Learner
Learner

Re: Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

Post by honeybearbee »

Arriahj wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:23 am
honeybearbee wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:19 am
has anyone talked about her book online? i'm interested to see what book reviews on all the sites have to say about it
Honestly I'll be really surprised if any main people on Booktuber review the book
i mean i agree. i haven't seen anyone talk about it on youtube, twitter, tiktok, but sometimes people pick up random books so who knows.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

she has the nerve to publish a book and spend money on that, and then rudely answers people with - you'll get the money, why are you impatient and annoying ... wow

blackninetales
Learner
Learner

Post by blackninetales »

woooow, i did not know she got her own thread... it's gotten that bad, huh? I remember thinking how gross it was was on the book twitter thread when i saw her begging for money and ignoring customers. I can't believe she's now throwing a tantrum about a gossip thread...because it's got receipts she doesn't want out. Wow, she seems so spoiled and vile.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Apologies for necro’ing the thread. I was hesitant on posting this, but Sierra is now doing Tarot card readings. I personally don’t believe in the symbolism of tarot cards (the art on some of the cards can be cool), but she claims it’s her only source of income, which is sad because I assume her book didn’t make enough to pay the bills. Personally, I’m wary of anyone who does tarot card readings, so take this with a grain of salt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:47 pm
Apologies for necro’ing the thread. I was hesitant on posting this, but Sierra is now doing Tarot card readings. I personally don’t believe in the symbolism of tarot cards (the art on some of the cards can be cool), but she claims it’s her only source of income, which is sad because I assume her book didn’t make enough to pay the bills. Personally, I’m wary of anyone who does tarot card readings, so take this with a grain of salt.
feel like tarot is just a fall back for so many people looking to make extra money. Does anyone know if she's mentioned having psychic abilities before?

wrong-writer
Learner
Learner

Post by wrong-writer »

You think the cards would have given her at least some inkling that her book wasn't going to become the best seller she wanted it to be.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

DeathArcana wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:56 pm
DraculaFan666 wrote:
feel like tarot is just a fall back for so many people looking to make extra money. Does anyone know if she's mentioned having psychic abilities before?
Not to my knowledge. And DaylightTarot looks like a business Sierra started and not a company she joined.

honeybearbee
Learner
Learner

Post by honeybearbee »

didn't she have like 4 other books on the go? and now this?

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

Since the thread has already been necro-ed I guess I'll post what I have. Personal opinion time first: I don't believe in tarot either but if it's bringing in some money, then good for her. Still wondering how this and the selling of her purses couldn't be done earlier when she first started having financial issues and immediately going to begging for donations.

Two customers have publicly asked for updates since the last IG comments (see attached), although Sierra's response on Twitter has been deleted.
https://archive.ph/oYe61
https://archive.ph/xuecJ

She also has a book box for Death by Society coming out which is weird considering she still has outstanding orders from XOXO, Sierra book boxes.
https://archive.ph/6zvVn
DraculaFan666 wrote:
but she claims it’s her only source of income, which is sad because I assume her book didn’t make enough to pay the bills.
She's mentioned she doesn't promo her book enough and recently asked for grocery money so I'm assuming no.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Idk how working with book boxes goes honestly with money and all that. Hopefully they will pay her because at this point I don't think any kfy want that book now, it's most likely already been on sale and they bought it for themselves at this point or a family member.

Yes, I remember her saying that she was writing another book coming out in the next year or two.
Hope she learn from this because this was a shit show from started to finish. I wouldn't be surprised if this left alot of people with bad taste

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

I looked up Daylight Tarot on New York and Pennsylvania’s LLC databases. It’s not there, which is a red flag because anyone can take the name and she’d have to change it. I’m not a business person but I’m sure having an LLC takes precedence over domain names.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

Just a heads up, Sierra is now claiming people here wished her dead and, while admitting (again) that she's fucked up her business, still doesn't acknowledge the piss poor communication with her still waiting customers that have made it public.

https://archive.ph/7ym5e
https://archive.ph/Y2PIX

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Wishing her death TF. I guess she still mad about the medicine thing we said 🙄 she love saying we twisting her words and she doing the same thing. Sierra now you wishing death on us saying we deserve to go to hell.

I really want to know what we said was false because everything is either coming former/current customers or you (regardless if it's 30% of your life) . She telling us to get a life and all that but she need to be more worried about getting over here and ask yourself when the last time you updated your customers on what going on.

Other then that this thread had just dead down because she was going back and forth being a private account and we just thought that were she stay private

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

'attack is the best form of defence'

no one wished her dead, in fact we can now complain because she is lying about us. But I guess this is the best she can do so she can be the victim and we or her customers don't talk about her lousy business planning and publishing books instead of getting serious in life. Get a job, and do some serious work, you will have more money and less time to complain. I cannot believe there isn't one job for her she can start. Our parents did everything they could to provide for us, any physical lousy job, but when you are in need you just need to suck it up and even be a cleaning lady if you need to, or a waiter ... those jobs are not below anyone. she is probably looking for some fancy office job.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Death by Society is being adapted into an audiobook.

And here’s a year in review about Sierra:
  • She has 3 go fund me pages, 2 are active
    She’s behind on rent and is on a payment plan for a light bill
    She’s repeatedly accused this site/subforum/thread of harassing her to the point of mental distress
    She had multiple expensive purses, including that $200-$300 Kate spade purse. They’re on sale on poshmark
    She owes people money and/or items from her xoxosierra store
    She has threatened, and apparently plans to, sue this site for defamation.
    That Barnes and Noble haul
    She barely has money for necessities but has money for a subscription service for that electric medicine dispenser

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

If websites cause you “psychological damage,” consider a job that isn’t reliant on social media :|

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:25 pm
If websites cause you “psychological damage,” consider a job that isn’t reliant on social media :|
how has she had us blocked for 15 years but she comments on what we say every time???

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

DeathArcana wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:23 pm
DraculaFan666 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:25 pm
how has she had us blocked for 15 years but she comments on what we say every time???
Going by her last tweet there, she's either coming here on her phone or someone is sending her screenshots. But yes, it is strange how despite having it blocked she continues to come here. She keeps going back and forth between trying to act like she doesn't care about gg to claiming it causes her "psychological damage".

Meanwhile, her waiting customers barely knew where to contact her because she was more focused on tweeting about Taylor Swift/Hozier and crowd funding her novel than making an effort to track them down with an alternate contact method. It wasn't until beefing with gg that she finally put a post up with her active email and now those customers stated that they're STILL having emails go unanswered.

Curly's right, just letting them know even if there's no update is better than ghosting them. (See attached)

On a similar note, earlier this month Sierra stated the kickstarter copies were delayed. Hopefully they get sent because if this turns into another XOXO fiasco, I doubt she's going to be given as much grace this time around.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

I have to say I'm not sad for the people who funded her. She has a history of not giving what she promised and people, again and again, give her money ...

bookish_genx_mom
Learner
Learner

Post by bookish_genx_mom »

What does her working trying to get a job have anything to do with getting people the physical copies of their books?

You know what would be great for anxiety and mental health Sierra? If you stopped grifting, making promises you can't keep bc you're robbing Peter to pay Paul, and lived your life off social media.

Return to “BookTube”