Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BestDressed - Ashley aka BarelyDressed Pt. 2

Post by lomlyhm »

some comments on the account "dresslikebestdressed"
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.51.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.51.19 PM.png
honestly not surprised, she's been getting a bunch of comments asking her to wear her mask outside in the most recent outdoor one as well as people begging her to do the bare minimum to post about myanmar and the uptick of hate crimes against asian american elders but nothing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

lomlyhm wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm
and the uptick of hate crimes against asian american elders but nothing...
She posted a story about that 2h ago. Or posted someone else's story, not sure. Just one story, than several stories about her ugly dress - 125.99$ on sale. :rofl:

toTheBasementPeople
Informer
Informer

Post by toTheBasementPeople »

lomlyhm wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm
some comments on the account "dresslikebestdressed"
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.51.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.51.19 PM.png
honestly not surprised, she's been getting a bunch of comments asking her to wear her mask outside in the most recent outdoor one as well as people begging her to do the bare minimum to post about myanmar and the uptick of hate crimes against asian american elders but nothing...
not posting about hate crimes against AsAm is one thing but she's literally ethnically from Myanmar... she's pretty much the only Burmese person I can think of and she's not posting about it which is extremely upsetting because when she *does* talk about AsAm issues, it's either about being fetishized or some surface-level bobal liberal bs

lomlyhm
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lomlyhm »

apparently her boyfriend's (?) on tinder. mfs name is barry lmaoooo

cashewwmilkk
Learner
Learner

Post by cashewwmilkk »

looks like her subreddit that used to worship her is now saying what GG has been saying all along.
Also if her bf's actually cheating on her that's horrible

IamaWitch
Informer
Informer

Post by IamaWitch »

I mean, from what she has said about him they seem to be in an open relationship. She called him her best friend and said they fuck. If she's all lovey dovey and says he makes her heart burst etc that could still be true even if they see other people. Some people prefer that type of relationship. And from what I have heard from Ashley, she seems to be unsure about monogamous relationships. If they're both happy with this arrangement, then no one should judge it I think.
I also felt really disturbed by people on reddit claiming it seems like something she would do to make herself seem hot. I don't think people would say that about a guy being in open relationships. Being monogamous and getting married etc just isn't what feels right for a lot of people, especially in younger generations. I don't know. I just think this is something super personal and something only the people involved in should have a say in. If they're all comfortable it's all good.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

If you're in an open relationship, you don't write in your profile that you want to find someone to leave Tinder together. He did write that. So IF they are in an open relationship, he is looking for someone else for a monogamous one, so he is looking to leave Ashley for another person.

(I am actually very confused. I posted about that yesterday, with a screenshot. But it either got deleted or I just dreamed to post on GG? So confusing.)

kitten_mitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kitten_mitten »

Ciaokitty wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 am
If you're in an open relationship, you don't write in your profile that you want to find someone to leave Tinder together. He did write that. So IF they are in an open relationship, he is looking for someone else for a monogamous one, so he is looking to leave Ashley for another person.

(I am actually very confused. I posted about that yesterday, with a screenshot. But it either got deleted or I just dreamed to post on GG? So confusing.)
I think it was more of a joke about giving women orgasms than a literal invitation to a monogamous relationship. I do think Ashley would like a monogamous relationship, but is too caught up in being a “cool girl” to actually admit or express that.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

@kitten_mitten: I agree. Poly is hip today in less conservative people so Ashley also wants to be the hip girl.

Gummo_Sevigny
Informer
Informer

Post by Gummo_Sevigny »

Ashley just wants to be edgy for cool points. She's tries too hard, and her hair looks so trashy IMO.
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

JessicaLovejoy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by JessicaLovejoy »

I find her makeup look is only cute when it’s far away. When she does close ups, her makeup is super messy and seem to lack some fine motor skills. And her skirts are really really short now. I wonder how she sits down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moomoo34
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by moomoo34 »

Is she ever going to bring up Myanmar? She's one of those wasians that loves to bring up how one of their parents has an Asian fetish. I seriously can't think of a time she hasn't brought up Asian fetish and dating. She literally pretends to so woke and progressive but she really just doesn't want to accept that she is privileged as fuck. 1.affluent with wealthy parents 2.white proximity 3.white circle of friends with limited diversity 4.feels like she can't be a perpetrator of injustices because she's Asian. The literal definition of boba liberal. Also, does anyone remember last year during the riots she said she felt weird educating herself on black issues because she thought it detracted from Asian ones? Even though she claims she doesn't feel that way anymore wtf did she bring it up at all? Way to make everything about yourself. I think that's the real reason she hasn't posted anything about what's happening in Myanmar and to Asian-Americans. She can't think of a way to not make it about herself and doesn't want to get backlash for not having a social conscience.

meiiimay
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by meiiimay »

Ashley is ethnically Chinese, she said so in her "50 facts about me" video. TBH idk why she says she's Burmese because she rarely or never talks about Myanmar. Her mother is ethnically Chinese from Myanmar but she's totally assimilated to America. I don't think her mom would practice or pass down Burmese customs to Ashley so it's not her fault if she doesn't know anything about Burmese culture. That being said she could have brought up the current situation happening in Myanmar and support their fight for democracy but she hasn't. I feel like Ashley says she's Burmese because it sounds way more exotic than saying you're one of the many Chinese living in America.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

There are a lot of people of Chinese ethnicity in Myanmar but they are also citizens of Myanmar, some live there since many generations. And that's the case in most countries other than North Korea. She IS half Burmese. Ethnicity is something else than citizenship. For example Australia: You don't call white people there "Brits" instead of Australians, do you? Most people there aren't ethnic Australians unless they are Aborigines. If a white person from Australia goes to the U.S. you wouldn't expect them to call themselves "one of many Brits living in America", so don't expect that from Ashley with being Chinese.

meiiimay
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by meiiimay »

True, no one should ever decide a person's nationality. I made the comment because of her recent videos where she talked a little about her childhood (Animal Crossing video) she mentioned she grew up eating dim sum and bao. I thought she leaned toward more with Chinese culture instead of Burmese, but again no one has the right to decide how a person identifies as. I also want to apologize for using the word exotic (I'm Asian so I should know better). She is half Burmese and half British and she can feel however she wants. I just find it weird how she can gain so many brownie points by bringing attention to Myanmar's fight for democracy but she hasn't said anything. She shouldn't worry about getting backlash because almost everyone supports Aung San Suu Kyi instead of the military junta.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

Agree. Doesn't she follow any political news maybe? I can't imagine someone being so disinterested in what happens on the planet, but on the other side it's Ashley and Ashley likes to orbit around Ashley.

purplexflowers
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by purplexflowers »

The reason these girls are using Ashley's same editing and style and thumbnail art template is because it works. Lihn Truong has the same management as Nikit Dragun, Jazzy has another one of LA's million digital marketing agencies that cater specifically to "influencers" that popped up in the last 10-15 years clearly all those places do is study the algorithm. All these girls are early 20s and Asian and supposed to be fashion girls so boom Ashley's formula works for them. Just like there are videos that show you how to edit like another youtuber or you can simply buy the lut packs to put over your video same forumla.
And I really HATE people who involve their partner too much in videos for one they might not be around long and it's even more annoying when they have nothing to do with the video. Like my GOD you are around him all day do y'all really need to be "cute" i.e annoying at that moment. But sadly youtube is the place where the women have the fame and the money and they give the bf a job and some notoriety its too common.
I'm not a man hater but don't waste my time. There are youtubers I watch and I have no idea about there personal life. Abetweene love her channel only reason I know what her bf looks like is because he tries to be the first to comment on her videos. But she's never showed his face on purpose. She may mention oh my partner helped me carry this up or I got him to try this (she's vegan) that's it! Evelyn from the internet mentions all the time you'll never know who she's dating and she fully intends to keep her family private. It can be done folks....is it an age thing? I know people said millennials shared too much but is Gen Z worse?

invidiouslurker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by invidiouslurker »

is ashley like... ok? i don't have instagram, but i notice she hasn't posted on youtube in months. it seems like she has transitioned to the "post as infrequently as possible while still paying my bills" stage of her youtube career like many others do once they have multiple millions of followers. some of the comments on her last video talk about her having a stalker and moving again, but i haven't bothered to watch the video yet to see if she gives more info on that...

N0tah8er
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by N0tah8er »

invidiouslurker wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:16 am
is ashley like... ok? i don't have instagram, but i notice she hasn't posted on youtube in months. it seems like she has transitioned to the "post as infrequently as possible while still paying my bills" stage of her youtube career like many others do once they have multiple millions of followers. some of the comments on her last video talk about her having a stalker and moving again, but i haven't bothered to watch the video yet to see if she gives more info on that...
I think like many influencers who got big in youtube are now transitioning to faster forms of social media (ie Tiktok and Instagram), its easier for them including Ashley to drop yt. And they can post more frequently on those platforms and its media their audience can easily digest. But even then, Ashely barely posts on her tiktok. I also noticed her tiktok bio says "i spent 3 years in film school so i could become a mediocre tik toker" which is very telling. This is very funny because I always forget that shes film graduate and looking at youtube videos it does NOT show the skills she probably learned in university.

himeyoko
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by himeyoko »

I must admit I do like Ashley's content. Not a fan of all of her choice but such is life. I do think she needs to go to a therapist like, yesterday. I also really am incredibly disappointed at her uploading videos on Youtube. A quick update would be nice. I remember a while back she asked if her audience would prefer amazingly edited longer videos (frequent) or maybe not as amazingly edited and shorter but more frequent videos. I understand that it's a panoramic but it's a bit ridiculous at this point. Even Youtubers who have a proven record of not being consistent have gotten their shit together a bit (I'm looking at Sierra Furtado- at least in terms of uploading). I get she moved to NYC right before the world stopped, I get that she probably has felt displaced and depressed and everything. I get it. I moved into my first apartment during these crazy times and it's been incredibly lonely and strange because it's not like I can go to parties or anything to meet people BUT I'm making the best of it and being an adult and handling my stuff. I just do not understand. She states she's a film major proudly and does nothing to prove to us that she wants to do something with that.She is not consistent and it bothers me so much because she remains someone that I want content from. I know for a fact that lots of people (including me) DM her on Insta/TikTok asking her to come back to Youtube or at least really address/ make a post saying that she's taking a break from Youtube but radio silence. It is incredibly frustrating.

Sorry that I went off on a rant.

Return to “A-E”