Simming Community - Part 2

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Re: Simming Community - Part 2

Post by my_gripes »

May14159 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am
i like that deli is changing her life, its hard to watch someone only complain all the time so i'm glad she's taking steps to change things
I’m out of the loop. Is this about her vlogs or sim videos?

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

my_gripes wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:54 pm
May14159 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am
i like that deli is changing her life, its hard to watch someone only complain all the time so i'm glad she's taking steps to change things
I’m out of the loop. Is this about her vlogs or sim videos?
it was in her video about the health plan she was doing, she said it was helping with her energy and her periods and stuff

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

That’s good to hear. It was getting really annoying hearing her complain ALL the time about how bad her cramps were and how she didn’t feel good. I swear she’s ALWAYS on her period. I get it she’s trying to normalize talking about it, but there are some things you can keep somewhat private. Everyone poops but I don’t think we need to normalize talking openly about that.

storilia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by storilia »

I for one have been really happy about her complaining and talking about her periods and cramps. I think it's really great that she talks so openly about periods and other normal bodily functions. I wish people talked more about pooping too, because it's just something we all do. Maybe not talk about it at the dinner table, but it shouldn't be some horrible taboo subject like it is now.

I'm someone who suffers from terrible periods, and since I was 12 I've been guilted, silenced and told that my pain is not an excuse to complain, because all women deal with this and I should just shut up and pretend it's not happening. Do you have any idea how lonely and ashamed that made me feel? For one week every month, I struggled to walk and couldn't eat because I was so nauseous. That's a fourth of my life, and if I'm not allowed to even talk about it openly, that will just cause me so much more mental pain, and for a decade it kept me from seeking medical help because I was told that complaining about it was selfish and annoying. There are so many of us who struggle with period symptoms, endometriosis, or other things, and being more vocal about our normal bodily functions would help take away some of the stigma and make us feel less alone. We need to keep periods LESS private, and I like that Deli doesn't shy away from it.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i dont mind that she talks about it but every single video was a complaining session for a while. it gets tiring after a while. i'm glad she's making positive changes to her life and that her quality of life is improving.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

May14159 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:12 pm
i dont mind that she talks about it but every single video was a complaining session for a while. it gets tiring after a while. i'm glad she's making positive changes to her life and that her quality of life is improving.
I agree. Talking about it every once and a while is totally fine. But it was starting to get old. Lilsimsie has talked about how she gets really sick beyond just bad cramps when she gets her period. And talks about it openly. But she talks about it an appropriate amount. Deli talks about it so much at a certain point it’s like ok I get it. That sucks. But I really don’t care to hear about every period you have. That’s not whey we watch your content. There is nothing wrong with normalizing talking about periods, but there is nothing wrong with keeping some stuff private or at least somewhat private.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

storilia wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:53 am
I for one have been really happy about her complaining and talking about her periods and cramps. I think it's really great that she talks so openly about periods and other normal bodily functions. I wish people talked more about pooping too, because it's just something we all do. Maybe not talk about it at the dinner table, but it shouldn't be some horrible taboo subject like it is now.

I'm someone who suffers from terrible periods, and since I was 12 I've been guilted, silenced and told that my pain is not an excuse to complain, because all women deal with this and I should just shut up and pretend it's not happening. Do you have any idea how lonely and ashamed that made me feel? For one week every month, I struggled to walk and couldn't eat because I was so nauseous. That's a fourth of my life, and if I'm not allowed to even talk about it openly, that will just cause me so much more mental pain, and for a decade it kept me from seeking medical help because I was told that complaining about it was selfish and annoying. There are so many of us who struggle with period symptoms, endometriosis, or other things, and being more vocal about our normal bodily functions would help take away some of the stigma and make us feel less alone. We need to keep periods LESS private, and I like that Deli doesn't shy away from it.
Literally no one said she should keep it private. We’re just saying she’s a broken record at this point. We know she has horrible periods as many of people do, including myself. fortunately, I’m now on a birth control that keeps it in check where it’s not so painful, heavy, and clotted. I agree periods should be discussed openly, there’s nothing to be embarrassed and ashamed about, as well as other bodily functions and accidents, but do you really want to hear everyone talk about how smelly or big their bowel movements are every time they make one? Or how disturbingly big the blood clots in their menstrual blood is every single day they’re going through it? What we’re saying is Deli’s periods were always an event when it didn’t have to be.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

my_gripes wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:53 pm
storilia wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:53 am

Literally no one said she should keep it private. We’re just saying she’s a broken record at this point. We know she has horrible periods as many of people do, including myself. fortunately, I’m now on a birth control that keeps it in check where it’s not so painful, heavy, and clotted. I agree periods should be discussed openly, there’s nothing to be embarrassed and ashamed about, as well as other bodily functions and accidents, but do you really want to hear everyone talk about how smelly or big their bowel movements are every time they make one? Or how disturbingly big the blood clots in their menstrual blood is every single day they’re going through it? What we’re saying is Deli’s periods were always an event when it didn’t have to be.
I couldn’t agree more.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

someone told Fantasya that her sims child was too fat and she should change it? wtf. i'm glad she spoke out about it and said no body shaming

shooksimmer
Learner
Learner

Post by shooksimmer »

Has anyone seen the drama between Sims Community and Pixelade on twitter. Basically Pixelade did an entire video going over an article by then without giving actual credit and sims community called them out on it. Pixelade updated it with a link to the article but this isn’t the first time he’s done this whether it’s stealing content or being the laziest sims channel out there. I’m glad sims community is calling them out now bc they really need to stop stealing content or just making crappy content when there are other more talented simmers in general.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AwwwSweet
Learner
Learner

Post by AwwwSweet »

shooksimmer wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:47 pm
Has anyone seen the drama between Sims Community and Pixelade on twitter. Basically Pixelade did an entire video going over an article by then without giving actual credit and sims community called them out on it. Pixelade updated it with a link to the article but this isn’t the first time he’s done this whether it’s stealing content or being the laziest sims channel out there. I’m glad sims community is calling them out now bc they really need to stop stealing content or just making crappy content when there are other more talented simmers in general.
I don't get how Pixelade did not mention the article in the video at all. Like they are not a new channel, Pixelade should know better. That is like youtube 101. It is beyond me why anyone watches Pixelade channel anymore. He messes up time after time.

TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by TropicanaOrange »

I’m pretty sure he did mention the channel and Jovan by name but he didn’t leave any credit/links in the description which would have been so easy for him to do. Most of his videos are compiled of articles and tweets that don’t belong to him; most of which are tweets from people who don’t even like him.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

that is so annoying, it is so easy to credit someone, it probably took more effort to crop the title and banner from the content

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

It’s funny because there are SO many simmers who all report sims news. At some point someone is going to be the first, but they all relatively post immediately after there is new news that comes out. With that being said, they all typically reference back to what the Sims team has announced. Not what other simmers have announced/speculated. When ever simmers have found a video/article interesting that they want to reference, they reference it briefly, and then tell us to go check it out. They don’t just ready it word for word. That’s pretty lazy to directly read off an article outside of official Sims announcements and call it good. I have kept up with Pixelades news/speculation videos off and on, but after this I won’t. There are too many other good simmers out there that don’t copy others. Plus I find Pixelade to be a bit whiney from time to time.

The Sims Community is my #1 trusted source. They always have the most accurate information, they are always quick to post after an announcement has been made, and they have the best content overall. Anytime there is a leak, it seems like they ALWAYS are the first to report, and they NEVER post fake leaks which is nice.

Side note with the fake leaks and why I trust The Sims Community when it comes to leaks: When there was a fake leak about farming and horses right before eco lifestyle came out, I commented in a FB simming group saying how I hope it’s real because I would really like that, but don’t want to get my hopes up. Someone responded to me saying that it was pretty much guaranteed since the leak was a screen shot from Target so I was dumb to not get my hopes up… Jokes on them lol

The Sims Community however, never reported that leak, even though SO many people thought it was real. That’s why I trust them.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

I cringe at how many times lilsimsie repeats the same news in each stream. I lost count how many times last week she mentioned she was on a panel with the CEO of Saint Jude at SXSW. Okay...
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

AwwwSweet
Learner
Learner

Post by AwwwSweet »

Mischief wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:06 am
I cringe at how many times lilsimsie repeats the same news in each stream. I lost count how many times last week she mentioned she was on a panel with the CEO of Saint Jude at SXSW. Okay...
Right! She has mentioned it in her last three videos. The one where she talks about the announcement of the new kit she says it no less that 6 times in what I think was an 8 minute video.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

AwwwSweet wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:42 pm
Mischief wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:06 am
Right! She has mentioned it in her last three videos. The one where she talks about the announcement of the new kit she says it no less that 6 times in what I think was an 8 minute video.
I thought maybe I was just being nitpicky about her chatter but literally every single stream she mentioned it and I was like "Kayla we knowwww" then on Sunday's upload she mentioned it yet again and then went off about how much the SXSW ticket she got for free cost and how she didn't see anything and left after her panel. LOL. She just seems to be really still immature in some ways too and I always pick up when she gets angry at someone's comment during a live. Why not just let your mods do their job?
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i usually ignore it when she repeats stuff on streams bc i assume someone new came into the chat and asked

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Mischief wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:26 pm
AwwwSweet wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:42 pm

I thought maybe I was just being nitpicky about her chatter but literally every single stream she mentioned it and I was like "Kayla we knowwww" then on Sunday's upload she mentioned it yet again and then went off about how much the SXSW ticket she got for free cost and how she didn't see anything and left after her panel. LOL. She just seems to be really still immature in some ways too and I always pick up when she gets angry at someone's comment during a live. Why not just let your mods do their job?
I completely agree that it gets really old. But she does have SOOOO many people that are new that ask repetitive questions. So I kinda get it. It’s annoying because I wish with certain questions she just referred them to a video she has already made talking about it. People (I am assuming a young crowd, not adults) just would rather ask and be annoying instead of pay attention to what she says in her videos/streams. It gets old. I actually really like Kayla, but it does get annoying how she attracts such a large young crowd. They ask and make such annoying/inappropriate questions and comments. Like many times in her streams she will say she isn’t feeling well because she has cramps, and people will literally ask if she’s pregnant…. Like honey you’re way to young to be on twitch if you think cramps means pregnancy. I wish she and her mods were more strict with deleting messages and muting people in her streams. People (kids) will literally spam stupid questions like “do you and dan live together?” Like they are married… what do you think…

So as much as she can be kinda annoying with repeating herself and being anxious bc of what people say in her stream chats, there are a lot of ridiculous comments and questions people make/ask. I mainly watch because sometimes when she’s in a good mood and the conversation. Is actually good it’s really good. I really like vixella but most of the time her streams just don’t have good conversations and it’s literally just watching her play a game. She hardly interacts with chat which makes it seem very one sided when there is a conversation. I wish she just engaged more with her audience.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

i love whiny brit, her videos are always funny and different than what most people do

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”