Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Kackie Reviews Beauty

Post by Boohbear75 »

kpopit wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:23 pm
I haven't heard fjords brought up in over a year 😂

I wish she would do timestamps so I could fast forward to get to her actually talking about products instead of about herself.
She has talked about it and did another blush swatch video. I just don't like when she gets on her soapbox about things she doesn't really have a good grasp of but thinks she does.

kpopit
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by kpopit »

Any examples? I really respected her Tati video

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

kpopit wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:16 pm
Any examples? I really respected her Tati video
You wouldn't like my examples so I'd rather not you'd probably flag my post so ill only say this. That same Tati response video you loved felt like gatekeeping to me based solely on politics and it was icky. Not even a fan of Tati or standing up for her either.

Makeup and politics shouldn't be mixed IMO.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

Fair enough

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

To a certain extent politics are important, and I think that influencers who perpetuate dangerous ideologies should be called out for it

Now with someone like Kackie she doesn't have the balls to rock the boat so she keeps it vanilla which I understand

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:48 pm
To a certain extent politics are important, and I think that influencers who perpetuate dangerous ideologies should be called out for it

Now with someone like Kackie she doesn't have the balls to rock the boat so she keeps it vanilla which I understand
Alienating potentially half her audience is a bad business model

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was watching her video on trying new drusgtore and idk man....she was so snobby about it. Like with the ELf sunscreen not everyone wants to spend 30 something dollars on a freaking sunscreen, and honestly in the same boat of her bestie HLP she acts like she doesn't give proper credit to good quality drusgtore products

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:01 pm
I was watching her video on trying new drusgtore and idk man....she was so snobby about it. Like with the ELf sunscreen not everyone wants to spend 30 something dollars on a freaking sunscreen, and honestly in the same boat of her bestie HLP she acts like she doesn't give proper credit to good quality drusgtore products
I've come to the conclusion that the people I hate on youtube, including Kackie (what a shitty name, by the way), The Mooch (Hannah Poston) and Thrift Thick (Cassandra Napoli), are all theatre kids with their 'look at me, I'm better than you' personas. They continue to crave everyone's attention long after their theatre kid days are over. It's sad. And annoying. :grump:

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

She's an idiot. Whilst using the ELF sunscreen she went on a rant about cheaper brands copying the packaging of more luxury brands but, hilariously, she couldn't work out which brand the ELF sunscreen was supposedly trying to dupe! She's an idiot. :jes:

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Wtf is going on with her hair in her top shelf video, it looks like she didn’t even brush it. She goes “it’s my natural texture, I had it in a bun that’s why it’s kinky and wavy” baby those aren’t waves it’s crispy and frizzy

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

long stay wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:24 am
She's an idiot. Whilst using the ELF sunscreen she went on a rant about cheaper brands copying the packaging of more luxury brands but, hilariously, she couldn't work out which brand the ELF sunscreen was supposedly trying to dupe! She's an idiot. :jes:
She's been growing a following of high end consumers so she's having to throw in comments like this because admitting she likes drugstore products is bad for her image.

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

velvetmuse wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:40 am
Wtf is going on with her hair in her top shelf video, it looks like she didn’t even brush it. She goes “it’s my natural texture, I had it in a bun that’s why it’s kinky and wavy” baby those aren’t waves it’s crispy and frizzy
Yikes the hair is giving crazy homeless baglady vibes.

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Boohbear75 wrote:
velvetmuse wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:40 am
Yikes the hair is giving crazy homeless baglady vibes.
And she thinks it’s a whole vibe Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

It is a vibe. The vibe is insane dirty homeless cat lady.

I swear she seemed manic on top of that.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

long stay wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:32 am

I've come to the conclusion that the people I hate on youtube, including Kackie (what a shitty name, by the way), The Mooch (Hannah Poston) and Thrift Thick (Cassandra Napoli), are all theatre kids with their 'look at me, I'm better than you' personas. They continue to crave everyone's attention long after their theatre kid days are over. It's sad. And annoying. :grump:
This is an interesting observation. It does explain why she of all people ends up reviewing beauty, she’s not ugly but she isn’t conventionally pretty in any way. It also could explain a feeling I had, I initially thought she’s queer and maybe doesn’t know it. Theatre is a haven for all sorts, just liking to perform and be gawked at is likely why people start YouTubes about their looks.

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:52 pm
long stay wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:32 am

This is an interesting observation. It does explain why she of all people ends up reviewing beauty, she’s not ugly but she isn’t conventionally pretty in any way. It also could explain a feeling I had, I initially thought she’s queer and maybe doesn’t know it. Theatre is a haven for all sorts, just liking to perform and be gawked at is likely why people start YouTubes about their looks.
Yep, they say politics is show business for ugly people so perhaps beauty youtube can be show business for the not 'conventionally pretty' people :yup:

Pineapple92
Learner
Learner

Post by Pineapple92 »

My god this chick really likes the sound of her own voice.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

Anyone else see a big beady brunette resemblence between Kackie Reviews and Dr Dray?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Kackie reminds me of someone under the influence of snow

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

Overall I like Kackie until she starts diving into her politics. DR. Dray is weird to me like how is she an expert in her field? Reminds me of Abbey Sharp in that fact that both of their issues seem to indicate lack of actual expertise in their fields even though their degrees say it’s true there’s just a disconnect between their realities and what they’ve been taught to say.

Return to “K-O”