Veronica Mars Movie

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Veronica Mars Movie

Post by wanderlust »

A Kickstarter campaign was started to raise 2 million dollars for a Veronica Mars movie and the goal was reached in 10 hours. I'm pretty excited about it! I knew Kristen Bell had talked in the past about a movie but I never really thought she'd make it happen. It wasn't my favorite show ever and it has been off for a while now, but I'm looking forward to seeing the movie!

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Veronica Mars Movie

Post by TaylorKnows »

I liked the show but many times when they do this, the movie ends up sucking. Fingers crossed it'll do well.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I really hope it's worth it. I will admit, it's quite impressive how quickly they've raised a lot of money.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

I never really watched it either, but I think its great. It shows you can make things happen with out the backing of big Hollywood companies. I think its great that the fans could come together for such a thing. Cult followings of shows are powerful. Now only if I could get some more Freaks and Geeks.

EleanorRigby
Learner
Learner

Post by EleanorRigby »

TaylorKnows wrote:I liked the show but many times when they do this, the movie ends up sucking. Fingers crossed it'll do well.
The cast & crew have all been pulling for the movie for years, so I'm pretty sure their passion for this project will ensure the movie will be awesome. Hopefully it's good otherwise I'd be so disappointed - I've been looking forward to the movie for so long now!

Like you, I've got my fingers crossed b/c a good box office performance can bring great press/exposure to a deserving show.

CASSXIES
Learner
Learner

Post by CASSXIES »

Rob Thomas is PHENOMENAL writer and I expect the movie to be nothing less than his best work. I've always been a Vmars fan and am a proud kickstarter backer. Can't wait for the movie. I literally feel like part of a movement or something, like we all said "F--- you, corporation! we want Vmars!" and we got it. I love it. :D

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I totally donated to that kickstarter. My first and only. The updates are exciting! Most of the best characters will be in it, though I would've watched if it was just Keith, Veronica, and Logan.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

This movie bored me to tears.

Return to “Movies”