Sasha Alsberg Part 3 (take 2)

someonewatching
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 3 (take 2)

Post by someonewatching »

are masks no longer mandated in london? cause sasha reposted laura k sebastian’s instastory and it didn’t look like she was wearing one even though they were outside

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

Masks have never been mandatory outdoors in the UK. Only indoors, or in situations outside where you can’t socially distance.

I feel like Sasha is struggling with the responsibility of the dogs while living solo in a flat. She’s always lived with a roommate in the past so while they’re her dogs there’s been someone else to be with the dogs while she’s out and about. Now it’s all on her and she’s outsourcing the care to doggy daycare, dog walkers, dog trainers etc which must be costing a small fortune. I also notice she goes out with just Fiona a lot, I wonder if she’s leaving Frasier alone. He seems to be too much hard work for her.

It was interesting to hear her share about the other work she does on the side, it helps explain how she actually makes some money. I can’t imagine a few Instagram posts and a defunct YouTube channel could be earring her a steady income, and I still never really believed Taran was funding her lifestyle.

someonewatching
Lurker
Lurker

Post by someonewatching »

anastasia1989 wrote:
> Masks have never been mandatory outdoors in the UK. Only indoors, or in
> situations outside where you can’t socially distance.

Ah, I see! Thanks for the clarification! :)

Bookbiatch49
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bookbiatch49 »

[quote=anastasia1989 post_id=4419928 time=1619525912 user_id=220916]
Masks have never been mandatory outdoors in the UK. Only indoors, or in situations outside where you can’t socially distance.

I feel like Sasha is struggling with the responsibility of the dogs while living solo in a flat. She’s always lived with a roommate in the past so while they’re her dogs there’s been someone else to be with the dogs while she’s out and about. Now it’s all on her and she’s outsourcing the care to doggy daycare, dog walkers, dog trainers etc which must be costing a small fortune. I also notice she goes out with just Fiona a lot, I wonder if she’s leaving Frasier alone. He seems to be too much hard work for her.

It was interesting to hear her share about the other work she does on the side, it helps explain how she actually makes some money. I can’t imagine a few Instagram posts and a defunct YouTube channel could be earring her a steady income, and I still never really believed Taran was funding her lifestyle.
[/quote]

Hey all! Yeah I noticed the thread being deleted— weird!

I ALSO noticed she seems to walk Fiona alone a lot more which makes me a little sad for Fraser but I was actually really impressed and glad to see that she was paying for training and dog walkers and stuff. She clearly has the means and I’m glad she made them a priority I still think she’ll have a harder time of it but I hope it goes well for them!

And I immediately wandered if Sasha was being employed through Taran’s family. 😂

cringeobserver123
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by cringeobserver123 »

anastasia1989 wrote:
> Masks have never been mandatory outdoors in the UK. Only indoors, or in
> situations outside where you can’t socially distance.
>
> I feel like Sasha is struggling with the responsibility of the dogs while
> living solo in a flat. She’s always lived with a roommate in the past so
> while they’re her dogs there’s been someone else to be with the dogs while
> she’s out and about. Now it’s all on her and she’s outsourcing the care to
> doggy daycare, dog walkers, dog trainers etc which must be costing a small
> fortune. I also notice she goes out with just Fiona a lot, I wonder if
> she’s leaving Frasier alone. He seems to be too much hard work for her.
>
> It was interesting to hear her share about the other work she does on the
> side, it helps explain how she actually makes some money. I can’t imagine a
> few Instagram posts and a defunct YouTube channel could be earring her a
> steady income, and I still never really believed Taran was funding her
> lifestyle.

Sadly, she was struggling with the responsibility of dogs even a year before moving so I can only imagine it's gotten worse. But to clarify, the reason she's relying on Taran was precisely because of her insecurity about her main stream of income being able to support her long term. Not that theres not the possibility that bridge isn't steadily being burnt as well.

_mei
Talker
Talker

Post by _mei »

I forgot if I posted this or not, but I'm wondering if the money situation is coming from a trust fund? I'm fairly positive someone said her childhood home, which I think was sold, was valued at almost a million dollars? plus her father just passed so I wouldn't be surprised if she's gotten a nice inheritance. i truly hope she's spending wisely (and not relying on taran) because money goes quick and her social media presence doesn't seem stable...

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

On her live today, someone asked her what spurred her sudden hair change, and she said a breakup. She also mentioned her boyfriend liked her previous red color, so it seems like she wanted to make a statement with that.

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

chattybox wrote:
> On her live today, someone asked her what spurred her sudden hair change,
> and she said a breakup. She also mentioned her boyfriend liked her previous
> red color, so it seems like she wanted to make a statement with that.

Interesting! I didn’t see that. That would also explain why she has been particularly down for the past couple of weeks, talking about how horrible this year has been. Obviously the loss of her dad is still fresh, and she will be processing that grief for a long time, but it seemed like something else must have happened to spark all the vague posts about being miserable. I wonder if living alone in that dark little basement flat is going to be quite bad for her mental health, after moving across the world, losing her dad, ending a relationship etc. At least the dogs force her to get out a lot.

flagitdown
Learner
Learner

Post by flagitdown »

chattybox wrote:

So she moved all the way just for them to break up a few month later? That's though.

bookbandit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bookbandit »

Things I noticed lately:

On her latest IG live she was "writing a sexy scene for project red". I thought she had already finished the book and was "so excited" about all the "news" about the book that she never gave people...like?!

What happened to her bffl that she moved to London with? Like, if I ended up in a snazzy London neighbourhood with my bestie, we'd still be besties and talk/hang out (if covid protocols allowed it) even if we stopped living together.

I wonder if the breakup has caused her to private her twitter?

I'm not here to tell Sasha what to do, but I hope her London support system includes friends who might encourage her to go to therapy or something just to work through all the emotions of all the horrible things she's been through. No matter how weird I found her relationship with Taran, breakups hurt and I'm convinced he's the one that broke it off for some reason (maybe idk? They're still following each other on Insta). Losing a parent, avoiding the confrontation of admitting all the problematic things she's done...

I don't know how long she can sustain her London lifestyle (even with the added income someone here was discussing? and without Youtube since she hasn't posted in 11 months) because it still seems like her book is a long ways from hitting shelves. I assume the wannabe outlander book has already been picked up (and I don't know too much about publishing) - isn't there a limit to how many deadlines and stuff can be pushed? Her author website isn't even updated and still says she studies History in uni and lives in Massachusetts. I can think of how quickly other booktubers have gone from the first word to the first sale and...there are things that are very sus about it all. The link on her project red insta used to have a link to some character art, but that link doesn't work anymore.

Gossip_chatter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Gossip_chatter »

chattybox wrote:

I know it's not confirmed that Taran was her bf, but I recall someone mentioning on the other thread how Taran had a thing for the red Sasha used to have, since he followed lots of others with the same color. So maybe...? Still, breakups are terrible, and it must be even worse if she was hustling most of last year only for this to happen.
Again, I don't know any facts, but I hope she hasn't been getting in any toxic relations. She seemed really excited about coming to London, which was fishy overall, given how she could've waited for the pandemic to slow down. It's just a weird set of thoughts, and I hope she is able to sort out her life soon.

bookbandit wrote:
>I wonder if the breakup has caused her to private her twitter?

Possibly, but I think it's more because of the arc situation from last year. Since she has a book coming (Soonish??) It doesn't look very good for her and I think she's trying to get everyone to firget about it.

Also, about PR. And again, this was posted on the old thread. Someone had found some place talking about Sasha's new book. A publishers site I believe? Anyway, thehe title was "Breaking Time" (don't come for me I could be wrong), and there was a short synopsis thingy along with a release date for "Spring 2021" though it looks like that won't be happening lol. I'd paste a screenshot if I had one, maybe someone else has it? It was supposed to be around 60k words which really bugged me as I expected historical fantasy to be longer, but who knows. Maybe it will be?

This post is getting rather long lol so I'll leave it off here.

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

Is Sasha seeing someone new already? Because I had never seen her tag that guy she had on her insta stories before. He isn’t an author either so is she that desperate for a new man in her life?? Because he had more stories on his account with her being drunk and so on

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

agleita wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:31 am
Is Sasha seeing someone new already? Because I had never seen her tag that guy she had on her insta stories before. He isn’t an author either so is she that desperate for a new man in her life?? Because he had more stories on his account with her being drunk and so on
It seems odd. Either she’s had this going on for a while, in which case there’s a pretty tight timeline between this guy and the last one, or it’s still really new, and it’s kind of weird to be broadcasting an early date to your hundreds of thousands of followers. Of course, they could just be friends, but that wasn’t the vibe I got. If you scroll back not very far on the guys Instagram he has several photos of him wearing a “make America great again” cap. Maybe it’s tongue in cheek but even if that’s the case it’s pretty tasteless. Sasha has been vocal about being a democrat, that’s the kind of thing that would be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I suppose if he’s passably cute and has a Scottish accent she’ll overlook a lot.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Just curious what her other job is? Since this thread got deleted I didn't get to read it, thank you!

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

She does seem like a person like she can't be alone, she needs a man, even if it's not serious.
Why posting so early on, on Insta? well she posts everything in her life, because most of the things she does it's for bragging online, and possibly so Taran can see she moved on xD

tealover3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by tealover3 »

Guys this thread is so slow!!!! But I figured out Taran and Sasha broke up a bit ago and kept coming here to see if anyone else had come to that conclusion. I can't remember what all the clues were, but I feel so bad for her. I noticed his petty self unliked most of her instagram posts except ones from a really long time ago. I really truly hope she moves on with someone way better than him. obviously we have no way of knowing all the details, but if he really dumped her after she MOVED ACROSS THE WORLD for him and lost her dad, he is a true douchebag. I mean I guess she could be the one who dumped him or it could be mutual, but judging from her latest post, I really feel like he ended things. And it never sat well with me that she could never officially say they were together. As a woman myself, I know I like to brag on my significant other on the socials, so the fact that she couldn't makes me think he's really always been the issue. Which seriously just upsets me so much. I hope she finds someone amazing and shows his that stupid taran with the weird red-hair fetish that she don't need his dumb self!
Last edited by tealover3 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tealover3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by tealover3 »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:15 am
She does seem like a person like she can't be alone, she needs a man, even if it's not serious.
Why posting so early on, on Insta? well she posts everything in her life, because most of the things she does it's for bragging online, and possibly so Taran can see she moved on xD
Ya'll haven't you been young before and done this stuff?! Breakups are hard and worse when you are still so green in life. Especially a relationship like theirs where they have been together for a few years. Most people who break up want their ex to know they moved on. So what if shes moving too quickly? Also, I know everyone says you need time to yourself to truly heal after a breakup, but part of that time to yourself can be exploring things with a new person! That newfound freedom to date after a long commitment is exhilarating and probably overwhelming. Let's remember to be kind and let the girl be human during her pain. Let's also not forget HER DAD JUST DIED! And furthermore, she just uprooted her whole life and moved to a new country. Also, someone doxxed her and she had to move apartments. Thats so much stuff going on for a 20 something girl. Let's have compassion please. Although, I am a bit curious if the apartment thing had more to do with the breakup. I always wondered if Taran helped her get the first apartment and then maybe she didn't feel comfortable living there after they ended things. Although, I find it so odd that she seems distant from her roommate. Although, having had roommates myself, I find that women generally clash as roommates. Who knows?
Last edited by tealover3 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tealover3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by tealover3 »

Callan wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:47 am
Just curious what her other job is? Since this thread got deleted I didn't get to read it, thank you!
She said she was doing marketing for other companies wanting to increase their social media engagement using her experience as an online persona to help them navigate all that.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

It sucks that the original part 3 thread was deleted, someone shared details about Project Red’s publication, including a synopsis and title. It was slated for publication this spring, but it looks like that’s been pushed back. I tried to find the link again, but was unsuccessful.

Honestly I hope she is doing okay. I know she is extremely extroverted and is almost certainly the kind of person who would prefer to live with a roommate or significant other, so I suspect living by herself probably isn’t helping things.

She never confirmed that she and Taran were together, but it was pretty obvious that they were. Echoing that someone definitely posted in a previous thread (I think part 2, so maybe it wasn’t deleted?) that Taran was following a bunch of redhead accounts, so I think she’s referring to him when she talks about her ex liking her red hair. I’m sure them breaking up less than six month since she relocated full-time to the UK has been really hard for her, on top of her father's passing. Taran was also almost certainly the person who introduced her to most of her UK social circle, so like others have said I hope she has people in the UK who aren’t connected to him that she can rely on. I also kind of wonder if part of the reason she moved was because he was subsidizing her portion of the rent she split with her roommate at her old apartment.

I missed her talking about the work she does on the side. What does she do? I’ve always through she would really benefit from getting a part time job and would probably actually really enjoy working in retail/food service/customer service, but I’m guessing her job is social media related or social media-adjacent at the very least.

In terms of her financial situation, my theory has always been that her mother had a good life insurance policy (she was a professor at Northwestern), and that Sasha and her twin were its beneficiaries. They might have inherited other sources of money from her as well. Sasha’s twin used her portion to go to university in-state (good call!), Sasha used hers to fund her post-high school life, supplemented with the money she made from Zenith’s book deal. I believe she met Taran in 2017, and it’s been speculated (I think correctly) that he footed the bill for a lot of her international travel/stays in the UK. I believe receipts in the previous thread confirmed that she sold Project Red at the end of 2019, and I think the signing advance from that is part of what made her rush to move to the UK in 2020. I believe her father has children from a previous marriage, so Sasha would likely inherit a smaller portion of his estate. Estates also take a long time to sort out, so I think it's likely she is not currently relying on her inheritance from him as a significant income source yet.

I want to be clear that I’m absolutely not trying to insinuate that there is anything slimy about her receiving her mother’s life insurance benefits, if I’m right I think it was incredibly smart of her mom to do this. I also hope I didn't talk about her parents' estates too clinically in a way that came off as insensitive.

thatsthetea93
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thatsthetea93 »

I watched the long Instagram live she did last week while getting ready for a date and she talked about breaking up with her longest partner and also online dating in London. I actually wish she’d do more “getting ready with me” type vids lol.

It must be incredibly difficult for her. I can’t imagine (I’m assuming) moving to another country to be with your boyfriend of several years and then you break up as soon as you get there, especially when she said it’s her first multi-year relationship. In addition to her dad passing. Also I feel like a break up from Taran (from the family of a legit billionaire) is a total lifestyle change. She was talking about budgeting and not needing fancy, expensive skincare on her live (when she went over her routine). So I wonder if she has to be more cautious financially now, like the fairytale of all the $$$ is over.

But hope she finds someone who makes her happy and there’s a less weird dynamic in the relationship.

Return to “BookTube”