Thread title credit goes to: chipn dip
Congratulations

:cheers:

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Tati Westbrook Part 39: Twati Does Dallas and Fort Worth

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Just saw that “new home tour” ….sooo it was just a half-assed shaky handheld footage of the paper covered floors and bathtub. Fascinating. :roll:

Also when will she (and other YouTubers) learn?! She should NOT have shown the outside of her house. So dumb. She hasn’t even fully moved in yet, and she’s broadcasting it to all the potential stalkers/robbers out there. She might as well just send out a tweet with her address at this point.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

There was a puff piece on dirt.com about her new place...

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

This post was the dirt.com piece that was posted in the previous thread. I thought we needed it in this thread too.
Thanks for the post @Dickelodeon

Re: Twati Westcrook - Screwed & Sued In Seattle - Part 38
Edit Delete Report Warn Information Quote Remove thanks
Post by Dickelodeon » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:45 am

Her new place is outside Dallas and actually closer to Fort Worth in a town called Burleson, which is the hometown of Kelly Clarkson. I guess this post is the reason my brain has retained that useless fact for decades.

If you're curious what kind of home $2,000,000-ish will get you in Burleson, I present you, Tati's home: https://www.dirt.com/gallery/entertaine ... 203478023/

Edit: It looks like Tati has had it taken down. Maybe someone downloaded it. Or wrote down the name of the football player
she bought it from. I didn’t bother. I should have.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

Oh that is interesting, cos it was still there when I posted about it earlier today, I went and checked it myself to be certain I had remembered correctly.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Maybe it is Monday morning and they called as soon the publication opened? Tati doesn’t want information like that out in the wild.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I read the article over the weekend. It’s a nice house, but it’s in the middle of nowhere really. A lot of upkeep too. The huge lawn alone would turn me off a place like that, I only have an eighth acre lot and it’s too much to mow the grass. I really wonder if they can afford the energy bills on a 6000 sq ft house. She’s really banking on staying popular on YouTube. I can just see her at age 65 struggling for views on how to pretend you have eyebrows just to keep up that money drain. It’s not like James is gonna have a career.

Nah. I doubt she will be there long, but what do I know.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Is she still popular on YouTube? I never really watched her that often. I didn’t know that she would still be popular after her scandal.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

oh I got bored of her 'doo-een it for you guise 5 days a week' schtick long before the vitameens scandal

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:09 pm
I read the article over the weekend. It’s a nice house, but it’s in the middle of nowhere really. A lot of upkeep too. The huge lawn alone would turn me off a place like that, I only have an eighth acre lot and it’s too much to mow the grass. I really wonder if they can afford the energy bills on a 6000 sq ft house. She’s really banking on staying popular on YouTube. I can just see her at age 65 struggling for views on how to pretend you have eyebrows just to keep up that money drain. It’s not like James is gonna have a career.

Right?! Like… can she even afford this? Plus moving costs? Plus trying to have a baby (which I’m guessing she’s doing IVF/expensive medical intervention)? Plus legal fees? Plus neither of them have business/family/etc. roots in Texas?!

This whole thing just seems totally impulsive, pointless and frankly…stupid. I’m here to watch the inevitable train wreck though haha :corn:

bananamama12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bananamama12 »

Here's the text of the Dirt article about her new home, doesn't seem to have been taken down. Sold to them by "by former NFL star Dominic Raiola."

https://www.dirt.com/gallery/entertaine ... 023/tati9/

=====
Though her fast-paced career was effectively derailed in 2019 by the so-called Dramageddon 2.0 scandal and a subsequent bitter lawsuit from her former business partner, Tati Westbrook is steadily rebuilding her life and proving she’s here to stay. Now reunited with longtime husband James, from whom she “almost got divorced” during their business troubles, the veteran YouTuber and top beauty influencer has returned to creating makeup-centric videos, which continue to rack up hundreds of thousands of views.

But there’s nothing like a fresh real estate start to really inspire new beginnings. Pre-pandemic, the Westbrooks had split their time between a multimillion-dollar Los Angeles compound and a high-rise luxury apartment in Tati’s native Seattle. Both those places are long gone: the L.A. estate was sold for $3.8 million in late 2020; the Seattle condo lease ended, and Westbrook majorly downsized to a $520,000 bungalow elsewhere in the city.

Partly for more space and to get more bang for their real estate bucks, the Westbrooks have now decided to relocate to Texas, where they’ve settled near the fast-growing city of Fort Worth, securing the keys to an impressive suburban estate with plenty of space for a filming/beauty studio, guest quarters and much more.

The Lone Star State is a bit stingy about revealing the sale prices of its homes, so it remains unclear exactly how much Westbrook paid for her new digs. However, the property had been publicly offered at $2 million and was on the market less than a week before finding a buyer, so it’s probably a good guess that the 40-year-old beauty guru paid very close to the asking price — or maybe even a bit above it, depending on competition.

Custom built in 2013 and sold to the Westbrooks by former NFL star Dominic Raiola, the 6,200-square-foot mansion is described in the listing as an “immaculate custom French Colonial” and sits within a securely gated community. For her part, Westbrook has already filmed a preliminary tour of the premises and shared that she’s renovating the whole place, so some of the finishes seen in these photos may soon be in the dumpster.

=======

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

tar wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:29 pm
Is she still popular on YouTube? I never really watched her that often. I didn’t know that she would still be popular after her scandal.
I read many times on Reddit that people missed her makeup content, with so many makeup YouTubers no longer creating, or just doing vlogs. They specifically missed her wider mix of reviews, high end and drugstore. (I think that is more because Tati accepts ALL the PR, not just the brands everyone takes.) She has said she takes on the disposal so you can reduce yours by allowing her to review stuff before you buy. It’s a big presumption but maybe her viewers appreciate it.

I’m just tensing and waiting for it. The start of IVF and thinking she’ll vlog that. After the Leighannsays YouTube debacle, it would be so cringy.

sisternancy
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by sisternancy »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:49 am
tar wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:29 pm
I read many times on Reddit that people missed her makeup content, with so many makeup YouTubers no longer creating, or just doing vlogs. They specifically missed her wider mix of reviews, high end and drugstore. (I think that is more because Tati accepts ALL the PR, not just the brands everyone takes.) She has said she takes on the disposal so you can reduce yours by allowing her to review stuff before you buy. It’s a big presumption but maybe her viewers appreciate it.

I’m just tensing and waiting for it. The start of IVF and thinking she’ll vlog that. After the Leighannsays YouTube debacle, it would be so cringy.
Her latest video - a huge Sephora haul - is currently sitting at 400k views (which is a lot for her channel lately). I've definitely noticed that BGs don't tend to do general reviews anymore. For example, as sweet and talented as Julia Adams MUA is, she tends to stick to the same type of products (minimalist, "cool") than Tati (who will try anything).

sweech
Informer
Informer

Post by sweech »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Could she maybe have solar panels cutting down on the cost?

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

sweech wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:52 pm

Could she maybe have solar panels cutting down on the cost?
As I recall, the alternative energy grid failing in 2021 is one reason the main electric grid in TX got overloaded with everyone calling for heat. (It was so bad the power company in my state area sent us a letter saying "aren’t you glad that we are so much better than Texas?" And used it to jack our bills). I wonder if she will find cracked pipes in the walls from last year. Sounds like the prior owner wasn’t there all the time.

If she did, it wouldn’t power the entire house and not the level of heat or air conditioning needed. Not just all the panels, it’s the power inverters. You need more than one for a house that size. Guessing at best she could do a backup refrigerator and lights with 4-6 hours solar average per day yearly. In any case, since you’re required to hook up to the grid, the power company is still considered as providing your power and you get credits on your bill in the sunnier months that you use up on other months. Everybody I know tried solar ended up taking them down after replacing an inverter or two, they weren’t really saving money with the paltry credits you get.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Happy Easter Everyone :bunny: :bunny:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Is Tati doing anything worth watching? I assume she’s hauling makeup and renovating her house.

Jezahtea
Learner
Learner

Post by Jezahtea »

She literally just pronounced HEB as in head with a b. I'm dying. I'm wincing as a Texan every time she's saying it, it's literally pronounced spelled out as H E B but she tried to make it into a word. I actually have no idea how she didn't know that, Texans love their HEB and they talk about it all the time, so the fact that she hadn't heard anybody else pronounce it yet is surprising.

Also have to say she's looking better in Texas somehow, looks like she's gaining a little bit of weight, in a healthy way where she no longer has a pancake butt. She also looked pretty good in her just woke up shot at the beginning of the video. This might be a trash a guru forum but I give props where props are due and she seems like she is getting healthier, at least in this video

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I will take a look. I haven’t had a time to watch Tati since she moved. IG or YouTube. If Tati is getting healthier that’s good.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s getting healthy to go for that IVF because what’s better for a marriage on the rocks but over-the-top home buying and a kid?

Return to “glamlifeguru/Tati”