Bernadette Banner

Wassersten
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bernadette Banner

Post by Wassersten »

Modehistorique, AKA Sarah Lorraine, AKA Sarah Goodman. Was the self proclaimed Queen of costuming the “OG”.She ruled LJ along with Festive Attyre. Any wrong word and you were cast out of the group. A few years ago a lot of costumers went to the Versailles ball. Modehistorique was pushed out by the new comers, miss violet vixen (one word) and virtuouscourtesan. Modehistorique shut down and left the mainstream costume community after she did some mean girl antics on Instagram.

hysterically_adq
Informer
Informer

Post by hysterically_adq »

nobodyhere wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:08 pm
puffystarrr wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:42 am
On her new Patreon update, she really highlights how she sold out to what is popular and actually says that she doesn't want to release "filler content" loooool. It looks like she won't release sewing related before June and she's really focusing all her energy on the book.
Imagine the moment she gets her draft back and sees all the words her editor crossed out because B used them incorrectly.
That is if she even writes it? I wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t hooked up with someone to essentially write it for her? I’m guessing she got an offer she couldn’t refuse that came with someone who would help her write. So, she changed her mind about not wanting a book.

If it takes sooooo long to edit a video and the youtubers are all complaining about that work I can’t see most youtubers writing books on their own, but here we are. I think something like a ghostwriter is involved. But let us rejoice because her book can sit next to Pewdiepie’s and Shane Dawson’s and all these other treasures that were published to take teen allowance at the height of a youtuber’s fame.

I just don’t foresee it being the same quality as the American Duchess books, not with her saying she wasn’t going to write one at all.

hysterically_adq
Informer
Informer

Wassersten wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 pm
I wonder how much Abby made at AD? Also, did she go back home, moved out of Reno? Cathy Hay is the biggest scam artist I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen the decline of the Historical Costume community over the past five years. Sections fractioned off, loss of friends. Greed. Pushing new comers out of the way. Modehistorique and her arrogance. They truly are the mean girl club. AD will not last. I wonder what the Reddhead is doing? Did she decried people as well. And lates not first JennyLaFleur the passive aggressive Jesus girl. What a contradiction.
There is a separate thread for all these other people...but Abby hasn’t moved. I know she spoke about it but she is pretty tight with Nicole and they have a new endeavor they’re working on with her historic clothing collection that I assume Nicole is going to need access to. Though both Nicole and Abby might move? Probably depends on their partners (I actually have no idea if Nicole has one) and their careers, friends, family, and support systems.

The best benefit of living in Nevada is monetary. Lauren isn’t dumb. I don’t think American Duchess is located there because of the weather.

hysterically_adq
Informer
Informer

sharknado wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:52 pm
I found this weirdass video yesterday where some guy tries to estimate how much she makes. What surprised me even more is that she commented on it:

"Fascinating. However unfortunately these figures are incorrect--when my channel was at 435k back in December, I currently had two videos picked up by the algorithm and was gaining views and subscribers at a highly unusual rate for the period of about a month; calculating the entire year based off of this single month of highly unusual performance, while amusing, is inaccurate. One must also take into account the fact that the CPM encompasses only monetised views, so the increasingly substantial percentage of users watching with ad blockers do not count towards the monthly revenue total, and those publicly projected figures (ie from SocialBlade) are always vastly optimistic. Sadly despite the two well-performing videos, I did not see anything close to $30k in the month, and I most certainly did not see $200k for the year, even with additional streams of revenue through sponsorship and Patreon.

An interesting study into the basic function of how ad revenue is hypothetically calculated here, but inaccurate in regards to my own personal analytics, and I do hope people don't take this as truth."

There's something weird about her responding to this video. On the one hand, I wouldn't want people to estimate how much I make if it's more than what I actually make. On the other, it implies she namesearches herself, which is not very secure behavior. Being an influencer/content creator means being a ZZZ-list celebrity, and all that comes with it. You come out the winner in the long run if you stay cool, collected, don't respond/acknowledge haters, and focus on your thang - tempting as it is to clap back to us anonymous losers. ;)

That being said, all the content creators I've lost respect for are avid Twitter posters, and BB is not on Twitter, so I do respect her for not broadcasting her every thought into the Twitter void. It's a one-track lane to cancellation. Although since she's on YT and IG, she's not out of the woods yet. (Side note - anyone else get the vibe she used to go on Tumblr? Just so much of how she talks, her meme vocabulary, calling herself 'trash for x' - extremely Tumblr terminology. 'Hamiltrash' being an example.)

I've been making a list of videos BB has deleted or unlisted. Has anyone seen one that she had that was an hour-long stream(?) about the business side of YouTube? I saw it on a playlist a few days back and now it's gone. Not just privated or unlisted, I cannot find any reference to this video existing at all. There were two of these hour long videos.
I’m not surprised she commented! She commented on here to set the record straight. What with all the discussion on how much money she makes of course she wants to control the narrative around that. Also, if that videos numbers are way off I don’t really blame her. It does say something though that she reached the level that a video was made about her income.

Honestly though if BB is a certified expert in anything it’s making a living via YouTube/Instagram/etc. She shares her spreadsheets, she drops tips in her stories, she coaches Abby... I actually find that sort of openness around it endearing. It makes her way more accessible than if she moved to Victorian flat and pretended that she didn’t live in the modern world (ok ok ok I know she claimed not to know about Christmas, which yes makes no sense with her love of the Victorian era but let’s not forget she has some sort of memory loss....right? Right. I’m not gonna sway anyone with my argument that it’s kinda endearing but it makes total sense to me that she would comment on the video.🤪)

Betwixtthefigs
Learner
Learner

Post by Betwixtthefigs »

Classic Fool wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:01 am
steph87 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:13 am
... I don’t know New York so idk if the stuff outside of her window was as recognisable, but I think once you get to a certain number of followers you really need to enact some sort of internet security strategy (Micarah Tewers recent house move and Best Dressed’s stalker story come to mind).
It was. I don't live in NYC but it's my favorite city and I'm one of those weirdos that are fascinated with any little thing relating to it (especially now when I have no idea when I'll be able to safely visit it again :boohoo: ). Anyway, a while back I got curious to see if I could figure out where that building with the green roof was located (because I just think it's the coolest) and I found it within an hour on Google maps. It also wasn't difficult to deduce which nearby building she lived in so it may not be immediately recognizable, but her surroundings are unique enough to pinpoint her location with ease. Actually, that's when I began to realize that her "I'm broke" schtick was complete nonsense and then I found GG which confirmed my suspicions. It also had info about her apartment so I didn't have to do all that Google map sleuthing if I had found this thread first, lol.

Btw, it seemed like she was in a different location for that corset video or am I imagining things? Was she just in a different room? Idk, from the vibe I was getting, it didn't feel like the same place.

I say this as not creepy as possible. I have zero desire to interact with internet "celebs" at all. I'm literally just a Trulia/Zillow whore. It's really easy to find folks' houses. I ,ironically, had an abuser find mine two years ago and they announced that through a mailed birthday card. That all said, my not weird intentions clear I say: M just bought a pretty pricey house and it's cute af. B moved from a suuuuper expensive fancy highrise to some aesthetic exterior looking boring on the inside apartment. GD, at least R.M. got her cute af hobbit home from a family member. At some point we must come to terms with the cash many of these people are raking in.

Szowtk
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Szowtk »

She's writing a book now? If you're somebody who only follows her on her Youtube videos, you're really left in the dark on what's going on.
“Doth my nugs bequeath me?”

Return to “Costubers”