essiebutton

ashelflife
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: essiebutton

Post by ashelflife »

She's filming a December Faves video. I like her non-beauty fave videos better, I get the impression she enjoys those more. I prefer the fringe on her too, hope she gets it cut.

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner

Post by royan_rawss »

boston61 wrote:She goes where the money is and apparently it is now with Mother. When he starts paying her bills she may be a bit nicer to his family.

What? I'm sorry but where are you even getting this stuff? And her relationship with his family is none of our business. Like I said above, if his family lives nearby they can likely see them any time. She hardly sees hers, and on twitter she said he encoraged her to go.

I swear people here find the weirdest things to complain about sometimes in terms of the gurus.

Ohfrankie
Learner
Learner

Post by Ohfrankie »

I think she's so funny! Some of her older videos were funny enough that I watched them twice. I think since she blew up quickly she's reigned in her silliness a bit. I would do the same. But I hope she becomes comfortable enough to be really silly again. She's delightful, really.

oddxsox
Talker
Talker

Post by oddxsox »

I am in the same situation with my boyfriend. I moved countries to be with him and was meant to spend christmas with him and his family however I came home to mine. Maybe Estee just doesn't get along with Aslan's family..
You can't judge people with this situation unless you are in it yourself. Being torn between people and countries is VERY hard.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

boston61 wrote:She goes where the money is and apparently it is now with Mother. When he starts paying her bills she may be a bit nicer to his family.
This makes no sense whatsoever. You sound like Aslan's jealous ex-girlfriend or rather, some random girl madly in love with Aslan who cannot handle that he's with Estee.

This is the 'rave' thread for essiebutton. Go to the 'trash' thread with this ridiculousness.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

This is "rave about a guru" so let's all carry on talking about how much we adore Estée!! :D <3 :love2: :love2: :D <3 <3 :D :D :D :love2: :love2: :love2: <3 <3

Post by Guest »

I just wish she would cut all the damaged hair off. Chin length. She is so pretty and her mother is correct. Her natural hair is beautiful. Start over with the hair and let it grow in again.

bluejohnson
Learner
Learner

Post by bluejohnson »

I love estee's videos! she seems very real unlike zoella, sprinkleofglitter, uglyfaceofbeauty etc. She doesn't brag about jeffrey campbells, doesn't get things sent to her and has a lovely personality. She's also a very pretty person :love2:

mijumaru
Learner
Learner

Post by mijumaru »

lips clearly has a problem with inconsistency since she starts off raving about Estee, and then subsequently trashing her worse and worse with every post.. too funny.

but I love Estee c: she's just so funny, and ayyyy a fellow Candian!

nightritual
Debater
Debater

Post by nightritual »

Ok that '50 random facts' video made me like her a lot. I always liked her but sometimes I didn't really "get" her but now I find her very relatable. She's one of the few beauty gurus who seems to have a rich, interesting personal life outside of beauty and youtube. I mean I feel like if I met her we could hold a conversation about a lot of different things, whereas with most gurus it would be "...so...how about that urban decay?"

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

I liked her random facts video too! I don't dislike her beauty videos, but they've seemed a little bland lately. I think I'd like it if Estee did more of a lifestyle/personality channel with occasional beauty features. I love all of her non-beauty videos, especially the antiquing ones, and silly stuff with Aslan. They make her seem a lot more relateable than the beauty videos, I think.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

I dunno, I think 23 is old enough to be making enough money to spend on expensive things. What gets me mostly is she's still apparently a student - if she worked full time I'd understand the spending more.

Post by Guest »

I always think it is better to buy from a good brand. But what I don't get are the multiples she buys. If you make a careful choice you can use one high end product for an entire year or more and nothing else. These girls buy stuff so they have something to talk about. Suddenly she likes shiny lips. Glossy lips always look trashy. Just say no to the gloss.

IWasThere
Lurker
Lurker

Post by IWasThere »

I don't watch her very often but is she the one who met her boyfriend through some chat site?

morningglory23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by morningglory23 »

estee can do no wrong in my book. very relatable and a natural on camera.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Essie is probably one of my favourite youtubers. Like morningglory23 said she is very relatable and natural on camera. :D
I find her to be really funny and down to earth and it's just so refreshing compared to over beauty youtubers that are around like Tanya Burr etc.
I really hope that at some point she will cut her hair. I think she has a beautiful face and would look great with a short bob or at least shoulder length. Her hair is really thin and fine and I know she has said she wants to grow it down to her waist, but from what I've seen she never does anything with her hair and it just kind of hangs there limply. Being down to her waist isn't going to improve that. I'm a huge fan of long hair, but just don't think it's working for her at the moment.
I do think she goes overboard on all the highend skincare and wonder if that's because she gets sent most of it for free? I hope not. I often find it hard watching youtubers when it's clear they haven't had to pay out for a product. It's probably much easier to love a face serum if you haven't had to shell out £60 of your own money for it! :P

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Forgot to mention..
I noticed she had been tweeting fleurdeforce and was also fangirling over MissGlamourazzi recently, and my heart sank a little each time I saw this. I really like Essie how she is but have noticed a trend with many youtubers that as they become more and more popular they manage to become more immature and unlikable. (yes I mean you Ingrid and Tanya.)
Essie doesn't seem to be like this yet though and seems to have her feet firmly on the ground. I hope she stays true to herself and doesn't change too much and become one of the clones in the beauty youtubing world. The moment she starts wearing the obligatory Michael Kors rose Gold watch I'll be saying goodbye. ;)

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

Nin wrote:The moment she starts wearing the obligatory Michael Kors rose Gold watch I'll be saying goodbye. ;)
IA. Do not like that thought. Please just say NO to the MK watch trend, Estee!!!

Post by Guest »

She will probably dump her guy like she did at Christmas and head for LA to be one of the gang.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

boston61 wrote:She will probably dump her guy like she did at Christmas and head for LA to be one of the gang.

Damn...harsh. :? That's such a ridiculous statement.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”