EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Re: EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Post by Gossipladylady »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:29 pm
I wish she would occasionally film in natural light. The complete 4am darkness is not flattering and it makes her makeup look so muddy. Can Tyler not handle his own freaking kids for a few hours on a Saturday so she can knock out some videos with decent lighting? I don't think Tyler takes her YouTube career seriously. I realize he is probably paying all the bills, but with her views, she is making some money. Perhaps she needs to throw Rhett in a mother's morning out program so she can work properly.
I am wondering if it is Emily who wants to take the easy way out and not film at other times of day. She nocks out some dark-outside overly berry-looks videos using the same tired products she always uses and makes good money and then goes about her day. She tries to appear as though makeup excites her and she still cares about it, but she seems to take the easy road to making videos (I guess I would too though if I had been doing it as long as her). And her look is still the same as 2012. I guess if people are still watching she is doing something right. I unsubbed though.

Seen_From_Space
Learner
Learner

Post by Seen_From_Space »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:29 pm
I wish she would occasionally film in natural light. The complete 4am darkness is not flattering and it makes her makeup look so muddy. Can Tyler not handle his own freaking kids for a few hours on a Saturday so she can knock out some videos with decent lighting? I don't think Tyler takes her YouTube career seriously. I realize he is probably paying all the bills, but with her views, she is making some money. Perhaps she needs to throw Rhett in a mother's morning out program so she can work properly.
I think she might be struggling with the kids because she relied on her mom a lot with the girls. Now that her parents are getting up in age, and with her dad's health issues, it probably threw her for a loop. I'm just speculating on all that, but she seems to be taking the easy way out. I understand that kids are a lot of work, but the girls are old enough to handle themselves for a bit, and she can work during the daylight hours if she really wanted to.

Greeneyedbaby8790
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Greeneyedbaby8790 »

Does it bother anyone else that she's on Instagram posting pictures of her two young daughters in a full face of makeup saying a little mascara and boom they're 16. Like why would you want your little girls to look 16? Especially on a place like Instagram where anybody can look at the photos of your children? There's creeps all over the Internet and I feel like Emily is just too ignorant to figure out that hey there's creeps on the internet maybe I shouldn't post pictures of my daughters like this. Like I might seem that I'm nitpicking at her a little bit and maybe I am, but it almost seems to me like she's in a rush to get them to grow up so she can put makeup on them or something instead of letting them enjoy being children.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Greeneyedbaby8790 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:01 pm
Does it bother anyone else that she's on Instagram posting pictures of her two young daughters in a full face of makeup saying a little mascara and boom they're 16. Like why would you want your little girls to look 16? Especially on a place like Instagram where anybody can look at the photos of your children? There's creeps all over the Internet and I feel like Emily is just too ignorant to figure out that hey there's creeps on the internet maybe I shouldn't post pictures of my daughters like this. Like I might seem that I'm nitpicking at her a little bit and maybe I am, but it almost seems to me like she's in a rush to get them to grow up so she can put makeup on them or something instead of letting them enjoy being children.
I didn’t know she did that. She should know better than that. There’s weirdos everywhere these days.

It sounds sounds like she’s rushing them towards growing up. She should just let them be kids. Children grow up so fast.

Greeneyedbaby8790
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Greeneyedbaby8790 »

tar wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:43 pm
Greeneyedbaby8790 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:01 pm
I didn’t know she did that. She should know better than that. There’s weirdos everywhere these days.

It sounds sounds like she’s rushing them towards growing up. She should just let them be kids. Children grow up so fast.
Yeah, you should look, it's like are you for real??? And she also has a picture of them in gymnastics wearing booty shorts too. Like how can someone be so ignorant?

Whatuboutme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Whatuboutme »

Her skin looks awful in the most recent video, super red and angry. Ofc it was another "throwback" video since she loves to live her glory days of 8-12 years ago. She's either doing throwback videos or showcasing the most obscure brands ever.

Whatuboutme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Whatuboutme »

ALSO how many leopard/cheetah print cheap tshirts does this woman have? It seems like she's always got a variation of that shirt on and I swear it makes her look more dated than she already is.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

I physically cringe when she puts on blush. Then again after she puts on the blush and turns to the side and it's a stripe of blaring color.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Any chance she has improved her makeup or tried something new? I saw a new post in her thread.

It doesn’t sound like it. I keep hoping for a good sign of life from the old Emily from years ago.

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

This woman’s kids are far too ugly to be parading them around like she does. Nobody wants to see them! Let alone in makeup or revealing clothes!!! She needs to get right in the head.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

tar wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:52 am
Any chance she has improved her makeup or tried something new? I saw a new post in her thread.

It doesn’t sound like it. I keep hoping for a good sign of life from the old Emily from years ago.
Honestly, I think that's the problem.. it IS the old Emily from 10 yrs ago. Same old makeup looks, same old videos and same old tired ass brands. It's really pathetic when her "switching it up" or "stepping out of her comfort zone" is to put down the WetnWild or Profusion and actually use something new from Tarte.. or maybe she'll REALLY go wild and use some (gasp) TwoFaced! How scandalous 🙄 Would it kill her to take a risk and try some indie?? I'm not even suggesting that she go crazy with multichromes or glitters. There's plenty of great indie brands that are solely gorgeous shimmers and pigmented mattes. I know she'd love SydneyGrace or GiveMeGlow and her resistance to showcasing brands like that really throws me for loop.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

She dropped under a million subscribers, that's gotta hurt!

mercercdg92
Lurker
Lurker

Emily's makeup application

Post by mercercdg92 »

Something comes across as dated, and somewhat unflattering as far as Emily's makeup application.

First of all, despite what I might be saying I still love Emily's channel. I love the variety of products she reviews, and I think that the concept of making videos such as "what's old at the drugstore" is super cool! I've always loved her in depth reviews and the Emily awards are my favourite.

All that said, I am not a huge fan of how Emily does her makeup looks.

I find her love for super matte foundation a little dated and kind of unflattering at her age. It may have worked for her when she first started her channel, 14 years ago or so, but now I think it ages her! The heavy blush she uses also looks rather aging over heavy, matte thick base. A dewy foundation would be much more flattering for her in my opinion!

I also find the way she applies her eyeshadow a little unflattering as well. I love a good "V" shape that elongates the eyes and gives a little lift, but Emily seems to always apply her eye makeup in a squared off sort of fashion, not blending much past the outer lid, which doesn't suit her eye shape or make her eyes appear bigger.

It's not that she is "bad" at applying makeup. I just find her techniques very old school and borring

mercercdg92
Lurker
Lurker

Emily's makeup tutorials are dated

Post by mercercdg92 »

I am not posting this to bash emilynoel83 as a whole, I have been a subscriber of hers for over 10 years, and I love her in depth product reviews.

I also love how she reviews products that are underrated or old school products that have been around forever.

My only complaint is that I find Emily's makeup application rather dated.

For one thing, she always goes for a medium to high coverage matte foundation and powder, which may have suited her skin 14 years ago, but now ages her!

I also find her that her eyeshadow application does nothing to elongate or open up her eyes.
The variety of colors she uses on her lids is always very pretty, but she tends to do a very boring squared off shape with the shadows, with the darkest color ending at the end of her eyelid rather than being blended Into an elongated outer V shape tapered towards the end of the brow.
I feel that a different application would help make her eyes appear larger.

Like Emily, I also love blush, but her heavy application (almost always consisting of dusty rose) applied over the full coverage matte foundation ages her.

Like I said, in her younger days the style of makeup she currently wears might have been sophisticated and flattering on her but nowadays it just makes her look old and matronly

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

I like Emily. Mainly because she's so real. No botox, flashy cars and handbags, etc.
But, it's the same content 99% of the time.
She doesn't even change her location to spice things up.
Do a video out by the pool or in the bathroom. Anything to change it up!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I have mentioned several times over the years that Emily was one of the first YouTubers I subscribed to. I followed her closely. Her
content never changes or updates though. Think of all the changes Emily has been through since she’s started YouTube. Her skin has
surely changed and the trends have changed.

Emily doesn’t change her technique at all. I imagine most of us have updated our technique as we learn new things. Emily doesn’t teach very many new things and the colors end up looking the same regardless of what makeup she uses unfortunately. I have left
and come back before because I like Emily and have hope.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

Ooooh she got snippy in her fancy stuff video about "makeup rules"
Saying there are no rules, do what you like.
Maybe she saw how we were making fun of her same old looks that haven't evolved

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She made sure to let everyone know that there are no rules to makeup yet she wears her makeup as if there is. She does her
makeup the same way with the same colors almost every time. I knew what colors she would pick for her anniversary trial run
before she did. When she went for the green for a second I knew she wouldn’t pick it and she didn’t. It’s almost always berry, rose, mauve tones. She doesn’t ever change anything up. She’s so rigid.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

Yup, she went into a rant again in her next video too.
We know there are no rules but I've been thinking for years that she should do a look that would get views, use products people want to see and then shut off the camera, wash it off and go back and do her makeup again with the 1990s Miss Pageant look if she loves that so much.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

:yup: Just show her audience that she has the range ability to do something different occasionally. Do a fun look when “Bub” is
around to watch the kids during the day. Show us a “no makeup” makeup look. Has she done one of those? Maybe she has. I admit I
don’t really watch much anymore because it’s always the same. Makeup has changed. Emily’s look hasn’t. Her prerogative of
course. She’s losing subscribers and views though.

Return to “Emilynoel83”