals) are not good enough for me. Shelters are not just full, shelters are overflowing. Comparing organic apples to a living and breathing being leaves me without words. I'm sorry this is your opinion, I can only hope one day you will realize how horrific breeding animals is. Until then, have fun dumping your money into the laps of breeders who will use and abuse those poor dogs until they're drained and ready to be dumped at kill shelters. One thing that pisses ME off to high hell is when someone tries to defend breeders. I'm sorry but it's a FACT that a very, very, very high percentage of those perfect, bred dogs ends up at kill shelters. Try a Google search on this one, please. I dare you.

I'm with you all the way. Breeders are out there churning out puppies for purely selfish reasons, they just want a profit. 4-6 million dogs are put down every year because shelters are just too full to keep them. There is absolutely no reason other than selfishness that someone should buy from a breeder. Shelters have hypoallergenic animals, they have old calm dogs who just want to spend the last few years of their lives with someone who will love them, they have excitable young dogs to play with kids, they have virtually every kind of dog you could want, and they are there for various reasons. Dogs are not in shelters because they've "misbehaved" or they're "bad dogs." Shelters have gotten so much bad stigma from that idea and it's fucking bullshit. Dogs are in there because they were stray dogs, or their owner just left them, or because someone couldn't take care of them, etc. Why would you buy from a breeder when there are MILLIONS of animals killed every year just because they couldn't find a home. Fuck that shit. Nothing gets me angrier. When someone puts their own self-importance before the lives of helpless animals, you know they've lost some of their humanity.
Please get off your high horse. Are you going to shame parents who won't adopt children because they have a family history of mental illness? Adopting is amazing but both breeders I've dealt with aren't shady business women who pop childrens' balloons for fun, they were just regular women who bred show dogs and if there was an "imperfect" puppy they'd sell them to families looking for that specific breed.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I'm not saying buying is a "shady transaction", I just find breeding to be a tad morally corrupt. It's not about being on a high horse, it's about having researched into this a lot, knowing the facts, and having all rescued animals my entire life, animals who might have all been euthanized or left without a loving owner in cement cells in shelters had we not adopted them. You can almost always find a specific breed at some sort of shelter - for the majority of breeds there are specific foundations devoted purely to them. When I finally am in a place in my independent life when I can get a dog, I want nothing more than a pug, but I will go to all lengths to make sure that I adopt and save one rather than buy one.

Little disclaimer; I know it's a little hypocritical to want a pug when I mentioned all the health problems before (pugs are universally known to have health issues), but I love the breed enough to put in the time and devotion, which is why I'm waiting.

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

Hype233 wrote:
whatevs4 wrote:

Please get off your high horse. Are you going to shame parents who won't adopt children because they have a family history of mental illness? Adopting is amazing but both breeders I've dealt with aren't shady business women who pop childrens' balloons for fun, they were just regular women who bred show dogs and if there was an "imperfect" puppy they'd sell them to families looking for that specific breed.
Actually no, I never equated dogs to children? I didn't say breeders were horrible shady people. I was trying to convey that they are motivated by the wrong things. Just think about it logically for a moment. Millions of animals are put down while breeders are popping out puppies left and right. They're fueling the imbalance of dogs to homes, and as a result, more and more animals are getting euthanized all the time. It's unnecessary and unneeded, and it's fucking ridiculous in my opinion.

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

Bringing the conversation back to Rachel (not even going into the shelter vs breeder debate), in reply to whoever posted the video from 2 years ago of Rachel and Chris's date at the beach, I feel like since she's become so immersed and dependable on her relationship it's affected her own self esteem and made her more brash and angry. Earlier this morning I was watching her "Chrachel Cooks" video (the one where they made the raspberry filled lemon cupcakes) and at one point she was boasting about her frosting and my little brother (he's 17) overheard and said "She needs to calm the fuck down".

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

And now back to Rachel!

I swear to God she gets wider and wider in every upload. I know that she's sitting at the foot of the bed so there's some foreground/background size distortion, but she takes up way too much space on that bed. I wonder what sliver of the mattress she allows Chris to wedge into each night.

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

A lot of gurus do videos for selfish reasons. But Rachel is probably the only one who didn't even bother trying to seem generous, or if she does, her generosity if absolutely pitiful. "I know you probably have this, but I DON'T CARE." She said that so many times!

What? Are you serious, Rachel? You're really going to be rude about this? Maybe it's just me, but if that's her way of giving gifts, I sure as hell don't want any from her.

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

Also in her new giveaway video, I have to agree that that's the best her make-up has looked in a while. But for the love of God, stop wearing top-knots, it is so unflattering with how big and round your face is.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I agree that she has become way too co-dependent. If they split up she's going to be so lost and down on herself because Chris has been her crutch through this entire part of her life. I fully admit that I lean on my boyfriend for support, but because I know I can have the tendency to lean a little too much, I always keep a close eye on myself to make sure I'm doing me first and foremost. It's so important to love yourself first and it's completely possible to do that while still unconditionally loving somebody else.

edit: Although on the note of her giveaway, it really is pretty freaking generous. Games are like $60 a pop, books can run between $20-$30, and I like that she's considering more than just her makeup obsessed female viewers. I'm a girl and I would rather win a videogame than a blush.

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo »

Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

I found that video on the beach of her to be really sad. She hasn't been that happy since.
Yes, I'm a lot different than I was in 2011 as I have grown but like, I'm the same person and she never seems to be like that any more. For the past year.
I feel as if Rachel thinks she has to over compensate and be different because she's ~~not like the typical guru. Therefore, she has to be obnoxious and constantly praising because if she is genuinely calm and happy then she is like every one else.

Also, on her tumblr, she realized she showed that she was pantsless in that one video but says "all you can see is her thigh." NOPE. Pretty positive you're not wearing pants.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

I always wonder who their friends will gravitate towards if the relationship ended. She always says she's the one who brought all of the friends in but I have a feeling they stay for Chris mostly. Rachel seems like she needs a lot of attention to be kept happy.

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

oxprincessxo wrote:^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.
their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

beautybitch wrote:
oxprincessxo wrote:^

their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.
Congrats on 10 pounds! I'm trying to do the same thing. She just needs to focus less on TV and more on getting healthier physically and mentally. I'm sure a lot of her anxiety stems from being worried about how she looks.

whatwhat
Learner
Learner

Post by whatwhat »

buying subscribers with lots of giveaways cause her view counts have been so low. lol

i think if she put more time and effort into improving herself her lifestyle her attitude and relationships then she'd be a lot happier and people would actually enjoy watching her videos.
~better to be hated, than loved for what you're not~

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

She could have at least made her bed before filming in front of it :roll:

moodhani
Learner
Learner

Post by moodhani »

if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

I see from tumblr Rachel's been reading GG again...she really can't stay away can she?

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”