David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 43)

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 43)

Post by alphaB13 »

Continue here!

Last edited by alphaB13 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 43)

Post by pious »

Following

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

pious wrote: Following
pious wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 pm
kaimaela wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:

hahahahaha didn't expect carly to respond
but love it
christine has been fucking insufferable lately
brilliant :rofl:

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

I hope Jeff saying Skotcast was cancelled was just him being sarcastic. Also Davids second channel video was so curated and fake feeling. I wish he knew how to incorporate brand deals more naturally

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

mariamay9 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm
I hope Jeff saying Skotcast was cancelled was just him being sarcastic. Also Davids second channel video was so curated and fake feeling. I wish he knew how to incorporate brand deals more naturally
I hadn't mentioned it, but I didn't even really enjoy his second channel vid. And that's shocking because I hardly ever am bored with any of his videos. Unlike the main channel video that felt like it went forever in the best way, this video was kind of a lot of nothing. I was kind of surprised because I don't believe for a second he didn't have some better footage to use. But his second channel is where he's able to make money, so I get it.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

mariamay9 wrote:
Interesting because that video was probably 100% edited by joe.
Im guessing skotcast is actually over.

Its really interesting to how much higher standards people hold david compared to the others in the VS.

He uploads a day late and people start to complain compared to zane who uploads 2 weeks late and no one bats an eye.

Same with the podcast. I cant remember a week where they have missed it, they are completely reliable compared to the skotcast.

They have literally traveled cross country to record it.
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

alphaB13 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 pm
mariamay9 wrote:
I hadn't mentioned it, but I didn't even really enjoy his second channel vid. And that's shocking because I hardly ever am bored with any of his videos. Unlike the main channel video that felt like it went forever in the best way, this video was kind of a lot of nothing. I was kind of surprised because I don't believe for a second he didn't have some better footage to use. But his second channel is where he's able to make money, so I get it.
That video was exactly like his teen choice video or his old tour videos, filmed and edited by joe im guessing.

The difference in comedic talent/style is noticeable

- David Dobrik 2020

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

Paschdav wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 pm
mariamay9 wrote:

Its really interesting to how much higher standards people hold david compared to the others in the VS.

He uploads a day late and people start to complain compared to zane who uploads 2 weeks late and no one bats an eye.

Same with the podcast. I cant remember a week where they have missed it, they are completely reliable compared to the skotcast.

David & Jason actually make a good amount of money off the podcast from their multiple ad reads. They don't travel to record it out of the good of their hearts, its because they're obligated in ad contracts, Skotcast doesn't have many ad sponsors and it wouldn't be profitable to travel to record it.

I think people expect a schedule from David because he has always had one and been reliable, Zane never has. Also I think Davids second channels are always edited by Joe I think the footage available was just boring and fake reactions from David. I'm annoyed we never got fun Halloween content

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

mariamay9 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:

David & Jeff actually make a good amount of money off the podcast from their multiple ad reads. They don't travel to record it out of the good of their hearts, its because they're obligated in ad contracts, Skotcast doesn't have many ad sponsors and it wouldn't be profitable to travel to record it.
You invest and get a return, if you are consistent the ads will come. David and jason have been consistent since 2017 and thats why the podcast makes great money and thats why everyone else in the VS is starting one.

Zane had a schedule monday and thursday, he had it for years but no one cared when he didnt upload.

- David Dobrik 2020

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

Paschdav wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:26 pm
mariamay9 wrote:
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:

David & Jeff actually make a good amount of money off the podcast from their multiple ad reads. They don't travel to record it out of the good of their hearts, its because they're obligated in ad contracts, Skotcast doesn't have many ad sponsors and it wouldn't be profitable to travel to record it.
You invest and get a return, if you are consistent the ads will come. David and jason have been consistent since 2017 and thats why the podcast makes great money and thats why everyone else in the VS is starting one.

Zane had a schedule monday and thursday, he had it for years but no one cared when he didnt upload.
Eh I disagree, Views has had multiple ad reads fro . the beginning otherwise David never would have done it. Listen to the beginning podcast episodes they already had multiple sponsors they didn't work their way up. Skotcast was pretty consistent until Scott went on tour and it would not hae=ve been smart to waste money on flying Jeff out to record the podcast where Scott was each week

I haven't watched Zane long enough to know he used to have a schedule but for the last few years I think its pretty well known he uploads inconsistently and when he wants to so people don't get as upset as David who in the last few months went from Monday-Wednesday-Friday to god knows when he will upload pretty quickly

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

mariamay9 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:

Eh I disagree, Views has had multiple ad reads fro . the beginning otherwise David never would have done it. Listen to the beginning podcast episodes they already had multiple sponsors they didn't work their way up. Skotcast was pretty consistent until Scott went on tour and it would not hae=ve been smart to waste money on flying Jeff out to record the podcast where Scott was each week

I haven't watched Zane long enough to know he used to have a schedule but for the last few years I think its pretty well known he uploads inconsistently and when he wants to so people don't get as upset as David who in the last few months went from Monday-Wednesday-Friday to god knows when he will upload pretty quickly
They had ad reads because david was already successful, the other didnt have to work their way up. I dont mean flying out to record the podcast but jeff could have very well had other people on if they couldnt record together.

They did how many episodes? Like 10? They had good views each week. If they had kept that up for a while the ads would have come.

Zane and heath do the same atm promoting themselves while they wait for sponsors.

If you put in the effort then there will be a return.

- David Dobrik 2020

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

zane covering up the Christine and Gabbie tattoos for a video would be so good but I feel like he wouldn't wanna deal with the drama after. Also still waiting for the day that Trisha and gabbie stop using Jasons name for clout and clicks like I know they admitted their views are low but damn pick something else to start drama over

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

So Cas is promoting a charity toy drive in her stories. I can't help but think of Salsa's rant.
Hi Cas!
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

artshaderoom
Talker
Talker

Post by artshaderoom »

Paschdav wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm
mariamay9 wrote:
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:
Paschdav wrote:

They had ad reads because david was already successful, the other didnt have to work their way up. I dont mean flying out to record the podcast but jeff could have very well had other people on if they couldnt record together.

They did how many episodes? Like 10? They had good views each week. If they had kept that up for a while the ads would have come.

Zane and heath do the same atm promoting themselves while they wait for sponsors.

They said they signed a 52-episode contract with some company so they're obligated to continue the podcast or else they would get sued.

And It wouldn't be smart for jeff to host 5-6 episodes on his own only for scott to get his 50% without lifting a finger, which explains why jeff and scott only did one solo podcast each during the tour so the revenues can be fairly shared.

I think Skotcast was consistent but they always complained about not getting ads so I don't think it's their top priority anyway.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

artshaderoom wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 pm
Paschdav wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm
mariamay9 wrote:
Paschdav wrote:
mariamay9 wrote:

They said they signed a 52-episode contract with some company so they're obligated to continue the podcast or else they would get sued.

And It wouldn't be smart for jeff to host 5-6 episodes on his own only for scott to get his 50% without lifting a finger, which explains why jeff and scott only did one solo podcast each during the tour so the revenues can be fairly shared.

I think Skotcast was consistent but they always complained about not getting ads so I don't think it's their top priority anyway.
Im guessing cadence13. They complained after episode 2 that they didnt get any ads.

Maybe a contract like that would have been good for them.

I mean even if they didnt record during the tour they could start it now again. Maybe it was just jeff joking but it sounded real.

I guess like you said the podcast isnt a priority for them

- David Dobrik 2020

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

They all have their own bloody podcasts now cause its an easy cash grab. I'd rather they didn't unless they had something original or halfway intelligent to contribute. Which they don't.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

absolutetrash
Informer
Informer

Post by absolutetrash »

Teacup30 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 am
They all have their own bloody podcasts now cause its an easy cash grab. I'd rather they didn't unless they had something original or halfway intelligent to contribute. Which they don't.
Every Youtuber wants to start a podcast because it's "easy". Without pre-planned topics and segments you usually find out how (pick one of the following) boring/uneducated/simple/irresponsible/fake/lazy they actually are. That doesn't go for everyone but talking for 45-60 minutes straight can be a tell-all for some.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

absolutetrash wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:48 am
Teacup30 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 am
Every Youtuber wants to start a podcast because it's "easy". Without pre-planned topics and segments you usually find out how (pick one of the following) boring/uneducated/simple/irresponsible/fake/lazy they actually are. That doesn't go for everyone but talking for 45-60 minutes straight can be a tell-all for some.
Views is totally fine I usually listen to it while falling asleep. I dont need to think about it and it gives a weird insight into davids brain.

Zane and heath is way too high energy for me, its almost like a show they try to put on every week. Its basically zane and heath denny era or late vine days.

Scottcast was fine but got boring quick because it was basically a therapy session for scotts problems.

Never listened to carly or josh's

- David Dobrik 2020

smj1799
Talker
Talker

Post by smj1799 »

I Agree about the skotcast I listened to every podcast and i hated it when ever Scott starts talking cause he’s always saying something depressing (not in a funny way) or says something funny then backtracks and says “that was too mean I’m only kidding” like dude we know just stop with the doubtful shit it’s annoying as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Pisses me off that the VS only posts about holidays they get drunk on..
I think it would've been awesome for at least 1 of them to thank veterans.

Return to “David Dobrik”