Booktubers | Part 12

TheBookishBabe

Re: Booktubers | Part 12

Post by TheBookishBabe »

Did they plan them together or are author taste tests the new Booktube trend?

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

TheBookishBabe wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:22 am
Did they plan them together or are author taste tests the new Booktube trend?
They didn't mention each other so just a trend I guess! I haven't seen it a ton so I don't know if it's technically a trend but 🤷‍♀️ maybe getting there.

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

I really like author taste test videos. I watched all three of those but didn’t finish The Janice Hallett one since her books don’t sound interesting to me. Rainy blue reads did hers in conjunction with Hailey Hughes.

krranky
Learner
Learner

Post by krranky »

aliceinbookland wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:02 pm
Arriahj wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:00 pm
I didn't even know this was a debate... like really 😒. The only thing I really heard about after reading the book some times the cover have alot of spoilers.
Honestly we don't know what a spoiler until after we reading.
That just seem Entitled because in this day of how big social media is its so hard no to get spoiler 🤷🏾‍♀️ unless you limited you web time but to me it seem like it people who spend alot of time on sm

Off topic, but why does Elliot have her eyes closed in so many of her thumbnails lately? Is this a new YouTube trend? On her six most recent videos, her eyes are closed on the thumbnail for five of them.
I noticed that and thought it was odd. I wonder if it's just her way of trying to change up her thumbnails?

softhurricane
Learner
Learner

Post by softhurricane »

"King of booktube"... who does he think he is? :roll:

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

softhurricane wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:31 am

"King of booktube"... who does he think he is? :roll:
To be fair, Jack doesn’t call himself the king of booktube. The guy interviewing does and Jack has a good response to it.

ihateeverything461
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ihateeverything461 »

Talking about Jack, he completely spoilt Bunny by Mona Awad in his latest video on his main channel. I was so mad. I had been meaning to read the book for a while and hadn't been spoilt for it even though SO MANY booktubers talk about this book.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

ihateeverything461 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:59 pm
Talking about Jack, he completely spoilt Bunny by Mona Awad in his latest video on his main channel. I was so mad. I had been meaning to read the book for a while and hadn't been spoilt for it even though SO MANY booktubers talk about this book.

Oh gawd I hate it when people do sht like that, boils my blood. So sorry that happened to you, ugh. I wanted to read it as well so ty for the warning.

ihateeverything461
Wallflower
Wallflower

And then he has the GALL to say that it's in the blurb. IT'S NOT JACK. ITS NOT. urgh, I'm just so mad!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LowKeyBangtanTrash
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by LowKeyBangtanTrash »

Callan wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:30 pm
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:59 pm

Oh gawd I hate it when people do sht like that, boils my blood. So sorry that happened to you, ugh. I wanted to read it as well so ty for the warning.
oof yeah I have read the book and his description, while short, does give away quite a few of the big shocking moments. Not cool dude.

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

"lots more happens" is the duuuumbest response lmao.
This person dies at the end of XYZ but lots more happens! Like?? Sure??? That doesn't mean it's not a big spoiler.

(just for clarity that is not what the spoiler was lol)

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

If anyone needs to be grounded back to earth is Jack, he really thinks he's some kind of celebrity, larger then anyone. Real example of what a little bit of fame does to people. But I guess he doesn't know you can be at the top one day, but you are gone from the scene the next day. He should be nicer to people who gave him all the fame and opportunities. he did read and he did film videos, but without his subscribers he's a nobody.

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

didn't bunny come out like four or five years ago?

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

darcybones wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:19 am
It came out in 2019, I don't think that makes it fair game to spoil. I feel like the only books I would not care about spoiling are like super popular classics but even then idk! It can always be someone's first time hearing about a book and it sucks to be spoiled. It's so easy to say, "spoiler warning, skip ahead", I guess he doesn't think it's a spoiler though.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

grilledcheese_ wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:55 am
darcybones wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:19 am
It came out in 2019, I don't think that makes it fair game to spoil. I feel like the only books I would not care about spoiling are like super popular classics but even then idk! It can always be someone's first time hearing about a book and it sucks to be spoiled. It's so easy to say, "spoiler warning, skip ahead", I guess he doesn't think it's a spoiler though.
also it's his attitude regarding all of that that bothers me

ihateeverything461
Wallflower
Wallflower

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:11 pm
grilledcheese_ wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:55 am

also it's his attitude regarding all of that that bothers me
Yeah and this is what he had to say after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

softhurricane
Learner
Learner

Post by softhurricane »

Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:37 pm

And then he has the GALL to say that it's in the blurb. IT'S NOT JACK. ITS NOT. urgh, I'm just so mad!
This is also such a fake excuse because surely if you read the book you'd know what's a huge spoiler or not??

Abcread
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Abcread »

Yes! I really loved to watch Jacks earlier videos but he has become a very “look at me”-YouTuber. It’s cool that he became big and can do a lot of stuff but dude you still need to apologise when doing something wrong. For me his relatability is gone.

bookreader13
Learner
Learner

Post by bookreader13 »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:31 am
If anyone needs to be grounded back to earth is Jack, he really thinks he's some kind of celebrity, larger then anyone. Real example of what a little bit of fame does to people. But I guess he doesn't know you can be at the top one day, but you are gone from the scene the next day. He should be nicer to people who gave him all the fame and opportunities. he did read and he did film videos, but without his subscribers he's a nobody.
I’ve seen A LOT of people say this about Jack, that he isn’t down to earth anymore and that he thinks so highly of himself or that he’s some celebrity, but can somebody explain how and why people think this? Maybe I’m just not seeing it but he seems like just a normal Booktuber, but maybe I’m biased because I like his more unique content/videos.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

It's really awful to spoil a book even if it was written hundreds of years ago, sucks how some people just don't care or aren't courteous about that kind of stuff. Most seem to respect that for others but you always get some extra eager person putting spoiler updates especially on Goodreads reading updates for books, drives me bonkers.

Return to “BookTube”