Pity Me Pastel Pigeon-Hoarder: The Snark Stays - Part 5

Eehhhh
Informer
Informer

Re: Pity Me Pastel Pigeon-Hoarder: The Snark Stays - Part 5

Post by Eehhhh »

Oh my god, are those messages meant to paint her in a good light?

Her: "I want kids or I need another man"
Dan: "I love you and I believe in you"

Am I going mad???

Pokeyblonde
Learner
Learner

Post by Pokeyblonde »

Wow there’s a lot to unpack from all of this.

If she was so worried about the mortgage and it was something she never wanted, she should’ve put her earnings into paying it off instead of spending it so recklessly on surgeries and designer clothing.

Why would her friends straight up think she’s lying about this ‘traumatic’ phone call? Why did Dan have his work shirt in his suitcase in Tas? How did she expect Dan to take care of SO many animals when he worked long hours? She said in a video she didn’t want to return to Sydney for her furniture, but then cries when Dan puts it into storage. So many inconsistencies.

Eyriequeerie
Talker
Talker

Post by Eyriequeerie »

dancingshoes wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:31 pm
New stories
Screenshot_20230421_092953_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230421_092957_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230421_093003_Instagram.jpg
This doesn't come off like him manipulating her, this seems like her manipulating him? And he asked her to wait because he loves her? Idk I'm not getting red flags from that conversation from him. I'm getting them from her 'cause she's giving him an "or else" type of situation to be in.....

ArtemisH93
Learner
Learner

Post by ArtemisH93 »

This whole story makes me angry, tbh. I'm about to rant. 

Never once does Alex acknowledge that Dan's job is important to him. She talks over and over about how she was the one pushing for smart financial decisions but not taking his job into account whatsoever. Commuting is a major deal. Getting a new job is a major deal. The fact that he was even considering leaving his job to move to Taz with her is sort of proof of how invested he must have been in making their marriage work. 

Furthermore, what about her own job? Is she really going to gloss over the bedroom they dedicated to her wardrobe as her filming space? That was her job. Or it used to be, and filming their aesthetic house was a part of that. But she's not going to acknowledge that? You're not going to get those same aesthetic youtube videos from a granny flat. I'm pretty sure some of the recent vids are proof of that.

Not to mention the insane hyper-consumerism on her channel, but she was the one pushing for financial security. Ok. 

She talks about the new town being so much better and more affordable, where she wants to raise her family, but then tosses in at the end that she's been through multiple rentals and been "broken into on multiple occasions, and does not feel safe." I can't with her. She doesn't seem to have a lot of self awareness. She up and left her marriage for Taz, and makes it out to be Dan's fault for not following her. There are reasons people don't want to live there, she just refuses to see it. Even when it happens to her. 

Not to mention, moving or downsizing would have been extremely difficult or impossible given the pure amount of stuff she owned, which she definitely would have demanded if she had done so at any point with Dan.

This phone incident comment?? What is she playing at? She just wants people to know Dan's a bad guy without explaining? Nope. I certainly think that's possible, I'm sure Dan is no saint even though I'm defending him here, but given her own friends didn't believe her, I sure don't. 

Based on her series of events, Dan only turned to divorce after she was with Claye. To say "he could see how much better she is doing physically and mentally" when she was literally introducing her new boyfriend to her husband is ??? Insane? It's insane. I'm so glad whoever posted that timeline before because I knew we'd need receipts. She wasn't getting better, she was running from her problems, self-medicating, and getting new dick.

I think Dan saw the writing on the wall. I think he did everything he could to keep their marriage together, but she was living in fantasy land. And when he realized she was not only not trying, but was actively pursuing other people he decided enough was enough and split. Divorce sucks but so do you, Alex.

dancingshoes
Informer
Informer

Post by dancingshoes »

Speculation, but from the sounds of what she's said, it actually sounds like she was trying, subconsciously or not, to trap him with a baby.
I had the thought reading her stories about what happened, seeing the texts made it seem a hell of a lot more likely to me.

Alices Rabbithole
Debater
Debater

Post by Alices Rabbithole »

I'm pretty sure that she has just taken what we have been saying on here, and turned it into a sob story. Still being a professional victim. This is just a story- not a statement.

ALR10
Learner
Learner

Post by ALR10 »

After reading that the divorce was inevitable

lillibet234
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lillibet234 »

dancingshoes wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:44 pm
Speculation, but from the sounds of what she's said, it actually sounds like she was trying, subconsciously or not, to trap him with a baby.
I had the thought reading her stories about what happened, seeing the texts made it seem a hell of a lot more likely to me.
A glue baby, one that keeps a relationship together (or perceived as)

I'm shook, but don't buy all of it.

Perhaps that phonecall was translated by alex as something else, her reactions lost her friends.

There were cracks in 2016 from that story, who knows what really happened. I can imagine her mental health right now didn't help, that could have effected dans decisions on the house etc?

kuromimelody
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kuromimelody »

This is my first time posting on this but the “receipts” she posted of messages between them make her out to be more of the abuser in this situation?? is she not basically saying “you have to give me what i want, the future i want depends on you and if i don’t get what i want then i’ll have to find someone else and it may be too late by then”?

nnfrrr
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nnfrrr »

It's a lot A LOT.

Now I'm wondering why was she THAT happy about the house being sold if it might also mean the end of her long-term relationship--a marriage? Well she might overcompensate it, but it still feels unhinged.

Cocoapuffs4lyfe
Debater
Debater

Post by Cocoapuffs4lyfe »

I'm glad Alex finally posted her side of the story...

Unpopular opinion: I'm very critical of Alex, as my post history will verify, but I'm still willing to give her the benifit of the doubt... to a certain extent. E.g. I'm willing to believe there is some truth to her story. I also don't think we should invalidate her feelings of regret and emotional suffering from getting an abortion. While I'm 100% pro-choice, that doesn't mean I think it's an easy decision for everyone to make and to live with - needless to say.

(I do, however, question why she posted the video about house hunting in Tas, while they were probably separated. And if she wanted financial freedom, why did she spend so much money on plastic surgery? And then there's the whole Clay thing... and her old friends thing..)

While this seems to have been an extremely ugly divorce (if they're even actually divorced yet), it was definitely the right thing for them both, as far as I can tell. They obviously wanted very different things in life.

If what Alex claims is right, Dan is being somewhat hypocritical with regards to wanting to keep their Sydney home, since they probably wouldn't have been able to purchase it in the first place without Alex's much higher income. Like, that's an insanly nice house for a 30 year old engineer, is all I'm saying. (It's kinda funny when I compare it to my cousin and his partner's house, who both are engineers in their late twenties and early thirties. The house market is different here, but still..)

I wonder if you can still file for divorce in Australia, if both parties claim and agree that they've been separated for one year (even if they haven't). I don't know if the family court in Australia would actually overrule that? You can also be "separated" while living in the same house, according to the articles I read. (I'm not Australian or from a common wealth country, sooo.)

I would also like to add that Australia do have defamation laws, so I hope for Alex's sake that she's consulting a lawyer before she posts all this stuff. And if she's lying about the financial abuse and stuff, I kinda hope Dan sues her.

Apricot Pie
Learner
Learner

Post by Apricot Pie »

Wouldn't suprise me if the traumatic event was him shouting at her over the phone because he was done with her shit. Not trying, Claye, blaming him for things, you name it. After all he is in "control" of HER future.

The text messages just make her seem worse. I would LOVE to hear some Aussie IRL accounts on this fiasco

leavesandtwigs
Talker
Talker

Post by leavesandtwigs »

There is so much to unpack in all of this. Her side of the narrative is interesting, to say the least. There are some things about it that don't make sense and reek of her victimizing herself whilst ignoring her own shortcomings in the marriage (standard divorce storytelling, tbh), but the overall narrative DOES make sense. Dan promising they'll get married and have kids. Dan dragging his heels and delaying on both of those things. Alex losing her mind during the pandemic and not working anymore. Financial struggle. Alex finding what she believes is an out, Dan initially thinking this is a good idea. Dan changing his mind, realizing he doesn't want anything to do with Alex anymore. Lawyers get involved. Shitstorm ensues.

So what's missing? Well, Alex takes no responsibility for her half of the financial difficulties. She leaves out that she stopped working for like a year, while continuing to spend a pretty hefty amount of money on her boob job, designer clothing, various obsessions, etc. She laid in bed all day moping.
Basically she dropped out of her half of the marriage in all but physical presence. Also, no reason is provided for her friends all ditching her, and I don't believe that happened for no reason. Her probable cheating with Claye gets no mention. Neither do a number of other small nitpicks that I'm sure numerous people on here have brought up.

Basically, I do think the divorce is best for both of them whether they realize it or not. But I don't believe that Dan was controlling or manipulative in the ways that she implies. Mostly it sounds like he was not ready for a lot of the steps they've taken in life, and Alex pushed him into doing them anyway, and he failed to ever grow a spine and pick a direction. Until recently, that is.

leavesandtwigs
Talker
Talker

Post by leavesandtwigs »

Sorry to post again so soon, but I wanted to agree about the text messages - they make her look bad, not him! She says "my future rides on you" and he rightly corrects her to say "our future"! She is trying to pressure him into moving faster than he wants to, and he responds in literally the nicest and most understanding, reassuring way. It just shows her complete lack of ability to treat a relationship as a group project. And he's clearly a fencesitter who doesn't like taking big steps. Or maybe he knew all along they were doomed.

At this point I am seriously questioning why they even got married, they seem like they both knew they were a mismatch in terms of life milestones.

Pokeyblonde
Learner
Learner

Post by Pokeyblonde »

Throwing Caitlyn under the bus now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

leavesandtwigs
Talker
Talker

Post by leavesandtwigs »

Oh my god, she's putting Caitlyn on blast publicly now. That's genuinely a horrific thing to do, what the hell is happening to her?

dancingshoes
Informer
Informer

Post by dancingshoes »

Screenshot_20230421_101434_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bellarose
Learner
Learner

Post by bellarose »

After the new stories from her I get Amber Heard Vibes and this doesn't make the whole story better.

Eyriequeerie
Talker
Talker

Post by Eyriequeerie »

She knows exactly what she's doing with this, she's sending her rabid fans after actual other people now. If I were Dan or Caitlyn I'd be screenshotting these and suing for defamation.

She must be drinking to be putting all of this out right now or something, but it's only like 10 AM there right? This is all wild, and not making her look good at all. (And she's clearly reading here to see our response)

ALR10
Learner
Learner

Post by ALR10 »

Does she really need to show people faces to make a point? like putting her friends/ex friends on blast to her audience that will dogpile with hate, surely theres a better way to handle it.

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”