Booktubers | Part 12

greenautumn
Learner
Learner

Re: Booktubers | Part 12

Post by greenautumn »

I posted a video from Kiki Chanel a while ago about BetterHelp, and the company has apparently made her take the video down because she was critical of them. And I just saw this on her channel.

And the link she posted is here:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/pr ... n-facebook
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Wow I knew that company sucked azz.. I posted a few times in random YT comments about BetterHelp and my comment got muted as in I can see it but if I log out and log with my work YT account it doesn't show up so they censor any mention that's not positive.

zackshutup
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by zackshutup »

I know Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes was very vocal about how she’d never accept a sponsorship from BetterHelp because as a therapist she thinks they’re a terrible company with not great ethics

greenautumn
Learner
Learner

Post by greenautumn »

Callan wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:14 pm
Wow I knew that company sucked azz.. I posted a few times in random YT comments about BetterHelp and my comment got muted as in I can see it but if I log out and log with my work YT account it doesn't show up so they censor any mention that's not positive.
Wow, I didn't know some of them did that. But that does tell you a bit about how deep down they know they shouldn't work with that company..

greenautumn
Learner
Learner

Post by greenautumn »

zackshutup wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:48 pm
I know Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes was very vocal about how she’d never accept a sponsorship from BetterHelp because as a therapist she thinks they’re a terrible company with not great ethics
I respect her for that! Nice to see.

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

zackshutup wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:48 pm
Which makes Hailey Hughes even more suspect because she did accept a sponsorship from them (as a therapist!)

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

It was this video

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

What book is this referring to?

Itsmentalillness
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Itsmentalillness »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:38 pm
What book is this referring to?
I believe it is Mile High but I could be wrong

applecrumble_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by applecrumble_ »

Looks like Hailey in Bookland jumped on the Patreon train

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

I thought Hailey she been had one or tried it before. Good fo4 her I think she will do really well with the podcast. I enjoy her when her, Zoe and Hanna did their together

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

It looks fun and I hope people will enjoy it. I'm a little sceptical because she has an inconsistent posting schedule on youtube for various reasons, so I don't know how she will juggle it with additional content, but I hope it will be different for patrons at least. I will not join but I never paid for Patreon so lol

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:31 am
It looks fun and I hope people will enjoy it. I'm a little sceptical because she has an inconsistent posting schedule on youtube for various reasons, so I don't know how she will juggle it with additional content, but I hope it will be different for patrons at least. I will not join but I never paid for Patreon so lol
Right hope she be consistent with this. Yea with rhe patron I don't think even with the booktuber that I do enjoy nothing like push me to want to join unless it completely different from their channel.

applecrumble_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by applecrumble_ »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:31 am
Agreed. Her tiers and benefits seem fun– an exclusive discord group and podcast. Just hope she can commit to it.

krranky
Learner
Learner

Post by krranky »

If she's been mentioned here before, I missed it so I wanted to recommend Katey Bellew after stumbling on her channel. She lives in Australia, works as a bookseller, and reads a good mix of genres. What I most appreciate is how well she explains her thoughts on what she reads. That's something I struggle with, so I'm always impressed to find someone who makes it look so effortless.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

I've been really enjoying bookish vlogs from Christy Ann Jones the past year or so, catching up to all her stuff.

Christy Anne Jones
Write a novel with me ☁️ fantasy writing vlog and day in my life ~

Bleeeeeeeep
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bleeeeeeeep »

Everyones hatred of booktubers that yell has been well established but god I HATE when booktubers are really soft spoken and you have to turn your volume up to 100% just to hear them. Whenever I’m wearing headphones and an ad plays on these videos it like deafens me because I had to turn the volume up for high

Like if you’re naturally soft spoken adjust your sound levels when you edit

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

Jess Owens in her last video complained bookcommunitea vides perform the best, and she doesn't want to be negative all the time, but girl ... most of us started watching you because of that, not because of special editions of books or drama with some tv hosts ... I mean of course those are ok also but that's not why we subscribed in the first place, so when people less watch other videos not related to the news don't be surprised.
And what's wrong with filming videos about book news, it doesn't have to be negative all the time, but informative for people who don't have twitter or tiktok or follow book profiles.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Right like ve real with yourself that how Jess blow up. Like I'm confused you saw and everybody else saw those was your most popular videos and sub was jumping up like crazy.

It's so much suff to talk about in the book community beside the negative, for example book getting Special Edition and when it's going on sale (IG you see stuff from 5 days ago 😒) authors get new deals on a new series or standalone, Book adaptations updates on that. And so much more. I enjoy when she was talking about the publishing strike.
Also don't just talk about YA buy genre all around book

Return to “BookTube”