ImJennIm Part 9: Living My Yoko Ono Fantasy

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Re: ImJennIm Part 9: Living My Yoko Ono Fantasy

Post by ededdneddy »

Callan wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:21 am
Yikes.. her new "style" is tragic. Midlife crisis?

Ben had a video a few weeks ago and he showed a quick glance at his "To do" list on his computer and it was stuff like "make Lennon lunch"...
I definitely think you’re onto something. She recently dyed her hair lighter, a bit reminiscent to back in 2017-2018. The color makes her hair look like she’s wearing a wig.

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

She posted two videos this week, and the first video showed her drinking alcohol (nothing new) before she participates in a breathwork session, which defeats the purpose of it. alcohol is a depressant & a toxin, adding that to a breathing session will not help deregulate the body. But yet again, she’s a social alcoholic so I don’t expect that much from her.

Oh, and she’s not going to film Jennglebells this year and instead is posting daily photos on IG because she wants to “make Instagram casual again” (her words).

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

There's definitely something going on with her, guess time will tell! I can only watch her content in small burst, it always feels like I"m being talked down on or something she's got this preachy "I know everything" air to her these days.

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

So I finished watching Jenn’s latest video, and she’s been shoving the topic of friendship a lot lately. It’s as if she’s reminding herself on camera to be the perfect friend for her friends, and shoving the viewers into holding her accountable in case she isn’t being a good friend. It’s not a difficult concept for anyone, let alone a woman in her 30s, to grasp the purpose of friendship. It confirms my point (and many people’s points here) that she misses her life before she became a mom. The fact that she goes out constantly while either her mom, the nanny, or Ben takes care of Lennon proves it.

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

Jenn is now back in school studying US History at Los Angeles Valley College. Her reasoning for heading back was because the future was on her mind a lot lately, so studying the past might
“reveal some guide posts” (?) on what to strive towards & what to avoid. She also said she’s learning US History in case Lennon wants to ask her questions about it when he gets older.

She’s also bragging about getting straight A’s (for the first time ever) in every essay she wrote :roll: this is the same girl who posted yesterday on IG Stories to stare right at the sun. What a dumb dumb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

ededdneddy wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:43 pm
Jenn is now back in school studying US History at Los Angeles Valley College. Her reasoning for heading back was because the future was on her mind a lot lately, so studying the past might
“reveal some guide posts” (?) on what to strive towards & what to avoid. She also said she’s learning US History in case Lennon wants to ask her questions about it when he gets older.

She’s also bragging about getting straight A’s (for the first time ever) in every essay she wrote :roll: this is the same girl who posted yesterday on IG Stories to stare right at the sun. What a dumb dumb.
Ohhh I was wondering about her shorts video with school lunches... thank you <3

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

Jenn outed herself as a subscriber to a right wing conservative commentator (The Comments Section with Brett Cooper) on YouTube. :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Yikes, good catch but that's disappointing to hear, even if it's empty headed Jenn.

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

Hello, it's my first time posting here. :mmhmm: I just have to get it off my chest as a former fan who is now totally disappointed in Jenn's channel. I first started watching way back in the days of Clothes Encounters, but sadly the channel has grown more and more insufferable over time. I'm unsubscribed but still check in sometimes. I'm not sure why. Maybe a part of me is hoping for a nostalgia rush, or maybe I'm hoping her content improve. I still think Jenn is a nice person and she's doing her best to keep her channel going, but her content just feels empty, vapid and self-absorbed.

A lot of red flags and annoyances have built up over the years. The most recent red flag is how Jenn is exposing her baby to the world and violating his privacy without his consent. His childhood and personal details are out there for everyone to know, and Jenn even showed him bathing, breastfeeding, etc. Given how Jenn has talked about her struggles with criticism and being an influencer, I don't know why she is setting up her son to repeat the SAME cycle. He is growing up on the camera and may end up feeling pressured to perform like a perfect son for Jenn. Jenn has already filmed him using baby products for a sponsorship and she is definitely taking the opportunity to plug recommended baby items. It feels like her son is on the road to being an influencer baby. Alas, the fate of being born into an influencer family.

Ben is also an influencer husband despite the revelations in his own article. Plus he even mentioned he was terrified for when he would have kids. I wonder what he thinks of showing his son to millions of subscribers:
"I don’t want to be in front of the camera much; I hate having my photo taken. The photo above is a self-portrait, taken when I was doing a test shot for Jenn. These are the only photos I take.

I’m terrified for when we have kids, because this world is becoming more competitive. There’s a constant pressure to maintain your social media."
https://web.archive.org/web/20230208045 ... am-husband

Of course along with that Jenn has monetized almost everything and made everything into content - breaking her tooth, therapy, wedding and honeymoon, childbirth, anxiety, and so on. In Jenn's talk with Phil Wang (soon after her son was born) she said
"I strive for something deeper. I strive for something with like, values and morals, with like deeper roots...At the end of the day, I don't really care about what type of makeup I'm wearing or what outfit I'm wearing. My values and more morals are so much more important. And so, that's the type of thing I want to influence at the point."
?!?! If Jenn is so into her morals, philosophizing, and self-help, why is she not reflecting on the PRIVACY OF HER SON?

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

The next thing that really irks me is Jenn's book content. Jenn seriously believes that she is smarter just because she reads books. However whenever she does nonfiction reviews, she rehashes common knowledge and acts like it's totally mind-blowing and life-changing. In the past she has acted mind-blown over the concept of 10,000 hours to achieve mastery, social media designed to be addictive, etc. These are all common knowledge that can be gained simply by keeping up with current events.
JI.png
In her "Ways I've Changed + Vintage Shopping" video, it gets worse. At a used book shop, she claims that books are "not made this way anymore". She is also surprised to learn that you should not open your book widely in order to preserve the spine. If Jenn were a true bibliophile, she would know that some publishers ARE still making gorgeous, high quality editions on par with antique books. She also would've heard about protecting the spine long ago. :roll: Later on in her video she opens up a book widely anyways. :roll:
ji2.png
ji3.png
ji5.png
Then she buys a book by Freud because she feels like it is "THE" psychology book that she can read about the "roots of psychology". Anyone who has taken a psych101 class knows that Freud's theories are not credible, and on top of that some of his theories are pretty creepy! Why did all of her "pop psychology" not teach her this? Thankfully some of her fans had the sense to tell her that Freud isn't all that she thinks he is.

It seems like she's not going to actually read the book though, because she bought another related book just because it "looks good" as a set.
ji4.png

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

"Ways I've Changed + Vintage Shopping" video comments continued.

Next Jenn gets her obligatory praise from Ben for...buying books. I get that her love language is positive affirmations, but does she need praise for everything she does, even something as simple as buying books?!
ji9.png
ji6.png
Jenn proceeds to leaf through a huge Da Vinci book - I definitely do not think she's actually going to read it. Ben commented that Da Vinci's anatomical drawings were some of his finest works...seems like Ben had some nice thoughts to share. Then Jenn comes in with her ??? comments on how "back in the day...people wrote everything down" and that Da Vinci did anatomical drawings because "he didn't really have much to do" so that's why he did anatomical drawings. Erm...

Then comes the shocker. Despite calling the books "collectibles", she reveals her true intentions for buying a box full of used books. FOR HOME DECOR on her largely empty shelves. :? :? :? I don't use my precious collectible books as decorations! I don't pile knick knacks on top of them! I store them properly and actually READ THEM!!!
ji7.png
Anyways, these are the instances that made me feel Jenn is not as much of a bibliophile as she claims. Throughout the video it is pretty apparent she is not going to read these books and she just bought them for content and home decor. As a bibliophile myself, it was just sad to watch.

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

Continued Phil Wang & Jenn Im talk comments.

Jenn literally views her life like Youtube playlists.
"I feel like Youtube has really like made me really understand how to expand myself because they've got the playlists...and that is how you divide yourself. You've got your beauty, you got your fashion, you got your books, you got your self development, you got your food, you got your parenting!"
Jenn is very adamant that she is not ONLY a mother.
"...adding a mother to my identity, at first I thought like 'oh my gosh, is this like gonna define me? Am I only just gonna be a mom? Am I gonna be a mom Youtuber? What the heck? ...But that's not true...If anything, it's just expansion. It's me, being like myself, being into fashion, being into culture, being into self-development, and then adding mother to that list."

lipstickgal
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lipstickgal »

Jenn was always overrated to begin with but clothesencounter used to be a decent youtube channel. Jenn is washed up now and stopped giving good advice a while ago.

If people want to follow a real beauty influencer, check out joanday channel.

Joan is just a superior version of Jenn and is just flat out better than Jenn. She gives real beauty advice and interesting travel vlogs.

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

Her taste in white men are trash 🤢🤮

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

Latest video: Lessons that saved our relationship

It's pretty jarring to hear about Jenn's anger issues because she usually portrays herself as a cheerful, bubbly, and sensitive person in her videos. It sounds like off camera she used to have temper tantrums...Exactly how bad were Jenn's anger issues that they turned into a trigger for poor Ben?!

Jenn says she had a temper in her "early twenties"...but during her wedding planning she was screaming at her dad for a month because she didn't want a traditional Korean wedding ceremony. Seems like her anger issues continued well into her mid-twenties.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

I saw that video was up but didn't have it in me to watch it yet. But I saw it was sponsored by BetterHealth .. I hate it when they do that shit. That company has some real negatives about it online.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Sorry, BetterHelp not health, had a typo.

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

Callan wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:20 am
I saw that video was up but didn't have it in me to watch it yet. But I saw it was sponsored by BetterHealth .. I hate it when they do that shit. That company has some real negatives about it online.

Wow I didn't know the commission could be that high!
Not surprised at all by this sponsorship since Jenn loves regurgitating self-help and making content out of the lessons she learned from therapy.

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

By the way, did you notice Jenn took down her Eggie apology video but left up all her other Eggie videos? It also seems like she may have taken down the video where she talked about her tooth incident in detail.

What venture do you think Jenn will try next?

My guesses are:
- A ghostwritten cookbook. Or she may even get her mom to contribute some of her recipes.
- A ghostwritten self-help or relationship advice book
- A self-help journal, similar to what Lavendaire (Aileen Xu) released

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

Why??? Why???
ji4.png
ji3.png
ji2.png
ji1.png

Return to “Jenn Im”