Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Bernadette Banner (Part 2)

Post by herewego2 »

Betwixtthefigs wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:12 am
popmypopcorn wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:53 am
The workroom tour is mildly cringe to watch. I have never seen someone being so overly excited about walls and bookshelves!
Hey now, I've been on the hunt for some nice big bookshelves forever. I get excited for them. 📚

It's nice to know that she uses Ebay and Marketplace to find stuff rather than buying fake vintage stuff at overpriced stores.

Whatever builder decided to put that modern ass kitchen in that place should be sued though. It looks ridiculous and out of place. But that's just my opinion.
Good, I was afraid it was just me and BB getting very excited over bookshelves. You could tell her enthusiasm was genuine. Her whole demeanor changed and I liked that we got to see her like that. I also get very excited over architecture and interior design so that kitchen hurt a bit. Victorian kitchens aren't the best, but there are definitely better cabinet options out there.

andipales
Debater
Debater

Post by andipales »

I think you have to remember that the building she's in was part of the massive gentrification of that area in the 90's and was converted without much thought towards 'historically accurate and aesthetically pleasing'. It was thrown together using what was there, because it was cheaper than taking it out, and done relatively quickly and cheaply in order to try and drag the entire postcode from the literal slum it had become. I have no doubt her research dug all of this up, and it probably feels like ancient history to her, but I lived around there back in the day, and I'm still amazed any of those building survived the onslaught of development the area saw. If it's had anything done to it in the last twenty or so years, it will only be within the realms of what made it sell or rent easily, because it's still not an ultra high end place, despite the council's best attempts. That said, it isn't full of drug dealers and poorly treated sex workers anymore, so there's that, I guess.

herewego2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by herewego2 »

andipales wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:54 am
I think you have to remember that the building she's in was part of the massive gentrification of that area in the 90's and was converted without much thought towards 'historically accurate and aesthetically pleasing'. It was thrown together using what was there, because it was cheaper than taking it out, and done relatively quickly and cheaply in order to try and drag the entire postcode from the literal slum it had become. I have no doubt her research dug all of this up, and it probably feels like ancient history to her, but I lived around there back in the day, and I'm still amazed any of those building survived the onslaught of development the area saw. If it's had anything done to it in the last twenty or so years, it will only be within the realms of what made it sell or rent easily, because it's still not an ultra high end place, despite the council's best attempts. That said, it isn't full of drug dealers and poorly treated sex workers anymore, so there's that, I guess.
I wasn't actually angry or seriously critical of the cabinet choices. I completely get why they were made. Kitchen aesthetics aren't usually high on the list for people renovating old buildings into apartments. I was surprised by how much of the original building had been preserved. The windows might have stayed because of the unusual shape, but I was pleasantly surprised by the arches. I'm glad they weren't covered up by drywall. The windows and arches give the room a lot of character and I completely get why she chose the apartment. I would have too.

Saffity
Talker
Talker

Post by Saffity »

Looking at Dani’s last couple of TikToks I’m pretty sure they’ve taken over the condo in New York.

hysterically_adq
Informer
Informer

Post by hysterically_adq »

Saffity wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:10 am
Looking at Dani’s last couple of TikToks I’m pretty sure they’ve taken over the condo in New York.

I am no Dani expert but I believe they had a regular job a year or two ago? I wonder if they’ve given that up to be a full time faun content creator and edit their sister’s videos while living in the family owned apartment? I recall seeing some of Dani’s puppet/model work in the past and it was really remarkable.

herewego2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by herewego2 »

hysterically_adq wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:45 am
Saffity wrote:

I am no Dani expert but I believe they had a regular job a year or two ago? I wonder if they’ve given that up to be a full time faun content creator and edit their sister’s videos while living in the family owned apartment? I recall seeing some of Dani’s puppet/model work in the past and it was really remarkable.
Their job could have been a Covid casualty?

hysterically_adq
Informer
Informer

Post by hysterically_adq »

herewego2 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:00 am
hysterically_adq wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:45 am

Their job could have been a Covid casualty?
Oh sure! Maybe they were freelance too and this is more stable. I just thought their puppets were cool and want to see more of them.

SteampunkEngineer
Learner
Learner

Post by SteampunkEngineer »

ah yes, minerva, also my favorite greek goddess...

LadyViorica
Informer
Informer

Post by LadyViorica »

Saffity wrote:

Bernadette's going to get on their case for wearing a corset with no shift underneath!

NastySkankBitch
Learner
Learner

Post by NastySkankBitch »

Saffity wrote:

Yes, they announced it on their Instagram like two weeks ago.

gardenofpeonies
Talker
Talker

Post by gardenofpeonies »

LadyViorica wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:39 am
Saffity wrote:

Bernadette's going to get on their case for wearing a corset with no shift underneath!
Ni shift, and it looks like they wear that corset upside down.

Demonkawala
Learner
Learner

Post by Demonkawala »

MillicentF wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Also, she did outsource editing. To Dani. First, it's nice to see sibling cooperation. Second, perhaps she will devote more time to sewing again. Yeah, I know, I'm being naive. Also, it might be a one time feat, yet I find it interesting.
For someone so in love with calling themselves a film-maker, I am surprised she outsourced to anyone at all. She seems really proud of her editing skills.

lanouk
Learner
Learner

Post by lanouk »

Demonkawala wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 am
MillicentF wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Also, she did outsource editing. To Dani. First, it's nice to see sibling cooperation. Second, perhaps she will devote more time to sewing again. Yeah, I know, I'm being naive. Also, it might be a one time feat, yet I find it interesting.
For someone so in love with calling themselves a film-maker, I am surprised she outsourced to anyone at all. She seems really proud of her editing skills.
I would guess it's just too much work to take on with her skillshare, youtube, day job and book.. since she's already gotten her video style down she probably showed her sibling the general ropes of her stylistic choices and definitely art directs from a distance.

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Post by BLAHscent »

Giitty wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:44 am
Covering the tv because it doesn't match the Aesthetic is so pretentious
That's what my family used to do some 30 years ago. We had special large doilies? home-made and embroidered towels? (Not sure what to call them) to cover the TV. One part was on top of the (old fashioned) TV with something heavy to keep it from falling, and most of it would cover the screen itself.
I'm not sure why we did that. And i have seen such items in old sewing books, so i guess other people also did it.
And yes, you wanted to watch TV? you had to lift the cover, turn on the TV, and when you were done, you'd cover the TV back again. And heaven forbid you forgot to cover the TV.... Fun times, hahaha
The TV itself WAS looking bad back then, but i can't tell you what the real reason was for covering it.
I blog @ [url=http://obscurejourney.com/]ObscureJourney.com[/url] at least monthly.
Please go check my other site as well, obscureoblige.over-blog.com. Thank you. <3

popmypopcorn
Informer
Informer

Post by popmypopcorn »

BLAHscent wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:51 am
Giitty wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:44 am
Covering the tv because it doesn't match the Aesthetic is so pretentious
That's what my family used to do some 30 years ago. We had special large doilies? home-made and embroidered towels? (Not sure what to call them) to cover the TV. One part was on top of the (old fashioned) TV with something heavy to keep it from falling, and most of it would cover the screen itself.
I'm not sure why we did that. And i have seen such items in old sewing books, so i guess other people also did it.
And yes, you wanted to watch TV? you had to lift the cover, turn on the TV, and when you were done, you'd cover the TV back again. And heaven forbid you forgot to cover the TV.... Fun times, hahaha
The TV itself WAS looking bad back then, but i can't tell you what the real reason was for covering it.
Oooh yes, it was quite a rage back then! Hard core elderlies even starched the lace doily, others put a cheesy chine ornament on it, or a flower pot. TV wasn't used as regularly, only turned on once or twice a day, and we used to have monday streaming silence!

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Post by BLAHscent »

popmypopcorn wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:12 am
BLAHscent wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:51 am

Oooh yes, it was quite a rage back then! Hard core elderlies even starched the lace doily, others put a cheesy chine ornament on it, or a flower pot. TV wasn't used as regularly, only turned on once or twice a day, and we used to have monday streaming silence!
Yes! starched, ironed, and everything! Also not allowed to touch it with dirty hands XDD
I blog @ [url=http://obscurejourney.com/]ObscureJourney.com[/url] at least monthly.
Please go check my other site as well, obscureoblige.over-blog.com. Thank you. <3

Sewabloom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sewabloom »

MillicentF wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pm
On another note. Did you notice the mug, she was using in her last video? You know, this mug:
kubek.jpg

It actually looks to be this one:

You know, some of us might be looking and/or needing that in our lives. And some of us might feel bad about BB's support for the franchise (no, I don't want to restart that conversation, it's just about the mug ;) ).
If she bought HP merch before the author controversy, (which is the most likely situation imo), then keeping it doesn't seem like an issue to me. It would just be wasteful to throw it out and tbh... it's a cute mug, if not a bit pricey.

Good eye though :-D

It would be different if she was walking around with a lightning bolt scar in sharpie on her head.

b4dave
Learner
Learner

Post by b4dave »

Has anyone watched the video Vintagebursche has put up on Ms Banner?

I think I like her better when she’s talking about clothes instead of herself…

IrishBreakfastTea
Informer
Informer

Post by IrishBreakfastTea »

b4dave wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:45 am
Has anyone watched the video Vintagebursche has put up on Ms Banner?

I think I like her better when she’s talking about clothes instead of herself…
No, but I'm casting about for something to watch, so maybe I'll watch that!

gardenofpeonies
Talker
Talker

Post by gardenofpeonies »

Looking at the picture she posted on Fb and Insta with that spinning wheel... Someone please tell the poor girl that it will definetly helps making it work, if she actually puts the driveband ON the wheel.

Return to “Costubers”