Kristen Martin pt 3

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Re: Kristen Martin pt 3

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

Kaila Walker and her bf did a video but I never saw it. What I heard was it came across like a "How we scammed people for a free trip to Bali" type video.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

darcybones wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:02 am
This is admittedly a long shot, but I was snooping Kristen's old videos and was reminded of her Bali retreat. But does anyone know/remember what they actually did? I feel like there was another longer video from her or Kaila about the actual contents of the retreat but I can't find it and now I'm mad curious.

Did I hallucinate that? Does anyone remember?
we had two girls who went on the trip post here on gg. their posts start on this page: viewtopic.php?t=34714&hilit=kristen+mar ... i&start=60

It starts at the post that says "Let's start with: I am very susceptible to scammers :’("

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

I do always think it's funny that she and Kaila were like "soul sisters" and they dropped each other like a bad habit in 2019.
I do feel bad for Kristen in that regard. It seemed like *everyone* dropped her when Arcgate went down, including people she thought were friends.
The only one I'd guess that didn't is Jessi Elliot and she just strikes me now as...sneaky isn't the right word. But just as potentially scammy as Kristen, if not more because she ducks shit storms. She keeps deleting everything on her Instagram account, and for an author who you'd think is trying to build her brand, that's always struck me as sus. And she did try to go the coaching services route, and has the Wander Writers retreat.

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

sufficientcontact wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:09 am
we had two girls who went on the trip post here on gg. their posts start on this page: viewtopic.php?t=34714&hilit=kristen+mar ... i&start=60

It starts at the post that says "Let's start with: I am very susceptible to scammers :’("
Maybe that's what I'm remembering! Thank you haha.

TBH i'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I really don't think arcgate was as big a deal as people made it out to be. I think people just picked up on Kristen's off vibes and it was a bit of an excuse to vent about her.

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

Oh it was absolutely just the straw that broke the camel's back, and the excuse to blow the lid off everything she was doing. And imho, she made it worse for herself because she doubled down. There was just no way anything she was doing could be wrong.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

darcybones wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:23 am
sufficientcontact wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:09 am

Maybe that's what I'm remembering! Thank you haha.

TBH i'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I really don't think arcgate was as big a deal as people made it out to be. I think people just picked up on Kristen's off vibes and it was a bit of an excuse to vent about her.
totally agree. i thought the bali trip was worse because it had a direct impact on several individuals. arc gate didn't actually hurt anyone directly. it just made her look dumb for not knowing how arcs work.

and while all of us writers were mad at kristen for years, you don't wanna fuck with readers. readers are cut throat. she'd fucked over writers for years with her bs courses, but as soon as she fucked with readers? game over, cancelled off the internet, etc.

imshe never really recovered from that cancellation. her upwards trajectory of followers, book sales, course sales, etc, completely stagnated. she's tried covering that up the last few years by saying she had a spiritual awakening and not wanting to "hustle" anymore, but i'm pretty sure the truth is that her internet career got tanked.

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

She's also just one of those writers I always half thought was only in it because she thought she could make some money. She doesn't seem to be writing much these days since it's all gone downhill.

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

Am I the only one who really enjoyed her last video? It kinda felt like the old Kristen, with minimal starseed bullshit. And surprise, she's actually writing again?

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

No I was into it too. When Kristen is at her best I really do enjoy the ~vibe~, she used to be my favourite cleaning up background noise.

ankirkhart
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by ankirkhart »

I actually enjoyed the latest video, as well. Felt like old-school KM vibes when she was working, cleaning, being a normal human and just trying to chase her passion for writing, like the rest of us.

Malingers
Talker
Talker

Post by Malingers »

This just proves she can choose not to be a jerk, so she should do that. I used to really like her I hate the way it went.

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

Oh my god. Please tell me someone else has seen her new video. Grifters never sleep even though.... Giiiirl, you're about to have a baby. Wth is this??

Malingers
Talker
Talker

Post by Malingers »

From the site where she is selling this:
Q6: I think my package was lost in the mail . . . what should I do?

A6: Inner Divine Alchemy is not responsible for lost or stolen packages. When preparing each order, we take every step to make sure your package is sent with love and delivered safely to you. Although it is rare, if you believe your package was lost or stolen, we suggest confronting your local postal service or neighbors with your tracking number. USPS responds to emails rather quickly and should be able to resolve this for you. If the package was returned to sender due to wrong address or buyer error, the buyer will have to pay to ship the item again.

- IF YOUR PACKAGE IS LOST YOU SHOULD CONFRONT YOUR NEIGHBORS AND POSTAL WORKER. Confront is a specifically aggressive word.

(edited to italicize the text from the website for clarity)

Anyo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Anyo »

WriteByTheMoon wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:16 pm
Oh my god. Please tell me someone else has seen her new video. Grifters never sleep even though.... Giiiirl, you're about to have a baby. Wth is this??
I think she doesn't realize how having a baby is going to make her hella busy.
She also said in a previous video that she was selling all her books inventory because she'd be on a maternity leave... but now she opens a shop?

wordymouse
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wordymouse »

Snooped around online and found KM and her husband... he was married before for 22 years and his wife passed away from cancer :( KM taken on the wife and mother role after that makes me think she's more genuine than we've given her credit for.

JackieOfTrades
Informer
Informer

Post by JackieOfTrades »

wordymouse wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:05 am
Snooped around online and found KM and her husband... he was married before for 22 years and his wife passed away from cancer :( KM taken on the wife and mother role after that makes me think she's more genuine than we've given her credit for.
Doesn't make her any less of a grifter.

WriteByTheMoon
Informer
Informer

Post by WriteByTheMoon »

wordymouse wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:05 am
Oh my goodness, he must be a little bit older than KM then. That's weird, because she's talked like they crossed paths 7 or 8 years ago and it was a case of missed chances or something. I wonder what's the story there.

I hope their love is genuine and she really has learned to love his kids, but the cynical part of me thinks KM is accustomed to a certain lifestyle and she found herself a rich widower. This is part of why I can't take her manifestation shit seriously. You come from an extremely privileged background and you live a very comfortable life. Don't talk to me about how you're making things happen because you're speaking to the universe. You have MONEY. Money makes things happen, especially if you have an ounce of drive and discipline. Period.

wordymouse
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wordymouse »

I don't remember what company her cooperate job was with, but he works in the same industry. Also, his wife passed Aug. 2020. So I think her timeline checks out.

ETA: Okay, I just confirmed she worked at Clariant thanks to this forum lol They were coworker. He worked their for four years, until about 2016.
Last edited by wordymouse on Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

Damn, that's brutal. Had no idea he was a widow. I, too, thought from the way Kristen spoke, that they were old friends that maybe went to high school together and reconnected as adults. But if he was married 22 years, that means there's quite an age gap there. Not that that's a big deal, just makes me realize I was completely off.

I wonder how the deceased wife's family feels. I can't imagine the strangeness of seeing your loved one's husband finally deciding to move on, but it's with a much younger woman who believes she's an extraterrestrial being with psychic medium powers.

wordymouse
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wordymouse »

He's 45, KM is 35... that's not a crazy age gap when you're older. I've always felt like Kristen is nice with good intentions, just a little naive and delusional at times lol. So I think she's probably appreciated by the family--as much that she can be in that situation.

Return to “BookTube”