Dontgossippeople
Learner
Learner

Re: With Love, Leena: Part 3

Post by Dontgossippeople »

miramoutt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:23 pm
Marah is an unproblematic and loveable queen lol
I think she’s finally getting into a groove and finding her own place in social media. Theirs been more character development on her end than the three Asad’s combined. Good for her! 👏🏻

gossipgirly111
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirly111 »

itsH wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:08 am
The problem is with leenas content is that she treat it as her job which it is it’s her main income, so it’s all planned and predictable because most bloggers are doing the same thing ( it’s not spontaneous or dynamic) even her traveling is very much just like her everyday routine nothing new
I agree, I remember ages ago when she was still doing nursing her content was super fun and enjoyable, maybe that was because she was new and excited but I feel that she's just become basic now (that coupled with the exact same routine for years makes it extremely dull)

I saw someone say that Amanda has the potential to be entering a new era and grow her platform and i totally agree; she's in a new phase in her life, new house etc but she spends it doing the most mundane activities and taking in the most monotone voice. Her videos to me feel like watching paint dry and it's actually sad because she could do so much more. when she had her 9-5 job she seemed so motivated and interesting whereas now she just seems.. lost. She's constantly complaining, getting upset all the time, and super fixating on the most minuscule, irrelevant things (ie the undertone of her dining table) and it makes her videos a slog to get through. Every couple of months I see one of her videos and click on it out of curiosity and surprise surprise - it's the same boring sht, even her instagram is boring so I've never felt compelled to follow her. For the "comedian" of the family, she really does a terrible job of letting her personality shine through.

okay that's it for my mini-rant lmao

gossipgirly111
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirly111 »

Dontgossippeople wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:31 pm
miramoutt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:23 pm
Marah is an unproblematic and loveable queen lol
I think she’s finally getting into a groove and finding her own place in social media. Theirs been more character development on her end than the three Asad’s combined. Good for her! 👏🏻
The day I see character development in any of the sisters I will actually delete this account, for people so absorbed in their mini bubbles I don't see them ever changing, why would they when leena has her new shiny sterile house on the way, lorens accomplished everything in life a woman should be working towards :roll: and amandas basic cookie cutter life is supposedly a dream (or was it lorens fiance that was described as a dream? i cant keep up LMAO)

Dontgossippeople
Learner
Learner

gossipgirly111 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:02 pm
Dontgossippeople wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:31 pm

The day I see character development in any of the sisters I will actually delete this account, for people so absorbed in their mini bubbles I don't see them ever changing, why would they when leena has her new shiny sterile house on the way, lorens accomplished everything in life a woman should be working towards :roll: and amandas basic cookie cutter life is supposedly a dream (or was it lorens fiance that was described as a dream? i cant keep up LMAO)
For the sake of humanity I sure as hell hope that they grow mentally, emotionally and intellectually 🙏. …LOL btw I laughed out loud about the deleting the account part… I’m with you on that one!! 😆

pinkpuff91
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by pinkpuff91 »

Dollskay wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:17 pm
-I feel like they use high end products so the brands reach out to them. So annoying… If they promote drugstore products, their followers will relate to them even more.
-Loren is pretty with makeup- that’s all. Without makeup, not so much.
-I really like Marah’s content and I’m more drawn to her videos. I don’t think she’s jealous of the pregnancy news. I think if Marah didn’t have Malik, then, maybe, there would have been some jealousy. I feel Marah is very confident and content with her life/family.
i agree! Marahs reaction was the same it was last time, and that time she didn't have Malik, i think she just had a hunch leena was pregnant so she was shocked but happy. Marah lives a decent life, her husband is a pharmacist, she herself is a working mom outside of content creation, she is FAR FAR away from being as dull and dense as the asad sisters.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

I feel like the asad sisters are too focused on making their content organized and aesthetic. They keep posting because it’s their job now and they’ve gathered the number of viewers they need so they feel as if they don’t have to put in as much effort to get noticed. They’re posting just to post instead of being genuine and being themselves. I feel like they each have likeable and unique personalities but they don’t let it shine through because they care a lot about what other people think. They also never seem to get personal with their viewers, they’re always putting out surface level content like videos about makeup, skincare, and fashion. Of course people are going to get sick of the superficial content, nobody in real life actually cares that much about makeup and fashion. Nor can they afford the products they recommend. Viewers tend to be drawn to influencers they can relate to and the asad sisters are not relatable at all.

gossipgirly111
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirly111 »

yom0606 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:52 pm

I feel like they each have likeable and unique personalities but they don’t let it shine through because they care a lot about what other people think. Viewers tend to be drawn to influencers they can relate to and the asad sisters are not relatable at all.
Yes this!!^^
I was thinking how leena could make more interactive or informative content on tiktok for the younger gen who make up quite a lot of her following - I was 15 when I first started watching leena and a lot of my friends watched her so it definitely makes me wonder how many of her followers are my age

She could do something like “rich mom” on tiktok who gives life, fashion and beauty advice for her viewers, her persona is rlly funny and she actually gives life lessons. Of course it doesn’t have to be aimed towards the younger gen, leena could do something about motherhood etc but just make it real and genuine. Her constant stream of ads and “you HAVE to get this 500 dollar item” is just not relatable not to mention super tone-deaf. I think the influencer community as a whole has become so unrelatable that the asad sisters see other influencers being stand offish and braggy so it validates them and helps them think that “everyone else is like me”, well no Loren not everyone is a sugar baby with an “angel” for a husband.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

gossipgirly111 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:17 pm
yom0606 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:52 pm

I feel like they each have likeable and unique personalities but they don’t let it shine through because they care a lot about what other people think. Viewers tend to be drawn to influencers they can relate to and the asad sisters are not relatable at all.
Yes this!!^^
I was thinking how leena could make more interactive or informative content on tiktok for the younger gen who make up quite a lot of her following - I was 15 when I first started watching leena and a lot of my friends watched her so it definitely makes me wonder how many of her followers are my age

She could do something like “rich mom” on tiktok who gives life, fashion and beauty advice for her viewers, her persona is rlly funny and she actually gives life lessons. Of course it doesn’t have to be aimed towards the younger gen, leena could do something about motherhood etc but just make it real and genuine. Her constant stream of ads and “you HAVE to get this 500 dollar item” is just not relatable not to mention super tone-deaf. I think the influencer community as a whole has become so unrelatable that the asad sisters see other influencers being stand offish and braggy so it validates them and helps them think that “everyone else is like me”, well no Loren not everyone is a sugar baby with an “angel” for a husband.
Exactly. I think Amanda is the funniest out of all of them but she never shows that side of her and is constantly posting content of her cat and home furniture. Like girl nobody cares about your house aesthetic and cat we’ve seen it 3648363 times

L2503
Learner
Learner

Post by L2503 »

Definitely, I stopped watching Amanda's videos on youtube because I couldn't handle the whining and complaining about the smallest things in her house when, in fact, she is very privileged. I've been working full-time for the past 15 years of my life after getting my degrees and I am nowhere near having enough savings to buy a house; yet I feel myself very privileged for having a roof over my head and food to eat every day even though some days can be more difficult than others.

A modest person like any of the girls would say Alhamdulillah for everything they have, whether good or bad so I do agree with the person who mentioned that modesty isn't just about clothing or hijab. I feel like they lost themselves trying to show their supposedly 'perfect' life.

Also, on her vlogs Amanda really gives 'mean girl' vibes. Her face doesn't move and she never seems to smile, which really puts me off as she comes off arrogant as hell. I definitely think she has the most potential to grow in the future, especially as she seems to be the most articulate of them all. However, I don't think she will reach this as she doesn't seem to have the shoulders to handle criticism considering the amount of people (including myself) she blocked.

Gossip8787
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip8787 »

Frankly, in the real world, these girls are nothing. There are very intelligent Muslim girls who are actually doing real important stuff. These 3 are real bottom of the barrel and couldn’t compare.

miramoutt
Talker
Talker

Post by miramoutt »

Is there a running list of intelligent Muslim women to follow? or can someone link

- Yas Durali - I followed a few weeks ago and love her tho was a midge put off by her Christmas content
- Dr. Nahla

gossipgirly111
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirly111 »

I agree with what you said, Amanda comes off as so arrogant and it’s such a nasty personality trait to have, not to mention unislamic. I think it’s the fact that her face a) does not move and b) she always thinks she’s right even when she’s very clearly wrong (in terms of religion etc). I remember I commented something that wasn’t even bad in response to a question on her YouTube and she deleted it in less than 5 minutes, I think it was about eyebrow plucking? and how it was haram. Anyway she cannot handle critism and it looks like (from a views perspective) she genuinely views other people as beneath her. I felt so uncomfortable watching a vlog where her and Loren were so rude to a Starbucks employee
Last edited by gossipgirly111 on Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gossipgirly111
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirly111 »

miramoutt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:31 pm
Is there a running list of intelligent Muslim women to follow? or can someone link

- Yas Durali - I followed a few weeks ago and love her tho was a midge put off by her Christmas content
- Dr. Nahla
Eslimah! although she doesn’t post on YouTube that frequently
Omaya zein, she’s rlly down to earth and funny imo

These are more fashion and lifestyle but I prefer them to the asad sisters:
Simply jaserah
Umayma Abdul
And for the younger audience zahra zahra and kishama meridian (kishama posts more on tiktok and instagram)

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

A younger (early 20's) muslimah who posts good Islamic content and also has a great sense of humor - ahijabirose (Avalon). She recently hit 5K subscribers on YT and has almost 75K followers on IG. She is very real and down to earth, I enjoy her content so much.

bmxpan
Learner
Learner

Post by bmxpan »

I recall a video where Amanda mentioned watching Jessica Stockstill's channel who is def not muslim, not modest and is also very superficial and difficult to relate to...so that's who Amanda is basically copying and pasting from. Agree with the above comments, Amanda's face never seems to move and although she doesn't irritate me nearly as much as Loren's latest content, she must be injecting more botox during her post-wedding free time while Mohammed is actually working. It would just be a bit more genuine if her vlog was something along the lines of, "come with me to Home Goods and then nails, and then botox!" lol. No way her high end moisturizers/serums are giving her a face lift.
Also Loren claims she has only had lip fillers haha right your face just magically looks like it's been stretched and show no movement above the eyebrows...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gossip8787
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip8787 »

I just hope their young audience realizes that what they do is actually nothing. There were so many smart Muslim girls in my law school class and the same in my sister’s med school class. My cousins are all educated/working/contributing to society, and they look good too. I just hate that these girls do nothing all day and it’s rewarded.

Dontgossippeople
Learner
Learner

Gossip8787 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:46 pm
I just hope their young audience realizes that what they do is actually nothing. There were so many smart Muslim girls in my law school class and the same in my sister’s med school class. My cousins are all educated/working/contributing to society, and they look good too. I just hate that these girls do nothing all day and it’s rewarded.
It won’t count for anything once it really matters… which is our akhira. I feel bad for being in this forum but I needed an outlet for channeling my frustration and anger. While I’m not gossiping and making things up, I do see how I’m contributing to backbiting. Although I do write everything with the intention of them reading every single word of it lol. Still though… I’m hoping I can transition out of this forum in the near future 🥲

yayme clapclap
Talker
Talker

Post by yayme clapclap »

Does anyone know the name of the vlog where they were rude about a Starbucks worker?

jasmine212
Learner
Learner

Post by jasmine212 »

gossipgirly111 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:38 pm
miramoutt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:31 pm

- Dr. Nahla
Eslimah! although she doesn’t post on YouTube that frequently
Omaya zein, she’s rlly down to earth and funny imo

These are more fashion and lifestyle but I prefer them to the asad sisters:
Simply jaserah
Umayma Abdul
And for the younger audience zahra zahra and kishama meridian (kishama posts more on tiktok and instagram)
Eslimah and leena were friends way back then but I Noticed she just liked leanas pregnancy announcement and didn't leave her a congratulatory comment unless I some how missed it.

Return to “The Asad Sisters”