Buynowbloglater

thrillah
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Buynowbloglater

Post by thrillah »

double post... lovely wedding photo's and lovely dress. i would have expected something much more tacky from miss lollipop

BlueEyesBlondeHair
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BlueEyesBlondeHair »

now we know why shes so rich...its her 'mister' lol he looks arab (those guys are totally minted) and im guessing hes the reason shes living the high life in dubai. i used to love her first blog and youtube videos she was really relatable but now i cannot relate to having a 4,000 pound bag and most things designer, she used to seem really down to earth and now i just dont get that vibe anymore. she also used to be more fun, i think she was the reason everyone jumped on the fake rocco off ebay bandwagon. but now she has the real one. bitch. lol.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

^ She's a bitch for owning the real one? Okay.....

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

-P- wrote:^ She's a bitch for owning the real one? Okay.....
I think that was joke :)

anyway, I think she has a job in Dubai because of herself and can afford designer stuff because she worked for it. Her husband worked in London, right? At least that's the impression I got from his twitter.

Itsasecret
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Itsasecret »

If she can afford the handbags then good for her.
I really miss her youtube videos. I doubt she will start them again though.

jasminelovenars
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasminelovenars »

Generally I like Laura's blog but I think her old lollipop26 blog was better. I wish she would do some more beauty posts like face of the days on her buynowbloglater website I miss the old girl who got excited about shopping at sallys and ordering opi from ebay, but now its all about her latest designer handbag/shoes that she purchases. (Not begrudging her success I get the impression she works very hard so its her choice to spend her money how she wishes)

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

agree, her content is boring now imo!

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I often see things on her blog that I love, like the last few Reiss skirts she has blogged, but I miss her YT channel.

SaySorry
Learner
Learner

Post by SaySorry »

BlueEyesBlondeHair wrote:now we know why shes so rich...its her 'mister' lol he looks arab (those guys are totally minted) and im guessing hes the reason shes living the high life in dubai.
I doubt her husband is the reason she has money. He does work for a very big company but they are in the same field so its not like he is "minted" because he "looks arab". And she's in Dubai for work, not because of her husband. The other poster was right and he did used to live and work in London; even went to school there. On Twitter, she's mentioned several times (before moving to Dubai) about having to travel there for work and then eventually said she had to move there full-time for work.

I get what you mean though, about how she seems to have changed and is in to more designer things. A part of that might be because she lives in Dubai and carrying a fake Rocco there is not the same as carrying a fake Rocco in the UK so she feels the pressure to live the Dubai lifestyle. That and now that she's married, her and her husband live off of a combined income so she feels more comfortable spending. Or maybe she got a raise for having to move to Dubai. Who knows but I have wondered that my self!

I do enjoy her blog and twitter though. She has a good sense of humor and a fun writing style. I miss the old lollipop26 but she's older now and older than a lot of the youtube/blogging community so I think it was a logical transition for her. I was actually surprised she quiet YT for good since most of the people who said they were going to quit, came back within a few weeks. She must have really hated the old GG lol I mean she never even told us she got engaged or married until way after the fact! Impressive tbh.

jasminelovenars
Lurker
Lurker

SaySorry wrote:
BlueEyesBlondeHair wrote:now we know why shes so rich...its her 'mister' lol he looks arab (those guys are totally minted) and im guessing hes the reason shes living the high life in dubai.
I doubt her husband is the reason she has money. He does work for a very big company but they are in the same field so its not like he is "minted" because he "looks arab". And she's in Dubai for work, not because of her husband. The other poster was right and he did used to live and work in London; even went to school there. On Twitter, she's mentioned several times (before moving to Dubai) about having to travel there for work and then eventually said she had to move there full-time for work.

I get what you mean though, about how she seems to have changed and is in to more designer things. A part of that might be because she lives in Dubai and carrying a fake Rocco there is not the same as carrying a fake Rocco in the UK so she feels the pressure to live the Dubai lifestyle. That and now that she's married, her and her husband live off of a combined income so she feels more comfortable spending. Or maybe she got a raise for having to move to Dubai. Who knows but I have wondered that my self!

I do enjoy her blog and twitter though. She has a good sense of humor and a fun writing style. I miss the old lollipop26 but she's older now and older than a lot of the youtube/blogging community so I think it was a logical transition for her. I was actually surprised she quiet YT for good since most of the people who said they were going to quit, came back within a few weeks. She must have really hated the old GG lol I mean she never even told us she got engaged or married until way after the fact! Impressive tbh.

I admire the fact that she keeps her personal life off the internet. I think that one of the reasons why she is super private is because people at her work found out about her old lollipop26 blog and channel (I remember her mentioning this on twitter ages ago) so maybe she was embarrassed and worried that she would be taken less seriously

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

^ That's a valid point, and the reason why she hasn't come any videos either since, doubt she ever will again. Mouldyfruit is friends with her and said she would do a vlog with her, but never did.. I miss her videos a ton.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I adore Laura. Still miss her videos on YT so much. I highly doubt her increasingly designer wardrobe is down to her husband being minted. Laura always seemed to have a great job for which she eventually moved to Dubai. I think the change in her lifestyle is due to a combination of things. As we get further in our careers, everyone generally starts to earn more $$. When people get married and split the cost of living, again that usually amounts to more $$ especially when there are no children involved. And finally, I used to live in Dubai. I grew up there. People who go there from Europe/NA generally make a KILLING as far as salary goes. If Laura was eventually recruited to Dubai and asked to move there full time, you better believe they threw $$$ her way. Not only that but it's very common in situations like that for the employer to pay for your accommodations. So you have nothing to worry about except feeding yourself. And also, you are not taxed on your income in Dubai!!! Your gross pay lands safely in your account without the government wanting a piece of the pie. So take all this into consideration and you can see why she seems to be rolling in money now. GOOD FOR HER!!!

Can someone tell me what Mouldyfruit does? She is always travelling and I can't seem to find anywhere where she mentions how/why she travels so much and what her job is? Does anyone know more about how she and Laura came to be friends?

takenbythesea
Talker
Talker

Post by takenbythesea »

No idea what MouldyFruit does, think she worked at Space NK for a while, but she didn't get a job after graduating uni.

Pretty sure her and Laura became friends just through blogging, she sucked up to Laura big time. Same with the others - Tali (Gloss Goss), Bubblegarm etc.

jasminelovenars
Lurker
Lurker

I have just read her 25 facts about me tag/post thing on her blog and it was nice of her to share some stuff about herself as she is always so private, it made her a bit more personable and down to earth as she writes in a funny way it reminded me of her old lollipop26 videos days :D

http://www.buynowbloglater.com/2013/06/ ... ut-me.html

jasminelovenars
Lurker
Lurker

MakeupLover wrote:I adore Laura. Still miss her videos on YT so much. I highly doubt her increasingly designer wardrobe is down to her husband being minted. Laura always seemed to have a great job for which she eventually moved to Dubai. I think the change in her lifestyle is due to a combination of things. As we get further in our careers, everyone generally starts to earn more $$. When people get married and split the cost of living, again that usually amounts to more $$ especially when there are no children involved. And finally, I used to live in Dubai. I grew up there. People who go there from Europe/NA generally make a KILLING as far as salary goes. If Laura was eventually recruited to Dubai and asked to move there full time, you better believe they threw $$$ her way. Not only that but it's very common in situations like that for the employer to pay for your accommodations. So you have nothing to worry about except feeding yourself. And also, you are not taxed on your income in Dubai!!! Your gross pay lands safely in your account without the government wanting a piece of the pie. So take all this into consideration and you can see why she seems to be rolling in money now. GOOD FOR HER!!!
Totally agree with this (a friend of mine took a job in Saudi Arabia and a similar sort of thing happened) also he worked at Dubai for a while on a short term contract and he told me that the culture of a expat place like Dubai is all about working hard and playing hard so its common for people to splash the cash (tax free) on designer items which up until now they might now have been able to afford

SaySorry
Learner
Learner

Post by SaySorry »

Since someone linked her 25 facts, I decided to skim through the comments, purely out of boredom and came across this:
--
pinky_mesha17 June 2013 13:14
you did a law degree??
would it be in anyway possible to share more about that and moving on to a different career post that please?
ive currently completed my second year and have detested every minute of it so far, i honestly cant think of what to do or how to.
This post has been the best so far! x

Replies

Laura20 June 2013 09:39
email me! i am happy to help. I hated my degree until the final year and then decided I wanted to move into something more creative. The great thing about law is that it's such a useful degree in terms of analytical thinking - there isn't a career where it doesn't have value.
--

I am actually really blown away with her response, offering to take the time out of her day to give advice to a complete stranger. I mean Laura works full-time, blogs, deals with sponsors, Roger (harhar), etc so I think its really sweet that she'll still take the time to personally offer her help like that through e-mail! The most I have ever seen youtubers or bloggers do is just respond to a few comments on youtube and thats it. None of them ever e-mails their viewers/readers! It is very sweet and extremely refreshing to see that someone who has a massive amount of readers hasn't let it get to their head.

whatthewhat
Learner
Learner

Post by whatthewhat »

I really don't have bad word to say about Laura. She seems to have a wonderful and busy life but yet remains so down to Earth & still have time for her readers. I wish more bloggers were like her tbh.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

smashthebox wrote:^ That's a valid point, and the reason why she hasn't come any videos either since, doubt she ever will again. Mouldyfruit is friends with her and said she would do a vlog with her, but never did.. I miss her videos a ton.
yeah i miss her videos too, she does seem like she has a seriously good head on her shoulders & thats rare.

eviewoodwood
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by eviewoodwood »

wild4thenight wrote:
smashthebox wrote:^ That's a valid point, and the reason why she hasn't come any videos either since, doubt she ever will again. Mouldyfruit is friends with her and said she would do a vlog with her, but never did.. I miss her videos a ton.
yeah i miss her videos too, she does seem like she has a seriously good head on her shoulders & thats rare.
I really miss her old videos. However in the sea of 'look at me, look at me, look at me' v/bloggers flogging everything they own, she is an absolute breath of fresh air. I love she doesn't take herself too seriously too. I also really trust her recommendations. (hmmmm I may have fangirled too hard there!)

lanaroady
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lanaroady »

Fatma wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm
Did she get married? I don't recall her mentioning anything about on her blog.
Its All about the recall version which you made and effect easily

Return to “Adored Bloggers”