Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

Re: Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
LanaL wrote: LONGtime Lurker here.....
I can’t stay quiet anymore! Originally came here to see if anyone else shared my opinions after watching her on and off, and it seems that I have found my tribe! What a trainwreck! I didn't watch her back in the Chris years, but was highly entertained by her when she was dating Joe.

I have a few questions (apologies if these have been answered in previous threads)
-does anyone know what Ginette did/does for a living? Also, watching an old video of a handbag unboxing (one of what seems like hundreds she’s done over the years) She was in the UK visiting her mother and stepfather. Anyone know what happened to him as she seems to live alone from anything I’ve seen on a video?
-The engagement ring from Rick - It’s a Tiffany yellow diamond as she has repeatedly stated. Does anyone really think that that redneck bought a Tiffany ring? I feel like maybe it was a family diamond from Tiffany’s that she had made into the setting for her engagement ring....thoughts?
-What were they getting a contractor to do to the house in Florida? I must have missed that, it all got to be a little too much for me, Meeting such a creep getting engaged and moving to Florida all in what seems like only a few months!?!?

From his Instagram posts it seems maybe he was dumped, with that ‘24 hr long post’. I might have thought (and seems to a consenus here) that he dumped her and he was just sticking it to her on insta, implying that they had both agreed to put up a post for a day, announcing the split. But has anyone thought maybe she had doubts, came to a conclusion while in Hawaii or on her way there and “celebrated” her decision to call it off by letting Mummy buy her a new purse and necklace etc?
Just my 2 cents.....
this thread has been so much more interesting than her channel EVER was. The lack of insight into her own issues is just astounding to me!!!
So your post didn’t show up until later but these are my thoughts:

- I’m not sure what Ginette did for work as Elle never seemed to talk about it. Which is fine since it’s none of our business, but Elle liked to rave about how her grandmother was a successful business owner, etc. I can only think that her mom did a standard office job and or just invested her money (from her mother/Elle’s grandmother) into real estate property and built her wealth through there. Someone else mentioned this a couple pages back and I’m inclined to believe it. I don’t think Ginette is old money but probably understood where to invest, unlike her spendthrift daughter.

- I privately PMed someone about the ring when it was first introduced and in my “layperson” opinion, I don’t think it’s a Tiffany ring she is wearing but a dupe. I actually went to the boutique to check out their yellow diamonds and I didn’t think Elle’s had that nice canary yellow the Tiffany one did. I also thought the structure of the ring didn’t look the same, but that could just be my personal bias talking. *shrug* I never mentioned on the forum publicly because it just seemed a little too weird for me to go out of my way, investigate, and then report back on GG. Honestly I work extremely close to a shopping mall (although unlike Elle, I don’t get 2 hour lunch breaks) and I was researching engagement rings for myself at the time, so it wasn’t that much of an inconvenience. :lol: To be fair, it’s very possible that the camera she is using isn’t capturing the color correctly, although I have my doubts that Rick is still making payments on this very ring. :rofl: also, I really doubt it’s a family diamond, just by the cut (most heirloom diamonds are old european/old mine cut and Elle’s looks like some hybrid crushed/brilliant cut) but ****maybe**** his mom bequeathed Rick her diamond that was bought by his dad at the time of their engagement?! Lol. I’m really, really trying to be generous here.

- she never explicitly stated what they were doing to the house, although I figured it was just standard stuff like upgrading the extremely dated kitchen, redoing the bathroom, backyard, etc. I don’t think Rick had any interest in updating the house, it was all Elle’s doing.

- as far as the breakup is concerned, I always erred on the side that he initiated or Elle and Rick both had a sit down talk about their plans and realized they weren’t a good match when she came back from Hawaii. I still don’t think Elle initiated anything just given her track record with guys and her desperation to get married and have kids (note: for some reason people keep forgetting that Elle wants kids. She has said she wants kids on her Instagram story and on a q&a video. ELLE WANTS KIDS AND MARRIAGE). Not to mention, it’s really odd to have her mother excitedly say, “See you in Hawaii!”...if Ginette knew Elle was breaking it off, that’s a pretty weird thing to say on camera!

Again, all just my thoughts!
Oops! I meant see you in FLORIDA, not Hawaii. That’s what I get for drinking a glass of wine and trying to be deep in the odd hours of the night! :rofl:

Re: Elle Stepford Cleaver Crazy Cat Lady and Her 90-Day Rickety Fiance Melting in Swampland (Part 8)

Post by Guest »

PrePackingPrep wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:01 am
Pologirl, Elle's family situation is quite sad. Her father did not want to be a parent. Ginette had a brother but at some point he died. I'm not sure if either of her maternal grandparents were still alive when she was born but both are now deceased. She grew up without aunts, cousins, extended family. I can see why she's anxious to get married. All the more reason to go to therapy. No one makes good decisions operating from a point of desperation.
I’m pretty sure Elle’s grandparents were alive at least up until Elle entered middle school. Ginette and Elle briefly stayed in Belgium (after Elle was born in NY) before moving to Toronto when Elle was a wee kid and the grandparents came with them. I don’t know when they died but Elle seemed quite young.

I only remember these details because of Elle’s outrageous claims of being “foreign”. :roll:

pologirl
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pologirl »

RubyGT wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 am
Just read that article. Guess that "journalist" doesn't believe in fact checking. She really said she was a securities lawyer? Like really? Wow!

I agree with those that said he dumped her. She was fixing the house, bought a car, moved her life, was about to start a new job, last video says see you in Florida........ Come on folks. He posted that because he's a pretentious jerk. It's like being condescending and passive aggressive. He breaks it off then says "I'll cherish all the time we spent" that's a dick move. But it's from the same jerk that wouldn't admit he was married.

I would love to know if she started her new job? Or did she just quit because she was dumped? That is what separates you from women. I hope you strapped your big girl boots on, put your head up, went to work and found an apartment. All the while looking to move back to Vancouver.
I think he dumped her too. He posted first to control the narrative. He doesn't want to come off as a jerk to someone who uprooted her whole life for him.

I was thinking that Elle should consider staying in Florida and starting her new job. It might serve to keep her mind off things and give her time to figure out her next move. But I don't think that's likely to happen. She'll likely crawl back to her mom and sulk a bit. I really hope the demise of this relationship serves as a wake up call for her to enter therapy.

Annie_HTX
Learner
Learner

Post by Annie_HTX »

Was watching an old video that Elle posted this past March, and in the video she said she has "quite a few trips planned to warm places - Hawaii, New Orleans and Florida." So that means as soon as MARCH - maybe a month after connecting with Rick - these two had already made all these travel plans to meet each other's respective families. *face-palm*

P.S. I know I'm beating a dead horse here as the two have gone their separate ways, I'm just being messy!

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 pm
Was watching an old video that Elle posted this past March, and in the video she said she has "quite a few trips planned to warm places - Hawaii, New Orleans and Florida." So that means as soon as MARCH - maybe a month after connecting with Rick - these two had already made all these travel plans to meet each other's respective families. *face-palm*

P.S. I know I'm beating a dead horse here as the two have gone their separate ways, I'm just being messy!
Which is also 1-2 months after special someone dumped her (depending if you believe he dumped her end of December before her trip or when she got back end of January) we know she moves fast, but damn! She gives herself zero time to grieve.

Apparently I also like to beat dead horses too.

TheObservant_1
Informer
Informer

Post by TheObservant_1 »

PrePackingPrep wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:29 am
The only consistent relationship in Elle's life is one where her wealthy mother spoils her and expects nothing in return. She is trying to recreate that in her romantic relationships and it isn't going to work.

In the Christmas video someone linked a few pages ago Elle showed what she got for her mom. A Nespresso milk frother that she described as 'very affordable,' a rollerball perfume, a Becca highlighter and a Nouvelle Pearl necklace! Ginette got Elle a Gucci purse plus other gifts! I remember a vlog where Elle used a L'Occitane gift card she had received when she placed a large order for herself to purchase Ginette a travel size candle. Even towards the woman who has nurtured her all of her life she is stingy!

I think the IG breakup announcement was in poor taste. But at the time it was almost two weeks after her return from Hawaii. Maybe Rick didn't think Elle was doing enough to finalize plans to move out and he thought publicly announcing it would be the push that she needed.
Agreed. Elle is either very stingy (my bet), or she's trying to compensate to her followers about how "affordable" other things are to justify her expensive purchases.

:rofl: why do I love your theory about Rick so much? :D I can totally see that being the case! She may have just parked herself and her little "size 2" jeans and refused to move until Dickles forced her hand! I think it's hilarious that even the guy from swampland doesn't want her!

AnastasiaBeavrhausen
Talker
Talker

Post by AnastasiaBeavrhausen »

She’s a stage 5 clinger for sure. I’m positive he’s trying to get her out of his house. She’s been “unwell” on her fainting couch, probably begging him not to kick her out.

I also agree with the theory that this was money-driven. Ginette wouldn’t pay for his airfare to Hawaii, then Elle comes home with designer goods worth more than the price of his ticket. The curtain was pulled back - she’s alllll about herself and spending money. He just couldn’t see it past his own narcissism.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the mental note, ladies. :tu: The idea of Elle squatting in Swampland is making me laugh. Please let this be real...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Annie_HTX wrote:
This sounds harsh, but damn... she is incredibly pathetic. She just threw herself into pursuing Rick and I don't know what would drive someone to be that reckless with their life. It's like she has no ability to think rationally about the future. Was she really that blinded by chasing the Hallmark movie fantasy of her long-distance romance?

Based on this, and everything else we know, she is probably already on the dating apps back in Vancouver, lining up dates for the day she arrives back. Anything to get some male attention and seduce them with her pasta maker and "cutesy" voice

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

adel220 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:40 pm
Thanks for the mental note, ladies. :tu: The idea of Elle squatting in Swampland is making me laugh. Please let this be real...

Another thread title: Elle Florence failure of a daughter swampland squatter

Lovely
Learner
Learner

Post by Lovely »

Annie_HTX wrote:
Anything to get some male attention and seduce them with her pasta maker and "cutesy" voice
That's one heck of a euphemism. :rofl:

Post by Guest »

stubbssie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 pm
adel220 wrote:

Dead :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

Can it have something about being a "fauxtorney" in it?

ice_cherry
Learner
Learner

Post by ice_cherry »

How about "Elle Florence, fauxtorney: failure of a daughter, swampland squatter."

my suggestion is to add ...but never a bride. at the end, but the above is funny enough without it. ;)

RubyGT wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm
stubbssie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 pm
adel220 wrote:

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

RubyGT wrote:
How about....

Elle Fauxtorney 321 fast clip to breakupmas made me unwell but nicely done merci beaucoup (Part 9)

Post by Guest »

Elle "Never a Bride" Fauxtorney: 3-2-1 Relationship Time Bomb & A Swift Clip to the Frozen EGGmas Clinic

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

For new people here not quite enlightened to Elle’s tactics and found this forum, liar Elle resells these $50 scarves, which she probably gets for $30 wholesale, for $159!!! She “designed” them and designed” the colors too.

https://www.wholesalepashmina.com/categ ... ash-fringe

They’re available in every possible color.

https://www.wholesalepashmina.com/pages/colours

She says her scarves color are limited edition and that color is never coming back after they’re sold out. Sometimes she only has a handful of that color left so hurry! Ladies, you can buy them directly in any color at any time much cheaper.

sheepsmeadow
Learner
Learner

Post by sheepsmeadow »

I’m curious: how much do you think Elle spends total per year on clothes, jewelry, handbags, and makeup? I estimate last year she has spent about $4,000 on jewelry, $1,500 on makeup, $3,000 on handbags, and $8,000 on clothing, but I could be way off. What do you guys think?

boredstrom
Learner
Learner

Post by boredstrom »

sheepsmeadow wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:49 pm
I’m curious: how much do you think Elle spends total per year on clothes, jewelry, handbags, and makeup?
Too much

Post by Guest »

LuvYoutube wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:51 pm
RubyGT wrote:
How about....

Elle Fauxtorney 321 fast clip to breakupmas made me unwell but nicely done merci beaucoup (Part 9)
Oh, burn. But actually quite funny. 👍

Return to “Elle Florence”