Carry on here from the original Eat your Kimchi thread :tu:

sososhady
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simon and Martina (Eat Your Kimchi/Sushi) - Part 2

Post by sososhady »

Yay new thread! Someone in the last one mentioned that with their Instagram and all their social media plugs they have all sorts of outings. Nothing wrong with that. But after watching hem eat cake for what feels like forever and watching Martina clean her mini figures...no thanks. That's not really content I wanna see. Sure it's their everyday lives, I suppose, but I feel like they're STRUGGLING with filming new stuff.

We already have to wait long periods for new videos already....I feel like these are just fillets to keep their subs happy.

I feel like they should bring back the formula that they had for eat your sushi. The had many mini videos and talked about their experiences through the whole thing. With Martina getting worse I feel like this type of thing would help a lot more.

Their fans already have said that they love watching anything and everything they do...why not do something with that. You don't have to worry about five minute videos if you packed a bunch into one video!

Idk maybe I'm talking nonsense here but I feel like that would be best for them at the moment.

LaughingHeart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LaughingHeart »

The cake video could have been a 20 minute video but they just kept on rambling on and on about nothing. I enjoyed the mini garden cleaning bonus video more then the main upload. If they could post something along those lines for their future content I think that'll keep their viewers interested.

What works for them is the same with Rachel&Jun, loyal fan base that doesn't mind what video is posted as long as it has them in it they're happy with any content. Will it help getting new viewers in? Not likely but I don't think they really need new people for their channel to keep their current income and lifestyle.
The small issue I have is they post quite a lot on their other social media about their every day life but lack the uploads about it on their YouTube channel. Don't think they'll put the effort into making anything new as I am sure they are aware the current laid back content uploads still pays the bills.
Make your doesn't sentence sense.
You are now reading a pointless sentence

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

They are still changing the thumbnails of all of their Japan videos. I assume it's to drive up the views a little more without releasing new content.

reseulli
Learner
Learner

Post by reseulli »

I keep hoping they'll film some FF7 Remake content. Simon is a Final Fantasy fan. Seems like a missed opportunity not to check out the Square Enix cafe, or the Remake event going on at Tokyo Skytree now... :-(

aa107001
Talker
Talker

Post by aa107001 »

Something they've been doing that's been bugging me is that they'll mention a restaurant or spot they really like but won't say where it's located. I can understand not wanting to say the address because they don't want the restaurant to be overrun by tourists. But then why mention the place at all. It's not anything serious but it just comes off as taunting or rubbing it in their viewers faces. Like "Haha we found a delicious restaurant we're not gonna tell you where it is but we'll still brag about it haha".

Again it's not anything serious, however it is a little bit unfair to their viewers that basically fund their lifestyles to be able to go out and find these places.

One of the tiers for their rainbow ladder support team membership includes 'secret food maps and monthly music finds' and that tier is $4.99/month. So if a viewer wants to know where these places are they have to join the membership program.

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

aa107001 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:21 pm
Something they've been doing that's been bugging me is that they'll mention a restaurant or spot they really like but won't say where it's located. I can understand not wanting to say the address because they don't want the restaurant to be overrun by tourists. But then why mention the place at all. It's not anything serious but it just comes off as taunting or rubbing it in their viewers faces. Like "Haha we found a delicious restaurant we're not gonna tell you where it is but we'll still brag about it haha".

Again it's not anything serious, however it is a little bit unfair to their viewers that basically fund their lifestyles to be able to go out and find these places.

One of the tiers for their rainbow ladder support team membership includes 'secret food maps and monthly music finds' and that tier is $4.99/month. So if a viewer wants to know where these places are they have to join the membership program.

Or they can just Google it and bypass them altogether

aa107001
Talker
Talker

Post by aa107001 »

They often don't mention the name or neighborhood of the spot, making it hard to Google.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Do they produce any special YouTube content for subscribers or people who pay? I know that’s the way a lot of you tubers are going but I was wondering about that with them.

LaughingHeart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LaughingHeart »

They do, Rainbowladder supportteam they call it. Not sure of the added value if it"s the same quality they have been uploading lately. One of their latest videos Martina said as they came out a restaurant it would be an upload for their supporters.

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

This Natto video is all wrong. Arent you supposed to stir Natto first?, they arent teaching us anything. I cannot explain it.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

I guess I miss the point of the Natto video entirely. Was it to teach us about Natto? To show off special Natto?

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:28 am
I guess I miss the point of the Natto video entirely. Was it to teach us about Natto? To show off special Natto?
I dunno!

You know what Misophonia is? PPl who literally cannot listen to ppls eating sounds?
I think what I have is cringy youtube video -phonia.
THIS one video took me 5 hours to watch, I had to stop when I was getting that cringy feeling inside and restart it

What bothers me about this video is they originally wanted to go to Japan, but went to Korea instead, then went to Japan.
I have serious PTSD and cant travel, but I have loved Japan my whole life and I have eaten Natto more then them.
They acted like some rigid bible belt eater, eating sushi for the first time, with their Natto, and they didnt prepare it properly.
You are supposed to stir it vigorously in a bowl with the seasoning packets.
I know what Japanophiles wanna see and they arent showing anything!
ENOUGH COCO CURRY!

BTW I have BLACK soy bean Natto in my freezer

LaughingHeart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LaughingHeart »

I skipped through the video as soon as Simon started his food to mouth shoveling.
At least they are consistent and still eat like pigs after 10 years. Plenty of other food videos where you don't hear much sound other then maybe a crunch or something. Nowhere near the volume these two produce every time they shove food in their mouth.
Length wise it was alright, was happy it wasn't an hour long drag fest like the cake one.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

I can't stand the food shoveling. I hated when they did it in Korea and I hate it still today. It's not funny or endearing. It's cringe as hell.

Also, Simon, GROOM YOUR DAMN BEARD OR SHAVE IT OFF!

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

Wont be watching the Coronavirus video. I have PTSD, I dont need that in my head

sososhady
Learner
Learner

Post by sososhady »

I was wondering how long it would take before the did a video about the coroanvirus.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

It's a pretty boring video. It's them walking around the popular areas of Tokyo and commenting on how no one is out. Also them in grocery stores looking at empty shelves of toilet paper, masks, and other items.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Nowhere near as good as Chris's (Abroad in Japan) video about coronavirus

littlebitbuee
Learner
Learner

Post by littlebitbuee »

Actually had to skip through the video because they were stretching for content and I got really annoyed with it. Martina with a sailor moon face mask. Simon teaches you how to wash your hands. Shots from Tokyo and going 'OMG YOU GUYS IT'S SO EMPTY HERE!!!'. That's about it.
I don't really want to compare these two with a channel like Abroad in Japan, but I'm going to do it anyway. Chris made a last minute decision to make a video about corona and did it all in one day. It was informative, funny and a joy to watch. If Simon & Martina wanted to hop onto the corona train to make that clickbait dollar, joke is on them because youtube demonetizes all videos about the subject (according to Chris).

They recently changed up their perks for the rainbow ladder support team and it's super confusing who gets what and what tier you're in? I joined in januari to check what it isall about and this is what's included:
- a monthly post about a restaurant and music recommendation - also locations outside of japan from when they travel(led) around
- a montly video with a long intro and sort of life update and then some random vlog clips
- acces to the discord (recently)
- two photos they took, in wallpaper format for your phone or desktop (recently)
- a meemers cosplay photo (recently)

Considering the quality of their videos still haven't gone up, and I don't really care about the perks I think I'll be cancelling my membership soon.

Return to “Eatyourkimchi Studio”