Macbarbie07 General Thread

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I just hope that Bethany continues down a good path. We don't need more celebrities in the world who act out and get drunk or arrested (*cough*Justin Bieber*cough*) because their parents are too busy making money off of their kids or being their children's friend than doing any actual parenting! It doesn't matter if you're 12, 18, or even 25 - sometimes you just need a parent to tell you when you're out of line and need to shape up! Haha :)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

maimai wrote:
blameitonthealtitude wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/haul-tee ... 4-1?page=1

The only thing that concerns me is that her dad declined to comment about if he gets paid to help mange his daughter, because I don't think that it's right for parents to make money off of their kids. Bethany seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a good family behind her, but in hollywood the 'momager' (or i this case 'dadager') roles usually just end up with the parents not parenting because they just want to make money off of their kids. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to her. :?
i don't think this is the case in this situation. i'm sure her parents get something...but i would think it's more a matter of keeping it in the family. i don't think they're pimping her out for their own benefit. they're just the best people to do the job.
Yeah, I would agree. Her parents seemed to be well-off to begin with (Bethany hauled Mac makeup since the beginning and her house always seemed very nice) so I doubt they are hungry for the money. They probably just know a thing or two about finances and rather than hiring someone else to handle it, they do it themselves. I mean you wouldn't want a teenager to be left to their own devices in handling so much money, right? No matter how responsible they are, they still have a lot to learn in that respect. Her parents are just being smart. They'll probably step back from it once she is older and has a better grasp of it herself.
imma ball til the day i fall

GoneGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GoneGirl »

I unsubbed some time ago but tried to watch a few videos today and I just couldn't. I understand her trying to appeal to a younger audience but its 2014 - stop saying "cray cray". She is just way too over the top. It has got to be tiring to constantly have to act like a 15 year old. Kudos to for her blowing up though. Elle and Blair could never.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

GoneGirl wrote:I unsubbed some time ago but tried to watch a few videos today and I just couldn't. I understand her trying to appeal to a younger audience but its 2014 - stop saying "cray cray". She is just way too over the top. It has got to be tiring to constantly have to act like a 15 year old. Kudos to for her blowing up though. Elle and Blair could never.
Elle and Balir are great examples to compare with Beth because they had the opportunity of doing something big and they wasted it!

Blair is closer to age to Beth than Elle and she started her channel before her too but with all the lies, excuses, poor customer service, poor managerial decisions, holier-than-thou attitudes and change of personalities (among other changes) she just fell apart and now her channel is a joke.

If Beth's parents are the ones managing her "career" I say good for them because (so far) they have made good decisions and have kept Beth with her feet on the ground. Whether she acts or not, you can still tell that she cares about what she does. It would've been very easy for her to do what Elle and Blair did, which was make money, blow it off in super expensive shit and then pretty much abandon their channels and sell their souls to companies in order to sponsor 99% of their videos and try to make their viewers believe that they are honest about it.

I hope Beth and her family continue doing things like they are and not let fame or money change who they are, like what happened with Michelle Phan and many, many others. :|

nicki m
Talker
Talker

Post by nicki m »

wanderlust wrote:
In the comments section of that article, people are talking about not being able to meet her unless they "had good grades" or were wearing her clothing line. That seems sketchy.
Yea, only 25 people got a meet and greet and the article said only if they had good grades but a girl's mother commented saying her daughter had good grades but she wasn't wearing Bethany's clothes so she didn't get to meet her and that some of the girls who did meet her have bad grades and behavior either way if it was only based on good grades or wearing her clothes I think it was unfair. To those girls it's a once in a lifetime chance and if Bethany become a celebrity they would want to say they got the chance to meet her.

Meg
Informer
Informer

Post by Meg »

Has Bethany ever done any collaborations with other YouTubers?

nicki m
Talker
Talker

Post by nicki m »

Meg wrote:Has Bethany ever done any collaborations with other YouTubers?
I don't think so... she only has with her sister a long time ago but I don't think that really counts.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

She went to Disney and her friend (I think) was in the video. It wasn't really a collab. More of a guest appearance.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

There were some other youtubers in that road trip video she did. Not really a collab though, they were just there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

She had the O2L boys/Andrea in her road trip video but that doesn't count I guess

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I bet every beauty guru is dying to collab with her. They want some of Bethany's subscribers.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Username wrote:
I bet every beauty guru is dying to collab with her. They want some of Bethany's subscribers.
no kidding!!

lac
Debater
Debater

Post by lac »

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

she looks GORGEOUS here!!! :w<3:

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Username wrote:Image
she looks GORGEOUS here!!! :w<3:
the bottom middle picture is bad, and the top left isn't great either. definitely not flattering photos. plus they photoshopped the hell out of them

GoneGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GoneGirl »

I wouldn't say gorgeous but ... IDK. Some look kind of awkward and overly photoshopped. I have noticed that she's starting to look ... older?

plzstop
Learner
Learner

Post by plzstop »

Do any of you guys find it a bit weird/suspicious that she hasn't done a makeup collection in years? She did about one when she first started her channel but since there have been none, and I'm quite interested to see what she has as it seems she has a LOT of makeup in her collection.

Maybe its because she has a lot of high-end or Mac makeup and wants to make her subscribers believe that she only uses drugstore makeup? In her first (only) makeup collection it seemed to be about 90% Mac... I wonder where all of that's gone and why she never uses it in her videos.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Would anyone else not be surprised if she occasionally bought stuff or baked stuff for videos just to throw it away? The cost would be miniscule compared to the benefit for her videos. I just have a hard time believing that one person could have room for that much junk from all the hauls she does. At this point, she should have a room from the random cute stuff she has picked up from Target.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't mean this to be a diss or anything, just something funny I finally figured out. She looks like the female version of Mario Lopez. (I think she's pretty and everything, I just couldn't put my finger on who she reminded me of.)
imma ball til the day i fall

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

Comparing her to Elle and mostly Blair is completely on the nose. This was just what I was thinking. Blair is an example of Youtube gone wrong. She had so much potential at one point, she basically had the beauty community wrapped around her finger. But she got greedy and fame-hungry. I don't remember ever seeing a sponsored video on Bethany's channel and if there have been she has more than enough original content as well. Her videos look great as well. I don't really watch her because I am older and I don't feel I can relate to her. But when I heard she was coming to the local mall for the Aeropostale tour, I was thrilled for her. I doubt her parents are using her as a cash cow, if they were I think we would see sponsorships galore. She also didn't go the cheap route of making a collab video about nothing (not talking about ones with substance) just to get more subs. I hope they continue to manage her as they seem to be doing a great job.

I hope she does take every opportunity to travel or with other companies, and uses them to the fullest.

Sorry, I just get sick of all these shady gurus sometimes, it's great to see someone who is not constantly just using subs for money.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”