Chris and Their relationship

holly1414
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chris and Their relationship

Post by holly1414 »

It's so sad when he tries to be funny. Just no Chris...just, no.

CheshireCat
Informer
Informer

Post by CheshireCat »

I haven't been keeping up with her videos really. In which ones does Chris act like an asshole? I've never seen him act that way, but as someone mentioned, he must be somewhat negative (or a fucking saint) to have put up with Rachel's whiney ass this long.

thelonelypotato
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by thelonelypotato »

Has anyone noticed how much she flirts with that Rhyse guy from tumblr?? It's pretty sketchy considering he looks like an uglier version of Chris IMHO. I bet she's cheating on Chris with him.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

i don't know about videos since i rarely watch chrachel cooks, but if you look at his twitter account, it's pretty evident that he's just as much of an asshole as she is, just a lot more introverted.

LOL rhyse lurks here and saw i said it was inappropriate to naked facetime with someone who wasn't her boyfriend, so rachel and her boyfriend made a few posts about it on twitter and tumblr. chris took it as people trying to find a flaw in their relationship.. :?

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

Some of you have valid arguments and some of you clearly know nothing about relationships.

1) "Married couples don't spend as much time together as they do" which is bullshit. My parents have been married for 25 years and they spend almost all their time together. Maybe 4 weekends out of the year I'll go stay with my cousin and my mom without my dad but other than that they go on vacation together, go to the store together, go on walks together and it isn't unhealthy at all. It's called love.

2) I "partied" my first year in college and I can honestly say it isn't all its cracked up to be. Going to parties doesn't say anything extraordinary about your personality. She mentioned before she did the whole party thing and now she'd rather just be chill.

3) They share a lot of the same friends so I don't see why it's such a big deal if they hang out together?? Keep in mind we don't see every aspect of her life in those word vomit videos. That's like 15 minutes max for each day of the week although it may seem like she's showing us all of it.

4) Rachel said that she was wary to move in with Chris in the first place but ended up doing it because other living plans fell through. That doesn't sound like she forced Chris into moving in with her at all.

5) One last thing, complaining on your twitter about your noisy neighbors or characters on a TV show doesn't make Chris an asshole. If you honestly think that then just...no.

In no way am I trying to start an argument here, I just think it's unreasonable to attack a relationship we don't know all that much about unless you've personally seen them together and know how they act together in real life.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

keep in mind that you are on trash a guru. the point is, Rachel and Chris aren't married and it's unhealthy to spend no time apart and to become so dependent on the relationship. especially rachel, who relies on chris for everything. I'm sure your parents have friends and family outside the marriage, Rachel doesn't appear to be that close to anyone, not even Sarah. the same could be said for any guru, we don't know everything about their lives to make judgments. they've both chosen to put themselves out there, and what they choose to how is not very appealing. Chris isn't an asshole because of noisy neighbors, he's an asshole for making fun of people and saying racism doesn't exist.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

Hype233 wrote:Some of you have valid arguments and some of you clearly know nothing about relationships.

1) "Married couples don't spend as much time together as they do" which is bullshit. My parents have been married for 25 years and they spend almost all their time together. Maybe 4 weekends out of the year I'll go stay with my cousin and my mom without my dad but other than that they go on vacation together, go to the store together, go on walks together and it isn't unhealthy at all. It's called love.

2) I "partied" my first year in college and I can honestly say it isn't all its cracked up to be. Going to parties doesn't say anything extraordinary about your personality. She mentioned before she did the whole party thing and now she'd rather just be chill.

3) They share a lot of the same friends so I don't see why it's such a big deal if they hang out together?? Keep in mind we don't see every aspect of her life in those word vomit videos. That's like 15 minutes max for each day of the week although it may seem like she's showing us all of it.

4) Rachel said that she was wary to move in with Chris in the first place but ended up doing it because other living plans fell through. That doesn't sound like she forced Chris into moving in with her at all.

5) One last thing, complaining on your twitter about your noisy neighbors or characters on a TV show doesn't make Chris an asshole. If you honestly think that then just...no.

In no way am I trying to start an argument here, I just think it's unreasonable to attack a relationship we don't know all that much about unless you've personally seen them together and know how they act together in real life.
1) I find it a bit strange that you're comparing a college relationship to a 25 year long marriage between two people who have kids together...they aren't comparable at all. And you said yourself that four weekends every year your mom is without your dad. Rachel has admitted that she hasn't spent one day without Chris in well over a year. One. A single day. Not even to be with her family over break; the moment Chris needed to go back for his job she went with him even though she doesn't have a job right now, can't drive, and all of her school friends are at home. So she went back to basically sit around and wait for Chris to get off work. If you think that is a healthy relationship then I guess we have different ideas of what ideal relationships should be. She has basically built her whole life around this relationship and that may be normal for a married couple, but for two young adults in college? Not really.

2) I agree with this. I don't think parties are all college has to offer. But I do think she is missing opportunities by more or less shunning the social life her college has to offer. The Vampire Diaries may be fun but it doesn't get you an internship, a job, or even make you friends. At least at parties you meet new people. You can do that many other ways besides parties, of course, but Rachel chooses not to. Netflix won't get you through life.

3) I don't think them sharing friends or hanging out together is a big deal, it's just a bit strange that neither of them have friends of their own that they hang out with without each other. I know we don't see every second of her life in her word vomit videos, but she does show the "exciting parts" and I'm sure if she was hanging out with friends during the week she would include it in the videos like she has done in the past (keep in mind, even then it was only getting lunch during the school day with her friends and I'm sure the only reason Chris wasn't there was because he had a conflicting schedule; not to mention the fact that even with him gone they talked about him a good deal). I'm sure she would also tweet about it and make five tumblr posts about it because I get the impression she tries to flaunt everything she does in order to prove what a success at life she is. But that's just an assumption.

4) I don't think anyone said Rachel forced Chris to move in with her?? I'm sure it's very consensual. I don't think their relationship is super healthy, but I do think they love each other and enjoy being together (obviously).

5) Chris has said some asshole-ish things on twitter, in videos, etc. Whether or not that makes him an asshole is really a matter of opinion.

I don't know them personally so is it possible there are parts of their relationship they keep hidden? Definitely. Although I doubt they hide much because Rachel is a very public person. It's true that we only see what they let us but they do provide a lot to go on and we're going to make assumptions based on what's given to us, just like people who assume they have the perfect relationship.

So yeah, sorry if I come off sounding super defensive, but don't accuse other people of "knowing nothing about relationships" (I've been in a happy relationship for two years now, thanks. And my life wouldn't end if we broke up because I do things without him) because they don't believe relying on your significant other for everything is healthy.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

bewtgooru wrote: 1) I find it a bit strange that you're comparing a college relationship to a 25 year long marriage between two people who have kids together...they aren't comparable at all. And you said yourself that four weekends every year your mom is without your dad. Rachel has admitted that she hasn't spent one day without Chris in well over a year. One. A single day. Not even to be with her family over break; the moment Chris needed to go back for his job she went with him even though she doesn't have a job right now, can't drive, and all of her school friends are at home. So she went back to basically sit around and wait for Chris to get off work. If you think that is a healthy relationship then I guess we have different ideas of what ideal relationships should be. She has basically built her whole life around this relationship and that may be normal for a married couple, but for two young adults in college? Not really.

2) I agree with this. I don't think parties are all college has to offer. But I do think she is missing opportunities by more or less shunning the social life her college has to offer. The Vampire Diaries may be fun but it doesn't get you an internship, a job, or even make you friends. At least at parties you meet new people. You can do that many other ways besides parties, of course, but Rachel chooses not to. Netflix won't get you through life.

3) I don't think them sharing friends or hanging out together is a big deal, it's just a bit strange that neither of them have friends of their own that they hang out with without each other. I know we don't see every second of her life in her word vomit videos, but she does show the "exciting parts" and I'm sure if she was hanging out with friends during the week she would include it in the videos like she has done in the past (keep in mind, even then it was only getting lunch during the school day with her friends and I'm sure the only reason Chris wasn't there was because he had a conflicting schedule; not to mention the fact that even with him gone they talked about him a good deal). I'm sure she would also tweet about it and make five tumblr posts about it because I get the impression she tries to flaunt everything she does in order to prove what a success at life she is. But that's just an assumption.

4) I don't think anyone said Rachel forced Chris to move in with her?? I'm sure it's very consensual. I don't think their relationship is super healthy, but I do think they love each other and enjoy being together (obviously).

5) Chris has said some asshole-ish things on twitter, in videos, etc. Whether or not that makes him an asshole is really a matter of opinion.

I don't know them personally so is it possible there are parts of their relationship they keep hidden? Definitely. Although I doubt they hide much because Rachel is a very public person. It's true that we only see what they let us but they do provide a lot to go on and we're going to make assumptions based on what's given to us, just like people who assume they have the perfect relationship.

So yeah, sorry if I come off sounding super defensive, but don't accuse other people of "knowing nothing about relationships" (I've been in a happy relationship for two years now, thanks. And my life wouldn't end if we broke up because I do things without him) because they don't believe relying on your significant other for everything is healthy.
She did perform in that showcase thing which was without Chris and I think it's good they have different hobbies but I understand what you're saying about going to each others houses for the holidays. My cousin who I'm really close with has been dating her boyfriend for like 3-4 years and they do visit their families separately on Christmas for a few days. And I only compared her relationship to my parents relationship because a previous comment said married couples don't spend as much time together as Chris and Rachel which isn't true, every relationship is different.

She puts her relationship on full display for the internet (as far as previously putting intimate details on her tumblr) so I totally get why people are commenting on the relationship, I just feel this need to defend her even though I don't know her! :)

urbantriangle07
Learner
Learner

Post by urbantriangle07 »

It's like she's Chris' sugar mama and he's her sugar baby. She pays for him to have a slightly above-average lifestyle for a college student while he's there to play the boyfriend card and worship her anger and tell her she's pretty

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I mean the golden rule of the Internet is if you don't want it judged, don't put it out there. Yes, every relationship is different. However, I would point out that someone's parents are from a different generation. Personally, I think being cooped up with a SO in college is not a sign of a healthy relationship. If you told me there's a 60-something couple that does everything together I would think that's fab, but it's apples to oranges imho. As you said, they do THINGS together....not just sit around showing off their relationship online and watching TV.

I don't think his personality has changed. Attention just magnifies who you already are -- it doesn't change who you are.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I think it' seems unhealthy too. In her freshman year she seems happy, had friends, a job where she had to interact with people, took care of herself as far as doing her hair and wore outfits that took some effort. Now she seems so miserable, it doesn't look like she leaves her bedroom much. I think a yes man like chris is the last thing she needs. She needs somebody to tell her when she's being ridiculous or freaking out over nothing or ranting and raving like a lunatic over nothing. Jmo. I can't believe how much both of them have changed in 2 years. Chris looked so much more baby faced, has he lost weight or something?

malibublonde
Learner
Learner

Post by malibublonde »

No idea if it has been mentioned before but her voice/something about her/her attitude reminds me of Jenna Marbles.... I don't like either one of them.

tillwesurrender
Learner
Learner

Post by tillwesurrender »

bewtgooru wrote:It's hilarious how they try to throw it in everyone's faces that they have such a "perfect relationship."
If I had their relationship I would commit.

1) Chris is not attractive. At least not conventionally. I would rather kiss a pig than him. It's great that Rachel finds him so attractive, obviously everyone has different tastes, but she should stop bragging 24/7 like she's dating Taylor Lautner or something. Not everyone wants your boyfriend Rach, calm down.

2) They are both assholes. I don't think Rachel "changed" Chris into one, IMO. I think they've both always been ass hole-ish and now, with more videos and Chris being a bigger part of Rachel's internet presence, it's easier to see. Rachel probably rubbed off on him a bit but I don't think a genuinely nice person would have put up with Rachel's constant negativity for so long.

3) Their relationship is not healthy. They NEVER do anything apart. Even married couples spend less time together than these two. They probably wipe each other's asses in the bathroom. It is not healthy to be so dependent on someone that you cannot function without them, which is how their relationship seems. If Rachel can't even visit her own family over the holiday without her boyfriend hanging onto her every second of the day then there's a problem.

4) They are wasting their college years big time. Not necessarily because they aren't going out and partying (like someone else mentioned not everyone enjoys doing that) but they're wasting all of the opportunities that come with being in college. They aren't involved in Greek life, clubs, internships, or the university at all it seems. They aren't even taking challenging courses and they certainly aren't going out and meeting new people. If they ever have kids they'll have a great time telling them about "that amazing Vampire Diaries episode" while everyone else has cool stories and maybe even job offers.

So to conclude, they are both social misfits wasting their time watching TV and eating their own horrible baked goods in a dysfunctional relationship that they are documenting for the internet to see. Boy, I am so jealous I could die.
holy shit do you know them personally bc you have a lot of extremely long opinions for someone you've never even met. Sorry that they're not living college life up to your standards? They dont seem like sorority /fraternity people (especially rachel) and how do you know they haven't interned anywhere? how ignorant can you be to say that bc someone isn't living life how you would that their doing it wrong? also- the fact that you find chris unnattractive is very irrelevant and you dont have to kiss him cause you're not dating him so you don't need to choose between him and the pig? sheesh i know this is trash a guru but this really bothered me - im not even a minion!

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

Is it just me or does chris like always seemed annoyed when rachel is vlogging? Like it feels so awkward watching her vlog with him because he seems really uncomfortable and annoyed like her vlogging is this embarrassing thing she does. Like she's super into it but he's not

holly1414
Debater
Debater

Post by holly1414 »

I think he's just a super awkward person in general and the camera only intensifies it.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

tillwesurrender wrote:
bewtgooru wrote:It's hilarious how they try to throw it in everyone's faces that they have such a "perfect relationship."
If I had their relationship I would commit.

1) Chris is not attractive. At least not conventionally. I would rather kiss a pig than him. It's great that Rachel finds him so attractive, obviously everyone has different tastes, but she should stop bragging 24/7 like she's dating Taylor Lautner or something. Not everyone wants your boyfriend Rach, calm down.

2) They are both assholes. I don't think Rachel "changed" Chris into one, IMO. I think they've both always been ass hole-ish and now, with more videos and Chris being a bigger part of Rachel's internet presence, it's easier to see. Rachel probably rubbed off on him a bit but I don't think a genuinely nice person would have put up with Rachel's constant negativity for so long.

3) Their relationship is not healthy. They NEVER do anything apart. Even married couples spend less time together than these two. They probably wipe each other's asses in the bathroom. It is not healthy to be so dependent on someone that you cannot function without them, which is how their relationship seems. If Rachel can't even visit her own family over the holiday without her boyfriend hanging onto her every second of the day then there's a problem.

4) They are wasting their college years big time. Not necessarily because they aren't going out and partying (like someone else mentioned not everyone enjoys doing that) but they're wasting all of the opportunities that come with being in college. They aren't involved in Greek life, clubs, internships, or the university at all it seems. They aren't even taking challenging courses and they certainly aren't going out and meeting new people. If they ever have kids they'll have a great time telling them about "that amazing Vampire Diaries episode" while everyone else has cool stories and maybe even job offers.

So to conclude, they are both social misfits wasting their time watching TV and eating their own horrible baked goods in a dysfunctional relationship that they are documenting for the internet to see. Boy, I am so jealous I could die.
holy shit do you know them personally bc you have a lot of extremely long opinions for someone you've never even met. Sorry that they're not living college life up to your standards? They dont seem like sorority /fraternity people (especially rachel) and how do you know they haven't interned anywhere? how ignorant can you be to say that bc someone isn't living life how you would that their doing it wrong? also- the fact that you find chris unnattractive is very irrelevant and you dont have to kiss him cause you're not dating him so you don't need to choose between him and the pig? sheesh i know this is trash a guru but this really bothered me - im not even a minion!
Nah I don't know them personally. I wrote that a while ago when I was heated about something and I realize my opinion came off as excessively harsh. I'm embarrassed reading it over now and I would retract a lot of it if I could

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

Kelleyfosho wrote:Is it just me or does chris like always seemed annoyed when rachel is vlogging? Like it feels so awkward watching her vlog with him because he seems really uncomfortable and annoyed like her vlogging is this embarrassing thing she does. Like she's super into it but he's not
Yeah I get this impression every time he comes on camera haha. He does not look happy

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

I have been married for two years and with my husband out of our marriage for two years, so I think I'm qualified to comment on the marriage comment. What your parents, who no doubt are a generation behind us youngsters do, is not the rule, it's the exception. For this new generation, generally marriage does not mean being joined at hip. Marriage means at the end of the day, after you live your two separate lives from 9 to 5, you come home to a house you share with a partner, and talk to them about things. It's mostly " permenantly having someone there " . And if you meet someone 30 years and younger who says they don't do things separately, they are fucking lying. Plain and simple. Be it the woman reading a book in the bedroom while the man is playing a video game in the living room or the woman going out with her friends while the guy hosts a poker night, there is no one that married couples are as attached as these two kids are.
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

I've never liked how people bash on their relationship. Yeah, they spend a lot of time together. And? As long as he isn't hitting her and/or cheating on her (same goes for Rachel), I don't see the problem. Not all relationships are the same.

tyhay13
Stalker
Stalker

Post by tyhay13 »

I don't think it's healthy for a couple to spend all their time together, AT ALL but honestly, we don't know how much they're together. Their all the time could be completely different from someone else's. And if they do spend all their time together, that's their business, it's their relationship. Maybe they are dependent on each other, which would suck if they ever broke up. But who are we to put parameters on how they decide to spend their time or how they run their relationship? It's not our relationship to run.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”