Following

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jessica Braun (JamBeauty89) Ding Dong, Frumpy Dumpy is home"Part 4

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Following
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

In reference to the comment about Tyler in the previous thread and his constant need to talk over people, I agree that he has a compulsion to be the smartest person in the room. He reminds me of the pretentious guy in Midnight in Paris.

reallybloggers---
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by reallybloggers--- »

andthensome wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:07 am
In reference to the comment about Tyler in the previous thread and his constant need to talk over people, I agree that he has a compulsion to be the smartest person in the room. He reminds me of the pretentious guy in Midnight in Paris.
yeah, but he really isnt that smart. if you ever hear him talk about anything you can easily prove him wrong with a quick google search, he talks so much about history, but as someone who was a humanities major in college, he honestly needs to such up.
same with how they pretend to be foodies, they are just trying to act classy, but anyone who is at all into food would not touch 1/2 the things they eat. not that it's not delicious, but because they eat so much stuff that is heavily processed.

CatsMeow
Debater
Debater

Post by CatsMeow »

Following

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

Following
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

JaclynSHILLcircus
Informer
Informer

Post by JaclynSHILLcircus »

She’s confusing retinols and retinoids on her new set video. What a smart lady. You LItERALLY only had one job Jessica Braun.

rosiepink
Learner
Learner

Post by rosiepink »

She looks SO dumb with the half cardigan down in her new video. I cant with her videos anymore she tries too hard like those girls in high school that want to be popular so bad and Gigi oh god they just love shoving that camera in her face for Tyler's views. If she was a cute baby I wouldn't mind. How is jessica not mad that she married a loser

Nelehrr
Debater
Debater

Post by Nelehrr »

rosiepink wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:00 pm
She looks SO dumb with the half cardigan down in her new video. I cant with her videos anymore she tries too hard like those girls in high school that want to be popular so bad and Gigi oh god they just love shoving that camera in her face for Tyler's views. If she was a cute baby I wouldn't mind. How is jessica not mad that she married a loser
Yes! The half on/half off sweater was bothering me.

anythingforviews
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anythingforviews »

Oh my god yes. If you want to wear off the shoulder tops.. buy actual off the shoulder tops!!! Forcing your v neck sweaters into an off the shoulder is so aggravating & not sexy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulda_Left_It
Debater
Debater

Post by Shoulda_Left_It »

Nelehrr wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm
rosiepink wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:00 pm
Yes! The half on/half off sweater was bothering me.
Trying to be like Tati, if I ever saw anything.

Shellgoss89
Informer
Informer

Post by Shellgoss89 »

Following

StellaA
Debater
Debater

Post by StellaA »

First time poster here. I used to watch almost all Jessica's videos (starting around the time she and Tyler got engaged) to just a bit after she quit her teaching job and had her baby to youtube full time. I still cannot fathom how the quality of her channel content has drastically gone down hill since making youtube her only job. One would expect the opposite to happen with Jessica having more time to put into her channel. The whole vlogging thing is just unappealing when the majority of what they vlog about are their Costco and Target shopping trips (from the few vlogs I watched early on). But after a year of hoping for Jessica to put more effort into her channel, I finally unsubscribed. The last video I watched was an eye palette declutter where she sped through the declutter process and got rid of all but a handful of palettes. That video finally drove home the point that makeup no longer gives her any joy- a pity since what got JAMbeauty89 on my radar in the first place were the makeup declutter videos. I loved the whole mini reviews of products and the reasons for keeping or getting rid of particular products.

So how is she still getting new subscribers? What do they find appealing about her content?

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

StellaA wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm
First time poster here. I used to watch almost all Jessica's videos (starting around the time she and Tyler got engaged) to just a bit after she quit her teaching job and had her baby to youtube full time. I still cannot fathom how the quality of her channel content has drastically gone down hill since making youtube her only job. One would expect the opposite to happen with Jessica having more time to put into her channel. The whole vlogging thing is just unappealing when the majority of what they vlog about are their Costco and Target shopping trips (from the few vlogs I watched early on). But after a year of hoping for Jessica to put more effort into her channel, I finally unsubscribed. The last video I watched was an eye palette declutter where she sped through the declutter process and got rid of all but a handful of palettes. That video finally drove home the point that makeup no longer gives her any joy- a pity since what got JAMbeauty89 on my radar in the first place were the makeup declutter videos. I loved the whole mini reviews of products and the reasons for keeping or getting rid of particular products.

So how is she still getting new subscribers? What do they find appealing about her content?
I am guessing that a lot of other stay-at-home mom's find her content so relatable. She posts lifestyle stuff plus baby stuff and still has time for makeup, she's doing it all!! I'm not hating on Sahm's, I just think she has shifted her focus to attract new subscribers that are not soley focused on beauty content. I also used to love her channel before she quit teaching, ever since I have watched less and less to where I hardly watch any of her videos anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️

rosiepink
Learner
Learner

Post by rosiepink »

Is she getting dumber... or is it an act to attract a younger audience??? They way she talks I can't believe she went to college and was a teacher.

Brytbratbar
Debater
Debater

Post by Brytbratbar »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:36 pm
StellaA wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm

[/quote

I am guessing that a lot of other stay-at-home mom's find her content so relatable. She posts lifestyle stuff plus baby stuff and still has time for makeup, she's doing it all!! I'm not hating on Sahm's, I just think she has shifted her focus to attract new subscribers that are not soley focused on beauty content. I also used to love her channel before she quit teaching, ever since I have watched less and less to where I hardly watch any of her videos anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️
I've been watching Jess for years but stopped a few months after she had her baby because I realized that while I like mom content I dislike the actual child being in the videos. No one is ever going to think your baby is as cute as you do and it was just way too much GiGi for a while. Her subscribers buying everything from her registry and then adding more just so that she could still have an actual baby shower left a bad taste in my mouth. I was a couple months behind her in pregnancy but living in a different country far from family I didn't get a baby shower. My husband and I bought 95% of what our child has as we were prepared to do, and we specifically chose not to get fancy bassinets or swings because they can get fairly expensive for such a short time of use. The whole thing left me feeling gross because they could literally afford everything on their registry without having to shill their registry link in the description box of every video. I'm currently a SAHM and I don't find her relatable at all as her kid always seems to be being watched by some family member.

reallybloggers---
Learner
Learner

Post by reallybloggers--- »

i just 1/2 watched her "drugstore" skincare routine, and for someone who claims she did all this research, etc, she clearly has no idea what the hell she is talking about. She is recommending the shea moisture product (maybe she got it in PR, and wants to stay on their good side), but that product has coconut oil in it which can be very pore clogging.

Return to “Jessica Braun”