What are you reading right now?

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by whereicomefrom »

Just started The Circle by by Dave Eggers. Found it on NYtimes best of 2013 list.
Before that I read The Husband's Secret by Liana Moriarty which was okay, nothing special,
and before that re-read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

liella
Talker
Talker

Post by liella »

Re-reading The Hobbit for the 50th time :)
Giuro solennemente io sono fino a nulla di buono..
glasgow

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

hustle rose~ wrote:The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.
I don't understand why people worship this book. Its ok at best. Maybe if I was younger it would appeal to me some more? Who knows.

I KNOW. I'm in the age bracket it was written for and I was so excited to read this book but it was really just a giant disappointment.
There is a thin, semantic, line separating weird and beautiful, and that line is covered in jellyfish.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

I've just finished reading Catcher in the Rye and I'm thinking about going back to Revolutionary Road. I started it a few months ago, got halfway through but then got a bit lost... maybe because I genuinely HATE all of the characters. Wah.

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by VogueForBreakfast »

Women by Charles Bukowski

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. It's freaking me out though haha. Daytime read only!

Missindependo
Informer
Informer

Post by Missindependo »

kittykat wrote:Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. It's freaking me out though haha. Daytime read only!
Gillian Flynn is great at making you nervous lol. I just finished reading Gone Girl a few weeks ago. I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I'm starting The Mortal Instruments series. I've been on the damn waitlist for this book since MARCH ((I won't buy a book unless I read it and enjoy it. weird, I know, but it's something I've always done)) Twice I had it on the holdshelf at my library and someone snatched it before I got there, so I finally had to call the library and ask them to hold my orders behind the desk and check my ID. Now nearly a year late I finally get to start my series lol

I've been on a 19th c. Brit Lit kick for about 6 months, so I need some Teen Fic to bring me back to the 21st century lol

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

How to Win Friends and Influence People
It's soooo boring. I hate books like these where they teach you things by giving you a million examples of bits of history (if that makes sense, people who've read it know). 48 Laws of Power was like that too and I couldn't finish it.
Someone who's read this book, please tell me it gets better? I can't get myself past Chapter 1 but on the other hand I heard it's such a useful life changing book :(

mtbjp
Learner
Learner

Post by mtbjp »

News from the empire by Fernando del Paso

Aubade
Debater
Debater

Post by Aubade »

I've been on a readingcraze the last week, finished Skippy Dies, read To Kill a Mockingbird and the Ocean at the End of the Lane.

I am now reading Great Expectations for my 19th century lit course, i'm only a few chapters in but I'm not enjoying it so far.

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

Timebound by Rysa Walker

It's my first time travel book (time travel confuses me to no end for some reason) and it's YA. I'm not too far into it, but so far I think it's pretty interesting and nothing has annoyed me (which often happens with YA) so far!

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

Just finished Memoirs Aren't Fairytales It was meh. I mean, I really loved the content (I'm a sucker for an addiction story) but some of it was just sooooo unrealistic. (It's actually purely fiction, despite the confusing title)

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

Flyy Girl

An old urban book but still a classic and favorite

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

GoGoYuBari wrote:Flyy Girl

You think a book written in 1993 is old? Wow, where has the time gone? :/

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

Kleineganz wrote:
GoGoYuBari wrote:Flyy Girl

You think a book written in 1993 is old? Wow, where has the time gone? :/
Come on now...I know how I wrote it makes it seem like I'm saying it (and me) are ancient but that was not my intent at all.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
I'm about half way through, I really like it so far!

I have so many books on my Kindle, its getting overwhelming. I've been slacking on my reading ever since I started Pokemon X. :?

Upnorth
Learner
Learner

Post by Upnorth »

Just read Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, I realllly enjoyed it. It was a great way to tell us what happened to Dan Torrance after The Shining and it was interesting, I'd reccommend it to anyone but read The Shining first :D

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

Allegiant .. Why is it so...boring and terrible all of a sudden? I loved Divergent and Insurgent so i don't know what happened. The main thing that bothers me is that you can read Four's perspective. It is soo... cringe-worthy. I don't know why! I had like the biggest crush on Four. it's so weird. and i'm only a few chapters so far but it just doesn't interest me.. but i have to force my self to read further .. i want to know the ending but like this third book's ratings are shitty so uhhhh

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Missindependo wrote:
kittykat wrote:Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. It's freaking me out though haha. Daytime read only!
Gillian Flynn is great at making you nervous lol. I just finished reading Gone Girl a few weeks ago. I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loved Gone Girl. There was one part of that book that literally made me like jump because it surprised/startled me so much, and I don't even know why. I'm onto reading Dark Places now. Gillian Flynn is so talented! I need more books from her! :P

Now that I've finished Sharp Objects, I can say that the rest of the book didn't really scare me, but there was one part towards the beginning that just left me kind of creeped out.

Return to “Literature”