EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

lemonlemmings
Learner
Learner

Re: EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Post by lemonlemmings »

She's definitely noticed that she dropped below 1 million. That's when she started reminding viewers to subscribe and all that when she used to proudly make it a point to never do that.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I thought she never mentioned that subscribing before but she did on a video I watched. I wondered when she started mentioning it.

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

I tried to suggest once on her TikTok that she should add swatches and clips of makeup application to her reviews. All she does currently is take a video of a product (just sitting there) while she talks about it. IMO that's even more obviously aging her than her YouTube presence. But she will never learn anything new, which is strange because she's not that old. Her video formats have been the same for her entire career. She has kind of a Boomer mindset, I've seen her complain about TikTok and say nobody has the attention span for YouTube anymore, woe is me working so hard over here.

And recently she was talking about her marriage troubles because she's "too controlling" and "needs to let things go." To me that sounds like Tyler does not carry any of the mental load for parenting but expects to be given autonomy and the ability to make decisions without complaint. And of course because they have that religious background Emily sees it as a flaw in herself rather than him. It's sad.

lemonlemmings
Learner
Learner

Post by lemonlemmings »

Her TikToks need A LOT of work. She sees them as really really short YouTube videos and starts off the TikTok with her usual "Hey everyone! Today I'm going to blah blah." Totally different format here, Emily! You need to capture people within the first couple of seconds or they're going to keep scrolling.

SimplySpeculating
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SimplySpeculating »

arctous wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am

And recently she was talking about her marriage troubles because she's "too controlling" and "needs to let things go." To me that sounds like Tyler does not carry any of the mental load for parenting but expects to be given autonomy and the ability to make decisions without complaint. And of course because they have that religious background Emily sees it as a flaw in herself rather than him. It's sad.
I remember I watched a vlog of hers where she was complaining because Bub/Tyler put a new roll of toilet paper on the wrong way. She said it was something that had been talked about and she wished he had listened to her. And then she went, 'oh, I guess I should be grateful just to have toilet paper.' and moved on. Felt like it was such a telling little moment.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

She seems like she gets sick so often, I know kids in school are like germ factories but sooner or later that "mom gene" kicks in and you don't catch everything. She should be taking some vitamins or something.

Indignant Hedgehog
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Indignant Hedgehog »

SimplySpeculating wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:29 pm
arctous wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am

I remember I watched a vlog of hers where she was complaining because Bub/Tyler put a new roll of toilet paper on the wrong way. She said it was something that had been talked about and she wished he had listened to her. And then she went, 'oh, I guess I should be grateful just to have toilet paper.' and moved on. Felt like it was such a telling little moment.
Death by a thousand cuts is a real thing. Most of life is made up of "little things". Plus, usually we can let little stuff go because we're happy generally and our partner fulfills more important needs...but if not...

She might act in controlling ways because she is in denial that he isn't a good partner---so in classic codependent patterns, she tries to "make" him be a good partner. She needs to step back and let him fail, painful as that is, and decide what that means for her marriage. I truly feel for her.

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

Do we think ANYONE has ever called "her buddy David" just to buy Estee Lauder products? It's so awkward every time she tries to promote him lol.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

I wonder. I'm not sure why you would call David or some other EL consultant (or whatever his title is, I forget) when you can just order whatever you want online yourself.

Greeneyedbaby8790
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Greeneyedbaby8790 »

I think what bothers me most is the child beauty pageants she lets her daughter do. Maybe that's just me but I think her Instagram page is just a big blinking light to welcome creeps to look at her kids. Is it naivity on her part? I'm unsure, and I'm sure there are people who will disagree with me on the pageant thing. It just bugs me a little bit that she uses any opportunity to parade her daughters around in makeup. Let them be children. They're not dolls, they're your kids.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Greeneyedbaby8790 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:12 am
I think what bothers me most is the child beauty pageants she lets her daughter do. Maybe that's just me but I think her Instagram page is just a big blinking light to welcome creeps to look at her kids. Is it naivity on her part? I'm unsure, and I'm sure there are people who will disagree with me on the pageant thing. It just bugs me a little bit that she uses any opportunity to parade her daughters around in makeup. Let them be children. They're not dolls, they're your kids.
I don't like that Emily put her daughter in a child beauty pageant either. She also makes a point in her post saying that her daughter wanted to do it and she didn't make her daughter participate. I guess that makes it better? She must be aware of how it reflects on her for her daughter to be participating; otherwise she wouldn't pointedly say that it was her daughter's idea. I still don't like it.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Her latest video...the way she went on and on about the sonic pretzel and cheese dip?

I think someone mentioned this wayyyy back in this thread (it honestly doesn't move very fast, lol) that her diet and eating habits are weird, and with her latest video, I fully concur.

Sonic is fast food. Plain and simple. The way that she raved about that pretzel makes me feel like she needs to go out more and try other better cuisines. It's just so weird. It's literally junk food, fast food. And she's praising it like it's some delicacy.

What's sad is that her 3 kids are going to pick up the same poor taste palate as her.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

She dropped another thousand subs.
Not that 997k is a bad fan base but it's sad. She was so happy to reach 1 million.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Has she changed her content at all? I kept checking back in on her videos occasionally because I always liked
Emily. She just wouldn’t take any suggestions at all. Is it worth me going back in again for another try?

Everyone on YouTube changes their content and style a little over the years to help their audience.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

tar wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:47 pm
Has she changed her content at all? I kept checking back in on her videos occasionally because I always liked
Emily. She just wouldn’t take any suggestions at all. Is it worth me going back in again for another try?

Everyone on YouTube changes their content and style a little over the years to help their audience.
No, she really hasn't changed. In fact, her content is more boring. No vlogs or ootd or opening PR.
I'll always love her for her personality. I'm a boring housewife too. I respect that she doesn't get botox and fillers or do sponsorships.
But I used to imitate her makeup looks until I realized how outdated and overdone it really is. No one is doing her style of makeup unless it's a really special day or night occasion.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Deedlemonster wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:18 am
tar wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:47 pm

No, she really hasn't changed. In fact, her content is more boring. No vlogs or ootd or opening PR.
I'll always love her for her personality. I'm a boring housewife too. I respect that she doesn't get botox and fillers or do sponsorships.
But I used to imitate her makeup looks until I realized how outdated and overdone it really is. No one is doing her style of makeup unless it's a really special day or night occasion.
I loved Emily back in the day. I looked for to her videos and her vlogs. Then she never changed anything up.
Her look never changed. I had been watching for years. Styles change. Emily doesn’t. It’s fine if you watch
for comfortable content and not actual information. I really thought Emily was going places. It’s fine if she
didn’t want to or couldn’t.

I have thought about watching just to discuss but I don’t know if I could be too nice or positive. We could
possibly get her topic going again a little bit.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^ you hit the nail on the head, @tar. Emily is the only beautuber I watch consistently nowadays (her and KennieJD - hilarious), but it's for comfort. I don't really learn anything new from her, but if I need something to listen to on my commute to work, I put on her videos on.

In a way, it's nice that Emily knows who she is and not constantly chasing the next trend. I bet it makes her feel good that her channel is contributing some income into the household while not holding her back from spending time with her family, which we can tell is her priority. Her channel is just a hobby that generates income at this point. It's not really a business, which is fine. But her channel isn't going to grow any more than what it is now.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I just wish she could update her makeup style to something more current. The heavy style she prefers just
isn’t what people can learn from. She is just losing subscribers because she’s no longer giving people what
they need. I do enjoy her when the holiday palettes come out but I rarely buy them anymore because
most holiday palettes are less quality these days. She’s a comfort channel only though and there’s so
much social media out there available to consume these days.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

If you want to watch an Emily type of person but actually has a more modern twist, check out Jen Phelps. She's older than Emily but wears her makeup like a normal person, not a 1990s beauty contestant.
(I don't think she has her own board on here)

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

Chiyou wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:03 pm
Greeneyedbaby8790 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:12 am
I don't like that Emily put her daughter in a child beauty pageant either. She also makes a point in her post saying that her daughter wanted to do it and she didn't make her daughter participate. I guess that makes it better? She must be aware of how it reflects on her for her daughter to be participating; otherwise she wouldn't pointedly say that it was her daughter's idea. I still don't like it.
That bugged me too. She chose to do it because she's been raised that way, simple as that. And Emily is constantly posting the two girls in sports bras and short shorts for their cheerleading classes they're doing. The giant bows and the matching dresses are just not it for me, but that's a personal opinion. The other stuff is harmful and there's so much evidence that predators seek out pages like hers for content.

Return to “Emilynoel83”