Hailey Hughes

horrorreader22
Learner
Learner

Re: Hailey Hughes

Post by horrorreader22 »

Ha, try moving up north and being all smug about "going outside." I haven't seen grass since last October. :roll:

gods_favorite
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gods_favorite »

hailey is one of my favorite booktubers but this one thing has always rubbed me the wrong way. how can she go on and on about loving extreme gore and torture and scenes where kids are mutilated and people are assaulted, but draws the line at the n word being too offensive? i'm not a fan of extreme horror by any means, but i feel like i'd be more disturbed by some of the scenes she's described than a racist character using a racist word. and her excuse is that it can trigger racial trauma but isn't the idea of extreme horror that you probably shouldn't read it if you have triggers? if anyone agrees with her on this or has any thoughts please let me know!!

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

What happened between her and Judith Sonnet?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

gods_favorite wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:43 pm
hailey is one of my favorite booktubers but this one thing has always rubbed me the wrong way. how can she go on and on about loving extreme gore and torture and scenes where kids are mutilated and people are assaulted, but draws the line at the n word being too offensive? i'm not a fan of extreme horror by any means, but i feel like i'd be more disturbed by some of the scenes she's described than a racist character using a racist word. and her excuse is that it can trigger racial trauma but isn't the idea of extreme horror that you probably shouldn't read it if you have triggers? if anyone agrees with her on this or has any thoughts please let me know!!
I'm sorry but are you stating that racism is less horrific than gore and torture? you do realize that racism and horrific imagery does go hand and hand...it's like you're oversimplifying racism

gods_favorite
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gods_favorite »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:12 pm
gods_favorite wrote:
I'm sorry but are you stating that racism is less horrific than gore and torture? you do realize that racism and horrific imagery does go hand and hand...it's like you're oversimplifying racism
no that's not what i'm saying, and i'm sorry it came off that way. i'm saying it doesn't make sense to me to be okay with and enjoy such disturbing horror but draw the line at authors using the n word, especially because she talks so much about how the point of extreme horror is to be crazy offensive and that people shouldn't read it if they have triggers. like i said i don't read extreme horror and don't understand the appeal at all, but it feels weird to me that some of her favorite books describe graphic torture and assault on children but racism crosses the line

DamnBoo69
Learner
Learner

Post by DamnBoo69 »

gods_favorite wrote:
I'm an black african american creole woman.I use to like and watch Hailey's videos but no more after seeing her true colors in discord and her videos.She even brings on the phony "white woman tears" where she is fake crying in one video because she got criticism but claims to not care.The comment section like ate it up and can't help but question the intelligence in some of her followers if they thought that was a real performance lol.In one video said she didn't bother her and that she was just trying to be a good ally.Hailey is very fake.I've seen she doesn't read judith sonnett anymore who has stopped following her.Everyone in extreme horror/splatterpunk community has seen hailey's videos.Most of us know she's not only fake but annoying and hypocritical.She continues to read from incel white male authors but quit reading judith sonnett because she stop following her says alot of about her character.She doesn't care about any of the communities and I don't think she's even bisexual I think she just says that to seem different.If the N-word triggers her why does she keep reading aron beauregard and other extreme horror authors that have the word in their books.She's everything what a Karen is.

DamnBoo69
Learner
Learner

Post by DamnBoo69 »

Batila wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:57 pm
What happened between her and Judith Sonnet?
Just Hailey being the typical backstabber now like nobody in extreme horror/splatterpunk doesn't like her

DamnBoo69
Learner
Learner

Post by DamnBoo69 »

grilledcheese_ wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:31 pm
lol her recent instagram caption "touching grass on behalf of all my haters on gurugossip who clearly need to do so".
I'll be the first to say a lot of stuff on here is petty. But critiques of her being sponsored by BetterHelp are not. It has been so harmful to so many people and the fact that she's a therapist promoting them??
It's funny when people put out this air of "these no life losers I live in their head rent free I don't care what they say about me" but she's obviously checking GG pretty frequently considering there hasn't been anything posted about her in over a month before the other day
I'm not surprised like I been saying she doesn't care about any of the communities. It's all about the dollar

bookish_genx_mom
Learner
Learner

Post by bookish_genx_mom »

gods_favorite wrote:
This I giving "racism is ok but I draw the line at animal cruelty".

Hearing someone call me a n****r is traumatic. The vitriol during the 2016 election was so traumatic I rarely left my house. It's death by a thousand cuts. It's so traumatic that it leaves markers in our DNA. The problem is white people tend of think of racism as something more passive and don't equate it the actual violence which is what it is.

happyapple13
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by happyapple13 »

gods_favorite wrote:

They are not the same thing at all. People go into extreme horror books knowing what they’re getting into, no one goes into a book expecting to see the n-word. Just because it’s extreme horror doesn’t mean “anything goes” or all trauma is the same or should elicit the same reactions.

yadda
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by yadda »

watching her videos and her love for torture and gore in extreme horror and how she speaks about it, i could only wonder how does she feel and say to her patients/clients in her therapy sessions

DamnBoo69
Learner
Learner

Post by DamnBoo69 »

yadda wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:28 pm
watching her videos and her love for torture and gore in extreme horror and how she speaks about it, i could only wonder how does she feel and say to her patients/clients in her therapy sessions
I've been on her patreon discussions where she talks about mental health and would highly NOT recommend nobody to her.I don't want to be responsible if anything were to happen to them.She doesn't belong in the field for sure

horrorreader22
Learner
Learner

Post by horrorreader22 »

omg if she says "slay" one more time

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

I could not finish the video with Daijah because of the way they were talking. it was like AAVE/drag speak/cringe internet speak overload

secretdoor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by secretdoor »

They are both queer people on the internet right? And Daijah is Black? So it kinda makes sense lol 😝

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

secretdoor wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:14 pm
They are both queer people on the internet right? And Daijah is Black? So it kinda makes sense lol 😝
Daijah being Black doesn't give Hailey a free pass to use AAVE

secretdoor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by secretdoor »

Where did I say that? Lol I just said due to their identities it makes sense they would individually use pieces of the type of language you mentioned. That’s how I talk too, ballroom terms are “Internet speak” now I guess ??

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

secretdoor wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:06 am
Where did I say that? Lol I just said due to their identities it makes sense they would individually use pieces of the type of language you mentioned. That’s how I talk too, ballroom terms are “Internet speak” now I guess ??
Oh it definitely makes sense & there's nothing wrong with incorporating these sub-languages into the way you speak! I guess the keyword in what I said is "overload" & it just sounded cringey and unnatural to me, especially coming from Hailey.
Also Daijah has criticized white people for talking like this & using AAVE in the past lol

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

And there was also a huge wake up call on booktube just last year (I think it was last year) about white booktubers using AAVE. Everyone saw the conversation happening and many white booktubers cried and changed. Pretty sure Hailey was one of them… until this video I guess

secretdoor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by secretdoor »

I feel out of the loop bc I never saw her talk about this at all. I remember Katie Colson coming under fire for this though? Maybe confusing them?

Return to “BookTube”