Jennifer Lawrence

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by wanderlust »

HattieChaos wrote: Can't I respond with what I think, though? Just as much as people can say bad things about her, people can agree or disagree with those bad things - as well as the good, that's what a discussion is. A big problem with this forum is that people can trashtalk others as much as they like and nothing will be said, but on the off chance that another person repeatedly defends them or just simply responds to the negative points, they're shot down.
^agreed. Also, I thought you made good points about Jennifer Lawrence. Everyone should be able to have their say without being bothered that others repeatedly disagree with them. If we all agreed on everything, it'd be boring as hell.

Also, that wasn't directed at you , TaylorKnows. I'm just saying it in general.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

TaylorKnows wrote:I do not mean to be rude, I respect your opinion. There have been several threads where I do not agree with what is being said, but unless I really find something wrong with what someone says, I do not respond each time. But hey, it's your opinion, your choice. Sorry for any hard feelings.
It's okay, I get what you mean and all, just I think it's okay to have people come back and respond to stuff - that's what you're doing now, and that's fine too. Sorry if my defending her seemed excessive or anything.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

hipteenevie wrote:

read this
Eh, if everyone were to be criticized for every single word out of their mouth, I don't think anyone would have positive things said. Of course they are going to take things that can be twisted....

Fadia Fiji wrote:
fauxfox wrote:I don't really like her acting - something about her face is so expressionless on film, even in emotional scenes.
RIGHT?!
I don't really follow her or watched any of the movies she was aside from the hunger games which IMO, she suck at.
She had one expression through-out the movie and I got bored of it very quickly...

I understand it may seen like she was emotionless but that's how the character is.... I think she did a phenomenal job of playing a teenage girl who lost her father and stepped up to play his role. Then, was thrown into a world wide event where you're supposed to kill 24 other teenagers, some being 12. I wouldn't have much if I was put in that situation either. Obviously she did something right.

Erythorbate

Post by Erythorbate »

Meh, she's okay. I'm a big fan of The Hunger Games, and think she did an okay job at portraying Katniss. She is very overrated though, and I can't help but find the find the "I'm so awkward haha food I love food haha!! Food burgers did I mention how awkward I am?! I am so quirky haha and awkward!!" too much.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

The whole awkwardness and I love food/I'm fat thing IS annoying. I wouldn't care if it was every now and then but literally every time she speaks its brought up, she clearly plays it up to create that image of her to other people. It's really fucking annoying when people say celebrities are 'just like us' because they do something as simple as EATING FOOD.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

BrunetteBarbie wrote:The whole awkwardness and I love food/I'm fat thing IS annoying. I wouldn't care if it was every now and then but literally every time she speaks its brought up, she clearly plays it up to create that image of her to other people. It's really fucking annoying when people say celebrities are 'just like us' because they do something as simple as EATING FOOD.
agreed completely. shes a good actress but she makes every interview about how shes just like the rest of humanity.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

Can anyone give any other criticism besides food..... I sometimes hear her mention it, but it doesn't dominate the conversation.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

TallButShort wrote:Can anyone give any other criticism besides food..... I sometimes hear her mention it, but it doesn't dominate the conversation.
No because that's really the only thing that annoys me about her, other than that she's just an actress I don't really care about. If she's mentioning it enough that people are noticing it and associating with her then yeah she's doing it too much.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm really curious to know how tall is she, in some websites it says that she's 5'7 but she said in an interview that she's 5'9

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Hmm I suppose I'd rather go with the height she says she is. Websites get it wrong all the time. She does seem rather tall, from photos and her roles in films up against other actors. Poor Josh Hutcherson. :P

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Okay. Hold on. I just realized something. Is it bad if Jennifer is trying to be more relatable? Soooo many people put celebrities on a pedestal, forgetting they're human, and a lot of people don't like celebs because of that. Now that there's a celeb that is actually trying to show she's a human and trying to not put herself on a pedestal, it's a problem? Wut...I don't even...

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

Of course it's not a bad thing for a celebrity to be relatable, but that should be done naturally. If she's like your average JoJo it will show through her actions and how she carries herself. If she keeps bringing it up, it almost seems like she's forcing that impression of her onto people. It probably doesn't help that people always bring up the question about weight in interviews though.

There's a lot of celbrities I find relatable, to an extent, but they' don't parade that around to try to prove. Do I find Jennifer Lawrence relatable? Yes, to an extent. It just gets annoying that its brought up so much. If you're a relatable person it will show, saying it over and over again isn't neccessary for her.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

^ You make a really good point. I hadn't thought of it that way until now.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

I never find Jennifer to be "trying". I feel like she is more like me than half the people I am friends with! She doesn't care what people think and she doesn't have an attitude about it.

So you can tell me without a doubt that there is NOTHING that you overly express about yourself?

inventive
Informer
Informer

Post by inventive »

Fadia Fiji wrote:Like, I said, I only watched THG, and none of her other movies.
I haven't read THG books, nor do I know much about it. I only watched the movie because it was recommended to me by a friend.
I wasn't impressed with her acting at all, it was one expression through-out the whole movie which put me off completely. Yes, I know it's a serious, depressing movie but I feel she could have done much more with the character.
My brother and sister who watched the movie also felt the same.

Again, just my opinion.
HAHA, I can't believe people are telling you that because it is a depressing movie it's okay to have one expression. APPLY THAT TO TWILIGHT, that must make Kristen a great actress and deserving of an oscar! I HATED THG and I thought she was a terrible actress in it. You're right, she had one expression throughout the whole film so I felt no sympathy toward her or the characters.

I also thought she was highly overrated in Silver Linings Playbook, the film was cliche and the acting was poor. There was nothing special about her acting in SLP, she pretty much just played herself. Her acting went downhill after Winter's Bone. She's incredibly overrated but only slightly more talented than Emma fricking Stone.

/rant over

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

HAHA no one is saying it was a one expression movie....

So I saw very little of JL in her SLP character.

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

TallButShort wrote: So you can tell me without a doubt that there is NOTHING that you overly express about yourself?
Nope. I feel people will develop their own impressions of me. I let who I am speak for itself. Thankfully I've never given off a bad impression.....uh...yet.

Then again, I am more of an observant person. Friendly, yes. But I keep a distance when it comes to delving into personal information. Maybe that's what keeps me from "overly" expressing things about myself.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I think you are underestimating how much pressure her management team will be putting on her to put emphasis on this stuff to make people like her more. And I'll say it again: I've watched entire interviews, and she doesn't mention stuff like it that much unless asked.

FDRumad
Learner
Learner

Post by FDRumad »

I never got to see Silver Lining's Playbook. Is it worth picking up at Redbox? I never go off what the Oscars say. I thought Argo sucked.

That said, Robert DeNiro kicks so much ass.
Ain't no party like the Democrat party

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

Like I said before, I'm sure the media doesn't help with the whole "shoved in your face" aspect of her "down to earth-ness".

This topic is pretty subjective. It's just that little aspect of her that I, personally, don't care for. I'm sure it'll tone down as Hollywood gets over the hype (not that she's not worth the hype, but there's always a "new girl").

I guess it's like a Bruno Mars song that gets overplayed on the radio, you just get tired of hearing it everywhere you go. lol

Return to “Celebrity”