Theresa Is Dead

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Theresa Is Dead

Post by lulugirl765 »

I’ve been watching a bit more Theresa lately, because she’s focused on some products that interest me. But she really needs to put AD or SPONSORED in the titles. I was not prepared for her to go 5 minutes on Thrive Market before starting her makeup. I skipped past most of it, but it’s still annoying. I don’t mind that people get a few sponsorships that defray the cost of the channel, she doesn’t get the extreme levels of PR that others do, and she buys most of the makeup she features.

Anyone know exactly what she does for her job? She mentioned Zoom corporate board meetings. I thought she was a cubicle grunt.

SimplySpeculating
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SimplySpeculating »

soul reaper wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:31 pm
who says “beautiful” that many times unless they’re trying to eat ass?
I just needed to tell you that this line killed me :rofl:

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

The last few titles of her videos have been rather click-baity. In her Scoobydoo x Glamlite palette it looked like she was trying to hard to hate on the palette but it looked...fine on her? The color story is up her alley I would imagine

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

She patched the things with Colourpop.
She had to ignore them for a while, but now she is in love with everything Colourpop again.

GlitterinMyCoffee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by GlitterinMyCoffee »

I. Can’t. Stand. This. Broad.

I haven’t watched any of her videos in god knows how long…
But for some reason one of her IG stories crossed my feed and it’s her stuffing herself at Krusty Burger in Universal..

Dude. I cant
~*~ Very Bothered Queen ~*~

Salti_Stars
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Salti_Stars »

This woman irks me deeply. She is the epitome of tryhard, consumerist gen-x/millenial entertainers. I couldn’t help but notice the discrepancies between her branding vs. her videos.

How she markets herself:
- “Goth” theming: channel art, some of her decor.
- How she refers to herself: “A fourteen year old goth girl…” “Weirdo…”
- How she refers to her subscribers: “My little pumpkins” (More halloween/spoopy theming)
- Her username: Theresa is DEAD
- The collaboration makeup with her name on it: bright colours, horror references, UFOs.
- Dumpsters, dumpsters everywhere. This woman wants you to know she is TRASHY. The only thing I find trashy is how hard she pushes her slogans and “personality”.

Her actual content:
- 99% of what she shows is what she calls “Ann” and “boring” and “basic bitch” makeup. Brown, nudes, blah.
- Forced swearing. Instead of letting effs fly where they would’ve naturally, her use of vulgarity is “branding”. It’s how she tries to be weird. But Theresa is a mega consumer, and has the creativity of a dried out turnip.
- Buying. Just constant, vulgar amounts of money dropped frequently. Often on beauty boxes she doesn’t end up liking. The number of times I’ve watched her admit she bought an entire collection on launch is staggering.

Theory: Theresa isn’t actually “weird” (shocking, I know) nor does she review any products that attract a specialty demographic to her channel. If people fully realized she has extremely unremarkable tastes, there would be little reason to watch her stuff over anyone else’s. If you stripped away all the spoopy channel art and alien blowjob references you’d get a typical non-alternative beauty channel.
She likely doesn’t believe she would cut it as a “typical” beauty channel because she isn’t pretty like all the others, so she tries desperately to create the illusion of uniqueness.

Her reviews aren’t thorough, she doesn’t research products if at all, and she isn’t good at makeup. Just because you’re negative doesn’t mean your review is “brutally honest”.
On a side note: this woman is so red and plump she looks like she might pop at any time. Theresa, put down the quirk juice. You won’t need as much Cicapair, promise. Also, take Chantecaille's limp cock out of your mouth. I'm begging you.
:FU:

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I stopped watching Theresa for a minute because I wasn't interested in any of the stuff she was reviewing

Now that being said, she does have some quirks, and I do like how she tips the scale (no pun intended) of being an alternate channel without going down the Batty Bean route. That being said, it annoys me when she is negative about products she knows are not meant for her skin. I can't remember which foundation it was but it was clearly geared toward OILY skin. Theresa, you have DRY skin. I also noticed recently that she is easily swayed by the hivemind of voracious consumers (Lauren Mae, HLP, Kackie, etc). Buying a whole collection is nauseating

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Theresa has those gimmicks she doesn’t need anymore, the Halloween goth stuff, I honestly don’t see all that when it’s there. She doesn’t even need to buy all that makeup to have a video people will watch. Just putting on makeup from her stash and talking will suffice. She’s in a stage now with her channel where she is stuck in the trees and missing the forest, focused on topics and endlessly worried about people liking what she does.

The best schtick she had was the telling stories about weird people encounters in NYC. She might be a little weird, but her stories left her as the re-teller looking normal by comparison. That makes her a relatable narrator in the context of the story.

The Disney/Florida thing is a misframing, imo, as a consumerist dream come true. It would be much more amusing, with more stories, to use the angle of New Yorker going to an alien land called Florida and Disney. Her stories of going out where she lives now would have that same schtick she had before of normal Queens NY lady meeting strange people etc. Better than just buying stuff non-stop for a topic.

GlitterinMyCoffee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by GlitterinMyCoffee »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:12 pm

The best schtick she had was the telling stories about weird people encounters in NYC. She might be a little weird, but her stories left her as the re-teller looking normal by comparison. That makes her a relatable narrator in the context of the story.

I’m gonna say…95% of her “stories” of NY/work were either blatant lies, or embellished to the hilt. I’m a born and bred
NYer…I have lived in the city, Brooklyn , queens and Long Island..and so much of what she’d say was just utter BS. The extravaganza of nonsense day in and day out …it was just bullshit. No one was looking at you Theresa..No one screamed “fuxk you chicken skin goose” or whatever the fuck, in your face on the L train…like no.
Also A LOT of people (cause I too watched her for a bit) would politely point out to her how all her stories about that co-worker weren’t funny but cruel, and that it sounded like he was on the spectrum..
She would always say “he wasnt” ans would have a MILLION reasons WHY she was right and he was wrong and gross.
I finally asked her “HOW” she “knew” he wasn’t on the spectrum…and she said… “because he said he isn’t”

So this means…IF..that really happened and he really said that…he may he undiagnosed. He may not want to have shared that info with her. He may have other diagnosis other then ASD…and because of this she felt the right to humiliate/shame/mock him on YT for profit.
She’s vile.
I explained (along with others) why she should t be talking about him, how I have a kid on the spectrum…who is “quirky” and “weird” and how it’s ableist.how it just seems like a way for her to feel self important at the expense of someone else..and that one day…my kid will
Be an adult…an adult with a job…
And if some pig faced, swamp beast with rat teeth and a need to project their hidden addictions into a YT channel…who worked at their job…used them for material…
I would hunt them down and make them regret ever knowing my kids name…

And she blocked me.
~*~ Very Bothered Queen ~*~

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Yeah the stories are embellished but it’s a story, entertainment. Not everyone will want to watch for sure. I just mean she doesn’t need to be buying all that makeup to make videos her community will watch. Or, hate watch, as the case may be ;)

Mortichia
Informer
Informer

Post by Mortichia »

I loved the stories, I was laughing at the times, but she wouldn't be able to avoid her coworkers to find out that she talks about them at some point. Now nothing interesting is happening, I'm kinda tired of her laughing at her own, same jokes all the time, it would be different if she'd be interacting with someone. Maybe she could read some stories while doing makeup? And leave uncooked chicken, alien slut and airhorns behind? Every video I feel is the same!

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I also feel like we’ve come full circle to her raving about brands like Tare, Too Faced, Colourpop, etc. or any luxury and indie brand that is du jour. she’s lost any semblance of individualism she had before

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I watch the occasional video, the thumbnail products are usually the exterminating factor :D

Since the pandemic and Florida move, Theresa seems to be doing well with her full-time real life job. She probably transitioned to online better than most of her office. During one GRWM video, she said she was gearing her makeup to an online company board meeting later that day.

It seems like the r/l job either includes a promotion or she is sufficiently valued at it that she is doing team building. This kind of job isn’t geared for the slightly punk, morose teenage weirdo. She literally doesn’t have the life supporting that, she is a successful company (wo)man. In terms of team building, she kinda has a Mama Cass thing going as opposed to the family black sheep stuff.

So, I think basic, boring, office makeup is where it’s at for her. It’s not the worst narrative for a channel. Plenty goth girls settle on and do well, and I guess yes are more conventional.

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

It sounds like she has adjusted a d transitioned into adulthood

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:12 pm
Theresa has those gimmicks she doesn’t need anymore, the Halloween goth stuff, I honestly don’t see all that when it’s there. She doesn’t even need to buy all that makeup to have a video people will watch. Just putting on makeup from her stash and talking will suffice. She’s in a stage now with her channel where she is stuck in the trees and missing the forest, focused on topics and endlessly worried about people liking what she does.

The Disney/Florida thing is a misframing, imo, as a consumerist dream come true. It would be much more amusing, with more stories, to use the angle of New Yorker going to an alien land called Florida and Disney. Her stories of going out where she lives now would have that same schtick she had before of normal Queens NY lady meeting strange people etc. Better than just buying stuff non-stop for a topic.
Completely agree; the subway stories were hilarious. I mean, FL man exists for a reason; there are plenty of characters where she’s at for certain. I get the feeling she doesn’t go out much anymore and instead adds to the incredible hoard of makeup.
I gravitated to her in the beginning because she wasn’t the typical Miss Perfect YTer and reviewed a lot of indie brands. Now it’s everything sponsored and she buys more than anyone could wear in a lifetime.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Idk if it's just me but I hate when she does her new nonsense makeup bingo and she becomes inebriated to a point where she drops 1k easily on makeup she knows she's not going to like. It's beyond reckless. Btw it's funny how she can hate on Pat all day but has no qualms with the overpriced Ct and TomFord quads like she's never consistent with her opinions on brands.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I definitely think she doesn’t go out anymore. Maybe she underestimated how uncomfortable the sun and heat are so close to the equator, with her body suffering with inflammation. She’s just too overweight to do much other than an errand or two. I’m not saying this to fat-shame but just on whatever happened to the Disney videos she had planned. I don’t think she can walk Disney, she’d have to scooter it.

Also, I think it points to a sort of generic American life, the way the nation’s suburbs are so homogenized that you can transplant your life anywhere now without feeling like much has changed apart from the weather. Still ordering Doordash chicken wings no matter where you live. Makeup has a reason to be, because she wears it for Zoom calls at her job from home.

I get the Tom Ford thing, it’s kinda the result of what has happened with indie makeup marketing, how indie brands are over-using content creators. Reviewing Kaleidos type brands you have dozens of creators filming the same PR box, saying the same positive things because they are getting paid in product or money. Luxury makeup is more of a niche, the brands don’t send PR to everyone. a new Tom Ford quad she can say whatever she wants about it. She can trash it even, and it still will sell out eventually. But it does better with views than the 100th video about Sydney Grace.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

If she doesn't go out, it makes me wonder why she uprooted her life in NY just to be practically bedbound, unless that was the main reason for her relocating due to underlying health issues.

And you're right about the indie-makeup oversaturation. I see the same faces that I do not care to see getting the same PR and of course, they're going to hype it up as the best thing since the blue-brown MAC pigment. I used to be more interested in indie makeup reviews but while I don't doubt that Theresa is generally honest, she's affiliated with many of the brands so she's going to butter then up.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I get why she moved, the pandemic had them stuck in that tiny apartment forever. I don’t think Alex works, does he? Or if he does, they were both working from home. There is no way they could upgrade their home life to any more space without moving. So many people fled to southern states early after the pandemic, with the thought that warm weather means getting out of those 4 walls year round.

I think she had no idea how non-walkable a suburb is. You get in the car for everything. Other than going out to eat/buy food, there is nothing to do and no reason to go anywhere. Tati did the same thing, basically, and her one outing a week is probably Walmart.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

except it is walkable, if you can walk.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Return to “P-T”