James Charles - Squeezing Every Last Bit Of Cash From His Morphe Palette - Part 7

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

James Charles - Squeezing Every Last Bit Of Cash From His Morphe Palette - Part 7

Post by auntiflo13 »

Carry on my lovelies :love2:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: James Charles - Squeezing Every Last Bit Of Cash From His Morphe Palette - Part 7

Post by thehippiechick »

Sister following.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Re: James Charles - Squeezing Every Last Bit Of Cash From His Morphe Palette - Part 7

Post by Guest »

'bounce back' from something that's been in the works for months?

hahahaha

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meomix »

Lolol

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Well this has been on the slate for a bit, even if it is only shrinking the palette down. I don't think Shane's upload has anything to do with it. I mean the world doesn't revolve around Shane Dawson. Had he dropped it at the same time JSC dropped Shane's palette I MIGHT side eye just a lil' but nah, sis.

His reply was so OTT though.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Shane and Jeffree are doing the same. The eyeshadow shades they've shown in part 3 - are replicated shades from all of Jeffree's palettes - from Beauty Killer to JawBreaker ! ..... It's not the Shane palette it's the 'best of J* palette!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

I realize that this pallet was probably in the works prior to the Tati scandal, however now after the scandal it just seems like it is going to do poorly. The cosmetic world is definitely going to be watching from the sidelines with this one. If it actually sells then he might still have a career within the beauty industry at least for this moment in time. If it under performs then this will be the true nail in the coffin. A bunch of overly eager fan girls on social media does not equal actual sales. Especially, if anything were to come out about him in that Shane series.

He's a dime a dozen male guru. It's a passing fad in a second wave of androgyny. I'm all for people becoming less reliant on gender norms but people like James and J* who make a spectacle out of it while going to an extreme are the reason why it will be over before it ever had a chance to settle in.

ibeendrakein
Informer
Informer

Post by ibeendrakein »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:

'bounce back' from something that's been in the works for months?

hahahaha
jeez james did not have to be that defensive and aggressive with a fan wtf @ the second tweet. but hey, you know what they say, hit dogs holler.

candlequitter
Debater
Debater

Post by candlequitter »

jesus he's tedious

Post by Guest »

In Australia ChiChi have a 'pride' palette I keep seeing, which looks very similar to James Charles palette and also has a mirror. I've seen reviews saying it's really pigmented and young people who love colour seem to like it, and it's sold out in a lot of places, including the brands website - so I assume that means it's a good thing. They also have a mini 'brights' called 'OMFG' that's very similar to his, too.

and at least with the pride palette they donated 10% of the proceeds to charities and organisations supporting the LGBTQI+ communities.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

THAT HAIR COLOUR IS ATROCIOUS IM ONLY SEEING IT NOW AND ITS A MESS

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

james if ur reading this, dye your hair back to brown and stop getting those godawful lip fillers

Peter Spawnn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Peter Spawnn »

People don't just make videos on him for breathing, they make videos bc he is a greedy little pig brat. I'm so over ppl feeling they have to protect poor little james, like he's just a boy doing his best. He is an adult

Peter Spawnn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Peter Spawnn »

Happy_one wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm
Peter Spawnn wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 am
People don't just make videos on him for breathing, they make videos bc he is a greedy little pig brat. I'm so over ppl feeling they have to protect poor little james, like he's just a boy doing his best. He is an adult
I'm sure that he was just exaggerating.
He was but also implying that said videos are blown out of proportion or unjustified. He has a big problem with accountability.

Taterdrama
Learner
Learner

Post by Taterdrama »

Is it just me or are all of the videos for him delivering PR cringe AF. He makes them answer pop questions about it? Full on narcissist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concocktail
Learner
Learner

Post by Concocktail »

JC is utterly unbelievable.

Besides the fact that this “new” palette is just a smaller version of his Chinese manufactured tat from last year, his PR is really inappropriate.
This may have been in the pipeline for months, it could have been planned for years. But in light of the biggest scandal of his career, he decides on an “Escape Room” gimmick for the PR packaging?
When Tati exposed him, several comments stuck in the minds of viewers, her use of his love of escape rooms as an anology of how he thinks he can crack someone’s sexuality was a big one.
Undoubtedly this would have come to mind and may even be yet another affront to these claims (like in the initial fall out).

He doesn’t learn or grow from anything. All he’s doing is getting increasingly arrogant and the superficial world he lives in and the sychophants around him are moulding him into the adult that he has become. It’s not a good thing.

The other thing that’s driving me mad with him is his horribly unprofessional behaviour.
Not long ago I had a meeting in my job about marketing. “Influencers” were raised as possible marketing tools.
We decided against it in the end because those of us who have seen/researched it had a discussion about Influencers and professionalism.
Firstly this isn’t all influencers, but the vast majority of them are like petulant children and they are increasingly brazen.
They deman respect and to be treated by company’s as the big revenue generators a lot of them believe they are and therefore believe they are entitled to free merchandise and big commissions.
On the flip side of the coin, they then have tantrums, go on mad rants at anyone who dares to say anything that is less than flattering. They tell fans/followers/commenters to “f**k off” call them names and attack.
In JCs case they go as far as to send their die hard fans after them.

Can you imagine any other professional in any other field (including modern celebs in music and film) conducting themselves in this manner?
They’d be shamed and out of work in no time!

Post by Guest »

I was saying on Jaclyn Hill's thread (he went to her place to drop off his new mini kit and brushes *eyeroll*) That in her insta-stories (which James himself reposted) Jaclyn does that bad fake British Attenborough documentarian thing while filming him, and even says at the end "Will there be another scandal?"

I just thought WTH? With friends like these.... :?

Who even thinks it's funny to joke about that kind of thing? As concocktail said above, he hasn't learned or grown from any of it. If anything he thinks the drama makes him more desirable. A known name. He thinks he can utilize it as a victim. Which is how he is portraying himself lately with picking someone like Jaclyn Hill to defend and befriend, as he acts like everyone else is soooo mean for no reason. The lack of self reflection is truly amazing, but so is the fact that so many are still willing to defend and support him.

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:

Ohhhhhh what a saint. Can we make the next thread name St. Charles standing up for the little guy or something ironic like that please

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I have nothing to add but James Charles is being dramatic about people picking at him when he breathes, but I'd be a lie if I said there weren't some gossip channels (ones friendly with Jeffree) who constantly clickbait and talk about him.I've been clickbaited a few times by those channels.

I just don't get his point in trying to WK someone else and call attention to that kind of shit.

but what I really came to say is, makeup literally makes James looks like 10 years older in my eyes, like he sometimes looks like a 30-year-old rich woman, with a bunch of surgery.

I don't think without it he looks great (because his lips look gross to me) but he at least looks younger. Makeup does him no favors and the new hair color really ages him (it's mean I know)

Return to “James Charles”