Freelea/30 bananas a day

amandajay
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Freelea/30 bananas a day

Post by amandajay »

I'm not sure it has ever been discussed here, but I recently came across her 9/11 video. She blamed fat people for killing all the thin people on 9/11. That was enough to throw me right over the edge.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

There's another thread on her here: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=17337
Is it possible to merge both threads?

no1partyanthem
Learner
Learner

Post by no1partyanthem »

I've only seen a couple of Freelee's celebrity diet review videos so I don't really know much about her.

But does anyone know why exactly she eats 15 (or whatever?) bananas a day? I'm not a nutritionist but how is that healthy and a balanced diet? Surely she is consuming too much potassium. I am a vegan on a healthy home cooked diet and I don't eat over 20000 calories a day. That would be too much.

She is right that being a vegan is ethical and healthy. So I am glad someone is saying it.

Her attitude seems to be a bit weird though for some reason. I am speculating that maybe it's because she feels guilt and shame for being a meat-eater before (not too sure of her past?) and so that comes across in her attitude. I think if she was secure and had come to terms with her past and gotten over her guilt then maybe she could get her message across better. She seems kinda...manic about it. Yes it is an important issue but I think she could be still really passionate but just come across a bit more refined just in something about her overall attitude.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ I hate how she promotes eating 2500/3000 calories a day because she fails to mention her and Harley burn around 1000 of that cycling if not more. If you are sedentary you will gain weight with that amount and keep it on, and no, it's not "metabolic damage", it's you eating too many calories and not expending enough. Honestly, she's a sugar addict and has a massive sweet tooth, and it's annoying to see so many young people on youtube blindly following her diet to a t. You can be vegan and not eat that amount of fruit lol. Personally I'm not a sweet person so one banana and one date would be more than enough for me, FOR DESSERT lol. I can't imagine eating that much sugar a day, I don't care what the source is.

BellaNina
Informer
Informer

Post by BellaNina »

It's not normal to eat too many bananas, 2-3 are max in one day.

Tapatalk signature: English is not my first language.
English is not my first language

kittensnout

Post by kittensnout »

I cannot deal with this silly female. She made a video about anorexia and basically said it doesn't have to happen, they should just eat a bunch of vegan crap and they'll be magically healthy again! Get over yourself, it's a mental illness not a diet choice.

Also as much as I'm not overly keen on "Princess panic attack Zoella the situation avoider" the whole YOU BETTER GO VEGAN CUS YOU LOVE YOUR DOG video was a bitchy and childish attack on one persons lifestyle choices. She should be aiming at people as a whole not singling out people.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Holy hell!

Freelee's Zoelle video appeared on my YT main page just now. I haven't watched Freelea in ages, but I couldn't help but click on this video.

Has Freelea lost her grip on reality? Does this woman actually think publicly shaming people is going to inspire them to change their lifestyle? Is this chick genuinely that much of a fundamentalist that she believes all non-vegans are horrible people?

Personally, I think she learned from Harley that stirring up shit on YT funds all those boxes of bananas and trips to Thailand. It's so much easier and more fun to make videos portraying yourself as a crazy, loud mouth dipshit than to actually, say, get a job.

She is such a vile and angry person. Someone like that can't possibly truly care about the well being of animals let alone people. I think she gets a huge thrill out of getting a reaction from people.

I don't know much about Zoella. I've only watched, maybe two, of her videos. But wow, I feel so bad for her--finding herself in Freelea's cross hairs.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

After seeing Freelee's videos, I feel so awful for Zoella. I don't really watch her videos anymore but it just seems so gross that Freelee was taking credit for her panic attack after she posted the video.
In the first video she used a snapshot of Zoella crying for her thumbnail and called her a hypocrite in the title.

Using someone's mental illness for your personal gain? That's just fucking disgusting.
(What you think of Zoella and her anxiety is a whole another discussion, however.)

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Presence wrote:Holy hell!

Freelee's Zoelle video appeared on my YT main page just now. I haven't watched Freelea in ages, but I couldn't help but click on this video.

Has Freelea lost her grip on reality? Does this woman actually think publicly shaming people is going to inspire them to change their lifestyle? Is this chick genuinely that much of a fundamentalist that she believes all non-vegans are horrible people?

Personally, I think she learned from Harley that stirring up shit on YT funds all those boxes of bananas and trips to Thailand. It's so much easier and more fun to make videos portraying yourself as a crazy, loud mouth dipshit than to actually, say, get a job.

She is such a vile and angry person. Someone like that can't possibly truly care about the well being of animals let alone people. I think she gets a huge thrill out of getting a reaction from people.

I don't know much about Zoella. I've only watched, maybe two, of her videos. But wow, I feel so bad for her--finding herself in Freelea's cross hairs.
I def think that's their mentality (pretty sure they've admitted to it) but idk why they pretend those views are coming from people who actually want to go vegan or are interested in veganism. The only reason they like to make baity videos is because it gives them a paycheck, bottom line. I think Freelea used to mean well sometimes but it's clear that her videos are now just for a paycheck and Harley is a troll and she'd probably be better off without him. He attacks teenagers on social media constantly.

I also think they could benefit from cracking open a psychology textbook, so sick of seeing their views on eating disorders and mental health in general being mimicked by younger girls on youtube. They basically seem to think mental health is all a choice, it's ignorant and damaging.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Freelee is absolutely disgusting, I can't stand her. I myself really am not much of a meat eater, but she's just fucking crazy and thinks everyone in the world should be like her and not eat meat and go full on vegan.

Vegan is a lifestyle choice and not everyone wants to do it. It's also pretty hard to make the change to being a vegan at first; I have a buddy of mine who's Vegan and has been for over a year and sometimes she'll still tell me things like "Oh my god I have such a craving for turkey right now" and has even admitted she's slipped a few times on the diet. It's hard for people to make that adjustment sometimes. The video about Zoella was just ridiculous.

*End Rant*

CorgTayto
Debater
Debater

Post by CorgTayto »

I'd never watched this person until that Zoella video landed in my recommended videos on YouTube. WTF is this person's deal? It's one thing to promote a healthy, vegan lifestyle for yourself and to answer questions or provide tips for others who might be interested in that lifestyle, but publicly shaming another YouTuber for their eating habits, and then making a follow up video about being blocked by that person and essentially taking credit for giving them a panic attack? That is demented. I'm not a huge Zoella fan, but no one deserves that. Not everyone wants to live that lifestyle. I looked back through Freelee's most recent videos and it's obvious that she is making videos that are click-bait - using big name / popular YouTubers to get views. It's sick and just plain hateful on her part. What she's doing doesn't come from a place of true compassion or helpfulness.

no1partyanthem
Learner
Learner

Post by no1partyanthem »

Does she really think that publicly shaming these celebrities is going to make them personally turn vegan? If they are going to turn vegan then it would be because they have have decided it's the right thing to do morally and for themselves. If there's this crazy person telling them what to do then I don't think that's going to help them. It might seem petty but I hate it when someone tells me what to do who isn't even my friend. It just makes me not want to do it. There must be a better way of raising awareness and educating people about veganism than this. And the second Zoella video was disgusting the way she showed a clip of Zoe crying and mentions her anxiety. What the hell?

I think that Freelee has some serious issues. I wish she could conduct herself with some grace.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

no1partyanthem wrote:Does she really think that publicly shaming these celebrities is going to make them personally turn vegan? If they are going to turn vegan then it would be because they have have decided it's the right thing to do morally and for themselves.
nope. if you noticed, Freelee is pretty much about click-bait. she screeches about other celebrities or youtubers to add to that click-bait barrel. she wants views. she wants to be talked about. honestly, deep down, i really don't think she is as passionate about vegan-ism as she claims to be. its a niche she can excel in. i'm not saying she doesn't care about vegan-ism...but the thirst for fame is greater than the poor animals other people put on their plates for dinner. if she was, she would be more active in the cause, and using her "influence" for good, to educate herself more, and to educate her followers more on how to be a healthy vegan and get the proper nutrients in the body.

the woman has some serious issues.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

luvey wrote: nope. if you noticed, Freelee is pretty much about click-bait. she screeches about other celebrities or youtubers to add to that click-bait barrel. she wants views. she wants to be talked about. honestly, deep down, i really don't think she is as passionate about vegan-ism as she claims to be. its a niche she can excel in. i'm not saying she doesn't care about vegan-ism...but the thirst for fame is greater than the poor animals other people put on their plates for dinner. if she was, she would be more active in the cause, and using her "influence" for good, to educate herself more, and to educate her followers more on how to be a healthy vegan and get the proper nutrients in the body.

the woman has some serious issues.
I totally agree. It was just a few years ago when she was all about raw food to the extreme. Now, she never talks about eating raw.

I'd love to know her backstory. Why is she so damaged and why is she (still) in a relationship with such a repulsive man?

Cat_Lady22
Informer
Informer

Post by Cat_Lady22 »

She and Harley used be drug addicts, I know that much. IIRC, she had an eating disorder a while ago, too.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

BornThisWay94 wrote:Freelee is absolutely disgusting, I can't stand her. I myself really am not much of a meat eater, but she's just fucking crazy and thinks everyone in the world should be like her and not eat meat and go full on vegan.

Vegan is a lifestyle choice and not everyone wants to do it. It's also pretty hard to make the change to being a vegan at first; I have a buddy of mine who's Vegan and has been for over a year and sometimes she'll still tell me things like "Oh my god I have such a craving for turkey right now" and has even admitted she's slipped a few times on the diet. It's hard for people to make that adjustment sometimes. The video about Zoella was just ridiculous.

*End Rant*
Sorry but going vegan is not a hard decision to make, nor is it simply a "lifestyle choice". If you felt passionate about the abuse and slaughter of animals why wouldn't you not try to promote the omission of consumption of animal products? Honestly all you non vegans come out with such prejudiced nonsense about our ethical stance,

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

liseppe wrote: Sorry but going vegan is not a hard decision to make, nor is it simply a "lifestyle choice". If you felt passionate about the abuse and slaughter of animals why wouldn't you not try to promote the omission of consumption of animal products? Honestly all you non vegans come out with such prejudiced nonsense about our ethical stance,
Sorry but no.
While choosing to go vegan can be an easy choice for you to make, it isn't an across the board easy choice for everyone. Sure ethically, it would be a no brainer for some. For health and wellness, it isn't always the case. Every single body is different and has different needs, and although most vegans don't want to hear this, but some bodies do need animal protein for functioning properly. I admit i am not a dietitian, nor a nutritionist, or a doctor...and you are more than welcome to dismiss this. As someone who cut out meat decades ago, i've slowly started to add bits back in, because my body felt better with it. As i've aged, my body feels the need to add red meat for those nutrients i'm lacking. A friend of mine who was a vegan....and a raw foodist, got so sick and had various health issues until her doctor asked her to add animal protein back in her diet. She still eats mostly vegan during the week, but with the animal protein added in...it has helped her health. (and that is the key, mostly plant base, with bits of animal proteins)

So as a non vegan, i absolutely support the vegan's ethical stance, i respect it.....but as someone in the wellness industry, i don't see the "one diet fits all" mentality, because our bodies are not a "one size fits all" clones.

no1partyanthem
Learner
Learner

Post by no1partyanthem »

liseppe wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:Freelee is absolutely disgusting, I can't stand her. I myself really am not much of a meat eater, but she's just fucking crazy and thinks everyone in the world should be like her and not eat meat and go full on vegan.

*End Rant*
Sorry but going vegan is not a hard decision to make, nor is it simply a "lifestyle choice". If you felt passionate about the abuse and slaughter of animals why wouldn't you not try to promote the omission of consumption of animal products? Honestly all you non vegans come out with such prejudiced nonsense about our ethical stance,
Totally agree. If someone really wants to make a change in their life then it will be easy. Eating meat is not physically addictive. If they had really set their minds to it would be easy to give up eating meat and they would feel better for it for whatever reason they decided to in the first place. Once you really make that decision for the right reasons for you and to do the moral thing then it would not be difficult. There's nothing difficult about it. If you are struggling to stop yourself from doing what you apparently want then you obviously just don't really want it. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for you. The same with people who say they want to exercise, stop eating junk food and lose weight or people who say they want to stop smoking. If they truly wanted to then it would be easy for them. Think about it. It is true.

CinnamonShe
Debater
Debater

Post by CinnamonShe »

no1partyanthem wrote:Totally agree. If someone really wants to make a change in their life then it will be easy. Eating meat is not physically addictive. If they had really set their minds to it would be easy to give up eating meat and they would feel better for it for whatever reason they decided to in the first place. Once you really make that decision for the right reasons for you and to do the moral thing then it would not be difficult. There's nothing difficult about it. If you are struggling to stop yourself from doing what you apparently want then you obviously just don't really want it. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for you. The same with people who say they want to exercise, stop eating junk food and lose weight or people who say they want to stop smoking. If they truly wanted to then it would be easy for them. Think about it. It is true.
That's a pat answer and untrue. It might be easy for some people to change. I've known smokers who desperately want to quit. Many have made solid attempts and then resumed the habit. It's not easy when those chemicals have been acting on one's brain for some time. It's the same with certain foods. Throw in emotional/psychological issues, and there's more to address. Not everyone has the fortitude to make an easy shift, even when the need or desire is there. It can be done, but it's not always easy or simple.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

In coming lengthy rant, I have a lot to say. haha

But why is being vegan "not a lifestyle choice"? You're eliminating animal products from your life, not just in your food, but in your household items, your furniture, the clothes and makeup you wear, etc. A lot of people go about their day without even putting any type of thought into how much meat/animal products they eat in a day, or what products are in the daily items they consume. There was a point where I never actually thought of it.

Sure, for some people being vegan can be easy. But I wouldn't say that's the case for everyone.
First of all, take in to consideration of other people's cultures. I'm black, and my mom's family is from Louisiana. I grew up around creole and soul food, which contains a lot of animal products. In high school, when I told my grandmother I was a vegetarian and couldn't eat her gumbo she got extremely angry and said I was being rude and ridiculous. (For some people, not eating food when someone is providing hospitality is considered to be rude.) Although I though my grandmother was being mean, I felt some amount of guilt of rejecting part of my culture.

23.5 million Americans live in food deserts. They don't have access to the foods that will provide them a healthy vegan diet. Telling people who may live in that situation it's easy to be vegan is disingenuous.

It's also hard because there animal products in items some people would probably never think about. Certain beers have fish extracts. McDonald's fries their french fries with beef stock. Some makeup products have animal products in them, even if they say they don't test on animals.

As someone else said it's a hard habit to kick. When you eat meat your entire life, you've formed a habit. And it takes time to kick that habit, no matter how hard they try. The example someone else used of a long time smoker was perfect.
If you watched Cowspiracy and Earthlings and became vegan the next day, congratulations. Some people don't have that such luck.

The judgement non-vegans have against vegans comes from the fact that prominent vegans like Freelee aren't very understanding these people or where they are in their lives. All they see is an "asshole who eats meat" so to speak. Let's not forget how Freelee made a video saying people who eat meat don't deserve to live. Vegan Gains laughed at Furious Pete's remission, because he eats meat. In one of Gary Yourofsky's videos, he basically called black people hypocrites for protesting police brutality when they go home and eat meat at the end of the day. When these people are the face of the vegan community on YouTube, it's hard not to pass judgement.

Return to “freelee the banana girl”