Greg Doucette

mookbang85
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Greg Doucette

Post by mookbang85 »

Any thoughts on him? I kinda like this guy cause he's direct and he doesn't sugarcoat on his opinions.

mookbang85
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Greg Doucette

Post by mookbang85 »

Any thoughts on him? I kinda like this guy cause he's direct and he doesn't sugarcoat on his opinions.

zabavnaya
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Greg Doucette

Post by zabavnaya »

Love Greg. Even with that voice :)

DoctorGirlfriend
Talker
Talker

Post by DoctorGirlfriend »

I quite like Greg. I think the voice and the yelling is part of his schtick. I don't doubt that he's extra, but I'm sure in real life he isn't quite as over the top.

He speaks from experience, he isn't trying to sell anything or mislead...at least nothing I've come across, yet. I'd say I've seen maybe 75% of his content? Anyway, seems legit. I just never watch his videos with headphones in haha!

Victoria7571
Learner
Learner

Post by Victoria7571 »

I quite like him - what you see is what u get with Greg :) the real deal.

Widmanstatten
Talker
Talker

Post by Widmanstatten »

I really like him, he’s helped me a lot! Watching his videos made me realize that 1) I was probably overweight/obese by body fat standards, 2) I needed to get serious about counting calories, and 3) I needed to do more cardio. He gave me the push I needed to lose my first 10lbs (10 to go!) I think he’s really funny and I love how consistent he is with his messages. Also his relationship with his girlfriend is nice, they seem really confident/comfortable and can say anything to each other.

gossipbetch
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipbetch »

Widmanstatten wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:30 am
I really like him, he’s helped me a lot! Watching his videos made me realize that 1) I was probably overweight/obese by body fat standards, 2) I needed to get serious about counting calories, and 3) I needed to do more cardio. He gave me the push I needed to lose my first 10lbs (10 to go!) I think he’s really funny and I love how consistent he is with his messages. Also his relationship with his girlfriend is nice, they seem really confident/comfortable and can say anything to each other.
i agree with all of this. People get emotional because he calls it like it is - good, bad or indifferent. Especially when he calls people obese. There's no emotion tied to it, just a fact. He's even called his girlfriend obese because she is XX% bodyfat. It's what it is and he doesn't love her any less for it and I love that about him. He and his girlfriend seem to have a great relationship and appreciate each other's different priorities. Also, I love their little pig.

majaxxxx
Talker
Talker

Post by majaxxxx »

I like him :) his voice is just an act, go watch his older videos or vlogs, he's a really nice guy. And his gf Ally is a sweetheart.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

I like him. I know some people find the gossip-type of fitness YouTuber problematic and lacking in any real value, but personally, I enjoy them more than the majority of the fitness influencers. At least with the former, they cut the shit rather than propping up some faux persona meant to entice you to use their affiliate codes and buy their overpriced merch.

Greg also has a lot of good videos on training and nutrition, so he's not just out there trying to get all the smoke, as the kids say.

I also have a perverse enjoyment in seeing his YT subscriber count blow past pretty much all of the YT fitness mainstays.

DoctorGirlfriend
Talker
Talker

Post by DoctorGirlfriend »

Widmanstatten wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:30 am
Hell ya. Get after it! Keep going, whatever your long term goal is, look at you now. The first 10 is the hardest. Dieting and exercise is so individual, but there’s good advice out there. Keep listening to Greg, experiment on yourself and do what works best for you. Never give up, you got this!

mookbang85
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by mookbang85 »

Greg gives the best advices. I like how he even said why are people are afraid of eating carbs and fruits while they are also binging on junk food. He also called out A LOT of fake and lying fitness influencers on youtube. We need more youtubers like him.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

I don't watch enough to know for sure, but I feel like he's much better than the other "call out" sort of channels. Papaswolio is a straight up misogynist and I refuse to watch anymore. Greg is blunt, but I don't mind when he calls people "obese" or stuff like that. He's purely referring to being over 33 or whatever % bf for women, which is true. It's not good or bad and he doesn't seem to hate on fat people like others seem to do˜. He just wants you to own it. If you're mad about him calling someone obese take it up with the authorities that set that standard. I also appreciate he talks about peds openly. I hope he's not a misogynist or something that I haven't picked up on.

Sheare
Debater
Debater

Post by Sheare »

treelee wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm
I don't watch enough to know for sure, but I feel like he's much better than the other "call out" sort of channels. Papaswolio is a straight up misogynist and I refuse to watch anymore. Greg is blunt, but I don't mind when he calls people "obese" or stuff like that. He's purely referring to being over 33 or whatever % bf for women, which is true. It's not good or bad and he doesn't seem to hate on fat people like others seem to do˜. He just wants you to own it. If you're mad about him calling someone obese take it up with the authorities that set that standard. I also appreciate he talks about peds openly. I hope he's not a misogynist or something that I haven't picked up on.
He's not my favorite, not in the same magnitude as my hatred for Papaswolio. For me, a lot of these male fitness "call out" channels handle body dysmorphia in women very poorly with very little apathy. In his video on Bakhar Nabieva, he undermines her pain when Bakhar explained her childhood of being called "too skinny" all of the time and how it impacted her view of herself. He was just like "oh, everyone gets bullied." I just winced at that part. I just don't think he completely knows the widespread issue of body dysmorphia and eating disorders in women. This is a small minor thing though.

In the same video, he spends ten seconds on the fact her page has "sexy" and "interesting" photos. He repeats the word "sexy" like 4 times in the row lol It's just odd.

His voice is also hard to put in the background for me. Idk these are all minor things that just don't make him my favorite. Shredded Sports Science FTW

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Sheare wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:44 am
treelee wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm
He's not my favorite, not in the same magnitude as my hatred for Papaswolio. For me, a lot of these male fitness "call out" channels handle body dysmorphia in women very poorly with very little apathy. In his video on Bakhar Nabieva, he undermines her pain when Bakhar explained her childhood of being called "too skinny" all of the time and how it impacted her view of herself. He was just like "oh, everyone gets bullied." I just winced at that part. I just don't think he completely knows the widespread issue of body dysmorphia and eating disorders in women. This is a small minor thing though.

In the same video, he spends ten seconds on the fact her page has "sexy" and "interesting" photos. He repeats the word "sexy" like 4 times in the row lol It's just odd.

His voice is also hard to put in the background for me. Idk these are all minor things that just don't make him my favorite. Shredded Sports Science FTW
Yeah, I figured if I watched more of him I'd probably not love him. I think I'm borderline on him. He's better than some others, but definitely not sensitive to body dysmorphia. I'm about where I can tolerate about 1/2 of one of his videos if it's about someone I'm interested in and/or hate watch lol.

Macrofriendlygal
Learner
Learner

Post by Macrofriendlygal »

I love Greg but I have a migraine, can someone pls give a summary of what he said about Chloe Ting in his latest video? I feel his voice may not be helpful to me currently :-D

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

I appreciate that he's calling people out, but I have sensitivity when it comes to some types of audio and I literally cannot sit through his videos because of the screaming/his voice.

If I bookmark this thread, would someone who watches be kind enough to bullet point his videos?

Pickle Spear 75
Learner
Learner

Post by Pickle Spear 75 »

Love him! He doesn't BS and even when roasting people he points out good things about them.

emilyree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emilyree »

This is a gossip forum so I get most ppl enjoy hot goss, but I wouldn't trust someone who:-

- was caught smuggling $250k worth of illegal substances
- claims he's natural even with his background while shitting on others like cbum

His channel looks like a fitness tea channel so do you really trust him to spend time researching through whoever is his victims for an accurate review. Any drama or tea channel gives a balance good/bad points review to make themselves look unbias but don't be fooled. Even big channels like drama alert often get their facts wrong, and he's just after clicks and views. Chasing klout to monetize off shitting on others. Same category as tea channels to me, scum who preys on others.

Widmanstatten
Talker
Talker

Post by Widmanstatten »

emilyree wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:27 am
This is a gossip forum so I get most ppl enjoy hot goss, but I wouldn't trust someone who:-

- claims he's natural even with his background while shitting on others like cbum

His channel looks like a fitness tea channel so do you really trust him to spend time researching through whoever is his victims for an accurate review. Any drama or tea channel gives a balance good/bad points review to make themselves look unbias but don't be fooled. Even big channels like drama alert often get their facts wrong, and he's just after clicks and views. Chasing klout to monetize off shitting on others. Same category as tea channels to me, scum who preys on others.
He doesn’t claim that he’s natural. He’s open about what he’s used. He does claim that he was natural up to a certain age (I think in his early 20s) and has shown pictures of his physique before he started using PEDs.

I’m not a bodybuilder, just a chubby girl who likes working out, so I don’t pay a ton of attention to his info on stuff like fat burners or supplements or anything. But I do trust his basic diet and exercise advice and I appreciate how simple and sensible it is: lifting is for building muscle and cardio is for burning calories; eat high-volume low-calorie dense foods; bulking is unnecessary; to improve you have to work out harder than last time. May sound like no-brainers, but it’s helped me wade through a lot of the other BS in the fitness industry. He certainly knows how to build muscle and lose fat.

emilyree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emilyree »

Widmanstatten wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:22 am
emilyree wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:27 am

He doesn’t claim that he’s natural. He’s open about what he’s used. He does claim that he was natural up to a certain age (I think in his early 20s) and has shown pictures of his physique before he started using PEDs.

I’m not a bodybuilder, just a chubby girl who likes working out, so I don’t pay a ton of attention to his info on stuff like fat burners or supplements or anything. But I do trust his basic diet and exercise advice and I appreciate how simple and sensible it is: lifting is for building muscle and cardio is for burning calories; eat high-volume low-calorie dense foods; bulking is unnecessary; to improve you have to work out harder than last time. May sound like no-brainers, but it’s helped me wade through a lot of the other BS in the fitness industry. He certainly knows how to build muscle and lose fat.
I only know as much from coming across his name on other threads. I'm not saying everything he says is BS, I'm sure there's advice he's given that's good and that's no surprising, anyone can give good advice. But my point is I don't trust people why shady backgrounds and characters. His videos are literally ranting on others, trying to clickbait and putting people down for the sake of views and ad money. After spending a lot of time following beauty drama or drama alert, I unsubscribed from all that negativity and only respect fitspos that stick to their own content and do their own thing.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”