Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Clothes you are uncomfortable with wearing

Post by Aubade »

Shorts: Stretchmarks on my thighs
Anything that doesn't cover my belly: rolls + stretchmarks
Halter tops: Broad shoulders + A cup = looking like a man

I pretty much wear everything else unless I find it ugly.

likethewind
Learner
Learner

Post by likethewind »

Shorts. I don't think there is anything wrong with my legs.. and it's not necessarily the length that I'm uncomfortable with (I own one pair of high waisted flowy black shorts) but the tightness of most shorts + the short length together makes me extremely exposed. I can do short length or tight fitting but not together for some reason.

retro.dream
Talker
Talker

Post by retro.dream »

Any jeans that aren't skinny and high rise. Tight tops. See through things. Crop tops.

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

Angie V wrote:What are some clothes that you are uncomfortable with wearing? It can be either physically uncomfortable or just ones you feel weird or awkward in.

For me:

- dresses or skirts: I don't like my legs so unless I wear opaque tights or leggings, I don't like to wear dresses or skirts. I wish I could wear them though because I think they're pretty, but I feel awkward in them.

- shorts: I'm not sure about this anymore because I have lost some weight and my thighs don't do much of this anymore, but I hate wearing shorts because they always bunch up between my legs / up my crotch. (also that thing where I don't like my legs so I don't like for people to see them)

- fancy or formal clothing makes me feel overdressed and awkward

- heels: i'm already 5'7" so heels make me feel like a giant
Is there anything you actually like wearing lol?

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

I hate wearing flared pants, patterned pants cause they make my legs bigger than they are! And neon bright colors!

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

stylishpie_177 wrote:
Angie V wrote:What are some clothes that you are uncomfortable with wearing? It can be either physically uncomfortable or just ones you feel weird or awkward in.

For me:

- dresses or skirts: I don't like my legs so unless I wear opaque tights or leggings, I don't like to wear dresses or skirts. I wish I could wear them though because I think they're pretty, but I feel awkward in them.

- shorts: I'm not sure about this anymore because I have lost some weight and my thighs don't do much of this anymore, but I hate wearing shorts because they always bunch up between my legs / up my crotch. (also that thing where I don't like my legs so I don't like for people to see them)

I don't mean to be rude though

stefunny
Talker
Talker

Post by stefunny »

Crop tops for sure. I have a fairly small waist but I also have lovehandles :( so I can't wear crop tops without my love handles showing.
Leggings and high wasted shorts also look very bad on me, I'm a pear shape. My hips are VERY wide but my booty is fairly flat and wide :( my flat butt/wide hips look so bad in either of these especially leggings. I'm going to push myself to work out to get my butt more perky (hopefully!)

Lee90
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lee90 »

I hate wearing shorts, I have okay legs except for cellulite. Skirts can hide it most the time but shorts makes it look ten times worse. Also I hate jeans because I hate the feel of denim eww.

chelsealand
Informer
Informer

Post by chelsealand »

open toe shoes. I used to dance = ugly toes.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

stylishpie_177 wrote:
stylishpie_177 wrote:

For me:

I don't mean to be rude though
Yes, anything else that isn't that.
I do wear skirts and dresses and fancy clothes when I have to. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I won't ever wear it.
imma ball til the day i fall

charlavail
Informer
Informer

Post by charlavail »

I don't wear short sleeves. I HATE my arms so much, plus I have really bad acne scarring on my shoulder blades. Also, if I'm wearing a "tight" fitted shirt, I always wear a cardigan, or something over it.

liisus
Learner
Learner

Post by liisus »

Bodycon skirts. I feel so exposed in them...

jordyl♥ves
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by jordyl♥ves »

I hate wearing long skirts. They just make me feel old.

Sweat pants.

Baggy shirts

Sandals
FREE GRACIE HUGHES 2K16 Image

bugk
Talker
Talker

Post by bugk »

I hate jeans WITH A PASSION. They are at the top of my list (obviously). I just think they are so uncomfortable and ugly. I'm uncomfortable in any sort of bottoms that cover most of my legs just because I feel constricted for some reason. But I can do tights and leggings.

I don't like tank tops or tops in general that don't have a high neckline because 1. I'm not the biggest fan of my shoulders and 2. I hate showing cleavage.

Low cut shirts kind of go with the previous statement. I've seen a few other girls say they don't like tops that show off the chest because they don't have boobs but I am completely opposite. The first sign of cleavage makes me feel like I'm spilling out of the top.

I don't like tight clothing because again, I feel constricted.

I hate casual clothing. My style icons are Blair Waldorf and Electra Heart, if that gives you any indication of how I dress. I always say, I'd much rather be over-dressed than underdressed.

Jeannie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jeannie »

SKIRTS.
I love skirts and dresses to death, but I always feel like I'm flashing someone.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

^ I wear skirts and dresses all the time, and believe it or not I have only flashed people enough times that I could count on only one hand. Even during windy weather, I never really flash. A great way to start out and end your paranoia is wearing tights underneath at all times :)

*experience as a dress/skirt wearer for years*

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I don't like wearing strapless shirts, I feel like the make my arms look huge when really in 125 pounds, I just can't wear them, it looks like I have arm fat when I wear those shirts, but tank tops I'm fine in, I don't get it. I'm not comfortable in wearing shirts that are skin tight. I do like shirts that are loose but not too loose just in the middle. Crop tops would be another one, I'm in shape..but my stomach pushes out a little bit where I don't think I could wear a crop top and be fine with it. Short shorts make me feel like a busted can of biscuits, like no joke the way they make my thighs look, it isn't pretty, but that's probably because of the muscles in my legs.

Miuu
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Miuu »

Crop tops and bikinis.
:?

ea19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ea19 »

Shorts, I'm very curvy so it makes me uncomfortable. I am pretty skinny up top, I am an XS or S in tops but have 42 inch hips :? lol so I feel like shorts aren't my friends. Also, I am very pale & like my pale skin but I don't feel like my legs look awesome in shorts if that makes sense?
I do like wearing them in autumn in winter though, I have a few pairs of "dressy" shorts that I like to pair with tights and cute flats or these Vince Camuto booties that I scored last winter.
Get it together

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

Jeannie wrote:SKIRTS.
I love skirts and dresses to death, but I always feel like I'm flashing someone.
Llama wrote:^ I wear skirts and dresses all the time, and believe it or not I have only flashed people enough times that I could count on only one hand. Even during windy weather, I never really flash. A great way to start out and end your paranoia is wearing tights underneath at all times :)

*experience as a dress/skirt wearer for years*
lol llama u r so cute ^_^
i usually wear skirts and dresses too, but i wear maxi ones to cover up my hideous elephant legs. it's pretty hard for them to come all the way up. however, i have worn shirt skirts clubbing and my solution was bike shorts :D

or if you have leggings that you don't mind altering, cut them into short-shorts to wear under short or flouncy skirts. that way u can be supah fly w/o looking supah provocative

Return to “Fashion Discussion”